• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shantae Series

and even then I still wasn't racist.

why am I not surprised? :PUN:because I'm not a fucking racist

You've got to admit that it's very easy to mistake what you were saying then and now as racism, especially when you're being very unclear. Hey, as long as nobody thinks Shantae should be white then there's nothing more to say.
The weird thing is that this is the second time Den and Sano have had this conversation.
I'm sorry but you are not one of the people allowed to call me that.
You will refer to me as Sgt. Zen.

I'm sorry but you are not one of the people allowed to call me that.
You will refer to me as Sgt. Zen.

Whatever you say Pvt. Den.

as long as nobody insinuates I'm racist, I am okay. I take it as an extreme personal offense regardless of the situation. gets me very salty.

anywho, I really am still hoping we can somehow reach voice actors for the kickstarter. if it's still going anyway.

Whatever you say Pvt. Den.
See you think that's funny nigga but I'm gonna choke you out if I see you on the streets.

Reactions: Ktulu
See you think that's funny nigga but I'm gonna choke you out if I see you on the streets.
you know you can get arrested for things like that, right?

you know you can get arrested for things like that, right?
Oh my gosh, arrested? I had no idea that police might come after me if I were to assault a person! Everything I was saying about choking out Zeriam was completely serious and devoid of any knowledge that there might be legal consequences for my actions! Thank you Kamen Rider Sano for educating me and stopping me from doing something I might regret! You are so not a nerd!
Holy shit man you really know how to kill a joke, you are so dull it's not even funny.

So are there any chances for Half-Genie Hero coming to Steam or other consoles?
I'm sure as Hell not buying a Wii-U.

yeah. half genie-hero is gonna be on pretty much everything.

more specifically: PC, PSN, Vita, Wii U, XBLA
that was a joke? I neeeeeeeeeeeeever woulda guessed.

Last edited:

And I'll look at you and say, "Hey, Den. How ya been?"

Ya'll motherfuckers playing with a bull at this point lol.

Shantae And The Pirate’s Curse Details
– Risky appears at the start of the game with a prospect of an alliance
– The remnants of Shantae’s magic have transformed Risky’s crew of Tinkerbats
– They seek to revive Risky’s former mentor, the Pirate Master
– Shantae and Risky form a temporary truce
– The game is as long as the original Shantae and Risky’s Revenge combined
– Travel beyond the shores of Sequin Land to investigate 6 islands
– Each has its own labyrinth and boss
– Grid-based map
– Shantae can use her hair as a whip per usual and Fighter’s Gear
– Fighter’s Gear: ability enhancements back from the original game
– Shantae also have access to Pirate Gear
– Puff open a pirate hat to glide over gaps or ride currents
– Use a cannon to propel Shantae skyward
– Whip out a flintlock pistol to target foes from a distance
– Strap on a pair of Risky’s boots to charge at enemies with scimitar at hand
– Shantae’s friends are back like Sky, Bolo, and Rottytops
– New faces as well such as Death itself
– Loose ends will be tied up in the story
– Learn more about several characters on a personal level
– Risky’s history with Pirate Master will be explained, and you’ll discover how she became drawn to a life of villainy
– Inti Creates made 100+ character illustrations in place of in-house artwork
– Hundreds of voice clips
– Jake Kaufman is leading the score
– Unlock a “Pirate Mode” after clearing the game once
– WayForward isn’t saying what this is, but you might be able to play as Risky Boots
– Wii U version will support the Wii U Pro Controller and off-TV play
– High-definition visuals as well

Last edited:
can't wait to play the game. nice and long, finally getting voice clips, diving more into the story.

MMPH! so good!

The release date is October 23rd right? I'll buy it day one, I'll finally have a reason to pick up my 3DS.

Reactions: SkullMan
Ergh! Watching that vid reminded me that now Twitch has deleted most of Wayforward's archives from the Kickstarter last year. That included their playthrough of the Pirate's Curse Beta, their developer commentaries on Shantae 1, and the bits they showed off from the scrapped GBA Shantae. There was a lot of juicy information in there that was worth a rewatch.

Darn, I hope they do more dev streams at some point.

Did Risky push Shantae in a bathtub across town?

Last edited:
The game looks a lot faster paced this time around, which is good 'cause that was my main problem with the original. I'm glad to hear that this game is going to be much longer, Risky's Revenge was great but I wanted more content. Here's hoping that there's still a reason for Shantae to dance even without genie powers, that's like her whole shtick.

On an unrelated note, I have to admit that I'm slightly hypocritical about my views of the race and outfit color thing. It is in my powerful and unquestionable opinion that tanned skin and bleached hair is the best combination possible and it is something that I would like to do in the future.

Last edited:
I'm almost afraid to play this because I'm afraid it's going to have a downer ending like Risky's Revenge did.
I want Shantae to get her Genie powers back, damnit!

Pirate's Curse is out.

In North America.

424.gif

I'll switch places with you any day.

Reactions: Denizen
I'll switch places with you any day.

Not tomorrow please, tomorrow is Taco-Friday! You can have Monday, Monday is shit anyways.

Motherfucker I want some tacos.

Probably won't be able to play the game since I'm PC-only, but I'm curious whether the tunes played here and here were made specifically for the trailers or are they part of the actual in-game soundtrack of Pirate's Curse. If it's the latter, I'm pretty hype for said soundtrack.

The soundtrack is up on virt's site. Its pretty great.

Between this and Shovel Knight, I hope one day Lab Zero would ask him to make a guest track for SG. His sound would totally fit with Robo-Fortune, I think. Or any reason really.

Everything he does is super fun.

Last edited:
I have a PS3 and a PC );

My hope is that, someday, in the future it is released for PC (playing Risky's Revenge right now). Preferably with controller compabilty.

Meanwhile, I am missing this: (Spoilers with no context)

tumblr_ndzeq3Id4h1sn9meso1_1280.png

Cristina Vee as Shantae makes me happy

I have heard lines in a let's play video. Really good.

Reactions: SanoBaron
The soundtrack is up on virt's site. Its pretty great.
Well now. Bought, thanks!

It's 20$ right? That's pretty good if they aren't exaggerating the length of the game.
I'll pick it up at some point, but not now. It would just be another distraction.