• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

Alright, here's my first NU battle.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-156396312
Conclusion: Marowak is a boss and Vivillon is confirmed the best Bug/Flying pokémon IMO (had it in my main team in XY and kicked ass there also. Just didn't know how good it was in competive playing).

EDIT:
Funny 3v3 testing if someone is interested.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespottriples-156513538
What I didn't like about this battle was the game declared the opponent the winner and not a draw :/
I was the one who used Perish Song soo it would make more sense if I was the winner instead!

Last edited:
Route 118. I used a Repel to cross over the water, I don't want to catch another water type yet. I spoke to Steven Stone for a moment, about nothing important really.
After that I checked the tall grass and found…
Screen shot 2014-08-25 at 12.11.02 PM.png

An Electrike! I named him after @Shockdingo, fitting. Tech Powah is a much better Electric Type at the moment, so he went off to the PC.
Screen shot 2014-08-25 at 12.26.53 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-08-25 at 12.29.46 PM.png

While I was at the PC I decided to hatch that Wynaut, 'cause why not. Of course I sped up my emulator to save some time. I couldn't think of a good name so I just named him after @Jimbob 'cause they're both annoying.
Screen shot 2014-08-25 at 12.36.39 PM.png

After I got a Good Rod and took care of the trainers on Route 118 I went to Route 119. The super tall grass here hides trainers, items, and Pokémon.
I ventured forth and encountered…
Screen shot 2014-08-25 at 1.48.30 PM.png

A Tropius! Here I took advantage of the three tries allowance 'cause the first two Pokémon I encountered were Linoones. I named her after the first lady I saw in the "Members Online Now" section of the forums, @Hemijack.
Screen shot 2014-08-25 at 2.36.54 PM.png

I think that the actual male/female ratio of Skullgirls fans is about even, but the forums are definitely a sausage fest.
So the females I catch are more difficult to name than the males.
Screen shot 2014-08-25 at 2.57.08 PM.png

The Weather Institute. When I enter this facility there is no notice that the area changed so I can't claim the Castform here. Doesn't matter, I never would have used it.
In fact I probably would have named it Scumbag and let it get beaten so I can release it.
Screen shot 2014-08-25 at 4.05.41 PM.png
In the next update we storm the Weather Institute, battle our rival, and take on Fortree Gym.

Last edited:
So everybody, what is your favorite Pokemon for each respective typing? Dual types of course can fit into either of their typings, and if you can't decide, ties and runner-ups are perfectly acceptable.
Normal: Snorlax
Fire: Darmanitan
Water: Vaporeon
Electric: Magnezone
Grass: Venusaur
Ice: Froslass
Fighting: Mienshao
Poison: Crobat
Ground: Nidoking
Flying: Chatot
Psychic: Sigilyph and Meloetta
Bug: Escavalier (Runner-ups are Accelgor, Durant, Genesect, and way too many others to list. It is my favorite type after all)
Rock: Armaldo
Ghost: Spiritomb and Cofagrigus
Dragon: Haxorus
Dark: Absol (runner-ups are Scrafty, Zoroark, and Weavile)
Steel: Bisharp (with Metagross as a close second)
Fairy: Mawile (also my favorite Pokemon of all time)

Last edited:
Normal: Stoutland (Mine's affectionately named Scruffy)
Fire: Darmanitan
Water: Dewott/Greninja
Electric: Pikachu
Grass: Phantump
Ice: Vanillite
Fighting: Lucario
Poison: Scolipede
Ground: Krookodile
Flying: Talonflame
Psychic: Reiunculus
Bug: Shedinja
Rock: Boldore
Ghost: COME ON YOU"RE MAKING ME PICK ONE? Yamask
Dragon: Goodra
Dark: Scrafty
Steel: Aegislash
Fairy: SYLVEON

Agent York said:
So everybody, what is your favorite Pokemon for each respective typing?

Normal: Diggersby (Diggersby, tho?)
Fire: Houndoom
Water: Quagsire (Four Gens later, and you're still good. Here's to you, Mudfish Cowboy.)
Electric: Pikachu/Raichu (Staying neutral.)
Grass: Venusaur
Ice: Glaceon
Fighting: Hitmonchan (HARDER THAN STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL.)
Poison: Crobat
Ground: Heliolisk (That weather lizard, yo.)
Flying: Talonflame (Is this the first time the first Flying type you encounter is actually good?)
Psychic: Beeheeyem (ALIENS! Took them long enough, too...)
Bug: Scizor
Rock: Diancie (I don't own one, but I really like it, for some reason. Probably because I feel the Fairy/Rock typing gave it some really good defense stats.)
Ghost: Gengar
Dragon: Flygon
Dark: Zoroark/Zorua (Hard to choose.)
Steel: Mawile (I always nickname mine Filia.)
Fairy: Sylveon

@Denizen

What do you use for screen capture?

