• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows PC Danisen League

In terms of finding players to play just contact them however you see fit, just have a neutral understanding about it being a point/danisen set.

In terms of reporting matches, just do them here or whatever to contact me. I have the ability to delete posts so i'll be making sure it doesn't get too cluttered with old results.

#MODBOYS

what the hell, sign me up.

alexpi

I-No/Litchi/Jessica Rabbit

Lilman
Painwheel/Filia

mpgame
Val/Eliza/Filia

Whole league preferably. I'm open to changes if we get enough critique on what people want, but I wanna emulate it to a T for awhile and see how it goes.
I agree. This style of league play relies on people having a set team. In this system, it's not just the player that's given a rank, it's the player and his team. I'm not sure about the exact system being emulated, but other, similar systems allow for a person to have multiple rankings based on their team setups. Like, a guy might be 8th Dan with his main duo, but 4th Dan with this trio.

I'm down if there's no team order lock for the duration of the league.

Alright i'm fine with letting you guys switch team order its no issue. Char lock stays regardless tho.

Steam: Sam

Character: Parasoul

@keninblack there should have a standardized reporting method so they're easier to spot in the thread. Something like Red Text and Size 5 font, just for the guaranteed visibility.

Example:
5th Dan Match: SkullyMcBones beats ScarySpookySkeletons 2-1

Reactions: keninblack
That works thanks bb.

Yeah guys to report matches make it like vibrant colorful and obvious........ it would.............. help ME <3

Legendary J Fukua/PW/Cerebella

Parasoul/Filia/Bella

Mocktopus

i'd love to join and get blown up if you all would have me.

help me get better
solo pw

Okay so I just want to go over two things, one is a additional "forgot to add but obvious" rule and a question.

How do people feel about the no new team's until 5th Dan rule? I've thought it over and i'm okay with letting you add teams as much as you want. Because honestly if you just want to keep switching teams everyday you won't be promoted ranks anyway. So let me know what you guys think on that.

Also a rule I think is obvious but want to address and I will add it in the OP...

When it comes to playing matches, repeating sets with the same people is frowned upon. If only have availability and you have to play the same person twice or something during your 1st Dan rank thats fine, but manipulating points by playing the same player over and over and over again won't be tolerated. It just ruins the whole point of how this is supposed to work. I assumed we all knew that but yeah, don't be the guy that just picks on someone who is just learning for 3 games. Bottom line.

Reactions: Midiman
Def like the no new team unless certain rank. You could also do # of matches. Say a new person is trying out a team, and they suck hard for 30/40/50 matches. Them being able to start fresh with something new would be nice.

As for the repeating sets, as the point man for this you can just flat out refuse to accept results of the same match if they are done within the same day, or whatever timeframe that makes sense, and only the first post about it counts. That said, I would think pre and post matches for fun are encouraged.

I like the match limit idea, and I agree with, "no new teams until X rank." And as for rematches, let's just set it at a 24 hour timer. You can keep beating a guy if he'll go for it, but you can't grind out a whole rank on the poor guy in a single day.

Also, can we set a floor on the amount of negative points a 1st Dan can have? It'll really kill motivation to dip to like, -14 or something ridiculous like that. Maybe set it at a -6 absolute minimum or so?

Reactions: Midiman and NCV
yo c'mon guys, it's only 2/3. We should be able to get some points on the board hella fast. Fight me.

Steam ID: Krye
Character(s): Valentine / Filia / Fukua

Cool, if I like your score report that means its been accounted for. :)

Reactions: Luweewu
1st Dan Match: Luweewu 2-0 Midiman
1st Dan Match: Luweewu 1-2 dagwood

Don't mind me, just cluttering up the place with reports

1st Dan Match: Luweewu 2-1 evilben

Reactions: keninblack