• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

jhXQLeM.png

Reactions: Stairwayyy
I swear to god if that's an actual twist
I really will not know how to feel

So is death meaningless in this game

Apocalypse I mean.

Kaneko's style is meant to make humans look "plain". It gives them a bigger contrast to its demons. Compare the expression of a Nocturne human to takemikazuchi (an humanoid demon), for example. Yet, they gain more and more distinguishing features the more they cast away their humanity. Not only on their faces, but the "standard expression" and body language (poses and animations) also grow. Nocturne has perfect examples of this, but if you see how the Russian girl standard expression changes in Strange Journey on her big plot moment.

Also, the "porcelain doll" finish applied to his art is pretty charming
I do notice what Sano is talking about though. When I think of humans Kaneko has drawn I notice that he has a much more limited range of features he can draw. And while Nocturne and DDS do center around a lot of expressionless characters, if you take away their hair, hats, facial hair you get the same eyes, eyebrows, noses, and mouths.

Although most of the same face I would attribute to Kaneko is limited to the PS2 generation.

Anyone got to late game 4a yet? I wanna know if the fiends are still around. Wanna fight Chemtrail and tear my hair out at the 6 turn status effect spam again.

That and chemtrail is a unique design compared to the other fiends and I like it a lot for that.

I beat it yesterday. Fiends have a dedicated dungeon this time, thankfully.

Love the aleph callback
tumblr_static_ncn0x1xymz4c488c8skcg4k0.gif

It's only missing Mr. Thriller

Reactions: Notkastar
I'm like 8ish hours into Apocalypse, Krishna and his goons just showed up. I dunno, the game hasn't really grabbed me yet. I think the moment SMTIV grabbed me was when you and your samurai pals first see Tokyo from inside the Sky Tower and it's like shit bro.

I also feel like Tokyo itself loses some of the atmosphere it had in vanilla IV as well.

I still think it's weird how clearly good and evil are defined in Apocalypse. Like, there's basically no reason NOT to trust the power of friendship.

Not having played Apocalypse yet, I might comment that the series has always felt like that to me.

With very rare exceptions, neutral is the route of idealism and humanity, and law/chaos are pumping unsustainable levels of gigaHitlers per day.

What separates it from other, shittier alignment systems in other games is that it's generally set up so that the nature of the other factions feels like a surprise, and their motivations are understandable (if not commendable) given the messed up world that each game tends to build.

there's basically no reason NOT to trust the power of friendship.
They don't really establish they're going to overthrow YHVH on that route prior to you making the choice, so there is that

So uh

Is there any reason to use Gaston outside of the Shesha fights

All he does is steal press-turns.

Yeah but Toki does that without taking up MY turns.

Gaston acts 7, what's your point?

Navarre becomes irrelevant once you get Luster Candy

Dagda confirmed to be 13 and into Linkin Park

AEiYH1_f6Wyraf8vwR3Jzix_d2hWapyH5MAGSQn-mwI.jpg

To all of you talking shit about Navarre, AKA the best character in the game

latest

Finally,Navarre is doing what his character was always meant to do

Finally,Navarre is doing what his character was always meant to do
is that Alucard in your profile pic? Like during that one time when he was a 15yo chick?

is that Alucard in your profile pic? Like during that one time when he was a 15yo chick?
Nope.It's a character from Fate/Grand Order,a game you SHOULD NEVER PLAY,lest you want to become a hope- depleted shell.It's Oda Nobunaga.

Nope.It's a character from Fate/Grand Order,a game you SHOULD NEVER PLAY,lest you want to become a hope- depleted shell.It's Oda Nobunaga.
You should take a GOOD nobunaga next time

latest

Reactions: Stairwayyy
Dagda confirmed to be 13 and into Linkin Park
While all his anti-cooperation rants were rather much, I enjoyed his actual motivation for being such a bitter asshole.

Asahi gets on my nerves so damn much. Also the game, despite having Law and Chaos paths iirc doesnt seem to put any real emphasis on them. The only real two you get dont bring it up much (Gaston is more out to inflate his ego than champion the Law side while Hallelujah is just a nice little buddy to have for the road trip)...

Well, Law and Chaos are legitimately just not paths for Apocalypse.

You just get Good Guy Neutral and Bad Guy Neutral.

Law and Chaos are like the White ending in SMT4, ending the game earlier.

Asahi's only redeeming factor is that she's cute.
So cute I could just eat her up.

So it looks like funky costumes aren't the only DLC for P5. Personas from the P4 Arena Spinoffs and Messiah are also joining in!

Ariadne-P5-Persona.jpg

Asterius-P5-Persona.jpg

Tsukiyomi-P5-Persona.jpg

Persona-5-Messiah-DLC.jpg

Reactions: Notkastar
So it looks like funky costumes aren't the only DLC for P5. Personas from the P4 Arena Spinoffs and Messiah are also joining in!

Ariadne-P5-Persona.jpg

Asterius-P5-Persona.jpg

Tsukiyomi-P5-Persona.jpg

Persona-5-Messiah-DLC.jpg
Who is the persona together with messiah?

I think they're meant to be evolved versions of those personas.