Normal: Azurill
Fire: Hoopa
Water: Golduck
Electric: Lanturn
Grass: Lombre
Ice: Cloyster
Fighting: Poliwrath
Poison: Screlp
Ground: Seismitoad
Flying: Pelipper
Psychic: Starmie
Bug: Surskit
Rock: Kabutops
Ghost: Jellicent
Dragon: Kingdra
Dark: Greninja
Steel: Empolion
Fairy: Azumarill
Normal: Heliolisk
Fire: Magby
Water: Golduck
Electric: Magneton
Grass: Lombre
Ice: Froslass/Cyrogonal
Fighting: Toxicroak/Medicham
Poison: Arbok/Vileplume/Roserade
Ground: Sandslash
Flying: Crobat
Psychic: Xatu
Bug: Escavalier/Accelgor
Rock: Lunastone
Ghost: Mismagius
Dragon: Flygon
Dark: Scrafty/Sableye
Steel: Metagross
Fairy: Gardevoir/Mawile

Also by Gen cuz why not
Gen 1: Golduck
Gen 2: Xatu
Gen 3: Flygon
Gen 4: Lucario/Infernape/Toxicroak/Luxray as the rest mean nothing to me
Gen 5: Scrafty
Gen 6: Gourgiest/Tyrantrum/Trevenant

Normal: Zangoose
Fire: Arcanine
Water: Carracosta
Electric: Ampharos
Grass: Roserade
Ice: Weavile
Fighting: Mienshao
Poison: Tentacruel
Ground: Krookodile
Flying: Delibird (lol)
Psychic: Munna
Bug: Scizor
Rock: Not quite sure... I despise rock types... I'll say Carracosta again
Ghost: Chandelure (And my fav pokemon)
Dragon: Mega Salamence
Dark: Weavile (Again because badass)
Steel: Excadrill
Fairy: Togekiss

Well if we're going by Generation now, then here, I guess:

Gen I: Gengar
Gen II: Houndoom
Gen III: Flygon
Gen IV: Luxray (WHY ISN'T THERE A MEGA-LUXRAY? COME ON, MAN!)
Gen V: Zorua/Zoroark (So glad they gave you one in Black and White, and I'm even more glad you could catch a Zoroark in X and Y)
Gen VI: Sylveon (Loving the new Fairy type, especially because it was necessary. Something had to put Dragon in its place, and also had to give Poison some type of use. Two good deeds in one day.)

I can barely make a top 10 on anything, even less have a favorite pokémon.
I have many times had Swampert and Shedinja very high up in my head. But then I think on other mons and I can't decide any longer who I like the most.

Reactions: Dr Otaku-Sensei
+5 Necromancer said:
I have many times had Swampert and Shedinja very high up in my head. But then I think on other mons and I can't decide any longer who I like the most.

Understandable. The skruggle is real. And yes, I said skruggle, because the struggle is so bad, we can't even afford the struggle, so we just get the skruggle.

Now that my college senior year has begun I will have far less time to do these Nuzlocke Updates.
Don't worry though, I always finish what I start, I'm just that kind of guy.
Interior of the Weather Institute, Team Aqua is acting like a bunch of fools.
Screen shot 2014-09-01 at 1.36.13 PM.png

Definitely the first, maybe both.
Screen shot 2014-09-01 at 1.55.39 PM.png

Like I said many times before, ORAS versions of RSE characters are way hotter than their original designs in almost all cases, both male and female.
Screen shot 2014-09-01 at 1.57.12 PM.png

I won the battle so decisively that it's not even worth showing, Tech Powah was easily able to One-Hit KO nearly every Pokémon here because of his type advantage.

I got a Castform as a reward which I named Scumbag. I already caught a Tropius in this area so I'm forced to take him out back with a shotgun release him into the wild.
Screen shot 2014-09-01 at 2.03.03 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-09-01 at 2.35.02 PM.png

Goddammit, this bitch caught me off-guard again!
OK, I can handle this, I just can't afford any mistakes.
Screen shot 2014-09-01 at 2.39.50 PM.png

Tech Powah couldn't take out Lombre in one hit, so May switched her out for Marshtomp. Tech can't fight Marsh because of his Ground Type, so I responded with Prisceel.
Screen shot 2014-09-01 at 2.41.10 PM.png

Prisceel couldn't take out her opponent either, so May sent out her Slugma.
I responded with Chicken. Once she took out Slugma the rest was smooth sailing. Prisceel defeated Marsh and Tech took out Lombre and it was all over.
Screen shot 2014-09-01 at 2.44.17 PM.png

After the battle May gave me Fly, which I immediately taught to Ruin.
However I can't use it out of battle yet, I have to take out Winona first.
Screen shot 2014-09-01 at 3.01.20 PM.png

Is this a reference or a coincidence? Either way these kids are cool.
Screen shot 2014-09-01 at 3.08.35 PM.png
In the next update we explore Fortree City and take on its Gym.

Last edited:
Reactions: musica and Prisceel
I feel like Tech Powah is going to completely dominate Winona's Gym for the most part, due to type advantage. The only thing I'm worried about is that Winona's Altaria will know a move that is supereffective against Tech Powah, but even then I'm sure he'll be fine.

You're right Cheshire, Winona's Altaria knows Earthquake.
I'll either switch Tech out at that point or take the risk with Thunderbolt.

YEAH, KILL THEM FLYING TYPES, I'M BRINGING THE THUNDER!

But yeah, If this was Gen 4 you could teach Magneton Magnet Rise, forget about Ground moves and just solo Winona, but it's not so the double weakness to Earthquake would probably OHKO it.

Denizen said:
Winona's Altaria knows Earthquake.

WHAT? I didn't know that!

Son of a bitch, who let the Flying type learn a Ground type attack! D:

Son of a bitch, who let the Flying type learn a Ground type attack! D:
Altaria is primarily a Dragon Type, and they tend to control the forces of nature.

+5 Necromancer said:
Don't worry. In ORAS, its mega will be Dragon/Fairy!

I really want Winona to have a Mega Stone, now. Because then I can bring out a Magneton on her Altaria, and then she'll turn it into a Mega Altaria. If it still has Earthquake, then Earthquake becomes Fairy type, and I'm pretty sure Magneton resists that. Then, you could proceed to laugh as Magneton uses Flash Cannon and takes Mega Altaria out in one hit.

PLEASE GAME FREAK. DO THIS.

Ruin said:
magneton takes 4x damage from earthquake

Normally. But Mega Altaria's ability is Pixilate, so Earthquake would become Fairy type.

EDIT: FUCK NEVER MIND. GOD DAMMIT NEVER MIND. DON'T DO IT, GAME FREAK.

Normally. But Mega Altaria's ability is Pixilate, so Earthquake would become Fairy type.

And now you realize your mistake

Pixilate only affects Normal Type moves. It'd be a garbage ability otherwise.

Dr.Sanity said:
And now you realize your mistake

You don't need to rub it in! D:

Crayolan said:
Pixilate only affects Normal type moves. It'd be a garbage ability otherwise.

I realize this now, thank you. ;_;

This game is too gorgeous... I need to lay down.

What a troll at the start of the video, giving us that glorious Battle Theme then cutting abruptly to the goddamn main theme that I'm sick of hearing already.

So what I think is really interesting is that, apparently, the rustling grass mechanic is looking to get replaced with an actual, visible Pokemon hiding in the grass. Interesting...

Reactions: Rellek
I'm one pokemon away from getting a solid all water triple battle team all I need is a Water Absorb Seismitoad.
I'm willing to trade something like; a prankster Riolu, Contrary Shuckle, Heavy Metal Bronzor, Flare Boost Drifloon, Cloud Nine Swablu, Telepathy Munna, Analytic Porygon, Bulletproof Chespin/Quiladin, or a Rotom. I'm willing to trade any of these pokemon for a Seismitoad line pokemon with water absorb.
(these are a basicly the only pokemon that I have worth a damn trading wise)

So what I think is really interesting is that, apparently, the rustling grass mechanic is looking to get replaced with an actual, visible Pokemon hiding in the grass. Interesting...
It's likely not of the pokemon that you would battle with, but just an easier visual representation of a pokemon rustling in the grass.

Rellek said:
It's likely not of the pokemon that you would battle with, but just an easier visual representation of a pokemon rustling in the grass.

Wouldn't that be kind of misleading, though? It's like, "OMG DERE'S A PERKAJEW IMMA GUN CATCH IT- Awwwwwwwww. Kecleon agaaaaaaaain."

So is someone going to draw a comic where a trainer approaches that tail, pulls it up, and it's a Snorlax or

I hope that's not what the in game music sounds like. There's a disturbing lack of trumpets.