• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Party Python Festival 6 is POSTPONED

Damn, can't make it to this one, got stuff happening most of that day. gotta unreg now

I'd join but my stick broke earlier today.

Oh, since I can't play I can totally commentate this time.

Oh, since I can't play I can totally commentate this time.
Just play Keyboard Solo Big Band that's like basically top tier anyways.

im in lets go

Hey everyone, got off of work a little late. I might be about 15 minutes late.

@Duckator @Midiman Can I give you guys challenge bracket permissions so you can help update the brackets
Sure

GGs everyone and thanks Dolfinh for the tournament!

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
that was a fun tournament

i lost to fuzzy again, nice.

Okay everybody, the thread has been turned into the tournament series megathread for convenience.

I have drawn out the championship brackets. The qualification process was basically adding everyone who made top 8, which lead to 18 participants. Out of those 18 I eliminated the two who had placed the lowest overall out of all the tournaments who entered.

The following players have qualified for the championship bracket, which does not currently have a date and most likely WILL NOT be until at least a month after combo breaker:

EAST COAST:
@dekillsage
@MastaCJ
@cloudKing211
@Dreamepitaph
@drewski
@winnie
@mcpeanuts
@Shamanlord

WEST COAST:
@Beamsprouts
@Biz Casual
@SkullMan
@Yaya
@Domo

MIDWEST:
@Duckator
@Fuzzy_Snugs
@fenster

PENDING BRACKET CAN BE FOUND HERE
This bracket is subject to change. I have done my best to ensure you are not playing someone from your region in your first round. It's inevitable, especially since there are so many strong players from east coast :^P
Yes, it is an online tournament. Yes, the connections will not be perfect. All players in this bracket have stable internet and are strong enough players that i believe they will be able to succeed regardless of the fact that it's netplay.

If for some reason you don't want to participate or are unable to then let me know and I will replace you with the next available qualified person.

Prizes will be something as follow:
1. X amount of money in steam games [a lot]
2. X amount of money in steam games [a bit]
3. X amount of money in steam games [some]
4. A steam game that I get to choose ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) [It'll probably be something on your wishlist]

Last edited:
My net is garbage. unless you like teleporting Filia/fukua. you can try against my connection to see if i'm eligible but i played a good portion of people i used to always play and it seemed wishy washy. sometimes its good but sometimes its terrible.

My net is garbage. unless you like teleporting Filia/fukua. you can try against my connection to see if i'm eligible but i played a good portion of people i used to always play and it seemed wishy washy. sometimes its good but sometimes its terrible.
Okay. keep me posted on your internet. I believe the next qualifier (qualificant?) is @herbvijkl

Sorry for missing the tourney last night, unexpected real stuff happened.

Will join in next time though.

4. A steam game that I get to choose ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) [It'll probably be something on your wishlist]
I will contribute a copy of Bad Rats to the prize pool for 4th place in the Championship bracket. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
Hey baes, a couple of things:

Pending Championship Date:
Sunday, June 28th @1:30pm PST [4:30pm PST]. I know it is way too early to be asking everyone for confirmation, but please do try and keep this date open. I have no problem moving it, but I figured everyone would be out of school by then and have a few weeks to derust and whatnot. If you have something useful to scheduling (eg Sundays not a good day for you, Saturday would be better, that's too early for me, whatnot)

The schedule would work something like: Run up to Top 8, take maybe a 20-30 minute break for food and shit, then keep going with top 8. I would estimate a finish around 6pm PST.

Commentary:
I would like another commentator, but preferably somebody not in the tournament. Cloudking, Sage, Duckator, Fenster, and PcMeanuts are all in the tournament so those aren't really options now. I was thinking maybe somebody like @Elda Taluda or @KhaosMuffins would work. @keninblack if he has access to a PC at the time would also be pretty dope.

Player Themes:
You know how in Marvel 3 X-men vs Street Fighter you take out a character, then the next character comes in with their theme playing? I want this with players. A special 10-15 minutes or so playlist. In a 3/5 set, we could start game 1 with Player 2's playlist and then from there switch the playlist around depending on who wins the following game. You are WELCOME to send me anything you like that fits you. Otherwise I'm just going to construct things that make sense in my head (All-Star for Biz Casual, She-Hulk's theme for Sage, Idolmaster music for Fuzzy, Robo-Ky's theme for Yaya, etc). I just thought this would be really cool, and worth my time since it's a 3/5 set.

I know it seems like i'm kinda overhyping this since it's an online tournament, but I think regardless of that we will see some sick matches from an INCREDIBLY stacked bracket.

Players keep me posted on how that date works out for you. Spectators, you have something to look forward to in june if you enjoy my streams~

Tagging Players:
@winnie
@Beamsprouts
@mcpeanuts
@cloudKing211
@dekillsage
@SkullMan
@Biz Casual
@Shamanlord
@drewski
@Domo
@Fuzzy_Snugs
@MastaCJ
@Duckator
@Yaya
@fenster
@Dreamepitaph (keep me posted on your internet dude)

Last edited:
Player Themes:
You know how in XSF you take out a character, then the next character comes in with their theme playing? I want this with players.
This is impressive if you really do it.

Reactions: Midiman
Are there archives? IMO, put them in the OP please.

That's pretty far off so I can probably make it.
Hype about the whole music idea.

No idea how i'd get near a PC to commentate but that'd be fun. I'll let you know if I can pull it off.

I will set aside that date for this. I'll send you musics next time I see you on Skype. Sounds fun, looking forward to it.

This is impressive if you really do it.
Switching playlists between games shouldn't be too hard. It wouldn't be too far off for me to try and do it when a character died though, as long as I make sure it keeps going when I alt tab out (I've been told borderless windowed should fix this for me).
I will set aside that date for this. I'll send you musics next time I see you on Skype. Sounds fun, looking forward to it.
Sure thing bruh
That's pretty far off so I can probably make it.
Hype about the whole music idea.
Send me anything you want as your "themes" on skype.
Are there archives? IMO, put them in the OP please.
They are all on youtube and I think on twitch. I will update the OP when i'm in between classes in an hour or so. Thanks for making me remember to do this~

EDIT: Updated with Vods. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. X
I know a Vancouver meetup might have been happening in late June, but it could probably be pushed back until July???

Also if we're using Robo-Ky's theme for me, I'd prefer if it was the Korean Version, since his themes in the original are, um.

Switching playlists between games shouldn't be too hard. It wouldn't be too far off for me to try and do it when a character died though, as long as I make sure it keeps going when I alt tab out (I've been told borderless windowed should fix this for me).
Borderless windowed won't, "-ignorefocus" should.

Hello Everyone!

This is coming soon. I'm super stoked for it and I think this will be a really cool online tournament. I need to work out a few things:

@Dreamepitaph are you 100% sure unable to participate in this? If not then @herbvijkl would take your spot providing he wants to.

The following people have not sent me any music requests for their themes:
@winnie (kenin was interested in handling this for you though :P)
@SkullMan
@Domo
@drewski
@MastaCJ
@Duckator

please shoot me some music on skype / steam / skullheart pm. If you do not then I will have a good time picking themes for you.
And I'm looking for an opportunity to use Crawling in my Hill Zone & MODOK's theme from MVC3. You don't want that to happen do you? :^)

Either Twerk or Herb depending on who plays.