• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA New England thread - Not UK

Had another Baja Blast tonight at FRFN - so glad to see @mcpeanuts and Doc there. Also, everyone should know that Gary is planning on hosting a tournament that includes Street Fighter 4, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Skullgirls (with a $50 pot bonus for Skullgirls). We need to get at least 10 people there to show that the New England SG scene is alive and well. It'll probably be the weekend after APEX in January. $5 venue fee, $10 per game.
Nice! I can definitely be there, I don't know if I would play but I can probably stream it, depending on what the Internet is like at that venue. Since we know about it so far in advance it should be easier to get people, sometimes these things don't get announced until the week of and people are all "oh I already have plans that day" but when you know like two months ahead of time it's easier for people to clear space in their calendars, you know.

1384805_10202206392738794_1310345363_n.jpg

I don't know if the date is final, but this is the poster I was commissioned to make.

Reactions: Zidiane and Icky
Fallen Kings is the most metal name for a fighting game tournament ever. Fucking rad.

So, there's another Fall River fight night scheduled for November 23rd, but there's also a GU tournament scheduled for the same day. We should probably figure out which of these things we want to go to. I am kind of inclined to go to the GU tournament, because after the poor turnout last time I'm sort of worried if no one shows up again they may drop Skullgirls forever.

Fallen Kings is the most metal name for a fighting game tournament ever. Fucking rad.

So, there's another Fall River fight night scheduled for November 23rd, but there's also a GU tournament scheduled for the same day. We should probably figure out which of these things we want to go to. I am kind of inclined to go to the GU tournament, because after the poor turnout last time I'm sort of worried if no one shows up again they may drop Skullgirls forever.
I'd rather go to the GU tourny

Reactions: Uzumakihero
Alright well the decision is now real easy because the Fall River fight night on the 23rd has been cancelled.

Alright well the decision is now real easy because the Fall River fight night on the 23rd has been cancelled.
Did it just get scheduled, then cancelled 10 minutes later? xD

This Gary guy sounds really cool.
He is a great guy and a great Marvel player too. Last night we had a GGPO setup (ST, TMNT, 3rd Strike etc), a Marvel setup, a Smash Bros setup, my skullgirls setup and a fucking NES setup. We also played KoFXIII, Persona 4, Marvel 2, SF4 and a bunch of other stuff. It was really fun and I can't wait for the next one.

[Update] [url]http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?events/fallen-kings-new-years-tournament-at-gameking.29/[/URL]
Posted TFKNYT as an Event here on the forums. Would love to see you guys there :)

The Fallen Kings tournament is now scheduled. Information is on the facebook page linked above.

Last edited:
Reactions: Icky
And just like that, I won't be coming to weeklies anymore until I can get myself up there. Ride said he could possibly do monthlies but that's a maybe. I miss you guys. ;___;

And just like that, I won't be coming to weeklies anymore until I can get myself up there. Ride said he could possibly do monthlies but that's a maybe. I miss you guys. ;___;
It's the same situation for me X.X

is public transit in the boston area super sketchy?

is public transit in the boston area super sketchy?
Not really, but the venue is far enough from Boston that it's not really easy to get from Boston to us, or vice versa. At least not without a car.

I need to know these, I don't see any announcements D:

Also i'm a kid, so sometimes it's hard to make it to places. Wish I could teleport

HOLY SHIT

MIKE Z ADDED A BAR FOR UNDIZZY

THERE IS ACTUALLY A WAY TO TELL HOW CLOSE YOU ARE TO TRIGGERING UNDIZZY

MY EXCITEMENT FOR THIS NEW UI FEATURE CAN ONLY BE EXPRESSED THROUGH USE OF CAPS LOCK

The day when I am able to get out there myself is when our scene dies and no one plays.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Event thread for the next local tournament is up. If you are a bum who does not have a car I am posting the thread pretty early this time so you have nearly 3 weeks to figure out how you're going to get there. http://skullgirls.com/forums/index....erground-december-monthly-framingham-ma.1119/

Everyone probably realizes this already but there's no Salt Mine this Friday on account of NEC. Regular operations begin again the Friday after NEC, December 13th. Which I think is the first Friday we've had locals in like, a month? So that's exciting.

Reactions: Gamesandgoodies
:( Peanuts! I'll try my best to make it but I don't know with all my finals occurring bro.

I miss you and everyone at GU too. Not enough people willing to play fighting games here at my college.

I wish I could join in on the "Missing" but I don't think I've met you.

I wish I could join in on the "Missing" but I don't think I've met you.
I'm pretty sure the one time I was able to go and see everyone, it was one of the times that you weren't there Zid. I sure want to meet you though, I hear you know some stuff about Bells :^)

I'm pretty sure the one time I was able to go and see everyone, it was one of the times that you weren't there Zid. I sure want to meet you though, I hear you know some stuff about Bells :^)
Barely. I'm, like, the worst Bella in South Providence.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Everyone probably realizes this already but there's no Salt Mine this Friday on account of NEC. Regular operations begin again the Friday after NEC, December 13th. Which I think is the first Friday we've had locals in like, a month? So that's exciting.

Good thing I try to keep up on these things, otherwise that would have been SUPER awkward showing up on Friday. Good to know I can shoot for the 13th, so best of luck to the NEC group. I'll try and catch the stream for it on Sun and cheer ya on.

Good thing I try to keep up on these things, otherwise that would have been SUPER awkward showing up on Friday. Good to know I can shoot for the 13th, so best of luck to the NEC group. I'll try and catch the stream for it on Sun and cheer ya on.
Haha wow yeah glad I said something. I dunno how you consistently pick the days when no one's gonna be there. The tournament itself we can't stream because they have limited Internets but I should be able to stream hotel casuals. Those will be on my channel, twitch.tv/mcpeanuts

Side note, Fall River Fight Night is tonight at Gameking at 7, but I won't be going because I'm going to a friend's 21st. That means that if people want SG they'll have to bring a setup. Just thought I'd let yall know ;)

https://www.facebook.com/events/626230437433154/

Last edited:
Just gonna throw this out there since I get the feeling we may have a few people who don't quite know where everyone is. If you're in western MA (Springfield, etc.) and happen to need a ride to GU tomorrow, so long as you're not crazy out of the way, I don't mind grabbing someone. This means you too Worcester (you are along the way as it were). That said, I do have to work, but I'm trying to get out early so I'm not getting there for like 8~9.

Just gonna throw this out there since I get the feeling we may have a few people who don't quite know where everyone is. If you're in western MA (Springfield, etc.) and happen to need a ride to GU tomorrow, so long as you're not crazy out of the way, I don't mind grabbing someone. This means you too Worcester (you are along the way as it were). That said, I do have to work, but I'm trying to get out early so I'm not getting there for like 8~9.
@Rakurin
@Gamesandgoodies

I'm in Worcester but this week I have finals so I'm too busy with those but i would really appreciate if you could pick me up other times you go.

People remember who I am?
Apparently. You and GNG were the only Skullgirls players I could think of who could be considered western MA.

I'm in Worcester but this week I have finals so I'm too busy with those but i would really appreciate if you could pick me up other times you go.
No big bro. I just kinda put that out there as a general thing. Any time I head up (which isn't too often) I'll holler. As for anyone else, I'll try and keep tabs on this over the next 24 so just lemme know so I can plan accordingly.