• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project X Zone 2

So it's an actual natural evolution to the system in order to keep things flashy, but introduce new elements and new moves for chars to keep things from getting stale?

*clap clap* I'll admit, I was really annoyed at this game at first, and still have some personal wishes that won't come true for it, but the choices and changes being made seem to make this appear to be a possibly great game. Hopefully the upgrade system keeps things meaningful. There are too many games out there where the upgrade system means bugger all or starts chars out too limited. Hopefully they get it balanced right :D

It would be the best game ever if we could play as this guy.
Segata Sanshiro
tumblr_m9l4hmb81X1qg6ae4o1_500.jpg
This is now the best game ever.

I believed and it came true. I can't wait to hear his remix theme.
I also better get quote references with him and Sakura about their live action commercials for Sakura Taisen.
This better be his super ender.

original.gif

They also have a blurred image on the site of the scans with more characters. Mainly more villians.

55e84b4b6a529.jpg

I definitely see Baby Bonnie Hood above Segata's portrait on the right.​

• Captain Commando (Captain Commando, Capcom)
  • Heihachi Mishima (Tekken, Bandai Namco).

KDKFKFJFJRIFJFMSKSKKSMSMXMXOXXKDKDODIDJMDM

I hope theres some BB hood the game needs more Darkstalker love.

I think BB Hood would probably be one of the lower tier darkstalker characters for them to bring in.
I think if anyone is coming in it's Jon Talbain.

I think BB Hood would probably be one of the lower tier darkstalker characters for them to bring in.
I think if anyone is coming in it's Jon Talbain.
Well if they added Talbain I'd just be pissed he wasn't teamed with Felicia

My ships

Well if they added Talbain I'd just be pissed he wasn't teamed with Felicia

My ships
You would like the Udon comic then.

Also BB hood is above Segata. So YESSS!

New Preview Update

PXZ2_Fami-shot_09-09-15_033.jpg

Graphinica is handling the opening animation, under the supervision of Yasutoshi Iwasaki. A number of characters will appear.
The opening theme is called “Sekai ha Hitotsu no Budai,” and the ending theme is called “Tsuki Akari no Curtain Call.”
Both are composed by Yuzo Koshiro, with lyrics by Monolith Soft’s Souichirou Morizumi and vocals by Marina.

ZQGJEqx.jpg
hctdwrD.jpg

1KbqvT8.jpg
ynIlFjt.jpg

Yesterday, thanks to an early Famitsu leak, we heard about three new characters for Project X Zone 2.
We learned that Segata Sanshiro will be included in the game as a solo unit, along with Heihachi, June Lin Milliam, and Captain Commando.

kSRnfbL.jpg

Famitsu has now published its article online, and another round of characters have been revealed.
Zephyr and Vashyron from Resonance will be a pair unit in Project X Zone 2.

d0W4Rkk.jpg

That’s in addition to Reanbell – from the same game – who acts as a solo unit.

ePLxQeP.jpg
WBD2jAW.jpg

FGFUkuX.jpg
VQqVQAl.jpg

Finally, we have some news about enemies.
Zagi from Tales of Vesperia, Baby Bonnie Hood from Darkstalkers, Azure Kite from .hack//G.U., and Shadow from Space Channel 5 will be encountered.

Last edited:
Bro don't you worry about me I'm gonna have a full fucking write up on this when I get to my computer.

Just know that I near had a heart attack when I saw.

Azure Kite's a villain...but...but...I mean...spoilers for an old game, but Azure Kite is under the control of Aura...and she was a good NPC in the first. I mean, they did bring Skeith into the first instead of Morgana or Cubia, which would actually make sense under the rules for how the The Wave works, but now I sense contrived plot points, and it makes me sad...

That Phoenux wright and Maya vs a tyrant is an instant buy for me now.

