• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

POKKEN

Zoroark could be the Double of Pokken I guess

Anything like Double would be absolute hell to do with 3D animation.

When's Pikachu?

When's Ridley?
I think it's time Metroid had more representation in this franchise.

Reactions: Ktulu
Will the game play like a tekken game or will the they just be the ones making it?

When's Daisy?

Could anyone imagine a playable Eevee?

When's Annie

But in all seriousness I would like to see the cosplay wrestler Pikachu in some form. Not regular size though, that would be too much of a pain.

I want Zoroark in this.

... And Diggersby, too, but mostly Zoroark...

I like how we have so little info we are just throwing around what pokemon we want.
I JUST WANNA KNOW WHAT WE'LL HAVE INSTEAD OF HIGH LOWS CONFIRMED.

I misread this as the counters from DoA.
That'd be so fuckin' cool to have those, but that's the wrong team.

So, here's an idea for what I think they might do, just to feel like I contributed. This has nothing to do with how combos are going to work, but it's still an idea for something they might end up doing.

So, you know how Pokemon can learn moves that affect their own stats, right? Like Hone Claws or Nasty Plot? Well, maybe they'll try to implement those moves in the game. Like, some of the Pokemon know a stat boosting move, and the boost they get is temporary? Just a thought.

Also, maybe they'll implement status effects into the gameplay, like Persona 4 Arena did?

I could see that happening, but I would be pretty disappointed nonetheless

can machamp's Mega Evo just be

stock-photo-statue-of-thousand-arms-buddha-47497537.jpg

Reactions: Kongk4
I had a sketch
from like a year ago,
and Mega Machamp was just a regular Machamp but with an extra pair of arms growing out its head and flipping off the camera.
And that's still what I like to imagine Mega Machamp would be.

the ultimate fighter
200px-Artwork102.png

the ultimate fighter
200px-Artwork102.png
Oh wow. He must be a high-eggsecution character. :PUN:

Anyway, saw this on the Serebii page. Quoting only parts I care about, which were translated from Famitsu.
Serebii said:
It was also confirmed that the game is "approximately 30%" complete with the first demo run expected next year. Tsunekazu Ishihara, head of The Pokémon Company, also stated that he wishes for Pokkén Tournament to have a place at the Pokémon World Championships each year alongside the main series Pokémon games and the TCG.
That the game is 30% complete is cool to know, but I'm really excited at the prospect of having official Nintendo fighting game tournaments run! Granted it'll be just this one specific game, but if they run it like they run the TCG and main games, they'll have tournaments all over the world, year round. They work different from normal Fighting Game tournaments, but I don't really know how different. Either which way, a lot of people can be introduced to fighting games, and I'm excited.

Reactions: Kongk4
Pokémon titles have always been made for fans of all ages, but it looks like Pokkén Tournament will be more for the older fans of the franchise, who are now adults. Tekken series chief producer Katsuhiro Harada recently shared more about the game’s target audience in an interview with 4Gamer.

4Gamer notes that the game’s official website mentions that it says that the game is “not only for children, but for the Pokémon fans who’ve grown up and are in their 20s”. They ask what age demographic the game is aiming for, primarily.

“Naturally, it’s being developed into something that elementary school children can also enjoy, but if we’re talking about age demographics, we’re aiming for something over 18 years of age to the early 30s,” responds Harada.

“When it comes to Pokémon, everyone says they love it up until the fourth grade, and what’s funny is that there are kids who graduate from it after that,” he continues. “Well… it’s not that they ‘graduate,’ since they’re still fans, but they just don’t show [their enthusiasm], and kind of play it more behind-the-scenes.”

Harada points out: “That applies to some of the kids out there. However, for some reason, once they get into their 20s, there are more and more people who enthusiastically share their love for Pokémon.”

“This title is being made as an ‘adult’s Pokémon’ for that generation of people who grew up with Pokémon. Those in their 20s and 30s today have spent a lot of time during their school days with Pokémon, and have some strong memories looking back at the games and anime.”

“And for those people, Pokkén will finally allow them to experience what it’s like to freely move around their favorite Pokémon, and I expect it to be a very impressive title. Please look forward to it.”

Pokkén Tournament will release in 2015 for arcades in Japan.

Source

This is good - at least we know they won't be "dumbing it down" for kids.

saying favorite pokemon is a heavy thing, harada

if don't see my iron giant then we might have ourselves a problem

Reactions: Kongk4 and Φ
Don't know about the spider one.
Like I imagine the sizes will vary but I seriously doubt we're getting anything under 3 feet or over 8.
Golurk might be a long shot at a little over 9, but have it crouch a little and I could see it working.

obviously Galvantula will just be a horde of them
5 Galvantula all at once

I just watched Hawlucha's debut episode on TV today (episodes take extra long to get to Canadian TV) and I gotta say, he's more than a perfect candidate.

Plus he's BAD. ASS.

We need Chesnaught.

Reactions: DDB
We need Chesnaught.
we need Torkoal. how else can we market towards the turtle market?!

but Blastoise is clearly the zoner! you know nothing of Torkoal's work!

I second Joltik/Galvantula. One of my favorites.
I really do hope we get some really unconventional ones. Like...not bipedal or humanoid. like Drifloon idfk.

And Froslass.

I'm hoping for Swalot with a Stockpile mechanic personally.
Did he have one of those in Type Wild, I barely played that game because the only computer I could play it on was a shit.

Magikarp should be playable, and be the hardest character to master, with splash being a high damaging move if used right

Magikarp should be playable, and be the hardest character to master, with splash being a high damaging move if used right
spash tetsuzanko?