• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Administrative PSA: Big changes are coming to Skullheart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pls let me keep Santa Rodin until Christmas

No. He is an undesirable in the way of the progress of the Skullheart forums.

Initiating selection of new, random avatar, fitting for the new era... avatar chosen. Chosen avatar: purple cat-sea urchin child in Little Innsmouth. Initiating replacement process...

What does this thread have to do with the game?

...you can still post about Pokemon you just gotta do it on the official Nintendo forums or something
(Not replying in defence of Zorua BTW)

Because everyone obviously likes every single forum website, community, and can easily go meet all of their friends in whichever place they just so happen to choose.* Absolutely no one has any gripes with those places (compared to here), use the same username, and/or can't easily socialize with a completely different environment.

Now on to being serious, I know that you don't care about the OT section or where the posters, that spawned from it, go. But I would think that you're smart enough to know that that doesn't hold a lot of water.

*Yes, if those "friends" were true friends, they would PM one another and agree to meet up on some different forum. However, that's an argument I (or anyone) can't really comment (much) about. It just may not be THAT easy for everyone.

So. There was some stuff I wanted to say. I typed it all up, then I stopped caring about posting it because it legit looks like it doesn't matter what anyone says or wants, this looks like it's staying. Which is fucked up, cause I thought we were a community not a government.

The last thing I'll probably say is that the forums for Tekken, Soul Caliber, SRK, Ehubs, Mortal Kombat, and Smash, all have a General Discussion/Off-Topic subforum without their world burning down, with Dustloop (one of the least popular) being the exception. I like being a part of this community, but what the fuck Skullheart, what are you doing. There is a non-negligible number of us that are saying "please don't do this" who are seemingly being ignored. There's a reason we're all here instead of talking gameplay on Dustloop/SRK or talking lore on Tumblr/Reddit or going and having off-topic discussions on 4chan/any-other-site, and that reason is because this is our place, and that makes it more than just a forum for us to talk about Skullgirls.

Soo we have 41 users and 13 guests watching this thread ATM.

I don't know what I was going with this information. I'll just leave it here!

You are a special type of bitter.

You can't play violin. I can't either, but still, Sonicfox won.

(mic drop)

Well, I'll stick around, I'm not at all confident in posting in the gameplay threads, so I'll return to lurking the Peacock and Big Band subfourms till SH goes to to the shitter due to lack of avid fourm goers. Twas fun while it lasted I suppose.

Oh we are being serious with posting here?

I would say a universal change to the forum you moderate, a change that heavily effects several users on this forums, a change that is currently being heavily disputed, one that could very well change Skullheart's posters and the way they interact with each other, perhaps even the community of the game as a whole, is worth taking at least somewhat seriously. Not to tell you how to do your job, of course.

I'm not saying the mods are exempt from this, I'm saying that this thread started out heated but at least there was serious discussion. Now the posts in here just make everybody look stupid.

What it says about the mods is not my problem; how stupid they make themselves look is up to them but this shit is exactly why they feel the need to ax OT in the first place.
Again, if they don't want this stuff happening, then they might as well just shut down Skullheart, ban everyone, and reopen it to only allow those they deem able to be serious.

Now on to being serious, I know that you don't care about the OT section or where the posters, that spawned from it, go. But I would think that you're smart enough to know that that doesn't hold a lot of water.
I guess I don't? I post on a lot of forums. I post about Skullgirls here and about my other interests elsewhere. I guess I don't see why that's not an option for people.

Again, if they don't want this stuff happening, then they might as well just shut down Skullheart, ban everyone, and reopen it to only allow those they deem able to be serious.

That just sounds like a backroom.
Does Skulheart want a backroom?
Because if so you could just make a backroom.
Instead of like, destroying an entire genre, for lack of a better word, of posts.

Fair enough, I don't like the changes myself but I think that this is getting silly.

I guess I don't? I post on a lot of forums. I post about Skullgirls here and about my other interests elsewhere. I guess I don't see why that's not an option for people.

It's not that this isn't an option, it's that people would rather not do it. You could go to SRK or Dustloop to talk about Street Fighter or Guilty Gear since that's what those forums are supposed to be for, but Skullheart is comfy.

Hey broskies maybe this mini anarchy in here is a sign
The natural order is disorder after all
Looking at another way, exploding the OT section caused it to splatter all over SH
Now it's everywhere

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
at least there is the social thread, the last bastion of fun.

It's not that this isn't an option, it's that people would rather not do it. You could go to SRK or Dustloop to talk about Street Fighter or Guilty Gear since that's what those forums are supposed to be for, but Skullheart is comfy.
Sure, it's inconvenient. I don't think that alone is enough to provoke the sort of reaction here, where people are comparing the moderation staff to tyrants, or the Chinese government, or whatever. I don't exactly approve of deleting off topic, I just think people are over reacting.

VdPlLvL.gif

I don't exactly approve of deleting off topic, I just think people are over reacting.

Huh... I thought I read a post by you that said the opposite of that. Guess that was just my brain playing tricks on me.

Also, if I may something in my defense, I felt like I was cornered for venting an opinion off of my chest, and some of the sarcasm from the mods (read as "Number 13") didn't exactly help. I got provoked, and I don't react the most intelligently when I get like that. Including making really shit analogies. For this, I apologize.

Skullheart would be (much) better if it started without an off topic section.

But it didn't, so you have to hold that shit imo. Just gives people the wrong antagonizing vibe to up and change it now. I would love to see stricter rules for OT in place if it were to stay, though.

I don't think it would be. The last thing my childhood needs is the news getting in on it, and then making an April Fool's report on the location of Santa's Workshop.

Last edited:
Everyone take a breather and come back. We can talk this out.

The internet went down a bit here. Something like that happend to you to?

I'm about 95% sure this is a ruse at this point, made to scare people into paying more attention to gameplay threads.

If there's a God in this universe, then never.
PLZ ZEUS NO
hey man, maybe one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.