• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

honestly when P5 was announced and the theme was about being tied down by society, I was expecting it to tackle some heavier issues with the characters, like an ex-con, or a druggie, or the homeless and stuff like that
It would have been pretty bold for this day and age of sanitized anime shit, the kinda stuff people expect from Persona

but nah, we get everyone lookin' like tools and STEALING HEARTS

Red Letter Media comes to mind

"You think they'll do [thing]?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"Because that would be really interesting."

Jokes aside, I'm sure it'll be decent like I said (and I actually like most of the character designs), just looks like too much of a remix of p3/p4. I enjoyed those games, but not enough that I'd take a third helping right now.

Last edited:
This is a surprise. Both Atlus Japan and Atlus USA have posted a SMT4A video that jokes about how they named it outside Japan.

Reactions: Notkastar
P5's full battle theme ladies and gents

Da new ranking: A Lone Prayer>Last Surprise>Wiping All Out>Light the Fire Up In the Night>Reach Out To the Truth>Mass Destruction>Time To Make History>Whatever garbage was in P2

Is the full OST out yet?

All of the P5 music got taken down?

They never saw it comin'.

Not surprised. Atlus is going all out in trying to stop spoilers this time around, to the point where they've banned showing off pretty much anything past the title screen. Doesn't mean there aren't spoilers floating around the net, though, so be wary as always unless you're a spoiler hound.

I can confirm ending spoilers are out in the wild now.

Speaking of, if you somehow miraculously avoided Final spoilers, that just leaked in English so you be careful around that as well.

I've surprisingly remained spoiler-free up until now for Apocalypse/Final.

I've done that by forgetting it existed until now.

To be honest the reason I actually got hyped for Final was because the spoilers, sounds way more interesting than IV.

Here's some spoilers you'll care about. And it's the only spoilers about P5 I'll post here. It's the final boss theme. It's amazing.
I feel that it is my duty to share it.

I think I'm hallucinating.

At first,I thought,oh shields,what?That's not very ani-what?Huh?Who?
How did this conversation even go about between companies?

DLC costumes have been found anD THEY ARE HYPE AS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

CSgh0MP.png

nXSbXH7.png

s4iZZ5b.jpg

dd8M9N3.jpg

m2RmELT.jpg

mpzHYA2.png

TScrL7H.jpg

gITZmhf.jpg

fGEx4g9.jpg

3HIfWI9.png

dlc costumes are what's considered "hype" these days
the state of things, I swear

Just DLC is nothing.

BUT WE GOT RAIDOU.

YES BUT FOR NOW I'LL SETTLE.

Suddenly they remembered persona 1 and 2. But not enough to reference them in a meaningful way on the newer games.

Or bring the persona 2 EP relaunch on psp to the west

Suddenly they remembered persona 1 and 2. But not enough to reference them in a meaningful way on the newer games.

I sure there going to have at least one story related reference too.
Like how Persona 4's cast went to Gekkoukan High School.
Also how they meet up P3's cast in about 3 spin off games.
(They've been pretty good when it comes to references to there last games so I don't see why one of there most hyped games would be any different dude =)

Plus

DLC costumes have been found anD THEY ARE HYPE AS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

CSgh0MP.png

nXSbXH7.png

s4iZZ5b.jpg

dd8M9N3.jpg

m2RmELT.jpg

mpzHYA2.png

TScrL7H.jpg

gITZmhf.jpg

fGEx4g9.jpg

3HIfWI9.png

OH My God It's Catherine!!! (๑•͈ᴗ•͈)
mpzHYA2.png

I Need All Of This In My Life!

I mean, they also did that in the Arena games.
and Dancing All Night.

At this point I want to believe that they have settled on the current design choices for Persona (teens, high school focus, social links, etc) and just throw us these bones to keep us complacent. As if a cosmetic option will ever replace an actual game.

I'd kill for an official release of EP PSP though.

I'd kill for an official release of EP PSP though.
I'd settle for that fan translation at this point.

I just want a big budget SMT V with these sexy new HD demon models.

I'd settle for that fan translation at this point.
At that point I might as well just play the original EP again.

If the standard for amazing designs is Baofu,then it would be pretty accurate to say this entire series is full of shit designs.

will we ever get a design as goddamn fucking amazing as Baofu again
sources point to no
The real question is, will we ever get a character as well written and badass as Baofu?

Reactions: Stairwayyy and Ruin
I mean, they also did that in the Arena games.
and Dancing All Night.
Was Tatsuya, Ekichi, Lisa, Maya or Nanjo playable or appearing with full sprite/3d model and plot relevance in any of these?

Someone at atlus decided to bury persona 1/2 very deep and keep any link between the series' origin and the social link generation reduced to minimal name drops and speculative theories.

Dude I'd sell my soul to Beelzebub if a character from Persona 1 or 2 got an actual appearance in 5 with a 3D model
I'm that confident it won't happen.

Was Tatsuya, Ekichi, Lisa, Maya or Nanjo playable or appearing with full sprite/3d model and plot relevance in any of these?

Someone at atlus decided to bury persona 1/2 very deep and keep any link between the series' origin and the social link generation reduced to minimal name drops and speculative theories.
no, I meant they added in the plaettes of characters from previous series into those games.
if they wanted to fucking bury them they wouldn't acknowledge them period.
they'd actually pretend they dont even exist as a product.
chill out.

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
Imo since the development team has shifted so much might as well give 1 and 2 full on remakes into the style of 3 and 4. I love 2 and think it should be.popular just because its a good set of games, but is rather see these great characters pulled to the front via a new experience and let the old one speak for itself to any who gain interest than just sit around grumbling so much about it. You have enough characters between both persona 2 games to form multiple 4 person parties like in 3 and 4 So I don't really see why that wouldn't work