• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA New England thread - Not UK

Also, shame I don't have a laptop or something or I'd bring Vanguard Princess to GU. I'm starting to really like the game

Alright. Well I have gotten two yeses, which is all I need to go ahead and do a thing. Here's what I'm thinking, let me know if you have any objections or suggestions:

-Format of the Ranbats will be double elim, random seeds, 2/3 games, 3/5 winners/losers/grand finals
-1st place is worth 4 seeding points, 2nd gets 2 points, 3rd gets 1 point.
-For the monthly tournaments you get 8 points for 1st, 4 points for 2nd, 2 points for 3rd
-Whoever has the most points is the #1 seed for the monthly tournament, second most points is #2, etc. Ties broken randomly.
-Points reset after each monthly tournament

Also, shame I don't have a laptop or something or I'd bring Vanguard Princess to GU. I'm starting to really like the game
I'm still planning on getting it when it's up on Steam, which will happen, I don't know, but I don't think it should be very long.

Reactions: Icky
All sounds excellent, this should make fridays even more fun!

And yeah, the greenlight says it's being released Winter 2013, so it should be really soon

Reactions: mcpeanuts
@LordCeno

I finally got around to figuring out how to get two mics working at once. This is kind of weird but I just plugged two of them in and they both worked? So I don't know why this was so challenging before. If you're coming Friday I'd like to test this by creating a local recording and seeing if the audio from that has audio from both mics, rather than relying on feedback from stream monsters.

Recorded matches from Saturday's tournament:

If we do this stream setup again I think I need to turn down the mic sensitivity cause it was picking up hella background noise. Forgot how loud it gets at these things.

Reactions: Zidiane and Icky
@LordCeno

I finally got around to figuring out how to get two mics working at once. This is kind of weird but I just plugged two of them in and they both worked? So I don't know why this was so challenging before. If you're coming Friday I'd like to test this by creating a local recording and seeing if the audio from that has audio from both mics, rather than relying on feedback from stream monsters.
I'll give it a shot. The last time we tried that it didn't work though? *shrugs*

I bought a new headset since the mic on mine died, so maybe it'll work better. My girlfriend says the audio quality on it is noticeably improved.

I'll give it a shot. The last time we tried that it didn't work though? *shrugs*

I bought a new headset since the mic on mine died, so maybe it'll work better. My girlfriend says the audio quality on it is noticeably improved.
The last time we tried it people told us it didn't work. I want to record the audio from both mics and hear for myself if it works or not.

The last time we tried it people told us it didn't work. I want to record the audio from both mics and hear for myself if it works or not.
Oh, good point.

That game wouldn't properly recognize my stick. I ended up having to use Joy2Key but I'm still not convinced that its running properly. Its it a 4 button or 6 button game?

Oh, good point.

That game wouldn't properly recognize my stick. I ended up having to use Joy2Key but I'm still not convinced that its running properly. Its it a 4 button or 6 button game?
It's a 4 button game, Light, Medium, heavy, Assist. And It only works for me when I use the mode button on my stick...but i don't know what that button is even supposed to do otherwise >.>

I tried Vangaurd Princess a long time ago. Had no one to play with and no online so I dropped it. It seemed fun.

I tried Vangaurd Princess a long time ago. Had no one to play with and no online so I dropped it. It seemed fun.
Well, now you have at least me!

Well, now you have at least me!
Yipee.

But yeah, I hope it'll be funner than it was in training mode by myself when I had no fucking clue what anything did.

Reactions: Uzumakihero
Yipee.

But yeah, I hope it'll be funner than it was in training mode by myself when I had no fucking clue what anything did.
I'm not too fond of playing another waifu-fighter, but if the combat mechanics are interesting I'd be down in trying it out :)

So we Vanguard now? Not that I'm complaining of course, more doujin fighters isn't a bad thing (I miss my Akatsuki Blitzkampf T_T).

