• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

One Piece

if Rebecca was the one with healing tears then no one would be hurt ever

Agreed, it really does feel like she was added to the plot just for the sake of fanservice.

I think the reason why Rebecca seems like such a massive flop is due to her buildup.
Like, the coliseum's undefeated champion! So good not a scar has graced her body! So skilled she doesn't even need muscle mass! She's gonna protect Soldier-san no matter what! No one's gonna fight for her! She may take abuse from the citizens and warriors alike, but she'll show them!

Rebecca's buildup was MASSIVE. She had so much going for her that it's almost mind-blowing how none of this carried over the other half of the chapter. She became a punching bag emotionally and physically. She cried and screamed for her daddy to come and save her from a fight she was running away from. She didn't land one good blow on a single opponent. All her skill as a warrior diminished the second she was put in a fight scene. She's done, from a story perspective, literally nothing.
And she's 16. Like, holy shit are you serious with that.

I agree. Rebecca had the makings to be another Vivi, but ultimately Oda kinda flopped super hard on her.

Personally, I think Dressrosa should have been split into two arcs, personally. The first being the colosseum and the usurping of Doflamingo, and the second being Doflamingo's escape and the Straw Hats taking him down elsewhere (like Zou or some shit)

First arc would focus on the mystery of dressrosa's toy people, the backstory of Kyros and Rebecca, taking down Sugar, and ending in a climactic battle against Diamante with Luffy, Kyros, and Rebecca while Doflamingo realizes that his best agent just got punched in the pooper, so he fucks off to a different place to gather all his agents for a final offensive against the straw hat-heart alliance. Demonstrate Rebecca's abilities in the battle against Diamante properly. His power is making things in to flowing cloth, which you'd think would have matched well with Rebecca's ability to dodge shit fluidly like water. etc etc etc

the second arc would be all-out, balls to the walls, doflamingo throwing all his shit at the straw hats, Fujitora shows up now in response to the revolution in Dressrosa, but he's all "lmao idc about that shit, man. I just want Doflamingo dragged lmao"
Birdcage appears here so that back-up can't come in and provides a cage match for a bitchin' bare knuckle boxing final showdown

but that's just me

"Japan in shock! First real Devil Fruit created using the most unholy of practices! Sponsored by Tropicana."

Oda just threw a huge party for himself so maybe he's gonna just quit manga-ing and go around the world throwing sweet parties for everyone

One Piece won a Guinness World Record for "The most copies published for the same comic book series by a single author" with a total of 320,866,000 copies printed and circulated from December 1997 to December 2014.

Eiichiro Oda made this drawing to commemorate:

RIcbsPH.jpg

God, Eiichiro is such a majestic beast, i'm so proud to be part of the One Piece fandom right now, it's been over 5 years since i started watching the anime and reading the manga, 5 years well spent, more to come!

Congrats to Oda! This must have been the big announcement they were talking about.
I guess this is why he threw that party last week. He must feel amazed at all this, I'm sure.

Luffy just broke Dressrosa in half.

Welp.

And somewhere, Kamina is feeling proud.

How about that noice spread though
tumblr_nq5ensvVF81u654h0o1_1280.jpg
Just look at Nami
representing the country of Texas

Man....the last panel from the newest chapter left me speechless...

There is something amazing and epic in the fact that an entire country of people are all crying of hapiness and relieve while standing in the ruins of said country, it's like it doesn't matter that everything is destroyed as a new, free and happy kingdom can raise from the ashes of what used to be Doflamingo's dark empire.

The overwhelming hapiness can be felt in this chapter, holy shit Oda, how do you manage to be so glorious......?

WE MADE IT
WE MADE IT

Kyros finally breaking really got to me, dude could use a good cry

The chapter was nice, and almost came close to the gross total amount of tears Rebecca cried, so that's good.

