• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

One Piece

Can anyone else confirm this
upload_2015-5-14_21-12-8.png

Oh man, it's Luffy's cousin, Doofy, the uh, puffy-from-bee-stings village idiot.

fantastic animation
You know this is a lie.

Aye, I can't deny it is often more bad than good, but they do have their moments maybe once every few months. Some scenes done by the A Team, and not the usual jog-cycles (there's a lot of running in OP) left for the B and C Teams. For instance, here's an example on a blog that collects sakuga (high-quality moments in anime): Sanji vs. Vergo (Punk Hazard spoilers)

The anime is decent. I watch it every week. (sometimes with plenty of fastforwarding). As for the dub, I don't know much of the English one, but Japanese voice actor for Franky is a better fit.

Mark Diraison will always be the best voice for Zoro over every voice he has now.

Mark Diraison will always be the best voice for Zoro over every voice he has now.
But... Chris Sabat

Funimation dub of One Piece is the greatest shonen dub of all time.

come at me

Ok so here's my plan.
I'll go back to the manga and reread everything from the Shabody Archipelago onwards, and you guys tell me anime highlights and I'll watch those?

Well the anime adaption of Sabaody is fucking fantastic, sooo...

But... Chris Sabat
he's alright at voicing a character that shouldn't sound like a 40 year old man, which shouldn't be Zoro.
I'm sorry, but I feel the character should sound like Guts from Berserk.

he's alright at voicing a character that shouldn't sound like a 40 year old man, which shouldn't be Zoro.
I'm sorry, but I feel the character should sound like Guts from Berserk.
Diraison was situationally the best Zoro (or Zolo in his case, heh), but it was only really when he wasn't being tied down by the script and just got to scream and shit
Sabat is more consistent overall, with talking and screaming
plus he has stuff in his mouth when Zoro has stuff in his mouth
that's dedication

well first off, Diraison had good performances overall, I mean just imagine if he had a GOOD script. like Berserk.
and I blame the food in mouth thing on 4Kids' voice direction.
they probably told him not to talk like he had food in his mouth on purpose.
hell, just look at what they did with David Moo and you'd think they were high at the time of all the recordings.

Last edited:
oh no I mean
Zoro sounds like he has a sword in his mouth when he has a sword in his mouth in the Funimation dub
it's a funny little detail that actually adds a little silliness to his fights, which is almost an Oda-esque move.

as long as we can agree that Ian Sinclair is best Brook, and that Patrick Seitz is best Franky

then we can be at peace

Reactions: BeatNinja
as long as we can agree that Ian Sinclair is best Brook
I think that both Japanese and English Brook have their own individual appeals
Cho's Brook is soft and kindly, like the grandpa you wish you had. He's got a very nice melody to his voice that suits the character.
Ian Sinclair's Brook is a degree more lively and eccentric than Cho's, which makes him sound a bit younger, closer sounding to the age he was when he died. The energy really breathes some new life into Brook. Or it would, if he had any lungs! Yohohohohoho!

The Marineford episodes are still the best animated ones, more specifically the episode when Luffy threw the post at the 3 admirals.

Also the only voice actor/actress i care for is Perona's (because i don't watch the dubbed version), i need to know who will voice her and then i will watch the dubbed version of Thriller Bark.

She's voiced by a relative newcomer named Felecia Angelle, iirc
English Perona isn't as
shrill as japanese Perona
she sounds closer to an actual teenager, I would say

As much as i love Perona (my favorite character even above Luffy) her japanese voice sometimes gets on my nerves, when she goes at a pitch that could break windows.

Funimation dub is forever flawless and I cannot wait for them to reveal the cast for Sabaody to Marine Ford.

I'm waiting for it
the Johnny Yong Bosch reveal
I can feel it in my bones

Gotta love how from 10 minutes we went down to 3 in a single chapter.

We almost out of Namek.

Why don't they all just go into the seastone building though

i doubt a whole country fits in there.

because they'd weigh it down so that they couldn't push it

So if Bart's barriers can't be broken by the Bird Cage, why dosn't he make a safe house or something I dunno.

"The God is angered!" - Usopp

Also Perona in the cover <3

So if Bart's barriers can't be broken by the Bird Cage, why dosn't he make a safe house or something I dunno.
Probably a limit to the size and duration he can keep his barriers up against external pressure.

You know what would've been funny
Like really funny
If Manshelly had the inability to cry for others. Like she couldn't connect to anyone emotionally on a mental level.
But she has the devil fruit power where tears heal people, so she just brings onions everywhere she goes. Onions, all the time.
(Also I'd think it fit more with Leo's opinion that she's selfish and rude rather than her just flirting with him)

...So what's up with Oda's bizarre obsession with princess royalty characters and crying in recent years?

I mean we got Shirahoshi, who crys at a drop of a hat. (Which, to her credit, was done pretty humorously)

We got Rebecca, who's basically been bursting into crying fits every two minutes now.

Viola, who cried out tear whales. (Actually I'm still a little confused at how that relates to her power of seeing things?)

And Mansherry, who's actual devil fruit is healing people from her tears.

tear whales is a pun (the corner of the eye is called mekujira in japan) (TL Note: Me means eye, kujira means whale, thus creating the pun) (Additional Note: Katana means japanese sword)
it's one piece, always research something you don't get. it's a pun

Thanks for the explanation on the tear whales pun part. Guess it's like if we said... tear ducks or something.

But I was mostly referring to the Devil Fruit abilities part. I know it's a pun and all, but I'm not exactly grasping the part where: "ability to see through many things using mine and any thing's eyes in a 4000 km radius = shooting fully grown tear whales out of eyeballs"

Just assume it's part of the One Piece mantra
i.e. "Is it weird and silly? yes? then put that shit in there"

upload_2015-6-5_23-19-7.png

upload_2015-6-5_23-19-15.png

Anyway, so has Rebecca died of dehydration from crying yet or

Reactions: TechPowah
No, she's got plenty of watah in those big ol badonkers of hers.