• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

Roost used to work like that, but in Gen 6 the Pokemon is now treated as ?? Type for the turn after Roost, but only if it is Mono-Flying.
I think it's the other way around, judging by this article on the move from Bulbapedia.

Also because this article says that the ??? type was retired in Gen 6.

Reactions: Agent York
Stupid me, misreading the roman numeral four as six.

What do you mean momentarily? Do you mean the moment when the flying type is exchanged for a normal type?

And to be hardcore specific, there’s also Arceus for mono flying types.
It basically removes the flying type entirely: Honchkrow using Roost doesn't get doubly weak to Fighting when
Roosted.

Tornadus and Arceus-Flying don't even learn roost.

After leaving the Desert I sent off Zeriam at Mauville, then I revived the Root Fossil.
I named the resulting Lileep after @jam1220 and moved him to the PC.
Screen shot 2014-08-17 at 1.51.44 PM.png

With nowhere else to go I went straight to Petalburg City to take on its Gym.
In this Gym you choose a door to go through and defeat the trainer behind it to progress.
Screen shot 2014-08-17 at 1.59.09 PM.png

Each trainer battles differently and uses different moves depending on the name of the name of the room. No puzzles, just good old fashioned battle tactics.
This is the Speed Room, so the trainer's Swellow was significantly faster than Chicken and managed to land a devastating blow with Wing Attack.
Screen shot 2014-08-17 at 2.58.54 PM.png

I intend to take on every trainer here.
Nothing but Cool Trainers here, I'll show them what cool really is.
Screen shot 2014-08-17 at 3.14.57 PM.png

Chicken's been Double Kicking her way through these fools, It's been fine but she had a couple close calls because of some critical hits and strategic openings.

Zangoose is such a cool Pokémon.
Screen shot 2014-08-17 at 3.15.24 PM.png

By the time I entered Norman's room Chicken was Level 35 so I decided to trigger her final evolution with a Rare Candy.

Chicken is now a Blaziken and has learned Blaze Kick!
Screen shot 2014-08-17 at 3.44.12 PM.png

Tatami mats, kanji banners, wooden windows.
Wow Dad, I didn't know that you were such a huge fucking weeb.
Screen shot 2014-08-17 at 3.45.05 PM.png
In the next update we take on my weeaboo bitch of a dad, Norman!

Nice, an update.

I remember when I met Norman for the first time. My pokémons was clearly underleveld soo while his Slakings took about half my pokemons HP (or whole) I only made a 1/3th or 1/4th on there total HP.

Hopefully some footage comes out soon. It's amazing to see the Champion using unorthodox strategies and blowing people away with Meta-breaking ideas.

I've been trying to get some good recordings on Showdown for awhile, but my team is starting to under-perform. Trying to make a new one, and it's gonna take some time to work the kinks out. NU is a lot harder than people give it credit for. The number of Pokemon, strategies, sets, and variants in that tier is staggering, and trying to account for them all is a daunting task at times.

So here's a link to see the results of the World Championship and their teams~
http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/worlds/2014/teams/masters/
Some interesting pokemon cropped up! (I didn't actually watch the world championship)
I love how the Korean's team is a handful of wtf pokemon + a Garchomp and Gyarados while the team it beat was pure tier-whoring faggotry. God I love it when that shit happens.

I love how the Korean's team is a handful of wtf pokemon + a Garchomp and Gyarados while the team it beat was pure tier-whoring faggotry. God I love it when that shit happens.

Talonflame is definitely not a "wtf pokemon."

Gale Wings + Brave Bird makes it the single most deadly bird Mon in the entire series aside from maybe Blaziken if you count it.

I've got it.

Chaos Emerald.

Gale Wings + Brave Bird makes it the single most deadly bird Mon in the entire series aside from maybe Blaziken if you count it.
I know about all that, but that's honestly why it's wtf for me. It's just silly.

I really want a new Pokémon Pinball. The GBA one was amazing.

Reactions: Rellek
+1 for Pinball, Snap and Stadium

Don't care much for the idea of Pokken.

I need my hard-drinking, cigar-chomping, strip club-visiting Detective Pikachu
it just needs to happen

Reactions: Denizen
I need my hard-drinking, cigar-chomping, strip club-visiting Detective Pikachu
it just needs to happen

Google is your friend.

fine then, mr semantics

I need an OFFICIAL hard-drinking, cigar-chomping, strip club-visiting Detective Pikachu

Reactions: Denizen and Ktulu
I need an OFFICIAL hard-drinking, cigar-chomping, strip club-visiting Detective Pikachu

Then your needs will stay unfulfilled. Sorry. And don’t worry, I already had dessert.

C'mon c'mon c'mon...
I mean, remember the pokémon trailer (X,Y confirmed?) where they looked through every Nintendo hardwares pokémon was on. When they came to WiiU you could see some 'fighting pokémon' banners. Can't find the video atm.

