• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA NYC SG Thread! Representing the Mahvel capital of the USA

I tried the ThinkCoffe thing, but at the time when they were gonna give us a trial, Skullheart went down. I tried to spread the word but no one showed up for the trial. As a result, no dice there. I'd KILL to have an NYC SG meetup, but I've hit failure too many times to keep pushing.

I tried the ThinkCoffe thing, but at the time when they were gonna give us a trial, Skullheart went down. I tried to spread the word but no one showed up for the trial. As a result, no dice there. I'd KILL to have an NYC SG meetup, but I've hit failure too many times to keep pushing.
With the game coming out tomorrow, you can try to push for ThinkCoffee again. Give it one more shot; we've got nothing to lose at this point.

With the game coming out tomorrow, you can try to push for ThinkCoffee again. Give it one more shot; we've got nothing to lose at this point.

I'd have to get permission from the owner again. Which is sketchy at best.

Sage, I, and a few others are meeting up at Next Level this Friday to celebrate Encore on PS3. We'll see how it progresses from there.

If you can come to next level and play on Friday. At the very least we can all get acquainted and see if we can set up something in the future.

How long are you going to be there?

I'll try to make it. Though with the weather who knows what will happen.

So a few things:

- I have work on Friday. THIS CHANGES NOTHING. I will still be there but I get out at 4pm the earliest. Depending on the traffic it could take me anywhere from 40 mins to 2hrs to get there. I will choke a bitch if I find out that u fucks left before I got there.
- Friday is also Valentine's day. Apparently. Seeing as how this means nothing to any of us (orz), I got to thinking that we should squeeze in a solo Val mirror somewhere in between all this fight gaming.
- Coincidentally if anyone is willing to fund the bottle that I will drink to help my crying lonely ass go to sleep later that night, I would love you forever. Yes Bromo.
- I'd be more than happy to bring my own PS3 if it helps.

Last edited:
So a few things:

- I have work on Friday. THIS CHANGES NOTHING. I will still be there but I get out at 4pm the earliest. Depending on the traffic it could take me anywhere from 40 mins to 2hrs to get there. I will choke a bitch if I find out that u fucks left.
- Friday is also Valentine's day. Apparently. Seeing as how this means nothing to any of us (orz), I got to thinking that we should squeeze in a solo Val mirror somewhere in between all this fight gaming.
- Coincidentally if anyone is willing to fund the bottle that I will drink to help my crying lonely ass go to sleep later that night, I would love you forever. Yes Bromo.
- I'd be more than happy to bring my own PS3 if it helps.
Probably gonna spend time with my girl beforehand, but I should be there by 4. And you'll definitely see Val Friday night.

Reactions: Lethalmind
No I'm poor and (unfortunately) a responsible driver. To some degree at least. These things will have to wait until I'm off the road.

Edit: Or do they?

Uh... valentines day means something to me. I think if I ditched my v-day plans this friday I'd never have sex again...

you guys aren't only thinking of meeting up on v day are ya... cause like.. yeah... Skullgirls is important but not THAT important

My girlfriend and I don't get hype over V-Day, only cuz we just see it as another day of the week. However, I will try to see her before meeting up with everyone. I'm hoping we'll be meeting regularly once console's out. Also, I still need to talk to Dai about arrangements for TSB events. I haven't forgotten :)

I'm actually tempted to hold meetups at my house in Jersey City.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I didn't even know friday was valentines day when I originally asked because I'm a single boyyyyyyyy

But yeah I don't think of this as the only sessions we'll ever have, but I don't see there being another one for like a few weeks. It's usually how it goes.
Also, I still need to talk to Dai about arrangements for TSB events. I haven't forgotten :)

That would be great.

Btw, you guys are bringing setups, right? Just wondering.

Session is tomorrow! I know the snow is kinda crazy and its valentines day and shieeettt but if you can come through do so!

OKAY. After talking to Dai about locals, WE HAVE AN SG LOCAL NEXT MONTH!

... On one condition. We need turnout. Dai wants eight at the least, or he won't let us run it at TSB. Now, there's already precedent with SG and bad turnouts at Next Level, so we really need to come out in full force for this. If you can get in touch with NJ players (I don't think I know any), along with anyone else who'd be interested, please let me know. Feb 23rd's the deadline to let him know we want Skullgirls in NYC locals.

So far, the following have agreed to be there:
  • dekillsage
  • ShadeMoneh
  • Lethalmind
  • Random SG player I played casuals with yesterday (Name would be appreciated)
  • Myself (funds permitting)
  • My friend Ryuichi (funds permitting)
  • Omni (maybe?)
Again, any and all attendants will be appreciated.