Bro don't you worry about me I'm gonna have a full fucking write up on this when I get to my computer.
Just know that I near had a heart attack when I saw.
darn those characters from the first game are in the second game
what a shocker this must be

I know it's probably not going to happen but I hope this time we get some English VA for this game if it comes out in the west.

darn those characters from the first game are in the second game
what a shocker this must be

I honestly thought that, as fairly unpopular and non-unique characters from an obscure RPG that Sega made for a last-gen console and haven't really acknowledged since, there was a low low chance that they would return.
I was scared man, and I just wasn't expecting it. I was expecting Segata, but then the RoF crew came in out of nowhere and I was freaking out.

Anyways, yeah, that write up.

*ahem*
As one of five people who actually are super into Resonance of Fate, I noticed a lot of things in the PxZ2 info dump we just got. Like a lot of really minute things.

And I wanna talk about those things kinda formally real fast, cause, well, no one else is gonna.

So this is Box’s
List of Attacks and References I Can Glean from 4 Screenshots
First off Zephyr, cause he’s got the shortest list. It’s all stuff from PxZ1.
tumblr_inline_nuf82akYuf1r6ofcp_540.png

He’s got his reverse aerial spray.
tumblr_inline_nuf82oFmM31r6ofcp_540.png

And here he is getting ready to do his signature, slide on the ground and fire into the air attack. Or getting hit by Leanne’s frying pan. One of the two.

And then Vashyron, who only has one new attack that we can see.
tumblr_inline_nuf84phApA1r6ofcp_540.png

It’s based on his running forward grenade toss animation, but he seems to be staying still while doing it, so it’s moreso just a reference to how he likes to kick grenades.

Leanne’s single new attack, however, is a bit more interesting, as it’s not based on anything she does in actual gameplay.
tumblr_inline_nuf87194gP1r6ofcp_540.png

I mean, she has a melee attack with a similar animation, but it’s with a knife, not a frying pan.

The frying pan surprisingly has a lot of context to it.

The short of it is, Zephyr was being a broody JRPG protagonist this one time, so Leanne hit him over the head with a frying pan.

The long of it is, before the events of the game, Zephyr was a super soldier-style experimental project and so he had the prerequisite going crazy and killing a bunch of people in a mindless rage moment and then years later when the witness to the crime came back to try and kill him and called him out on the horrible crime he committed so after beating him Zephyr falls deep into self-loathing and stuff, but he says he doesn’t want to die until he can make sure Leanne is happy and so Leanne hit him over the head with a frying pan.

Speaking of which, that kind of brings us to the last move which has caught my attention, what looks to be Zephyr and Vashyron’s super.
tumblr_nuf1pa9fMg1uwmjpeo2_400.jpg

This is where the speculation part comes in, but,

back in Project X Zone 1, Zephyr and Leanne’s super also was not based on anything from gameplay, instead it was based on the cutscene in which Zephyr and Leanne first meet, and Resonance of Fate’s new game cinematic, where Leanne, convinced that she is about to die, attempts suicide in order to go out on her own terms. Zephyr sees her, shoots a rope, swings on it in order to catch and save her, but then the rope snaps and they both fall several thousand feet, but don’t die for plot related reasons.

Like, there is a reason, but it’s too convoluted for me to go into, and gets into endgame spoilers.

So, I’m thinking that Zephyr and Vashyron’s super would be based on the first time they ever met, and the opening cinematic to Resonance of Fate, the one that plays before the main menu. And it is a much different scene. The backgrounds line up near perfectly and it even looks like Vashyron is about to slam someone’s head into a wall, the way he did in that scene.

