• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA New England thread - Not UK

I'm possibly heading to GU for the first time this Friday ( I'm from Boston area, a good friend of mine plays at GU all the time ), if not I think I'm definitely come and spectate the monthly next week at least, I wanna level up

@LordCeno

Would you mind bringing your spare monitor this Friday? I have heard some requests to bring back Salt Mine Classic where we'd have one setup for commentary + stream chat acknowledgement.
I'll see what I can do. Headset needed?

I'm possibly heading to GU for the first time this Friday ( I'm from Boston area, a good friend of mine plays at GU all the time ), if not I think I'm definitely come and spectate the monthly next week at least, I wanna level up

Lies, people of the boston area are destined to not ever go to GU. Unless you're pulling some magic I don't know of.

Hurry! Break the curse of Boston before the final petal falls from the rose or else this curse will last forever!

Hurry! Break the curse of Boston before the final petal falls from the rose or else this curse will last forever!
But...but...but...the final petal fell weeks ago :o

Reactions: Uzumakihero
Uploaded the FT10 that @Zidiane and I played last night:

@Icky I think I remember you saying you wanted me to make a highlight of something but I don't remember what, if you can find the timestamp I will do it. Thanks

@Icky I think I remember you saying you wanted me to make a highlight of something but I don't remember what, if you can find the timestamp I will do it. Thanks
I actually don't remember that :O

how's skullgirls been? i have been busy with school, non fighting game games and it's been too long since i have gone but i'm super worse now then i was when i was actually playing X.X

I actually don't remember that :O
Oh, well RIP I guess
how's skullgirls been? i have been busy with school, non fighting game games and it's been too long since i have gone but i'm super worse now then i was when i was actually playing X.X
It's pretty fun :-)

Vids from the last monthly are up @Icky @Natezer @User

I won't be at Game Underground the next 2 weeks due to PAX and NCR respectively but you have my blessing to go without me. Go forth and play games.

Thanks for the videos! And is there a fight night being run this Friday? I remember someone saying that due to PAX, there won't be a fight night for anyone.

Thanks for the videos! And is there a fight night being run this Friday? I remember someone saying that due to PAX, there won't be a fight night for anyone.
Glad you said something, I checked and they are in fact not running it this week. So nevermind you don't have my blessing!

Damn, I'm going to have a boring weekend for the first time in foreverrrzzzzz

Come into boston for that PAX afterparty, you don't even need a pass and most likey Skullgirls will be there because of Sanshee.

Edit: Well Sanshee did it last time, I shouldn't be saying they will be doing it this year. It's a maybe.

Come into boston for that PAX afterparty, you don't even need a pass and most likey Skullgirls will be there because of Sanshee.

Edit: Well Sanshee did it last time, I shouldn't be saying they will be doing it this year. It's a maybe.
You don't need a pass but I'm pretty sure you do need a ticket and they're expecting tickets to sell out, so if you wanna go I'd get on that now. Link to purchase the tix: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/sanshee-2014-block-party-at-pax-east-tickets-10652218071

So wait, is this just literally a party? I'm not really much of a party goer :o

So wait, is this just literally a party? I'm not really much of a party goer :o

It's more of "Sit down, play and drink"

It's more of "Sit down, play and drink"
I don't like sitting, all play and no work makes Jack a bad candidate for a highly powerful political figure, and I don't drink.

This sounds like all it'd do is compromise my chances of becoming a highly powerful political figure.

Seriously though, not really sure if I'd be down for it. I'll think about it though since I do need something to do this weekend

Seriously though, not really sure if I'd be down for it. I'll think about it though since I do need something to do this weekend

But, don't you want to see me? ;__;

Reactions: mcpeanuts
This sounds like all it'd do is compromise my chances of becoming a highly powerful political figure.

Just don't get caught sending dick pix on the internet and you'll be a fine political figure :)

In all seriousness though, it does sound pretty fun and worth checking out. I thought tickets were sold out? Or maybe passes are sold out?

Just don't get caught sending dick pix on the internet and you'll be a fine political figure :)

In all seriousness though, it does sound pretty fun and worth checking out. I thought tickets were sold out? Or maybe passes are sold out?
Passes are sold out for PAX but this afterparty thing isn't officially associated with PAX and you don't need a PAX pass to go to it. But you do need a ticket. Tickets can be purchased from the link I posted.

