• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Painwheel MDE Combo Thread (Page 3 Onwards)

I've seen one or two before, usually where people charge something like cHP and eat the bomb explosion to do massive damage.

edit:

This is the kind of thing I hope the meta evolves into

A simple setup like this probably makes this invaluable

Sooooo is the absorbed damage reflected in the next ground normal?
The absorbed damage is in ghe next normal that has armor properties . In your combo that was the st.lp. If you omit the st.lp and do st.lk,cr.mk,st.hp then the next armor normal is the st.hp. It wont be the cr.mk since cr.mk has no armor properties, unlike st.mk, which does have armor properties.

This is the kind of thing I hope the meta evolves into

A simple setup like this probably makes this invaluable

Why?

It's about the same damage as normal for 2 meters, right? Plus you lose the corner. It looks hype, but is it actually useful?

Am I missing something?

Why?

It's about the same damage as normal for 2 meters, right? Plus you lose the corner. It looks hype, but is it actually useful?

Am I missing something?

I think he meant the second part, wherein 3 meters was spent ( hatred (2) > lenny (1) ) in the corner and Val died from 1 (kinda invisible) reset and PW kept the corner + undizzy.

Why?

Am I missing something?

Watch the second part... But i got ninjad. Oh, but its 2 meters, not 3.

Reactions: gllt
Watch the second part... But i got ninjad. Oh, but its 2 meters, not 3.

Oh wait, pea > pw, not pw > pea, I DUM, its 2 meters.

But a setup like that is too simple to hit anyone paying attention to her charging before the bomb goes off for "invisibility"

But a setup like that is too simple to hit anyone paying attention to her charging before the bomb goes off for "invisibility"

you can also charge cr.hk instead then go into overhead while the bomb is going off invisibly. Or you can charge jhp to absorb the damage then run mixups off of that that are invisible. And even if they do block it, absorbed damage is stored till it hits and doesnt get used on block.

Problem with the setup is that peacock>painwheel isnt a particularly great shell. But something like peacock/pw/BB might work REALLY well.

I might even make that a secondary team tbh.

Ahhh yeah, some how I missed that entire second combo.

I'm still utterly underwhelmed by any Pea/PW team, but the swag combos do look fun.

I'm still utterly underwhelmed by any Pea/PW team

Peacock works amazingly well with L extend (watch mcpeanuts) and with pw you can get good stuff with peacocks st.hp plus assist xx m item hold or xx HK bomb.

Really you'd want to just rely on BE but having a projectile assist to cover ground holes still works very well in peacocks favor.

I don't actually play either of these characters so IDK if these are optimal starters or even any useful but using SBO Squigly can tag to Painwheel off almost any hit I can think of (unless this character gets other hits in strange places), and where she can't, she can always use Silver Chord to do so, but that's probably already well known.

People who actually play these characters can probably actually make something nice of this IDK.

HEY GUYS I REMEMBER THE OTHER REASON WHY I ASKED AND GOT THE CRHK PULL IN THING FOR BECAUSE IT WAS A THEORY BEFORE THAT CHANGE EXISTED AND

....I never tested it out till now because I completely forgot about it. So uh... here

MIDSCREEN KIIIIIIILLLLLS
Oh and two more corner double snaps 'cuz why not

Charged crHK
Charged sHP

Anyone got any charged 2HP or 2HK (non-ch) combos? I tend to get these a lot and never do anything from them because I dunno where to find the damage.

@Stuff I don't exactly have optimal combos, but I know you can do wacky starters like c[HP] 2Fly jMK (Whiff) c[HP] or c[HK] (both will use the otg.. im pretty sure..) > buer > things (3Fly jLP sHP LBuer 6Fly jLK cMK sHP LNail etc idk)

Anyone got any charged 2HP or 2HK (non-ch) combos?

Advanced combos do +250 damage but they don't work vs shake

Reactions: dormoxx
I just always assume if they got hit with a charged sHP it was counter-hit and they cant shake as a result (that is a thing, ya?). ALSO HEY YOU DID THE THING sHP into fly whiff/cancel crHP . This is one on those things I sit on but will never do in a match because I don't have the kind of reaction to confirm off of it cause you pretty much gotta commit to the idea of it pre-hit to link it. Or I'm just slow D: . Probably the latter.