Still primarility Skullgirls, I'm just taking a liking to Vanguard Princess and we might start playing it a bit on the side ;D

And @Pandamanana I think the mechanics are interesting. Some of the characters have some really cool unique shit. Think of it like 3S with Marvel 1's assists, but with more options for each assist.

So we Vanguard now? Not that I'm complaining of course, more doujin fighters isn't a bad thing (I miss my Akatsuki Blitzkampf T_T).
I've always wanted to play Blitzkampf.

I've always wanted to play Blitzkampf.

Admittedly it's not the greatest game, but I had fun with it. Not to mention the art for it is stylish as fuck.

Last edited:
You can say fuck on this website. Or at least, I've been saying it, and no one has told me to stop.

You can say fuck on this website. Or at least, I've been saying it, and no one has told me to stop.
Excuse me sir. I'm the fuck police. You're going to have to come with me. You're in violation of the fuck agreement, you're going to be charged with Fuckery. Don't resist, or you'll be charged with fucksisting arrest.

Excuse me sir. I'm the fuck police. You're going to have to come with me. You're in violation of the fuck agreement, you're going to be charged with Fuckery. Don't resist, or you'll be charged with fucksisting arrest.
Fuck!

Hey guys, I actually can't make it tonight. I'll be at the Fall River thing tomorrow though. Sorry D:

I will, as well, be at the Fall River Fight Night. I made the banner, so I'm morally obligated to go now :)
521747_10152321831869951_1129660546_n.jpg

Hey guys, I actually can't make it tonight. I'll be at the Fall River thing tomorrow though. Sorry D:
It's cool. Although if we're gonna have a low turnout I may not go tonight either.

It's cool. Although if we're gonna have a low turnout I may not go tonight either.
Are you still planning on going to the Fall River thing tomorrow?

So far it sounds like just you and me, so I guess I'll see you next week?

Are you still planning on going to the Fall River thing tomorrow?
Yeah, I mean I'm only not going tonight cause it would just be me and Ceno, and I don't play fighting games anymore, sooooooo
So far it sounds like just you and me, so I guess I'll see you next week?
Yeah sounds good. Sorry we'll have to test the mic thing next week.

Solid. I'm excited to get some McDonalds and hate myself at 2am sunday morning :)
That picture is deceiving, it makes Fall River looks like 10 thousand times less of a shit bucket than it is lololololololololol
I know, but it's a banner, so I'm not going to show a picture of the prison-esque exterior of Game King or the broken down warehouse it's across from.

i would like to go but since i don't really have much of a ride anymore i doubt i will be going to much anymore events for a while. X.X
also pandamanana i don't think i ever added you on steam.

i would like to go but since i don't really have much of a ride anymore i doubt i will be going to much anymore events for a while. X.X
This shit sucks D:

So, @Icky, do you want to pick me up tonight again or should I just meet you guys at Game King?

So, @Icky, do you want to pick me up tonight again or should I just meet you guys at Game King?
I'll pick you up at like 6:30 or so if you're down for that, I'm picking someone else up in Dartmouth too so you'll be on the way

ok, I'm down with that. Do I know the Dartmouth cat?

ok, I'm down with that. Do I know the Dartmouth cat?
The Doctor, I believe he was at the GU tourny you went to. And he's bringing a friend along.

Also, are you bringing a setup? or is just peanuts bringing one?

Yeah, I remember The Doctor. And yes, I'm bringing my laptop. Still haven't set it up to work with Ps3 controllers, though.

Okay, and I'll text you when I leave my house just to let you know if I'm on time and what not

Reactions: Pandamanana
Had another Baja Blast tonight at FRFN - so glad to see @mcpeanuts and Doc there. Also, everyone should know that Gary is planning on hosting a tournament that includes Street Fighter 4, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Skullgirls (with a $50 pot bonus for Skullgirls). We need to get at least 10 people there to show that the New England SG scene is alive and well. It'll probably be the weekend after APEX in January. $5 venue fee, $10 per game.