Maybe Doflamingo is a kid now
maybe he's a squid now

Dressrosa saga was super disappointing for me

The buildup was good, Coliseum chapters were nice, everything else.. wasn't
Doflamingo aka Top3 of "biggest baddest guys" in Pre-Timeskip just gets wasted "instantly" in a 1v1 with Luffy
Luffy is magically 10 times stronger than Law, all the vs Doflamingo/Family fights were silly/boring (Happo Navi guy beating up Lao G was fun I guess), blablabla

Feels to me like Oda wants to be done and is super pushing the story forward without any regards to the previous pace

Reactions: Dr.Sanity
I don't remember where i read it, but i did read about One Piece being about 60% done, apparently there is still enough plot to cover another 10 years (i think it was an interview with one of the editors that works for Oda), even knowing this information is ambiguous i did calculations myself, it's 52 weeks for year so without counting pauses there still is 520 chapters left, and then with that number in mind it made me wonder:

"Are they really gonna stay in Dressrosa for so damn many chapters?, they need to move onto the next islands and make the plot progress past the whole Doflamingo problem"

I agree the fight was dissapointing and too short, but Dressrosa had to end already, it was starting to get tiresome and even felt like the whole Namek saga from Dragon Ball all over again with the constant countdowns, to me the worst part about the Dressrosa arc were those chapters about Luffy and Law running to the top of the hill to fight Doflamingo and Trebol, took way longer than it should and also the dissapoint that Rebecca was, so much potential gone to waste.

Yet i feel they need to move onto other islands and bigger targets as it's not just that i want the plot to progress but i also can't forget what Luffy said in Punk Hazard about defeating the 4 Sea Emperors, and then there are Chinjao's words about Luffy needing to be the strongest of pirates before claiming the One Piece, a tought hit me like lightning:

"What's the point of being king of pirates and having the One Piece if you can't defend neither the title nor the treasure itself?"

(And i'm 90% sure the One Piece is not an actual treasure that can be consumed like gold or jewels)

So i do believe Luffy does indeed need to be the strongest of pirates to properly claim the title, and not just Luffy, the entire crew needs to grow into the strongest one in the seas.

I guess what's left for Dressrosa is the typical celebration that happens at the end of almost every arc and then the good byes, finally to set the next location, i do believe some of the folks in Dressrosa are gonna follow Luffy to his next location.

What i'm hyped the most for is:

News about the Sunny team current status (either captured or still fighting), Luffy's choice for next location (to Zou? to the Wano country? to help the Sunny or to go to the Rebollutionary Army's base with Sabo and the rest to meed Dragon?) and finally...

THE NEW BOUNTIES AND THE WORLD'S REACTION TO THEM.

(I want to see Vivi and Kaya again)

Reverie's gonna be pretty hype
It'd be funny to see if the dressrosa royal family stayed in the picture and interacted with Vivi during that time

I thought that the Dressrosa arc was one of the best in the series and that the fights were generally pretty awesome. My only real complaint is that Rebecca really could have been written a lot better.

I hope Kin'emon exaggerated that all the women in Wano Country were expected to be modest and soft spoken. Cause if they all were that might be pretty boring, and after Dressrosa would probably cause another stir up amongst the people reading.

It'd be cool if that was just a build up to a joke, like they're all loud and rude or something and the expectations are just a desperate attempt to get them to be quiet.

Kin'emon probably has some rose-colored glasses in regards to his homeland.
As anyone with history chops could tell you, the women in the samurai age could be just as passionate, intelligent, wise, shrewd, manipulative, and ready to fucking fight you like anyone else in the era.

My really big hopes for Wano are that Zoro gets his shit wrecked by someone and that we see badass samurai woman that fights with a naginata.

Wano...? Zou...? Oh, I almost forgot there was this vast world outside of the beautiful country of Dressrosa.

We're probably heading to Zou next because isn't that where Sanji and company are headed to right now? We need some Bepo action.

I wanna see bepo just eat someone dead
he is a bear, after all

tumblr_nqoi84pjal1rz31j5o1_1280.jpg
oda made some fan art
it's pretty great

goddammit
i s2g some fans are too good at mimicking artstyles

double post but eh

the voice actors for the supernovas/other Sabaody people happened

• Trafalgar Law – Matthew Mercer
  • Jewelry Bonney – Laura Wetsel
  • Capone Bege – Kyle Hebert
  • Basil Hawkins – T. Axelrod
  • Eustass Kid – Justin Cook
  • Scratchmen Apoo – Brad Venable
  • Urouge – Major Attaway
  • Drake – D.C. Douglas
  • Killer – Leo Fabian
  • Camie – Megan Shipman
  • Pappug – Chis Cason
  • Shakky – Elizabeth Maxwell
  • Duval – David Vincent
  • Rayleigh – Bruce Carey

• Trafalgar Law – Matthew Mercer

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

But it ain't

the only logical choice

Steven Jay fucking BLUM