• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Painwheel MDE Combo Thread (Page 3 Onwards)

Beowulf Light The Hurting (QCF.LP) is a good assist for combos (And resets!). Great conversion from set plays, sets up Stage 3/4 Multibuer on most characters in the corner.

Pinion Starter Beta Combo ft. The Hurting - 9756 Damage

cr.LK(Hold),cr.MK(Hold),cr.HP (+Call Assist) xx Lvl 1 Pinion >
Air.LK.Buer xx Fly >
Air.LK.Buer >
LK.Buer xx Fly >
3j.LP >
s.HK >
j.MP(4) xx Air.LK.Buer xx Fly >
j.HK Restand >
s.MK(4) xx LK.Buer xx Fly >
6j.LK >
s.LP,s.LK,cr.MP,f.HKx4 xx LK.Buer xx Deathcrawl

Parasoul route only. Huhu.

Also, this chair starter sets up a fun little combo into Level 3 Pinion midscreen for lulz.

cr.LK(Hold),cr.MK(Hold),cr.HP (+Call Assist) xx Lvl 1 Pinion >
Air.HK.Buer xx Buer Thresher (Hold LK,HK) xx Fly >
j.MK >
s.MK xx (Late Cancel) Level 3 Pinion >
Rest of the combo...

Last edited:
To avoid the inconsistency with the corner buer otg on heavies:

c.lk, c.mk, c.hp, H buer, fly,
(2j.lk fastfall)
s.hp, H buer, fly,
9j.mk, j.hp,
f.hkx4, H buer, fly,
9j.hk,
s.mk, L buer, fly,
6j.lk,
s.lp, s.lk, s.mk, s.hp, L buer, deathcrawl

Might not be very good, you can probably get more damage with a launcher but I'm to lazy to experiment right now.

Last edited:
I know, otg c.hp > H buer doesn't work on some people (including double), but I only noticed after I had already recorded the combo and I had to leave, I'll re-record when I get home in like 30 minutes.

edit: done

Last edited:
Still rocking solo Painwheel on the Ex-Xbox, but I've used this mid-screen for a good while now. Some parts of it can be a little tougher to land on heavy characters, plus the Air lp into St mp can also be strict on occasion, otherwise it's my bread n' butter:

St lp, St lk, Cr mk, St hp, L Buer, Air lk, L Buer, Air lp, St mp, Air mp, Air hp, Air H Buer, Buer Thresher (optional), Air Mk, Cr mk, St hp, L Nails, Dash, St lp, St lk, Cr mk, St hp, L Buer, Death Crawl.

(sorry, I'll edit later to post the exact damage with and without Buer Thresher)

Edit: Damage is 7737 without Thresher and 8877 with!

Last edited:
j.hp ch combo i fooled around with today

j.hp > call pillar
cr.hp, hk buer, fly and fall
otg st.hp, lk buer, fly
3j.lp st.mp
j.lk buer, fly, 5j.mp
st.hk
j.hp, lk, buer, fly, 6j.hk
st.lk, cr.mp, st.hp, lk buer, fly
6j.lk
st.lp, st.lk, cr.mp, st.hp, lk buer, crawl.

Does like 9.5, don't remember exactly. Not sure what people are getting out of ch these days but I'm ok with this for now. Little hard to confirm.

I'm going to make this post in as many combo threads as I can. Please record combos with 3-4Bar, so people can see the meter gain for both parties.

Really easy midscreen combo that works on everyone with little tweaks here and there. Wonder how you guys managed to miss that (or I'm just blind).

Last edited:
It's just most of the midscreen combos that I saw here had s.MP. They were harder and dealt about 400 less damage.

It's just most of the midscreen combos that I saw here had s.MP. They were harder and dealt about 400 less damage.

Most combos that i use dont use 1 meter. They either use 2 meters with the st.mp or they end early in a reset. Your combo will be good for when i want to use 2 meters via dhc though.

Good find. But yeah, the painwheel players have been finding lots of combos and routes and changing them up for version after version. It will generally take a new player to come up with something new since all the olds have figured out what they want to figure out.

My take on your combo is that it will be most effective for me when i want to dhc from one meter instead of 2.

