• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Painwheel MDE Combo Thread (Page 3 Onwards)

May I criticize your combo?
it hasnt been thoroughly tested so i dont see why not.

it hasnt been thoroughly tested so i dont see why not.

Okay
8200 damage in corner? You call this "worth posting"? It's not optimised as fuck. And because of otg LK buer it's hard to do in online.
Things to optimise on first glance:
-3j.HP instead of j.HK
-final chain (it should be s.LP, s.LK, s.MK, s.HP, LK buer (if you used otg))

Even with these changes it's 8400 damage in the corner which is less damage than in the carry combo.

This how corner combo should look like.

You asked for this.

Whether he asked for it or not you should still be a bit more polite in your critique.

A simple "there are much better ways to optimize this combo" would suffice.

Him giving you permission to critique him doesn't mean that he asked to be insulted.

There is a difference between the 2.

Harsh criticism should always be expected. Thicken your skin or don't ask for it.

Harsh criticism should always be expected. Thicken your shin.
You mean constructive criticism should be expected. It does not have to be harsh. The fact that you even wrote "you asked for this" shows even you know it was mean and wanted justification for it. Most people starting off the game making their own combos won't do a great job. That's expected. They come here because they seek help. We should welcoming when they do.

or you could just.... not be a jerk?

Nah, I'm ok with being a jerk sometimes.

Well, if we've reached today's jerk quotient:

Beo's H.Hurl when called in tandem with LK.Buer in the corner sets up a 2369 Air.LK.Buer xx Fly > 2369 Air.LK.Buer > Falling j.MK Restand > LK.Buer (Or sans falling j.MK > OTG LK.Buer)

This means you can use your standard s.HP confirm in the corner (Don't have to commit to cr.HP to get top-notch fun combo times anymore)

Well, if we've reached today's jerk quotient:

Beo's H.Hurl when called in tandem with LK.Buer in the corner sets up a 2369 Air.LK.Buer xx Fly > 2369 Air.LK.Buer > Falling j.MK Restand > LK.Buer (Or sans falling j.MK > OTG LK.Buer)

This means you can use your standard s.HP confirm in the corner (Don't have to commit to cr.HP to get top-notch fun combo times anymore)

HOLY FUCK! That's great news. That is like the best news I've heard in sg all fucking year. Hmmm... Corner combos for dime are a go

Mahwhahwhahawhahahahwhahahahaahahaha "no one can stop me now" bison laugh!

It's very tight on Parasoul. You'll have to find another route for heavies.

Oh look. I found one.

Last edited:
Reactions: dormoxx
I've actually noticed recently that you can just use cr.hp instead of s.hp for combos, even mid screen. Just buer (or whatever your combo includes) before they hit the ground to save your otg.

Also: do we have a solo painwheel corner combo for heavies?

I've actually noticed recently that you can just use cr.hp instead of s.hp for combos, even mid screen. Just buer (or whatever your combo includes) before they hit the ground to save your otg.
Character specific.

Also: do we have a solo painwheel corner combo for heavies?

cr.LK,cr.MK,cr.HP xx HK.Buer xx Fly >
Air.LK.Buer > 20
OTG s.LK xx LK.Buer xx Fly > 55
3j.LP > 70
s.HK > 100
j.MP(4) xx Air.LK.Buer xx Fly > 140
j.MK > 160
s.MK xx HK.Buer xx Fly > 200
9j.HK > 230
s.LP,s.LK,s.MK,s.HP xx LK.Buer xx Deathcrawl

I think this works?

It works. Even noticed a burst bait thing while dropping it.... multiple times. After j.MP, buer, fly, you can do 2j.MP for a burst bait and land and block.

Also, who does cr.hp not with on?

You can always go higher. 8D

BRB.

EDIT 1: 8581 going up.

EDIT 2: And up... 8883 Damage, 1 Bar.

I'm pretty sure if you did [c.lk c.mk c.hp] instead of [c.lk s.mk c.hp] right at the start it would do atleast 10 more damage.

Now for the actual question: what's the most damage one can get out of hatred install dhc? I remember when double car into hatred install dhc was all the rage, but I can't seem to find the combo that people would do out of said dhc.

I'm pretty sure if you did [c.lk c.mk c.hp] instead of [c.lk s.mk c.hp] right at the start it would do atleast 10 more damage.