Didn't know about this thread, but yeah, please come out! I know we can get something going.

OKAY. After talking to Dai about locals, WE HAVE AN SG LOCAL NEXT MONTH!

... On one condition. We need turnout. Dai wants eight at the least, or he won't let us run it at TSB. Now, there's already precedent with SG and bad turnouts at Next Level, so we really need to come out in full force for this. If you can get in touch with NJ players (I don't think I know any), along with anyone else who'd be interested, please let me know. Feb 23rd's the deadline to let him know we want Skullgirls in NYC locals.

So far, the following have agreed to be there:
  • dekillsage
  • ShadeMoneh
  • Lethalmind
  • Random SG player I played casuals with yesterday (Name would be appreciated)
  • Myself (funds permitting)
  • My friend Ryuichi (funds permitting)
  • Omni (maybe?)
Again, any and all attendants will be appreciated.
New York isn't really that far from me, only like 4 hours. I may be able to come down to help you guys get 8 as long as it's on a Saturday. Maybe see if I can bring some of the other New England guys with me.

Hey guys, so I'm kinda new here but I would love to come out and support the scene. I'm from jersey and I usually work late during the weekdays so even fridays are pretty tough for me (I would've loved to go to Next Level but I was at work till 8 at night plus had to work saturday, a rarity) and I would come out and at least support the scene, I just have a few questions:

When and where do you usually hold gatherings? I saw fridays which any weekday is iffy for me b/c of work, but weekends I'm pretty open.

Cover charge? How much? What system do you play on? I assume I can bring my own stick.

Most importantly!!! I SUCK!! Please don't judge. I feel playing online doesn't really help me b/c I don't really get any constructive criticism (or negative bashing either, probably b/c I just got my ass kicked) and I feel a local scene would help me learn better.

Anywho, hope I can get to play with some locals and you all won't destroy me too bad.

What up man.
We usually hold gatherings on a day most people are free. And its usually at Next Level arcade in nyc. You can google it and it will show up.

we play on ps3, and the venue fee is 10 dollars.

There's gonna be a tournament next month and we'd love for you to come. We can definitely help you get better!

Yea I see it's right off the D train, I don't like driving in the city (I drive everyday it's part of my job) so usually I like to come in the subway. I see it's pretty easy to get to. I'll keep hanging around here so I'll stay updated. Also I play ps3 so no problem with the stick standpoint (I use a mad catz TE)

Yea I see it's right off the D train, I don't like driving in the city (I drive everyday it's part of my job) so usually I like to come in the subway. I see it's pretty easy to get to. I'll keep hanging around here so I'll stay updated. Also I play ps3 so no problem with the stick standpoint (I use a mad catz TE)
Yeah, you'll be fine :)
New York isn't really that far from me, only like 4 hours. I may be able to come down to help you guys get 8 as long as it's on a Saturday. Maybe see if I can bring some of the other New England guys with me.
TSB events are usually held on Saturdays. So if you can add to the ranks for sure, I can add you to the list and let Dai know what's up.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Update: @mcpeanuts, think you and the NE crew will be available March 22nd? (it's a Saturday~)

Update: @mcpeanuts, think you and the NE crew will be available March 22nd? (it's a Saturday~)
Since we know so far in advance, we can probably make this happen... just gotta hope it's not also the same day as one of our locals. They tend to not even announce the date until the week of.

Reactions: RetroStation
In good faith, I'll have you down as a definite. I'm gonna wait until after Winter Brawl to send Dai the numbers; we might get more people interested by then. Any and all effort to spread the word and help turnout will be appreciated.

Hello. Just wondering when exactly all these events and locals are happening? Im pretty much willing to join in anything sg related so...yeah.

Edit: also i'll go to the nyc locals, since there are none in central NJ

Last edited:
Reactions: dekillsage
Info's all in OP.

EDIT: Wait wrong thread. Give me a sec to pull up the tourney.

That just happened last friday. The next time we hold a meetup is....whenever everyone manages to get the same day off again?

If you have PSN or PC, feel free to add me. I'm always down to play assuming im not completely dead from responsibilities.

Is your psn Lethalmind by any chance?
That just happened last friday. The next time we hold a meetup is....whenever everyone manages to get the same day off again?

If you have PSN or PC, feel free to add me. I'm always down to play assuming im not completely dead from responsibilities.