• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

One Big Night! One Big Show! One Big Man! One Big Band! General Discussion

That Gato palette looks fantastic, and because of that I know everyone and their granny is gonna pick it. Guess I'll be picking that Big/Darkwing Duck color then.

(That's when he hits consoles that is)

I'm pretty sure Big Zam is green.

Still waiting on Q.
Yeah, I mean, that palette looks nothing like it and there's all these others to choose fro--Oh hey, Big Zam!

Still waiting on Q.

I’m already here, what do you want from me?

Q-win2.gif

Alright, I made a mistake. The Big Zam one IS the Question one. The shading made it look different. I missed the Smooth Criminal one. It'll be fixed in the next video.

As for the Big the Cat/Darkwing Duck thing, it might have been based on one or the other, but it works really well for both (Big Band, Big the Cat) similar to the Umbrella Parasoul/Fluttershy Parasoul thing, except with 2500% less bickering.

I’m already here, what do you want from me?
Big Band still needs an intro where he jumps backwards onto the screen.

Big Band still needs an intro where he jumps backwards onto the screen.

Like...

Q-intro3.gif

this?

Yeah, it’s cool, but my Big Buddy doesn’t need to copy my every move. Although a win quote like "I’m no Abomination" would be nice, he’s an awesome dude, not a monster. I’m too, but in a more creepy kind of way. Also, I can’t play instruments nor fly.

Just a question, but does it feel like BB got faster to anyone else? Or am i just crazy? Also, as a side note, I hope one of his sax outro's is purely just the Proto-man whistle.

Watching that intro sequence and seeing Darkwing Duck's design... yeah, that seems far more reasonable. I have a borderline irrational hatred of Big the Cat.

...however, with my luck, it won't be long before Mike Z adds this as a Big Band palette:

King_Boom_Boo.png

Reactions: Goodbye18000
Hah.

But really: Looking at everything that has been done into a color palette so far... Big doesn’t fit. All of them have a trench coat or a mantle/cape, and wear a similar hat to Big Band. Some even have a breathing apparatus. Darkwing has a hat, a cape and is a vigilante detective.

The only thing that ties Big the Cat and Big Band is the name "Big". And that’s a little too silly for making the cat into a color. Of course they could have made Big Bands mask yellow to fit Darkwings beak better, but overall the duck is just a more fitting part for the color than the cat. And the cat is a stupid ass character, that’s also to be considered.

And everyone loved Darkwing back then as a child, don’t you guys? Needless to say it’s still a good show, better than most of the things that airs now for kids. But that’s maybe just my nostalgia.

I'd have to agree I was expecting Darkwing Duck, but the mask not being yellow threw me off.

Hey @mcpeanuts did you know you can do this confirm with horncrush xx lenny as well as car (ignore the combo its the only way I could get lenny to blow up and its annoying and character specific, the confirm is what matters)
While argus is probably more optimal and puts you at a positional advantage anyway this could be neat if you wanted to go for resets or something

Reactions: Mr. X
Ah come on, you know its supposed to be the terror that flaps in the night, not that stupid Sonic character.

Let's get dangerous!
If it was Darkwing Duck, the mouthpiece would be yellow/orange, there would be no white on the coat, and his turtleneck would be blue. Not to mention white legs and orange feet.

The only thing that ties Big the Cat and Big Band is the name "Big". And that’s a little too silly for making the cat into a color. Of course they could have made Big Bands mask yellow to fit Darkwings beak better, but overall the duck is just a more fitting part for the color than the cat. And the cat is a stupid ass character, that’s also to be considered.
I dunno, I see more similarities tying it to Big the Cat. The big one for me is the shoes. They both are purple with the yellow-line pattern.

I'd rather it be the Duck, but I see too many similarities.

I think Big Band's default palette looks like a Q palette already. Now I think it would be cool if BB had one of Q's palettes like that red one.

3s05.gif

EDIT: I'm loving Big Band's palettes so far especially that pink one.

Last edited:
Hah.

But really: Looking at everything that has been done into a color palette so far... Big doesn’t fit. All of them have a trench coat or a mantle/cape, and wear a similar hat to Big Band. Some even have a breathing apparatus. Darkwing has a hat, a cape and is a vigilante detective.
The Gato palette kinda blows a hole in that theory.