Passes are sold out for PAX but this afterparty thing isn't officially associated with PAX and you don't need a PAX pass to go to it. But you do need a ticket. Tickets can be purchased from the link I posted.

Oh gotcha, I was thinking they sold PAX Passes AND PAX Tickets, so I was confused. The Tickets are solely for this after/block party. Probably worth noting it does say on the EventBrite link that they will sell tickets at the door for $10, but it won't come with any drink tickets and you gotta wait in line and blah blah, much easier to buy them ahead of time.

More info from the EventBrite page:

Party will feature:
-Gaming themed drinks
-Food on toothpicks
-Occasional drinks
-Cool people
-Not-so-special guest appearances
-Music?
-Chairs!
RSVP to get drink tickets for 10 dollars and early access.

Drink TIckets not avaiable with purchase of tickets at the door.

Event is 21+, requires an invite or PAX badge and a valid ID.

Come on down for a good time.

No dress code; silly hats optional.

Im not sure if ill be able to make the after party, but ill try and see if I can't show. It'll be nice if I can get legit Skullgirls matches in that day, the Pax matches aren't going to be too great (unless theres a station somewhere it'll be played? Anyone know?)

Im not sure if ill be able to make the after party, but ill try and see if I can't show. It'll be nice if I can get legit Skullgirls matches in that day, the Pax matches aren't going to be too great (unless theres a station somewhere it'll be played? Anyone know?)
PAX has a console freeplay area where you can check out a game for an amount of time and play it with your friends. However since Skullgirls never got a disc release I don't know if they would even have it, or if it would be patched if they did. We should play something, though. Mario Kart or LittleBigPlanet or some shit.

I'm kind of angry that it is 21+. I'm eighteen and have now only been further alienated from the MA FGC by the circumstances of my age. I mean I don't even drink or smoke. If Yipes is there then please tell the man that he inspired this mod to get into fighting games seriously. Damn...

I'm kind of angry that it is 21+. I'm eighteen and have now only been further alienated from the MA FGC by the circumstances of my age. I mean I don't even drink or smoke. If Yipes is there then please tell the man that he inspired this mod to get into fighting games seriously. Damn...

Oh man, that how I felt four years ago. He was there last time.

Uzumakihero Story time: So, me and @mcpeanuts are leaving the venue. So does PR Rog and Yipes and their friends. Randomly, their friend tried starting shit with me for no reason, but I played it cool and avoided anything stupid from happening. We all had laughs, while PR rog is dying in the background when his boy kept saying shit. Meanwhile, peanuts was giving me a ride to the station and we were lost as fuck! We were even asked by some dudes in cars if we sold crack since we were standing on a corner looking the dang thing. We did find it eventually, get a ride to the station and ended up being stuck at the station because I had missed the last 12:30 train (at that time, I thought the trains didn't stop til 1:45, like the buses do). That's a night to remember.

Oh man, that how I felt four years ago. He was there last time.

Uzumakihero Story time: So, me and @mcpeanuts are leaving the venue. So does PR Rog and Yipes and their friends. Randomly, their friend tried starting shit with me for no reason, but I played it cool and avoided anything stupid from happening. We all had laughs, while PR rog is dying in the background when his boy kept saying shit. Meanwhile, peanuts was giving me a ride to the station and we were lost as fuck! We were even asked by some dudes in cars if we sold crack since we were standing on a corner looking the dang thing. We did find it eventually, get a ride to the station and ended up being stuck at the station because I had missed the last 12:30 train (at that time, I thought the trains didn't stop til 1:45, like the buses do). That's a night to remember.
Oh jeez I didn't realize after I dropped you off that you missed the train :X Probably wouldn't have happened if I could have remembered where I parked. Sorry about that, man.

Hahahhaa, watching that highlight makes me laugh so much xD I've watched it 4 times now and it's still hilarious. I had a similar thing happen yesterday online, but to a much lesser extent xP

All of you assholes going to PAX and i'm sitting here playing KoF and crying into my fightstick