• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA NYC SG Thread! Representing the Mahvel capital of the USA

Pobega

Reaction score
So has anyone managed to figure out a meeting spot besides Next Level? Last we left off (before Skullheart imploded) we were talking about doing something over at Think Coffee in Manhattan?

Note: When we figure something out I'll keep the OP updated.

anyone goes to level up to play sg?

anyone goes to level up to play sg?
Do you mean Next Level or is Level Up some place I've never heard of

ohh yeah i meant next level, i always mix up the two. XD

Hey guys hype to see the site and thread up and running, it's been awhile we should do a meet up again.

I'm down. I can bring a ps3. I'm available most Wednesday/Thursdays

dead scene is dead yo

What days is best for you guys to play?
I have Friday-Sunday off and I'm available on thursdays after 6.

rip in peace nyc

On another note I have a venue we can use here in NYC. The store owner said "It would generally depend on how much space you're taking up the store. If you're talking a few tables in the back of the store, not much more than $50. If you're talking taking up the entire store, that's a different story. ~Paul" https://www.facebook.com/MAGE.NYC/info

If 5 people show up then the venue fee will be 10. If a little more show up it will be cheaper since we definitely wont be using more than a few tables. So I need to know what day is best for everyone, what times are best for everyone and whether or not to make it biweeklies or monthlies. I know money is hard nowadays so if having these sessions spread out so people can save up and go helps I'll do that.

Guys we'll be playing tomorrow at Next Level. Come through if you can pls ;_;

Reactions: Pobega
I'm bringing my laptop

I hope peoples sticks work on it and ps3 pads work fine with motion joy.

If anyone else wants to bring a laptop they can tho!

How did TNL end up going? Sorry I couldn't make it, being 250 miles away for school sucks

It was fun. Shenannigans aplenty. Shoulda brought my salty umbrella mask though.

Here's to trying again. Despite MAHVEL and Super IV being prominent in NYC, kinda gettin' tired of not playing locals. There has to be more than 10 people who play SG (myself, everyone else in this thread, and a few people at Hunter aside) in the city. From what I heard back in August, the SG community got ripped for not giving NL a good turnout for St1ckbug. I mean, yeah, we have conflicting schedules and lives outside of SG, but it shouldn't stop us from trying to coordinate meetups and whatnot.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

I mean if you guys want to do local tournaments or sessions we need people to confirm they're interested in coming through~

My problem with St1ckbug was that he wanted to run the tournament on the skullgirls beta, while it was still a pos on PC and almost nobody played it with a 10 dollar venue fee and 1 dollar entry fee. Like why would I want to compete in tournament on a version of the game that was almost unplayable? idk

I'm not a fan of running tournaments on PC either. At NEC I learned my set up has some lag on it, and by playing on other set ups I realized that not one set up felt the same. That's the worst lol

Reactions: RetroStation
I'm always down to play but work gets in the way alot. Just let me know early enough so that I can find polite ways to tell my job to fuck off while I play Skullgirls

I'm always down to play but work gets in the way alot. Just let me know early enough so that I can find polite ways to tell my job to fuck off while I play Skullgirls
Sounds good. I wouldn't mind meeting up somewhere in the city first to get a feel for you guys personally. After that, I'd mostly likely have 1 or 2 of you over at my place, provided my roommate give the go-ahead. I've managed to tweak my setup for no lag offline, if that helps.

Reactions: dekillsage
Sounds fine by me. I'll keep in touch with everyone

So is this ever going to happen? I don't live in NYC anymore but I'd love to get some games going when I come down to visit.

Or is the NYC still as dead as ever?

I heard the console patch is coming out soon which will make having a session muuuuch easier. It'll probably have to be at next level or something though.

I heard the console patch is coming out soon which will make having a session muuuuch easier. It'll probably have to be at next level or something though.
Ew, Next Level :P

Go to Level Up and play, do what you can to play at the spot that'll let you.

Talk to TSB when the console version is out and try to get tournaments going.

Go to Level Up and play, do what you can to play at the spot that'll let you.

Talk to TSB when the console version is out and try to get tournaments going.
... Why didn't I think of that? I'll get in touch with Dai and see if we can work something out.

EDIT: I just spoke with Dai, and he told that either kenin or someone who wants to represent the NYC guys contact him directly. @keninblack, I'd like to volunteer for that, since I have him on FB, and I'm actually not that far from him if he needs to personally meet up. What say you?

Last edited:
He's actually on his way to NL soon, but since I'm house-bound atm, we'll have to arrange things once he gets back.

Reactions: keninblack
We should have a session in celebration to the console patch.
Anyone want to play at next level? Is Wed a good day? what about friday?

Fridays are good for me. Got class at 6:30pm on Wednesdays that are bad for business. Also Battle Circuit is on Wed

I forgot battle circuit is a wed thing.

Friday is good for me. Anyone else good for friday?

If you can cover me, then yes. Otherwise, I'm a no-go :/

delonelysage more like it hahahahaha FUCK

just come through LOL

delonelysage more like it hahahahaha FUCK

just come through LOL
Alright, I'll talk to my girlfriend about transportation. Hopefully we can make this work. Where would we be meeting up?

At next level? lol
Just find a way to get there and I'll cover your trip home and venue

At next level? lol
Just find a way to get there and I'll cover your trip home and venue
I asked because I don't have a physical phone lol

I'll just talk to Akuma when I get there and let him know what's up.