Now for the actual question: what's the most damage one can get out of hatred install dhc? I remember when double car into hatred install dhc was all the rage, but I can't seem to find the combo that people would do out of said dhc.

For the most part people just do [normal, j.HK buer] x infinity.

For the most part people just do [normal, j.HK buer] x infinity.
Is there any specific order that I should do normals in to make the most out of scaling?

Is there any specific order that I should do normals in to make the most out of scaling?
The last time I've seen a Install combo it went something like:

ground string, LK buer, fly
9j.LP, j.HK buer, jump
j.MK, j.HK buer, jump
j.LK, J.MK, j.HK buer, fly
j.HP(3), j.HK buer, jump
j.MP(4), j.HP(3), j.HK buer, jump
j.HK, J.HK buer,
ground string, super.

If painwheel is at full health you'll have to cut out some of it since the install won't last as long. Stopping after J.MP(4), J.HP(3) and going into a ground string i what I do max health. The combo is universal but timings and directions (such as 8j.MP vs 9j.MP) differ with weight. If the opponent is in the air after the DHC (which they usually are) you can choose to skip the ground string and do J.HK buer at the start.

The whole point of the combo is just to use buer as many times as install allows you and then end it.

Don't remember if I posted this here

you posted something very similar. It's great for corner reversals. The one I posted was for midscreen.

Also, while I'm here, I just remember the last two parts of my string (j.MP(4), j.HP(3), j.HK buer, jump
j.HK, J.HK buer,) was something I used to use for counter hit combo. For DHC you're gonna want to stop somewhere before that.

Edit: We REALLY need to make a big collection of our combos so that we can keep track of all of these.

I worked with the requested starter. It's likely because s.MK means you don't have to commit to the c.HP on block, which can get PBGC'd in some situations.

I worked with the requested starter. It's likely because s.MK means you don't have to commit to the c.HP on block, which can get PBGC'd in some situations.
Yeah s.mk is more applicable in actual match for sure because of more time to react to hit/block and also that c.mk whiffs at close ranges, but I assumed you guys were just going for max damage.

i was trying find a way to fit horus into a comb and came up with it on the fly. havent messed around with it too much but aside from the obvious optimization changes is there any way i could increase the damage midscreen?

What do you guys use to record stuff?

What do you guys use to record stuff?
i use bandicam. its pretty easy to find and theres a free version. although the actual recording can really affect frame rate if youre not playing on 2d stages.

also thanks Krakatoa for working your wizarding powers.

If you have an Nvidia GPU that supports it, Shadowplay is pretty damn slick.

All this software talk is confusing my poor brain. I might try shadow first since I have a Nvidia graphics card. Otherwise I'll just try out the other ones

I'd appreciate help with something
On lights: launcher, j.mp , j.hp, flight , 9j.mk , j.hp , j.hk

The first j.hp tends to drive lighter characters *Squigly,Filia* away from me (sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't), making it harder for me to hit them when they land on the ground,getting away from my punches range and sometimes buer range, ¿Which combos that include aerial would you recommend that make this easier?

Thanks in advance

Cancel the second j.hp into j.hk earlier. The third hit is the latest.

Reactions: Minimo
I do that, my issue is with the 1st j.hp , it throws them slightly upwards
Obviously just flying a bit longer sometimes does it, but most times I fail to time it/get it correctly
Thanks for the help anyways

after the launcher are you jumping forward or just neutral jumping?

edit: a recording would be great if you are able to

yR6mbx9

It may seem really silly but if I j.mk early to reach it then s.lp is too far from her and flying further makes it harder for me to land the 19-hit

I know there isn't a real issue other than I suck so
If there's an easier way other than just doing ground combos it'd be great, thanks again for replying

Also i'm not able to record atm that's why I screenshoted

Just tried it out. Try a micro dash when you hit the ground. Try to get the j.mk as late as you can as well

I've seen one or two before, usually where people charge something like cHP and eat the bomb explosion to do massive damage.

edit:

Reactions: Midiman
@Chuck N. Plazma

In your combo you return hatred guard damage with st.lp... That only returns 33% damage. If you use a medium it returns 50% and if you use a heavy it returns 66% if you use level 3 it returns 120% on the last hit and 190% on the last hit if the level 3 was installed.

So yeah, look into those ways to pump up your damage :)

Reactions: Chuck N. Plazma