Furthermore, it does look like there’s gonna be TWO Resonance of Fate stages this time around.
tumblr_nuf1pa9fMg1uwmjpeo4_400.jpg

This one seems to be the return of the Forest of Idols, with the awkward Leanne statue still in place
tumblr_inline_nuf9kadLuL1r6ofcp_540.png

but since there’s a second Basel stage, it seems like the group will actually be going to the tower instead of just a simulation of it.
tumblr_nuf1pa9fMg1uwmjpeo1_400.jpg

I might be wrong on this, but it looks like this location is Square Garden, the location of Chapter 12, where Zephyr and Leanne were hired to be decoys for a Cardinal getting married while simultaneously Vashyron was hired to kidnap said Cardinal’s bride. Daddy does not approve.
tumblr_inline_nufa8xMUBC1r6ofcp_540.png

This Chapter is particularly noteworthy as it’s one of the few times you play as only one character, in this case Vashyron.

And on a final note, we do get a look at one new Resonance of Fate enemy.

A Fire Yeti.

tumblr_inline_nufa8g4scL1r6ofcp_540.png

It’s a yeti.

With a fire stick.

Who breathes fire.

Still no Frank and/or Chuck is upsetting and worrying me.

I'm surprised a second Space Channel 5 rep got in and it wasn't Pudding
yay Segata, you should've been playable in Sanic Racing Transformed
When's Lady

There are some images from the scans that haven't shown up online yet.

tumblr_nufgpz5uRN1qlzy1qo1_540.jpg

Apparently the frying pan is Leanne's finishing attack.
Also Goro, Leanne, and Ulala hanging out at the bottom there is adorable.

tumblr_nufgpz5uRN1qlzy1qo2_540.jpg

CONFIRMATION OF THE SEGATA SWARM!

Someone please find out if giant ethereal god Segata is in the game.

Why is B. B. Hood an an enemy? I mean, I know she's a Darkstalker Hunter, but I'd figure she'd have enough rational sense to realize now's not the time.

Why is B. B. Hood an an enemy? I mean, I know she's a Darkstalker Hunter, but I'd figure she'd have enough rational sense to realize now's not the time.

she hunts all Darkstalkers even nice ones. So BB hood is essentially racist

She once started to gun down a family of innocent werewolves simply because she could/she particularly hates werewolves
It's also heavily implied that her being so evil and batshit crazy is how she is able to even damage certain characters, as normally humans don't have the luxury of simply fighting even lower-level Darkstalkers
That's how much of a bitch Bonnie is

Anyway, I wonder if Segata needed any extra licensing for Mr. Fujioka's likeness, or if he's simply another character that Sega owns copyright-wise who happens to have been live-action only for a time

She once started to gun down a family of innocent werewolves simply because she could/she particularly hates werewolves
It's also heavily implied that her being so evil and batshit crazy is how she is able to even damage certain characters, as normally humans don't have the luxury of simply fighting even lower-level Darkstalkers
That's how much of a bitch Bonnie is

Anyway, I wonder if Segata needed any extra licensing for Mr. Fujioka's likeness, or if he's simply another character that Sega owns copyright-wise who happens to have been live-action only for a time

He's probably Kevin Butler-esque, owned by the company

I think Fujioka was probably like "yo, you want me to record some lines? I'm not doing any Karate Bugmen movies until later this year"

You see,kids
True love between a man and his anime waifu can be achieved.

what you don't realize that in the commercial, Segata killed thousands of enemies because they kept trying to interupt his date.

Holy Shit CapCom.

Captain_Commando_1_1441877367.jpg
Captain_Commando_2_1441877367.jpg

Calm down on the cameo summons. Ulala is giving me too much nostalgia as it is.​

I wonder if this means Devilotte won't return, being the Capcom cameo summoner from the last game.

Yes! Hiroshi Fujioka has confirmed that he'll be voicing Segata in Project X Zone 2!

Kos-Mos better return. She has been in every crossover game since Namco X Capcom, that's including the Mugen no Frontier games as well.

They're probably saving her for the October issue if I had to guess.

Last edited:
Is there going to be new main characters like the past 2 games for this game or will they just be reused from the old games.

Is there going to be new main characters like the past 2 games for this game or will they just be reused from the old games.

Reiji and Xiamou are the main characters this time. No new originals.