• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[May 22, 2015] Combo Breaker 2015 (Rosemont, IL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kansas City rolling deep for this. We have a room booked of Skullgirls players alone. Looking forward to it!

Hey, I'm a Lawrence boy.

Is the tourney running Sat Sun or is Fri involved?

Is O'Hare or Midway the closest airport or are they both pretty close?

Also, Xanadu peeps who are going, what are your travel plans?

Is O'Hare or Midway the closest airport or are they both pretty close?

Also, Xanadu peeps who are going, what are your travel plans?

O'Hare is far closer than Midway, definitely take that one if you can.

Reactions: Kai
Just registered! See you bums there.

Also a lot of flights are cheap now it seems so get cracking, everyone else

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Is the tourney running Sat Sun or is Fri involved?

To early to call as registration dictates the final event schedule. What I tell everyone is always plan on your tournament starting Friday.

Yo question: I signed up for CB, and it said "thanks for registering for Combo Breaker 2015" but didn't redirect me to Paypal. I put in my debit card and it went through (got an email saying that it did) but I didn't get a Paypal receipt. The event says registration is not done until I get a Paypal receipt but I can't really get one. Do I just bring the email from Combo Breaker or what?

Yo question: I signed up for CB, and it said "thanks for registering for Combo Breaker 2015" but didn't redirect me to Paypal. I put in my debit card and it went through (got an email saying that it did) but I didn't get a Paypal receipt. The event says registration is not done until I get a Paypal receipt but I can't really get one. Do I just bring the email from Combo Breaker or what?
I'd send them an email via the website. They can check to see if you're on the books.

I'd send them an email via the website. They can check to see if you're on the books.

Gotcha, thanks

Edit: Can't find an email on there oh boy

Edit 2: Never mind found it emailing Rick@thehadou.com right now

Edit 3: They responded to me on the Facebook page and I am indeed good to go. Yeah boiiiiii

Last edited:
Reactions: mcpeanuts
Thanks for contacting me about that. We actually found a bug in the registration system cause of your post. So I greatly, greatly appreciate you reaching out.

Gotcha, thanks
Edit: Can't find an email on there oh boy
Edit 2: Never mind found it emailing Rick@thehadou.com right now
Edit 3: They responded to me on the Facebook page and I am indeed good to go. Yeah boiiiiii
Thanks for contacting me about that. We actually found a bug in the registration system cause of your post. So I greatly, greatly appreciate you reaching out.
WE DID IT

CONTRIBUTIONS.exe has loaded

I'm for realsies doing #SendBrazilToComboBreaker, and @Mwisk is our man. We need ideas for rewards, but both myself and Rich Brown are available to record silly things for voices rewards, so we're on our way. I'll post the GoFundMe when we've got ideas locked in.

https://twitter.com/KillAllInstinct/status/571149735458770945

EDIT: ok rewards aren't 100% figured out but it's probably best to at least post the link to the page for those that are gonna donate regardless.

http://www.gofundme.com/SendBrazilToCB2015

Last edited:
First of all guys, this is incredibly humbling and an enormous honor to have our very own Beowulf going through all that trouble, and also to have the possibility of helping to make CB2015 the EVO of SG, so many people already going and invested in the cause. So if everything works out well, count me in!

OMW (hopefully) o/

And if I'm there I promise capirinhas, customs won't stop me this time! o_O'

Anyone have video recording equipment? I would love to do a few interviews with players/fans/Mike Z for Skullheart.

Anyone have video recording equipment? I would love to do a few interviews with players/fans/Mike Z for Skullheart.
What would that be exactly?

No idea. Also, I don't recommend international travelers bring it because of customs/NSA/Homeland Security.

@EFHRK recorded a lot of good footage at Frosty Faustings, so you might be able to ask him about borrowing some of his time at Combo Breaker.

Oh whoops, for real no. I just remembered I'm moving to LA in May and will be flying across the country to come back for this so I don't wanna bring my camera gear with me on a plane. Sorry bro.

NY/NJ

Tickets are Available now. If you wish to come with us buy them RIGHT NOW while they're cheap.

Click THIS link for the tickets to buy. Leaving thursday at 3pm getting there friday morning, leaving sunday evening getting back monday evening

edit: Prices just SKY ROCKETED in like 10 seconds for no reason. Check back and buy them when they're not 75 dollars!

Reactions: Mr Peck
I hope the $75 price actually drops for you guys. Like maybe a bunch of people need that ticket for the holiday weekend and tons of tickets were already bought. I've never seen prices go down on Megabus listings, but maybe other people have?

We shall see. I've never seen it go from one dollar to 75 so fast

Since I'm sure you all need additional reasons to attend Combo Breaker, did you see our Main Stage mock-up? We revealed it last night. Skullgirls is going to be up on this, and every one of you attending has the chance to compete under the bright lights.

CP_CB_Stage_Mock.jpg

That's so godlike! T_T

Wait, we get an arcade cabinet?

If you can somehow make the stage poorly lit and pipe pinball game sounds onto the stage, it'll be perfect.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Wait, we get an arcade cabinet?

If you can somehow make the stage poorly lit and pipe pinball game sounds onto the stage, it'll be perfect.

Our Main Stage will feature a RecRoom Masters Xtension cab (of some sort), which is compatible with the PS3. We're likely to pick a table-top version so that players can use their own stick. Final decision on which model cab we're using isn't made till early May.

Will it be head to head or just the single cab like in the picture?

Will it be head to head or just the single cab like in the picture?

I ran a vote on this and the majority of players wanted single cab. Thats a bit open to change if given good reason, but I'm expecting the "traditional" side-by-side arrangement.

I support single cab. And possibly a DDR machine in the background.

Reactions: helpmegetbetter
Still need to get to pre regging, have the plane ticket bought and everything haha.

Thanks so much for everything by the way. If you need help running a pool/bracket/anything i'll volunteer for the game no worries :)

Sad that the donation thing is credit card restricted. Oh well... hope you get together what is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.