You can do 600 damage more than that but still pretty cool conception.

You can do 600 damage more than that but still pretty cool conception.

Oh? Okay, I'll check that out, and thanks! Yeah, uh, I have very little idea how to optimize Painwheel.
Or, I sorta do, but not in specific, because I never could do her combos before and so I didn't pay attention when I watched anything she did.
I literally just kept the only rule I know in mind: "needs more buer"

But, I dunno how 2 more buer, or when to use highly scaled moves, or when to not. (Yet?)

So, if I'm only 600~ off.. hurray!

These combos moisten my brow.

Edit: I can only milk an extra 11 damage out of this with a corner-carry version.

Last edited:
played around with a corner carry, here's what I have (7.4k-7.6k) works on everyone.

c.lk c.mk hp qcf+lk fly
(3)j.lk
mp
j.mk j.hp* qcf+mk fly
j.mp
qcf+lk fly
(9)j.lp j.lk
hp qcf+lp
dash
lp lk c.mp hp qcf+lk qcf+pp

*omit j.hp against bella, parasoul, double, beowulf and robo

With your back to the corner it carries about 90% to the other side, the theory would be to extend with an assist or set up a reset situation after the qcf+lp.

The nicer damage combos I saw didn't work if you were too far from the corner, though I haven't looked at all of them. I also stuck with c.mp instead of mk at the end since it's harder to drop if you didn't make it to the corner.

Reactions: Dime
What's painwheels best st.hp chic combo without charged st.hp?

Well, s.HP xx Install, s.HP xx L nail, dash c.MK->s.HP is like 3.7k and works from super far away. Not sure if that's helpful.

Typo. Meant hch and got it autocorrected to chic instead and didn't bother to actually look at what I wrote as per normal :(

Ahem:

What's painwheels best heavy counter hit combo, preferably universal starting with a non charged HP? Also as per normal bnb purposes, no assist in the combo and not a corner combo and using one meter.

Normally I'd just develop one myself but I have a lot less time nowadays and a lot of my pw combo muscle memory has gone because I've got such a good all around combo to use. But I've developed a great burst bait along with a multitude of mixups to go along with that burst bait setup so I'm getting a lot more burst baits and need to really maximize the damage that I'm doing beyond my 2 meter 8.8k universal combo. I would normally just extend my bnb but my current combo is completely optimized so I need a different route altogether.

He didn't post the most optimal one meter starter, his uses 2 meters.
Having said that I'm giving up on the hch starter. Just my normal 2 meter bnb will suffice to kill. In most situations.

Why do you even need combo with non-charged s.hp as a starter?

Why do you even need combo with non-charged s.hp as a starter?

The burst bait that I use gives me more than enough time to punish with non charged st.hp... So I figured since that's an easy punish it it might be prudent to get an hch combo that does really good damage... Something like 8.5k or higher for one meter.

I can already do 8.8k for 2 meters without a heavy starter, universal midscreen or corner against every weight class. But it's meter intensive so... Yeah.

Can you start your combo with j.mk? You can get 9.9k from j.mk relatively easy. From hch s.hp you'll get 9581 and the combo will be harder.

Last edited:
When I was playing around with it I could never get more damage from a CH s.hp starter then from a CH j.mk because of the forced scaling, usually I punish burst baits with j.mk.

I think you can either use an assist (CH s.hp, brass, j.mk, s.hp is great) or do that stupid s.hp xx stinger xx fly, 9j.mk link to be more optimal

Can you start your combo with j.mk? You can get 9.8k from j.mk relatively easy. From hch s.hp you'll get 9581 and the combo will be harder.

I'm having trouble believing this. What's the combo? Either will do I can start my combo with either starter.

-edit.. Oh gah.. You are probably talking about corner only combos or something. Not interested in those... Looking for midscreens only.

It they are both carry. I will post them anyways.