• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA New England thread - Not UK

Actually, there's a global stick/pad/hitbox/keyboard ban in effect for 2014. We are only allowed to use DDR pads for directions and Guitar Hero controllers for the buttons.
Awesome I have some Tekken DDR experince and the fundamentals will carry me over.

Actually, there's a global stick/pad/hitbox/keyboard ban in effect for 2014. We are only allowed to use DDR pads for directions and Guitar Hero controllers for the buttons.
10265-powerglove.jpg
That probably means pad players receive this.

Reactions: Zidiane
Pad players are only allowed to play on Nokia 1998 model cellphones
We are thus invincible.

That reminds me, I really need to remember to pack my Playstation 1/2 to USB adapter so we can try the fishing rod controller.

Reactions: Icky
Does anyone have any PS2 arcade sticks? I have CVS2 and would love to play it with peeps, but I don't have a stick.

Does anyone have any PS2 arcade sticks? I have CVS2 and would love to play it with peeps, but I don't have a stick.
We had CVS2 last time we were at GU (not last Friday, but the Friday before) thanks to @LordCeno! He brought his dreamcast and some sticks. It was literally the most popular game that night

CvS2 is fun though i never really got to play anyone in it, i just went a groove Kyo and circle kicked to above the screen. I would love to actually play it though. Also I kind of hope jojo's ASB is still there since i finished reading the series and now really want to play the game.

CvS2 is fun though i never really got to play anyone in it, i just went a groove Kyo and circle kicked to above the screen. I would love to actually play it though. Also I kind of hope jojo's ASB is still there since i finished reading the series and now really want to play the game.
I can't remember the last time we had Jojo's at GU, sorry :/ @mcpeanuts Do you have anyway to get in contact with (Jojo's) Alex and tell him to bring it?

I can't remember the last time we had Jojo's at GU, sorry :/ @mcpeanuts Do you have anyway to get in contact with (Jojo's) Alex and tell him to bring it?
Yeah I sent him a message about it on Facebook. Woah, Facebook, it's almost like it has useful applications?!?!?!?!?

I have a PS2 stick with an iffy O button. However, with CvS2 going over so well with the Dreamcast last time, I was itching for more. For overall convenience I snagged the PS2 Classics version from PSN and took a couple hours to figure out how to convert my old PS2 save file into something the download version could read. Now it works fine and I won't have to break my stick trying to reunlock Shin Akuma and God Rugal.

I intend to bring the Dreamcast again Friday, but I'll bring the PS3 in the future.

For what its worth, one of my Dreamcast fighters is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (CPS3).

@mcpeanuts Any idea when the next game underground monthly is?

And @Pandamanana any idea when the next fall river fight night is?
I don't know yet. GU is honestly really bad about announcing dates for their tournaments in advance. I assume there will be one this month though. I'll certainly make a thread for it when I know.

The next FRFN is January 25th.
I don't know if this is available to the public, but if it is, here is the Facebook group for FRFN https://www.facebook.com/groups/691161764262429/
Cool, someone that I hung out with a bunch in elementary school saw me on the KoF stream last saturday and he told me that was actually going to these fall river fight nights until the first one I went to. So, I thiiiinnkkk I'm going to be bringing him to the next one, not sure. He plays SFIV

Reactions: Uzumakihero
The fact that I have been unable to come to another Fight night or even monthly makes me a bit sad. But, I think I might have some hopefuls at my college and I do really want to have a meetup in Boston too. I believe that @Uzumakihero was interested in maybe doing something but if anyone else is that would be great.

The fact that I have been unable to come to another Fight night or even monthly makes me a bit sad. But, I think I might have some hopefuls at my college and I do really want to have a meetup in Boston too. I believe that @Uzumakihero was interested in maybe doing something but if anyone else is that would be great.

PM me what you had in mind.

I would be interested in meetups. I don't really live that far from Boston.

I know I have a place that is open midday and we would have a nice venue to play in. It would then just be a matter of connecting a laptop with the updated version to the TV or playing on my outdated SDE version on xbox.

I know I have a place that is open midday and we would have a nice venue to play in. It would then just be a matter of connecting a laptop with the updated version to the TV or playing on my outdated SDE version on xbox.
Why do you need to connect a laptop to a TV? Why not just play on the laptop?

We're humans. The answer is always "Because we can".

It's a pretty large TV man.

I have enough HDMI cables to hog tie a hog... so that shouldn't be a problem.

@Pandamanana Just confirming again: am I driving you tomorrow night to GU?
A friend of mine took the train up from New Jersey today and I might end up spending tomorrow with her, so no... but I really want to go... If she ends up ditching me early I'll frantically message you, but otherwise count me out :(

A friend of mine took the train up from New Jersey today and I might end up spending tomorrow with her, so no... but I really want to go... If she ends up ditching me early I'll frantically message you, but otherwise count me out :(
A likely story. Clearly you're just afraid of us. :PUN:

Hey guys. Sorry but something has come up. I'm probably not going to be able to make it tomorrow. If I do make it it will probably be later in the evening and I won't be bringing my setup. This does not mean Salt Mine is cancelled, it can go on without me if someone else can bring a setup. I think @Zidiane has a laptop that can run the game.

Drat. I was looking forward to streaming this week.

Edit: Fuck it, I'll bring my rig. We've streamed from it in the past. Might have to use 2D backgrounds to stream well, but its worth a shot.

Now can I fit both the computer and the Dreamcast stuff? *ponder*

Last edited:
Reactions: mcpeanuts
Damn, well hopefully we see you next week man!
Drat. I was looking forward to streaming this week.

Edit: Fuck it, I'll bring my rig. We've streamed from it in the past. Might have to use 2D backgrounds to stream well, but its worth a shot.

Now can I fit both the computer and the Dreamcast stuff? *ponder*

Our hero, LordCeno! :D

I probably will, but I already took Thursday off, so I might have to work Friday :-( I might be able to make it anyway, though.

I probably will, but I already took Thursday off, so I might have to work Friday :-( I might be able to make it anyway, though.
Alright, just let me know