• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Platinum Games

DJAzure

Mahou Shoujo DJSkyBlueAzureAoi-chan
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Steam
dj_azure
PSN
DJ_Azure
XBL
DJ Azure
Squigly Robo Fortune Big Band
AWWWWWW YISSSSSSS

I just beat the Wonderful 101.

I can't wait to get some of the secret Wonderful Ones so I can use

Use Unite Drill, so during the final battle I can use 200 Wonderful Ones and turn them into a drill against the Final boss who is in a moon-sized robot.

Plat. games are "cant stop wont stop" tier.

A Platinum Games thread?

tumblr_mo9mh1SiEl1r4lj47o1_500.gif

As much as it sucks, I love the jokes about the Wonderful 101 not selling, like "The Wonderful 101 Copies Sold"

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
I loved this game, I ordered it but I could not wait so I rented it.

Sadly I got super sick and could no play a lot but man, it's all in the details.

There are some hard parts (Platinum trademark) but I totallly love the game.

I can't wait for Bayonetta 2 and I hope Nintendo or anyone keep using this guys to make games !

Since this is a Platinum games thread. I bought Metal Gear Rising back in March and it's still sitting on my shelf, unopened, to this day.

Since this is a Platinum games thread. I bought Metal Gear Rising back in March and it's still sitting on my shelf, unopened, to this day.
BUT WHY!

The soundtrack is awesome! Also the game is kinda short if you play at least 4 hours you will finish it by in 3 days!

BUT WHY!

The soundtrack is awesome! Also the game is kinda short if you play at least 4 hours you will finish it by in 3 days!

I had a lot of games to get through during my run from there til now.

I had a lot of games to get through during my run from there til now.
Play it, you will not regret it.

How many games do you have to finish until that one? Because I understand the pain I have like 5 on backlog at the moment ): I miss the days when I had the time....!

How does Platinum Games survive when many of their games don't sell very well? Well, maybe with the exception of Revengeance and maybe Bayonetta. They got closed by Capcom when they were known as "Clover Studios".

Play it, you will not regret it.

How many games do you have to finish until that one? Because I understand the pain I have like 5 on backlog at the moment ): I miss the days when I had the time....!

I've already heard the positive reviews about it. I have about 8 games to go through.

Anarchy Reigns was pretty hype.

Indeed. I still have it and play it occasionally.

Anarchy Reigns is amazing. The heartless bastards who didn't buy it or panned it in reviews because of the STORY or filler single player content are terrible.

Pretty much. It's selling point was the multiplayer and it didn't disappoint one bit.

I bought Anarchy Reigns day 1. It is a really fun despite some of the broken stuff but I still love it. My mains was Ai Rin, Zero and Bayo. I stopped playing it a few months later when the xbox player base is non existence. This game is almost like Power Stone in a way. I kinda wish they have more dev time, since they didnt implement multiplayer offline mode.

Also, how is the PS3 community for this game btw?

Haven't played TW101 yet but it looks so good and I'm still saving up for the Wii U. Pretty much any game made by Hideki Kamiya is god tier.

As for reviews, I don't care for them if they review any Platinum Games' work. I know their actions game is top tier. Their games is pretty much how the old Capcom was. Capcom games these days are not so great..

Also, how is the PS3 community for this game btw?

It's pretty dead some days, but you can get some matches. As for Deathball and such.... unless you have friends, it's non existent.

Let us all give a moment of silence for Vanquish.... it never stood a chance.... poor guy!

I just played that the other day. It never gets old.

Man, I want a Wii U so bad for W101 and Bayonetta 2. Probably gonna have to wait quite awhile before I can buy one though. I guess I'll just drown my sorrows in replaying God Hand, Vanquish, and Bayo 1 on harder difficulties. Maybe do another Very Hard or Revengeance run of MGR as well for the billionth time. Man I love Platinum.

I think it also goes without saying that Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is one of the best things ever.
And who made it?
PLATINUM

And I still haven't played it yet.

I got Vanquish too. I should really get back to it.

All I got left are two of the six challenges. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
Let us all give a moment of silence for Vanquish.... it never stood a chance.... poor guy!
Man I would still put in my copy of Vanquish to this day if it had even half decent multiplayer.

If I could jump on a monorail and zoom around and shoot other players......................shheeiiitt

Man I would still put in my copy of Vanquish to this day if it had even half decent multiplayer.

If I could jump on a monorail and zoom around and shoot other players......................shheeiiitt
It didn't need multiplayer though! ;A;

Sadly, I haven't gotten too far in The Wonderful 101 yet but the little I've played has been incredibly awesome. My jaw dropped during Operation 2 when:

Oh my gah, the bad guy did a Unite Morph? Holy shit I'm getting my butt kicked! This is awesome!

I've only gotten to play the demo (no console to play it on :( ) but geez this game is cool. Then again, Platinum.

So I just finished beating the Operation 003 boss in The Wonderful 101 and I felt pretty awesome since these fights are always over-the-top awesome... then the power went out.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

WTF? What about people who bought the retail version of Revengeance and separately bought those DLC episodes? No freebies?

WTF? What about people who bought the retail version of Revengeance and separately bought those DLC episodes? No freebies?
nope. thats how the market goes there pal.

I just want to say that both MadWorld & Anarchy Reigns have friggin' AMAZING soundtracks

MGR's is pretty good too.

Don't forget Bayonetta as well. I still listen to my CD at least once a week of it.

When I first saw some Bayonetta gameplay, I decided to get it on Xbox. I am so glad that I did because of the intense action (Bayonetta summoning demons to finish off bigger enemies) and the references from Sega here and there.

Two Platinum Game related things from me:

1) Finally bought Bayonetta for 360. Now I just gotta bring it to my uncle's house and play it there.

2) I finished The Wonderful 101 last month. Needless to say, the game was amazing and went beyond my expectations. All I expected was a fun, colorful action game for the Wii U. Instead I got this crazy awesome, colorful, fun and challenging action game for the Wii U.

Speaking of Platinum...it pained me to see that Anarchy Reigns had such a low life cycle...the delay in america, not being updated, semi broken system...

I wish it lasted longer...:(

Anarchy Reigns, Madworld, Metal Gear Rising, and Bayonetta have some of the best soundtracks I've ever heard...

I personally think MadWorld had the best art style, the black and white style made the game really unique unlike any other game.

Reactions: Squire Grooktook