• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[May 22, 2015] Combo Breaker 2015 (Rosemont, IL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attention Canadians: you should totally bring that stuff, but make him sing Rush songs in payment
Well, my favourite Rush song is YYZ, so that's either really easy or really hard, depending on if we count humming as singing.

Actually Kinder Surprise eggs may be on a banned import list here, so uh, don't do that if it gets you in trouble!

Canada's Kraft Dinner is way better than ours, because they use real cheese and not powdered garbage. Its called "Kraft Mac and Cheese" here but its also a different formula. I ate it all the time as a kid and I want to eat it again.

Yeah, Kinder Eggs got a few people in trouble at the Manitoba border recently. I'll pass on bringing that in.

I should make a note about the KD, though. If I can find proper sugar-filled pop at the duty-free store that shouldn't be a problem to bring over, but there's no way I can bring that in from outside.

Yeah, Kinder Eggs got a few people in trouble at the Manitoba border recently. I'll pass on bringing that in.

I should make a note about the KD, though. If I can find proper sugar-filled pop at the duty-free store that shouldn't be a problem to bring over, but there's no way I can bring that in from outside.

Forget it then.

Its still beyond absurd they are banned but that's a conversation for another time. If there is an equivalent that doesn't have a toy inside that would be great too.

Cane sugar soda isn't really super hard to find in the US anymore. Most grocery stores will have at least 1 brand of cane soda. Hell, I've even got a dedicated soda shop around the corner from where I live.

They get Killebrews. They make me happy

Wow. I sort of really want to go to this instead of Evo. Hmm.

Reactions: Kai
I can't believe Grangach just killed Alexpi.

oh god i need to turn myself in, what have i done

no disrespect @alexpi

!!!!
I heard the Metal Gear sound when I read that.

AAAAAA /tackles
And now I've turned you into a pokemon.... and your name is AAAAAA apparently. It's tpp all over again.

Anyways I'll be buying my flight tickets tomorrow, I aim to get there very early Thursday as the flight is cheaper.

Reactions: fenster and Midiman
I heard the Metal Gear sound when I read that.

And now I've turned you into a pokemon.... and your name is AAAAAA apparently. It's tpp all over again.

Anyways I'll be buying my flight tickets tomorrow, I aim to get there very early Thursday as the flight is cheaper.
use me in battle

Reactions: fenster
I know someone asked me this yesterday on Cludking's stream and I forgot to respond but despite me going to this, I will still be going to EVO.
Also when I changed my status to "yes" for this event, both Sage and SF were maybe's, and now they're under the yes category too. Stop trying to copy me gosh.

Also I have to ask before I buy my flight tickets, if I arrive on the 21st, the day before the event actually starts, will there be anything going on? I mean will I just be in Chicago doing much of nothing all day or will there be some people playing friendlies or such? Also I take it the hotel rooms for 89 dollars are only for Friday-Sunday nights? If so should I then maybe just end up coming early on the 22nd instead?

You cant copy whats fake.

OOOOO GOTEM BULLETBULLETBULLET

I'm debating going to this since Rosemont is like an hour from my house and I want to actually go to a tournament that isn't hosted online.

fwiw for those coming from out of town, the hotel is also located real close to a CTA line that will take you all the way to downtown Chicago for few bucks if you want to make a bit of a vacation out of it

fwiw for those coming from out of town, the hotel is also located real close to a CTA line that will take you all the way to downtown Chicago for few bucks if you want to make a bit of a vacation out of it

It's the Blue Line and it's also the way I'll be getting there from Chicago
Party train confirmed

Also I take it the hotel rooms for 89 dollars are only for Friday-Sunday nights? If so should I then maybe just end up coming early on the 22nd instead?

The discount rate should be available for Thurs as well. If it is not appearing as such please let me know so I can have words with the hotel.

The discount rate should be available for Thurs as well. If it is not appearing as such please let me know so I can have words with the hotel.
Oh I was just assuming, I honestly didn't know. If that's the case if anyone will be there on Thursday and is willing to hang out and do some friendlies and such then I'll just go on thursday.

Id be therrrrreeeeee on thurs (i think) :p

Reactions: erkicman
This is going to be rough. My mother just told me that my brother's planning his wedding to be that weekend. His wife's brother is graduating that day, too, though, so it looks like they made a bad schedule choice all around. Here's hoping things work out.

I know someone asked me this yesterday on Cludking's stream and I forgot to respond but despite me going to this, I will still be going to EVO.
Also when I changed my status to "yes" for this event, both Sage and SF were maybe's, and now they're under the yes category too. Stop trying to copy me gosh.

Also I have to ask before I buy my flight tickets, if I arrive on the 21st, the day before the event actually starts, will there be anything going on? I mean will I just be in Chicago doing much of nothing all day or will there be some people playing friendlies or such? Also I take it the hotel rooms for 89 dollars are only for Friday-Sunday nights? If so should I then maybe just end up coming early on the 22nd instead?
CLUDKING!!!!????!!???! Y?

One more thing for all of y'all since Lab Zero didn't want to be left out.

B9-q3j-CMAA251i.png:large

I think its time to kick the room sharing thread into overdrive.

Drewski, MR. Peck, and I were all planning on arriving and doing stuff on Wednesday, to add on to who will be there on thursday as well.

Drewski, MR. Peck, and I were all planning on arriving and doing stuff on Wednesday, to add on to who will be there on thursday as well.
Post this in the room sharing thread, the Wed-Sun room still needs people.

Kansas City rolling deep for this. We have a room booked of Skullgirls players alone. Looking forward to it!

Reactions: Kai
Status
Not open for further replies.