A good find any way it goes.

s.mp is good to mix-up because PW is horrifyingly versatile in the air. If you only s.mp when you are going to mix-up, might as well lean over to your opponent and whisper "I'm going to reset you in a moment".

An 8k bnb is definitely nice and worth learning for when you want to kill, but often we are resetting much sooner than that and use combos that best accommodate that.

Should work on everyone.
Edit: it works on Parasoul and all lights except Eliza. Vs Peacock it works only if you swap j.MK and j.MP but even then timings are strict.

Last edited:
Im pretty sure thats one of kracks combos. There may ne an errant normal that is mismatched and stuff ( i think he falls with jhk instead of jmk) or its a someone else in this thread combo... But yeah pretty sure ive seen that before.

Not that im accusing anyone of stealing... That would be ludicrous. But its of course conceivable that more than one person will come up with the same combo.

Im pretty sure thats one of kracks combos. There may ne an errant normal that is mismatched and stuff ( i think he falls with jhk instead of jmk) or its a someone else in this thread combo... But yeah pretty sure ive seen that before.

Not that im accusing anyone of stealing... That would be ludicrous. But its of course conceivable that more than one person will come up with the same combo.

Just assume I've done every route known to mankind. At this point it's not even worth mentioning. lol.

But falling j.MK > f.HKx4 xx Nail is super good nice optimal and I've forgotten if I've ever actually done it in a video.

8.9k corner with pillar.
c.lk, c.mk, c,hp + pillar xx fly, fast fall
c.hp xx hk buer xx fly, fast fall
otg c.hk xx hk buer xx fly
j.mk j.hp, land
st.mp sj
lk.buer xx fly
8j.mp land
lp, lk, c.mp, hp, lk buer, crawl

Nothing too hard besides the second c.hp that hits before they land. You vary the timing depending on the characgter weight, but this works on everyone.

Could this be possible to have the notations please? Is this universal?

I put the notations in the video. It's not universal and I wouldn't bother to use this combo anyways because you can start it only from short range and linking 6j.MK and s.HP is not easy.

Improved Krackatoa's carry combo

+ only one tight link instead of two (LK buer, fly, 3j.LP, LK buer) and it's 1 frame easier;
+ you can't whiff aerial LK buer after j.MP because you don't do it;
+ longer range;
+ little more damage.

- if you'll screw 3j.LP, LK buer you can be punished;
- little less damage vs heavies.

It's like we went back in time before no one knew how to combo.

Piss Easy Corner Carry BnB (Do this when you're around halfway to stage edge)

cr.LK,cr.MK,s.HP xx LK.Buer xx Fly >
6j.LK >
cr.MK xx LK.Buer xx Fly >
3j.LP >
s.MP >
Air.LK.Buer xx Fly >
9j.MP(4) xx Air.LK.Buer >
OTG s.LK,s.MK xx HK.Buer xx Fly >
j.HP(4) >
s.LP,s.LK,s.MK,s.HP xx LK.Buer xx Deathcrawl

8449 damage

Getting back into the game and I've been working on this. Everything is consistent for me with this except the ending HK Buer > Fly > j.HP(4) which seems to whiff on some characters. I assume this combo was confirmed on everyone though... do I just need to fix my timing?

So my bnb in the corner with PW uses the

blah blah C.HP HK Buer, J.MK LK Buer, Land LK Buer than I go from there.

The LK Buer doesn't work/is way too fucking hard to get on BB/Eliza/Beowulf. Its easy on EVERYONE else I have no idea why it keeps whiffing on them.

What stuff do you have in the corner for these 3 in specific?

In corner I do, cr.lk cr.mk s.hp lk buer fly 6 j.lp lk buer fly 3 j.lp s.mp fly 9 air lk buer fly 9 j.mp land s.mk (all hits) hk buer fly 9 j.mk j.hp land s.lp cr.lk s.mk s.hp lk buer. on lights you can add another air lk buer after the j.mp and still otg with the s.mk. On heavies if you want that second air buer you need to use s.lp s.mk to otg and then start the last chain with cr.lk.

So I'm still a beginner but after a few (roughly 4) months of playing Painwheel I came up with this combo while in training mode.
It only does 7.1k but I'm really happy with it and want to see if there's anything I can do to improve upon it! It works on all characters regardless of weight and should carry from midscreen to corner.
It goes

SLP, CMK, SHP xx Fly >
3 JLK >
CMK, SHP xx L. Buer xx Fly >
6 JLP, JLK >
CMP, 6SHK/ ratchet poppy thingy, H. Buer xx Fly >
6 JMP, CLK, SMK, H. Buer into Air Super

Looking at the ips buttons when it's finished I could probably extend another H. buer string after the first one with an CLP but undizzy comes into effect.
Also you can do this midscreen and instead of CMP you can launch SMP into basic air stuff but it also triggers undizzy.
This is my first combo, I'd love some thoughts!

Since Undizzy won't burst until you make a new string, you can actually make that cl.LK,s.MK a s.LP,s.LK,s.MK,s.HP (or s.LP,s.LK,cr.MP,f.HK) into LK.Buer on a lot of characters. If you really want to end in thresher, you can just fly out of LK.Buer and do it immediately.

I need help with a combo:

I'm loathe to use the cr.lk,cr.mk,cr.hp starter. So I won't use it. Having said that, I've been wanting to pump up my cornere damage for 1 meter a bit.

Here's what I've got as far as universality Is concerned:

Cr.lk,cr.mk,stHp xx fly, 3jlk,cr.mk,cr.hp xx hk buer, xx fly 9j.mk xx lk buer, otg st.lk,st.mk xx hk buer xx fly 9jlp,j.mk,st.lp,st.lk,st.mk,st.hp xx lk buer xx death crawl. (8150) is there a better way to optimize damage without assists or counterhits, in the corner after the 6 hit starter?

3j.lk is +21, you can link s.hp very easily after that

But does that give me a better route that does more damage? I lose the ability to use cr.hp launcher there and have to use my jlp now for a 2 hit light attack chain rather an air buer style chain.

is there a better way to optimize damage without assists or counterhits, in the corner after the 6 hit starter?

Why not just do carry combo for 8400 damage? And why do you need 6 hit starter? It's not optimal.

Why not just do carry combo for 8400 damage? And why do you need 6 hit starter? It's not optimal.

Because reasons?

Specifically because I like focusing on frametraps and neutral rather than combo spacing and character combo specifics.

I've made it 3 years without doing corner combos at all and still think they are rather overrated. But still, my current best non counterhit, non assist, non corner specific, universal combo does 8.8k for 2 meters and I'm just trying to pump up my one meter damage via that starter.

Doing the cr.hp starter is much more unsafe on block and has a much bigger gap than st.hp, are a couple of the other reasons why I don't like the cr.hp combo.

Because reasons?

Specifically because I like focusing on frametraps and neutral rather than combo spacing and character combo specifics.

I've made it 3 years without doing corner combos at all and still think they are rather overrated. But still, my current best non counterhit, non assist, non corner specific, universal combo does 8.8k for 2 meters and I'm just trying to pump up my one meter damage via that starter.

Doing the cr.hp starter is much more unsafe on block and has a much bigger gap than st.hp, are a couple of the other reasons why I don't like the cr.hp combo.

Yeah, I think they are overrated too... and there seems to be an online trend where PWs go for full corner carry combos into full corner combos with zero resets which is sad because our reset game is fucking good.

c.hp shouldn't be anymore unsafe than s.hp. Fly cancel that shit!

Yeah, I think they are overrated too... and there seems to be an online trend where PWs go for full corner carry combos into full corner combos with zero resets which is sad because our reset game is fucking good.

c.hp shouldn't be anymore unsafe than s.hp. Fly cancel that shit!

It's much more unsafe:

The time from cr.mk till the cr.hp connects is 23 frames.... If you are fly cancelling it, then you are assuming it to make contact as a confirm, so basically you are waiting 23 frames to fly cancel.

Now look at st.hp. The gap between cr.mk and st.hp is 17 frames. Now your anticipated "fly cancel point" is 6 frames earlier than the anticipated st.hp cancel... So st.hp is in essence 6 frames faster and that means less pressure from opponents that like to pushblock the cr.mk and and then go into immediate pressure on your flight cancel.

Back