That said, I think it's intended to be DW, but it sure came out looking like Big the Cat.

oh no, it's Fluttershy/Umbrella all over again!

WHAT HELL HATH I WROUGHT?!?

edit: come to think of it, I think I was part of the Fluttershy/Umbrella thing considering I made that video that labeled it as Fluttershy JUST GOIN' OFF MIKE and then everyone yelled at me

Last edited:
Reactions: juju_for_president
Hey @mcpeanuts did you know you can do this confirm with horncrush xx lenny as well as car (ignore the combo its the only way I could get lenny to blow up and its annoying and character specific, the confirm is what matters)
While argus is probably more optimal and puts you at a positional advantage anyway this could be neat if you wanted to go for resets or something
That's sick! Actually, ending combos with Super Sonic Jazz DHC to Argus is really iffy because the Argus tends to not hit fully unless you DHC before the 4th hit of SSJ, which obviously costs you some damage. I wonder if I can use this to get a more damaging 2 bar combo than what I'm doing... obviously I'd have to leave some stun left over for Peacock but it might end up being worthwhile.

What part of that Peacock combo is character specific? Is it that s.HK xx H gun doesn't work on heavies without using your OTG? Because you might be able to do a string into M gun instead.

Reactions: Kat
What part of that Peacock combo is character specific? Is it that s.HK xx H gun doesn't work on heavies without using your OTG? Because you might be able to do a string into M gun instead.
yea it is the last bit thats annoying who knows there may be another way to knock them into lenny

yea it is the last bit thats annoying who knows there may be another way to knock them into lenny
I actually was able to get it to work on Parasoul without using the OTG but it's haaaaaaaaaaaaard.

Anyways I did try to see if I could get more damage for 2 bars and I pretty much can't, but still it's something I could do off raw SSJ and that's pretty cool.

I don't know how anyone thought that was anything other than Gato considering that Mike even referenced the Gato song in the patch notes.

I like the big the cat color ^^

I know what you mean, Big the Cat really violates the Skullgirls tradition of only having character-appropriate, carefully themed palettes for its characters.

Like Mango Sentinelwheel, a Gaia Online character for Parasoul, and Xbox Ms. Fortune.

(I think it's cool :P )

I know what you mean, Big the Cat really violates the Skullgirls tradition of only having character-appropriate, carefully themed palettes for its characters.

Even so though
Big the Cat, Big Band.
and yes I know what you said was a joke but still someone will use that as a defense

Plus it's Pimp Purple. How can you hate that?

Were the Indiegogo palettes ONLY for the original cast + Squigly? Or is there a chance they might give us fan-submitted palettes for Big Band and other characters?

I think, if I recall correctly, there was at least one Beowulf one that was requested (might have been two), one for either Big Band or Eliza (can't remember who) and a Red-Alt for Marie, for some reason.

I like the big the cat color ^^

I like the color too, but I hate that it’s based on such a lousy character ;D

Oh come on, hating Big the Cat is like hating Navi or Slippy Toad. It's too easy.

I mean, he was voiced by Duke Nukem, and now he's voiced by Ryu.

boy big band's level 5 looks awesome

What exactly was his level 5 again?

his trumpet solo but now it goes into SSJ but deals a lot more damage

Oh so that's what that was, sweet ^^

his trumpet solo but now it goes into SSJ but deals a lot more damage
i kinda wonder, since its so cool now, that mike should change the notes of the level 5 from close encounters to something else

maybe it'll be better to play the notes to "Echoes" (Track 1 on the OST) from the game's logo screen? then it'll be more skullgirls related. :PUN:

Were the Indiegogo palettes ONLY for the original cast + Squigly? Or is there a chance they might give us fan-submitted palettes for Big Band and other characters?
I think that future characters are on the list because I've heard about someone asking a palette for... Marie.

edit: didn't see the post from Goodbye18000, thanks for the infos.

Reactions: Goodbye18000
So Big Band has a Big the Cat and Gato palettes. "Gato" is both the Portuguese and the Spanish word for "cat".
Can we assume Mr Birdland to be a fan of felines?
:PUN:

Side note, Gato's seiyuu, Tachiki Fumihiko, is pretty famous for his manly, gravely voice. He could make a really cool Sax Deka if Sukarugaarusu ever becomes a thing. Just throwing that out.

Reactions: Lavama