• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

It means that they're gonna use glasses AND evokers.

"Yo dawg, I heard you like Persona so we put glasses in your gun so you can reach out to the truth while you burn my dread." *xzibit.jpg*
I never liked the evokers. They felt like they were trying to make the game edgier by making the characters look like they were shooting themselves in the head. I just don't think the P4 cast needs them.

They don't. The original purpose of the evokers was to make it easier for the p3 cast to drive out their persona due to the artificial stress it can cause. Hell, Yukari got all traumatic because it literally feels like you are about to commit suicide.

Eventually (by P4A) they can summon their personas without having to rely on their evokers, but still use it since it pretty much became a ritual for them. The P4 cast never had to rely on stress/unstable emotion to command their persona (They come out as tarot cards) since they met that pre request by "facing themselves" resulting into a stronger bond with their persona.

What we don't know is how the P4 cast would use their personas outside the TV World since they never tried to before.

I meant I just never liked the concept of them, since they weren't used in previous persona games.

I meant I just never liked the concept of them, since they weren't used in previous persona games.

Hm, I get you there. When I showed my friend the Evokers, he also went "wat even is this, why". It's a big shock if you're not aware of the theme of death and life that the game portrays, along with why they even needed them in the first place. Even if you are, its still pretty awkward to play in front your family, haha. Once you get used to it, though, it kinda looks cool. Guess the P3 cast just got used to doing it.

What we don't know is how the P4 cast would use their personas outside the TV World since they never tried to before.

Probably just how they use them in the TV world. The P3 characters in their stories commented that the TV world had a "heavy" atmosphere, similar to Tartarus and the Dark Hour. Plus, they were able to use their Personas without their Evokers once they came into contact with it, so I assume the P4 cast could use the tarot card way in the Dark Hour. If they do end up using Evokers though, it'd be interesting to see how they react.

Especially Yosuke.

I HAVE TO PEE!

If they do end up using Evokers though, it'd be interesting to see how they react.
Kanji evokes by smashing his chair in his own head.
Yosuke evokes by breaking Chie's DVDs.
Teddie felt like pranking Naoto and switched her gun with her evoker. And no one was friends with him again.

Kanji evokes by smashing his chair in his own head.
Yosuke evokes by breaking Chie's DVDs.
Teddie felt like pranking Naoto and switched her gun with her evoker. And no one was friends with him again.

Yukiko evokes by eating her food.
Chie evokes by eating celery.
Yu evokes by burning pictures of Nanako.

Reactions: Balder
Anybody plays 360 and wants to play some sets? I play a pretty mean Kanji.

I just doubt the P4 cast would use evokers, especially considering their persona's were brought forth by completely different conflicts compared to the P3 cast.

p3 cast = dealing with life and death

p4 cast = who they are and what they want to do with their life.

There were also a Dark Hour'd Yasogami gate stage, with what seemed to be a new Tartarus replacing Yasogami, and an all-red, possibly Dark Hour'd Yasogami Hallway stage.

Persona Fan Success Story: I fit the phrases "reach out to the truth", "mass destruction", "wiping all out", and "time to make history" in my Honors English paper. Took it to the Writing Center today and none of them were called out. In fact, the tutor liked those phrases as I used them. Nice.

Is that really what they're calling this version.

Also new guy who hasn't been seen at all yet.

ULTRA SUPLEX HOLD!

*Kanji vs Naoto match*

Naoto: Kanji-kun are you ready?
Kanji: *nosebleed*

Who's this new guy...? Some are already saying he's from P5. Looks kinda cool, I guess. What I'm hype for is DAMN LOOK AT THAT NEW ELIZABETH ATTACK, HITTIN' YOU WITH PINWHEELS AND SHIT, YES.

Hilarious ending to the video too, haha.

Last edited:
Oh another new character? Didn't see that coming.

Oh yeah, almost forgot:

YEAH, SHADOW YU.

I wonder what his personality will be like outside the anime.

tumblr_mtq5kpI0eb1rv19u4o8_1280.jpg

Idle observation, but static in Tartarus = looks like that's still taking place within the TV after all.

And here I thought we'd be seeing Port Island, lol.

Found the video with English Subs:

tumblr_mtq5kpI0eb1rv19u4o8_1280.jpg

Idle observation, but static in Tartarus = looks like that's still taking place within the TV after all.

And here I thought we'd be seeing Port Island, lol.