THE BATTLE BEGINS!!!
Generation Hoenn, the only games where your dad is present.
I think Norman looks pretty good right now, that being said his new design in ORAS is still leagues above his original. Norman's a badass, but my dad in real life is still better. He's literally a hero. Norman has better fashion sense though.
Screen shot 2014-08-18 at 8.52.58 PM.png

Enough with the idle chit chat, on to the battle!
Chicken used two turns to Bulk Up, but in the process she was confused by Teeter Dance. My tactic for this battle is to destroy Norman's team through overwhelming force.
Screen shot 2014-08-18 at 9.15.56 PM.png

She took a hard hit from Psybeam, but it didn't matter because she snapped out of her confusion and took out Spinda with a single kick.
Screen shot 2014-08-18 at 9.17.26 PM.png

Vigoroth didn't even have a chance to move, he was wiped out by Chicken's Blaze Kick.
Screen shot 2014-08-18 at 9.18.02 PM.png

Chicken missed her kick and Linoone used Belly Drum, a risky but threatening tactic. Hopefully Chicken doesn't miss again.
Screen shot 2014-08-18 at 9.19.04 PM.png

She didn't miss.
Linoone went down in flames.
Screen shot 2014-08-18 at 9.20.14 PM.png

Norman finally shows his anchor, Slaking.
Blaze Kick is cool, but just to play it safe I had Chicken use Double Kick. I didn't think it would take him out in one hit, so I didn't even get a screenshot of Slaking.
Screen shot 2014-08-18 at 9.22.19 PM.png

DENIZEN WINS!!! That was the easiest Gym Battle I've had so far, not what I expected.
In fact it was actually kind of boring, the next Gym should be more interesting.
Screen shot 2014-08-18 at 9.24.58 PM.png

Wally's Dad dragged me out of the gym to his home so he could give me HM 03 Surf.
I immediately used it on Shihfu.
Screen shot 2014-08-18 at 9.39.49 PM.png

I went out to the pond by the Gym, took a ride on my water dragon, and encountered…
Screen shot 2014-08-18 at 9.44.25 PM.png
In the next update we catch Pokémon and something shocking happens.

Last edited:
Part of me REALLY wishes they would make Missingno as some sort of Pokemon. It's so strangely memorable. Of course with some alterations from it's original stats because, uh, 0 Defense with 20 speed.

Also I think it's about 3000 pounds in the games it appeared in, so heavy slam would be fun if it got it.

I mean, remember the pokémon trailer (X,Y confirmed?) where they looked through every Nintendo hardwares pokémon was on. When they came to WiiU you could see some 'fighting pokémon' banners. Can't find the video atm.
They were doing a runthrough of the generations to show the progress of the pokemon series over the years. I remember the head of the Pokemon Company saying in an interview that the last image was of what they envisioned the new pokemon generations would look like in the future. Notice how Blaziken is positioned in the place that an opponent pokemon would be and Lucario in the place that your pokemon would be? Just put the life bars and such next to each and you have the exact same layout of a pokemon battle in the adventure pokemon games. Intentional? Absolutely! Why? Because it's not a fighting game but rather a REALLY high definition pokemon adventure game.

2524229-7305996001-Gnoaz.jpg

People, give some love to X/Y games.

They need make all pokémons in 3D "in a year" and is not a easy task. Maybe they not have time to make more things.

I think the Pokémon Z will be the best :D

Reactions: Cybermanworf
People, give some love to X/Y games.

They need make all pokémons in 3D "in a year" and is not a easy task. Maybe they not have time to make more things.

I think the Pokémon Z will be the best :D
Consider that they already had very good looking 3d models for every single pokemon up to generation 4 by that time and the 3d pokedex came out soon after gen 5 so all those models were already on hand. They just needed to make them appropriate to make into a 3ds form, polish them up and add another 70 or so. 70 in a year is really not that much I don't think... For professionals who have been doing it for several years already with the other pokemon, I can imagine this wasn't that difficult.

But that said, I absolutely love X/y because it's so beautiful

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Consider that they already had very good looking 3d models for every single pokemon up to generation 4 by that time and the 3d pokedex came out soon after gen 5 so all those models were already on hand. They just needed to make them appropriate to make into a 3ds form, polish them up and add another 70 or so. 70 in a year is really not that much I don't think... For professionals who have been doing it for several years already with the other pokemon, I can imagine this wasn't that difficult.

But that said, I absolutely love X/y because it's so beautiful

They need make all gen 5 and 6 plus megaforms and alternate forms... and remake all gen 1 cry (gen 2 too?). Is a loot of work. I think ORAS will be great, and after then, Z will be ever great!!

They need make all gen 5 and 6 plus megaforms and alternate forms... and remake all gen 1 cry (gen 2 too?). Is a loot of work. I think ORAS will be great, and after then, Z will be ever great!!
The pokedex 3D includes all pokemon up to generation 5 (Black/White). Pokedex 3D has all those pokemon updated with information from Black2/White2 plus the updated cries of Gen 1.

They literally only had to do 80 something pokemon for the release of x and y and import the other 650 whatever. 80 pokemon in a year is still pretty intense, but it is DEFINITELY less of a feat than 300 or even 727.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex3dpro/

I think making the whole 3D world takes more time to do then 727 pokemons (+ megas). And all moves special effects. But it must have to do with time they couldn't add more post game content. This is the secound time a new version of Blues music/theme is in the game but not used.

Anyway, like I sorta said last time. I liked they made the whole "creating the most perfect IV and EV pokémon" a lot easier!

Reactions: Rellek