• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Platinum Games

Oh wait... "unannounced".

Oh... OH MY GOD! Platinum is working on another game!

Ohmygodohmygodohmygoooooooood :D

Wait, what? platinum working on a new game? i can't contain the hype!

Platinum is working on a new game.

My body.

Is.

READY.

I swear if it's Vanquish 2. Fuck everything else at E3 this year.

Yooooo I would fucking love Vanquish 2. Vanquish one was badass.

I hope it's Metal Gear Rising tw- *CRIES*

Reactions: juju_for_president
We should ask Kamiya about it on twi-wait shit I already made that one
uh
W1001 is really all I want
or Platinum acquiring the Clover IPs and announcing GOD HAND 2

New IP, maybe?

Whatever it is, you can trust Platinum. Most companies that announce a new IP, it's plagued by old and stale ideas for game design despite the new cast/setting. That's generally not the case with Platinum. They actually know the definition of "new".

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Whatever it is, you can trust Platinum. Most companies that announce a new IP, it's plagued by old and stale ideas for game design despite the new cast/setting. That's generally not the case with Platinum. They actually know the definition of "new".
This. So much this. People are like: oh, games today are the same.
And i'm like: YOU IDIOT, PLAY WONDERFUL 101, one of the best games in many years! Why don't you play wonderful 101?!

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
A Platinum Game should be a milestone
Like it should be federal law to play one before being considered an actual person

It might depend on genre, but this has seldom been true, in my experience.
Sorry, my point was mistaken, low budget games can be awesome, and a lot of them are, but i'm just saying, this can be legend of korra again (and i'm sure the game is good, i have to buy, but the game is very limited in stages and variety for what i've seen)

Sorry, my point was mistaken, low budget games can be awesome, and a lot of them are, but i'm just saying, this can be legend of korra again (and i'm sure the game is good, i have to buy, but the game is very limited in stages and variety for what i've seen)

Yeah.

I heard other criticisms about the basic mechanics in Korra too though. I wouldn't mind a shorter Platinum game anyway, since they're very replayable, just as long as the fundamentals are solid.

Also, I just want to point out that oldschool Transformers aesthetic would fit Platinum quite well.

Last edited:
How do we know this is low budget? Transformers games have had decent production value in the past, like war for cybertron.

Also worth noting that licensed games usually suck because of strict, very short deadlines. Budget can have something to do with it but good devs can work with a low budget, no one can make a good brawler in some stupid timeline like only a few months. I would be willing to bet that's what went wrong with the Korra game.

Building on what @Horseman said, licensed games can also suck because of executive meddling. There have been cases of the owner of the license actually getting in the way of the development process and making decisions for the developers that ends up hurting the games. Believe it or not, Superman 64 is actually the most notorious example of this; apparently, it was such a bad amount of meddling, the end product didn't even meet something like 10% of what they actually wanted.

the thing is, this wouldn't be Platinum's first licensed game.
and Korra wasn't all that memorable
and don't forget in some stages where that Platinum camera did not like being moved around at all.

There is this new trailer for Transformers Devastation.

Well, is not Wonderful 101 or Bayonetta 2, but sure like something on the level of MGR.

Also, on a sidenote, i've been playing wonderful 101 for some months now, i'm now beating the game on the 101% hard difficulty (decided to get platinum in all stages in normal before moving on, it was time consuming), and this game is really hard and sometimes frustrating, but i still love it. i just wish i could do the morphs faster.

Not sure if it's been mentioned here before, but Platinum is also doing NieR 2 with the composer and writers from the first game. That's pretty hype.

The guy said"with the crew we have put together the quality is assured"

I can't wait for that tasty cavia gameplay and deep Platinum writing
shit's hype as balls

Man...Cullen and Welker, Conroy and Hamill...it's crazy to think that those guys are probably as busy now as they were back when they first voiced their characters. No matter how old they get, they just never sound out of place. Looks like they're also finally bringing back Gilvezan's Bumblebee for this TF game too!

Honestly, if they gave Starscream fewer speaking lines, but were able to use Latta's voice clips, I'd actually be okay with that.

his skeleton will not hold anything back now that it's been freed from it's fleshy prison.

Wait, did I just see Bumblebee curb-stomping Blitzwing, Thundercracker, and Shockwave in that trailer?

A kill la kill character action game.

While the thing is hype enough, i can't imagine a game system that would have variety, since we would have what, ryuuko and her only weapon is the scizor blade.

Being honest, i want more an original Platinum project, that is why i want to see Scalebound more than anything, come on Gamescom!

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
but Platinum can't make a Berserk action game because the entire point of Guts' weapon is to not have combos.
Guts shouldn't do combo!