Ah man, kinda disappointed there, but maybe we'll see the Dark Hour in some form (Junes in the Dark Hour, maybe?).

Junes stage theme:

Heads up: the new guy's name is Sho Minazuki. He seems to be a P4-style character (note the Yasogami boy's uniform jacket tied around his waist in the official art here) in contrast to Labrys being a P3-style character. Thus, I have a feeling he'll have a Shinto deity for a Persona like the Investigation Team.

Also, anyone know what the deal is with his yellow armband?

I just hope he has nothing to do with Nyx, since he has "zuki" in his name.

I'm pretty salty they added him instead of a character from the other persona games, but if he has an actual relationship to persona 5 that would be cool

I reaaaallly hope he's not the Persona 5 protagonist. He just doesn't work as a blank slate character, which honestly was one of my favorite things about Persona 4. I mean that was one of the reasons why that game was so immersive.

Oh and The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold IS THE BEST SUBTITLE EVER AHHHHHHHHHOMGOSH

Crap! I'm not sure how it shows on the normal site, but when you post a spoiler, with text inside the first bracket set, it doesn't actually spoiler tag out on tapatalk.

I reaaaallly hope he's not the Persona 5 protagonist. He just doesn't work as a blank slate character, which honestly was one of my favorite things about Persona 4. I mean that was one of the reasons why that game was so immersive.

Oh and The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold IS THE BEST SUBTITLE EVER AHHHHHHHHHOMGOSH
OH MY LAWDY I JUST WANT TO KICK SOMEONE'S ASS JUST THINKING ABOUT THAT NAME! ATLUS! BRING IT HERE ALREADY!

The sad thing is Atlus USA is probably going to nerf the name to make it appeal more to the typical American audience. :(

The sad thing is that since the cockroaches of the gaming industry aka SEGA bought Index Corp, the chances of this getting a Western release may decrease even further.
At best, this will be handled by ASW which means we'll just go back to our usual business of things taking two Ice Ages and a half to reach Europe. After the first fiasco, my gut feeling tells me to not even bother get hyped for this... -_-"

And the new character reeks of Hazama-knock off Villain Sue. C'mon Atlus, you joo us out of Adachi for Timmy's Persona OC?

Anyway, I'm mostly curious about the Shadow system. If Shadow Kanji doesn't talk in a outrageously camp gay fashion then I say the whole thing has been for naught.

Gonna leave the 4Gamer link here, screens and info (in moonspeak, of course).
http://www.4gamer.net/games/229/G022917/20130925063/

Atlus and ArcSys are legendary for not bringing titles to PAL regions. You should expect that by now.

And no, Sega-Sammy owns Atlus, not Sega. Sega-Sammy is just a giant company that has a hold on a bunch of stuff. Sega is the one that makes and publishes games. More than likely things will continue on as normal for Atlus, which sucks for European players but welp, that's what happens.

I'm optimistic so far for Sega owning Atlus, I mean I don't see why they would bother paying so much money for Atlus if they weren't going to let Atlus continue being successful.

The sad thing is Atlus USA is probably going to nerf the name to make it appeal more to the typical American audience. :(
I don't think it's reasonable to expect it to have that ridiculous sub-title in any English speaking region.

We will probably just end up with "Persona 4 Arena: Climax". Underwhelming, but eh.

Considering that P4G was pretty much the Vita seller and P4A has a healthy tournament scene, P4A:C should come here. IT NEEDS TO.

Eh, I don't think it's gonna be called P4A Climax when it gets announced internationally. After all, the first one didn't involve the P-1 Grand Prix in either of its titles, and P4UUSH (lol) seems to be going down the same path.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Junpei back on game gave me more faith on this title.

still, can't play it very well, even with auto-combos :(

So guys, I finally figured out how to do a Garu combo with Elizabeth. Anyone got any practical Garu combos for me to practice? I want to get used to them cause it seems like pro Liz players do them without thinking and I still drop mine after the EX Garu like, 12% of the time. The one I can do is:

5A, 5AA, 5B, 2AB, 236CD(EX Magarudyne), 2A, 5A, 5C, 2C, 214B(Mabufudyne B), *214CD(EX Maragidyne), **j.C

*can be turned at this point into another 214B into j.C OR 236AB(EX Maziodyne) for a "Shocking" finish.
**can be turned at this point into 214214 A or B(Diarahan) as soon as EX Agi hits for a safe healing finish.

Last edited: