• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project X Zone 2

We have some news from the E3 demo. I'll highlight the one everyone wanted.

– E3 demo was a fight outside of what seems to be Kogoro’s headquarters in Shibuya
– Juri Han (Street Fighter) and V-Dural (Virtua Fighter) appear
– The characters repreise their roles as rival units in Brave New World
– Sigma (Mega Man X) makes his debut
– Juri has a newly animated special attack with her known as Kaisen Dankairaku
– Sigma has his scythe and eye lasers
– Kage-Maru replaces Pai Chan to make a new pair unit with Akira Yuki
– Akira excelled at launching enemies upward in the first game
– In this one, his side combos launch an enemy horizontally
– Only his neutral attack seems to launch enemies up
– On the Tekken side, Kazuya Mishima replaces Ling Xiaoyu to make a pair unit with Jin Kazuma
– Their neutral move is Leaping Side Kick & Rising Uppercut
– Left attack is Spinning Flare Kick & Hell Lancer
– Right combo is Savage Sword & Roundhouse to Triple Kick Spin
– Their moves launch the opponent horizontally and excel at keeping the enemy at mid-height in combat
– New to this game: Yakuza: Dead Souls pair Majima and Kiryu
– Their neutral move is Double Yakuza Kick
– Right attack is Backbreaker & Knife Combo
– Left attack is Anti-Materiel Rifle & Shotgun
– These two hit fewer times, but do a lot of damag
– Left attack keeps the enemy floating at mid-height just before the last hit, if you want to use a solo unit to deal cross damage
– X and Zero are together and seemingly playable from the beginning
– Their neutral move is X-Buster and Z-Saber
– Right attack is Triad Thunder and Ryuenjin
– This can be followed up by their left attack, which is Frost Tower & Hadangeki
– Neutral move keeps launches an enemy horizontally
– Directional attacks send enemies straight into the air
– Bandai Namco nods heavily toward Mega Man X3 here, as the pair unit gets a remixed version of the game’s introductory stage as one of their themes
– Get a “Charge Bonus” at the end of every fight scene in the demo
– This seems to power up one, two, or even three of a pair unit’s attacks the next time they fought in battle
– To the bottom right of the XP gauge on the battle screen is a turn counter
– Even if it’s only by a little, the battle system has been sped up
– In the first game, if the player K.O.’s an enemy, they’ll be stuck in the combo until they touch the ground
– This time around, when lethal damage is dealt to an enemy, they will simply disappear in a puff of smoke soon afterward
Clearing the scenario yielded no second wave of enemies, which suggests that there isn’t wave after wave of enemies

– X and Zero are together and seemingly playable from the beginning

Can't say if that's gonna be the case in the full game, but if it is, apparently they took note of all the salty people who got the game for X and Zero only to find out they're literally the last pair unit you get.

Clearing the scenario yielded no second wave of enemies, which suggests that there isn’t wave after wave of enemies

I wouldn't take that as proof, if this is a demo it's probably an earlier stage and even in 1, those stages usually only came with one wave.

– In the first game, if the player K.O.’s an enemy, they’ll be stuck in the combo until they touch the ground
– This time around, when lethal damage is dealt to an enemy, they will simply disappear in a puff of smoke soon afterward

Awwwwwwwwww.
I liked continuing to combo enemies even after they were KO'd.
Plus it was a good XP grinder.

I honestly don't care what they take away or improve the game with. I just want the fucking game.

Can't say if that's gonna be the case in the full game, but if it is, apparently they took note of all the salty people who got the game for X and Zero only to find out they're literally the last pair unit you get.
oh, people will still be upset if regular megaman isn't in it, regardless of how many other megaman characters are in.

Famitsu has an update on Project X Zone 2 this week, including a Japanese release date.

Project X Zone 2 launches in Japan on November 12.

Bandai Namco is also preparing some first-print bonuses and a limited edition, which have been detailed as follows:

– Challenge map DLC titled "The Girl from 10 Years Ago"
– This gives the special item called “Black Hot Pants” when clearing the DLC
– A special 3DS theme will also be part of the first-print bonus
– The limited edition will cost 9,980 yen
– The limited edition is also called the “Original Game Sound Edition”
– The limited edition has a special feature that lets you play using over 60 tracks from the first Project X Zone game
– The limited edition also includes a DLC for “Valkyrie no Boken: Toki no Kagi Densetsu with Xiaomu”
– Basically a special arrangement for Valkyrie no Boken that makes Xiaomu playable
– Special 3DS theme called “Namco X Capcom 10th Anniversary” included in the limited edition version

Famitsu also has information about Project X Zone 2’s new “Mirage Cancel” battle system.

By pressing the “B” button during a regular attack, players can cancel it and enter slow motion so that critical hits can be performed more easily.

We have scans. Reiji and Xiaomu have a new ally it seems. She looks cool. I love the Phoenix and Ulala double finger point on the cover art.

project-x-zone-1-1.jpg
project-x-zone-2-1.jpg

project-x-zone-3-1.jpg

project-x-zone-4-1.jpg

Last edited:
I SEE YOU VERGIL SWORD LOOPS CONFIRMED.

Yeah, but the Spiral Swords weren't.

Vergil was not in PXZ. This is his first debut here.

Oh wait, I thought you meant
the last information famitsu article. No, the last game had Dante and Demitri as a unit.

Also, do we know that the goggle girl is an OC by now? I don't think she was from anything, but,
confirmation?

Also, do we know that the goggle girl is an OC by now? I don't think she was from anything, but,
confirmation?

The new character is named Chizuru Urashima, voiced by Mariko Kouda.

She's the owner of that huge red vehicle, apparently called "Ryuukii Chidou".

Also, the story mentions the two organizations Ouma and Shinra, so I'd expect them to be major players again.

Project X Zone 2 - 3DS - Crossing Paths (Japan Expo Trailer)

I hope Arkham will be in the game as a fucking boss because I want to relive that moment again at 4:36 on the video.
Also, Zero is doing lightning loops? Someone in that department loved MVC 3.

Same trailer except it shows the dlc and extras for the limited edition at 7:15

Project X Zone 2 Delayed to Early 2016 in Europe

Last edited:
To be fair I expected the longer stages later in the game, but how massive they were to traverse is what took most of the time. The 3 levels to race up in the G&G Stage to get to Aura's Fragment for example. Or howsabout the massive final stage where you have to first climb to the top before you could even begin the assault on the final boss.

Honestly the only times PxZ1 ever grated on me in terms of length was, ironically, the two GnG levels. In Astaroth's Castle, there was just one too many waves when the Shielders came out, and the less said about the Stehoneys the better <.<

But, I am glad that Monolith are taking people's criticisms about the game seriously and working to fix them.

I just want the roster to be bigger this time around. I mean 20 pair units were fun, but now we need to expand more.

So far they have announced 14 pair units.

We have three and a half months left to go before it's released in Japan.

That means we have a good portion of returning characters and new ones to be announced. Hopefully more returning from Namco x Capcom.

There is also 1 Franchise not yet touched that Sega can use that is no longer in her agreement with Nintendo.

What are the odds for anyone from any incarnation of Sonic the Hedgehog showing up?

If Sonic characters did get in, which is really really improbable as the series seems to avoid cartoon-ish characters or characters that can't be made not-cartoonish, then I imagine it'd be a Sonic-Shadow pair up.
At least, that's what I'd want <.<

Blaze the Cat.
i want knuckles
you better be talking about best Knuckles.
the one who doesn't get told which way is north.

More characters reveals via Gematsu.
  • Pair Unit: Chun-Li (Street Fighter) and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken)
  • Pair Unit: Demetri Maximoff and Morrigan Aensland (Darkstalkers)
  • Solo Unit: Pai Chan (Virtua Fighter)
  • Solo Unit: Hibana (Nightshade (The Shinobi Series))
  • Solo Unit: Alisa Illinichina Amiella (God Eater 2)

I spy a Mokujin returning from NxC.

project-x-zone-2-3.jpg

So Pai and Alisa have went towards the solo unit route while Chun-Li and Xiaoyu have formed "Team China."
I have been waiting years for Demitri and Morrigan to be a pair since the NxC days and now I'm happy it's going to happen.
But the biggest shock for me is Hibana being revealed. If Sega reveals one more certain ninja for this roster then I will just buy two copies of this game.
Fuck, Natsu. I'm pairing Hibana up with Strider and Hotsuma.

Please send me the second copy. I'll test it and make sure it works from start to end for you

I want Boom Knuckles to team up with Knuckles

they could be called Knuckles & Knuckles

and whenever you tell Knuckles to go up he just goes the other way and yells about how nobody tells Knuckles which way is north.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magma442
Frank and Chuck. Please.

And is it a problem that I've beaten PxZ1 4 times?

I am the North in all our hearts :3

now I wish that I was Boom Knuckles so that I wouldn't know where North was

fMjylpG.jpg

In a preview for this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine, it was announced that Saya, the main antagonist from Namco X Capcom will be back as a villain in Project X Zone 2: Brave New World. The magazine issue is also expected to have more on a new system and other information.
We’ll have details up once they become available.

I spy a Sylphie returning from NxC and Miyuki from Namco's Ordyne.
So we now have shops again!
Two shop sellers would be interesting as a pair unit.

Wait a minute? Sylphie, a shop owner from Capcom and now Miyuki, a shop owner from Namco?
Sega please add this motherfucker as your shop owner to complete the trinity.
It would be...
inMCgLCOtcdkH.gif

You're kidding, right? We really need the amazing Olcadan and the amazing shop mades from SCIII.
Nah Rodin best choice

Famitsu has posted a new online preview for Project X Zone 2.
The screenshots show Namco x Capcom antagonist Saya, new character Sheath, Sylphie from Forgotten Worlds, and Miyuki from Ordyne.

project-x-zone-2-s-2.jpg

project-x-zone-2-s-9.jpg
project-x-zone-2-s-12.jpg

Also shown in the screenshots are some of the different systems.
Primarily, Famitsu provides information about customization points, which are awarded after players clear battles.

project-x-zone-2-s-16.jpg

These points can be used to upgrade character skills by up to eight levels as well as introduce entirely new moves.
Project X Zone 2 also features different skills that are automatically executed when certain conditions are met, which require customization points.

project-x-zone-2-s-13.jpg
project-x-zone-2-s-14.jpg

Last edited: