• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA New England thread - Not UK

You wana come to skullgirls weekend??? Its gonna be at my place I can get you in on the PM if you would like

Out in Amherst I can talk to the East MA people for you to coordinate a ride and what not

so......
Question would anyone be able to pick me up at the Framingham station on Friday?
Also @dMags could I stay at your place for the night on Friday please? That way I can jump on the commuter rail and head back to Leominster in the morning so its easier on my parental units to pick me up from said event.

so......
Question would anyone be able to pick me up at the Framingham station on Friday?
Also @dMags could I stay at your place for the night on Friday please? That way I can jump on the commuter rail and head back to Leominster in the morning so its easier on my parental units to pick me up from said event.
I should be able to pick you up. What time would you be getting there?

@joshb911 - yeah that'd be fine, the couch is all yours or you can bring an air mattress, I'll shoot you a PM on steam tonight and we can talk logistics for Saturday morning

Hi UzumakiHero

Reactions: Uzumakihero
I should be able to pick you up. What time would you be getting there?
Either around 6:30 or 8:30 what works best for you?

Either around 6:30 or 8:30 what works best for you?
Either one works. If you get there at 6:30 I'm pretty sure I have time to drive to GU, set up the stream stuff, then drive to pick you up.

Either one works. If you get there at 6:30 I'm pretty sure I have time to drive to GU, set up the stream stuff, then drive to pick you up.
Word I'll take the 6:30 one

Reactions: mcpeanuts
@Natezer and I will be there. I think @Zidiane has work though
I do, but soon enough I should be able to make it out consistently. I'll let you know, but it should be right around the beginning of January that my Fridays will be open again.

Reactions: Icky
I do, but soon enough I should be able to make it out consistently. I'll let you know, but it should be right around the beginning of January that my Fridays will be open again.
Love you zid <3

So good news and bad news. Good news is I have figured out how to have two mics working simultaneously. Bad news is they sound like garbage. There's like white noise that seems to always be just slightly louder than the input from the microphones. It's serviceable for this week I guess but I'm going to need Murph's help to figure out how to make it sound like something anyone would want to listen to.

So good news and bad news. Good news is I have figured out how to have two mics working simultaneously. Bad news is they sound like garbage. There's like white noise that seems to always be just slightly louder than the input from the microphones. It's serviceable for this week I guess but I'm going to need Murph's help to figure out how to make it sound like something anyone would want to listen to.
Is this with the mixer? Can you link me the exact mixer that you're using if this is the case?

Or if you want me to message me on steam I can try helping you through there

Is this with the mixer? Can you link me the exact mixer that you're using if this is the case?
Or if you want me to message me on steam I can try helping you through there
I could just like, show you tomorrow, since we'll both be there. It's not like I have any time to work on it between then and now anyways.

peanuts, can you take a screenshot of the garbage audio? that might help

all jokes aside, I'm gunna be running a little later than usual tonight I think, just a heads up

I could just like, show you tomorrow, since we'll both be there. It's not like I have any time to work on it between then and now anyways.
I was thinking that depending on what the issue is, I may be able to bring something to help fix it

@joshb911 I'm looking out the window and traffic is sort of fucked right now so I think I'm gonna head straight to pick you up rather than go to GU first. @Icky you might actually end up getting to GU before I do.

Shout outs to the whole New England crew for last night. Shout outs to Alex Smith for fixing my stick. Shout outs to peanuts for winning (what a surprise....)

All in all thanks for a good night as always. I'll see you guys on the 9th :)
And I'll see what I can do about having events at quarters

p.s. Are you gonna upload the footage peanuts?

Shout outs to the whole New England crew for last night. Shout outs to Alex Smith for fixing my stick. Shout outs to peanuts for winning (what a surprise....)

All in all thanks for a good night as always. I'll see you guys on the 9th :)
And I'll see what I can do about having events at quarters

p.s. Are you gonna upload the footage peanuts?
Yeah, I'll try to get the tournament uploaded some time today.

YOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got an email from the guys over at Quarters in Hadley and they said we could work something out with them about setting up there!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know what your guys best days are so I can ask about it and stuff!!! BUT WE GOT A BARCADE SPOT NOW HELL FUCKING YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

YOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got an email from the guys over at Quarters in Hadley and they said we could work something out with them about setting up there!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know what your guys best days are so I can ask about it and stuff!!! BUT WE GOT A BARCADE SPOT NOW HELL FUCKING YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!
Honestly, unless some people legit can only make it to quarters and not to GU, I'll probably sit it out. I don't even drink, quarters is an hour further from me than GU according to google maps, and driving to GU and back is already far and exhausting enough for one night

While this "Barcade" thing sounds cool, I don't really see any reason to go to it over GU. And going to both seems kinda crazy.

Reactions: Icky
To address some of the issues associated with this location. I am not suggesting we move the community to Hadley. I would however would like to point out how many people are out in western and central MA. Although GU is great 1. It's a pain in the ass for people in western mass to get to without cars and 2. You can't drink there. If you guys don't want to move out there it's fine I can start a new thing out there on a different day so that it does not conflict with GU but offers people in western mass an alternative to driving across the state. Also if we have it out here we have a much higher chance of getting new people involved in this community considering this area has like 5 colleges around it. I understand that this is not ideal for you guys in eastern mass or Rhode Island but for those in Connecticut, Vermont, and western mass this is great. Please don't think of this as a relocation think of it as a new event. I hope that this clears up some of your concerns. Now again I will ask..... What day works best for everyone else? I was considering having this on Saturdays or something.

E: I want to make it clear that I do not intend to have this event compete with GU it's just an alternative. Let me know what you guys think. :)

Last edited: