• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

And now, for something lulzy involving SEGA's relationship with Atlus (which I found on NeoGAF's OT for P4UUSH):

1380318551142.jpg

And now, for something lulzy involving SEGA's relationship with Atlus (which I found on NeoGAF's OT for P4UUSH):

1380318551142.jpg

Something big's about to happen!

"I've already investigated you."
"Hey, blue is MY color, lady!"

ROUND.
LET US BEGIN!

I just came here to ask: is the new version really called Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold?

Oh Atlu--er, I mean Sega

Also, question: Would anybody care if Rise ended up playable, even as a joke-ish character?

I've wanted Rise in from the beginning, but we all know her fighting is impossible. I mean, if the canon wasn't so damn strict (what I love and hate about it), we could have something going on with her. I remember someone somewhere proposing that she could fight with a microphone and cord like a whip. Sounded pretty boss.

Or she could take moves from her Shadow and fight with stripper dance moves. Eheheh.....

Nah. Still Atlus.

Also, Shadow Kanji has been confirmed to return to his original outfit for a winpose:

xhbb.jpg

EDIT: @Clawsome Bombs: 2 words. Animation. Ameno-Sagiri.

Even dude's meter looks fabulous. I'm looking forward to hilarious intros with all the girls from good ol' Shadow Kanji.

You mean when she slammed Himiko (or rather, Kanzeon) into Ameno-Sagiri along with everyone else? Yeah, that counts I guess, but unless her gameplay will be charging that huge horn on her Persona's head into enemies (damn, that sounds awesome), she doesn't have much else. Like, she needs a fighting style she does without her Persona (like Chie's kicks or Naoto's gun slinging). Thus, I stand behind her having Stripper Style Fighting.

In Japan, yes. Yes it is.

Also, question: Would anybody care if Rise ended up playable, even as a joke-ish character?
better than the new character they put in already.

I don't know who came up with that title, but that person is now my hero.

Ok apparently alot of stuff changed here is the google doc of the 2nd Loctest changes and the command list for each character highlighting the new moves. Narukami in this build notably got Sweep >5D back but with property changes + other new stuff. Sho is not present in this build.

Yeah apparently Elizabeth has a new theme and its "Wiping All Out"
Mixed reaction to that since I like the song, but doesn't fit Elizabeth as much as her old theme.

So, Teddie has Nihil Hand. Thought it'd be more epic than just an uppercut.

Scratch that, Stunedge added more info in regard of music in Dustloop

for other changes I haven't mentioned, refer the 1st loketest info

some other noticeable changes are:

- they have added many new BGM,
P4 characters mirror match now plays P4G battle theme "Time to make history",
P3 female characters plays "Wiping all out" and P3 shadow characters play P3 boss fight,
P4 shadow characters play their own shadow dungeon theme.
They still have all the old themes so I think they switch by random?

- each shadow character has their own opening and winning pose,
shadow Chie stamps on your head and Shadow kanji being totally awesome, and Shadow Yukiko was a 200% bitch

feel free to toss the question on twitter :p

Hyped about more music options and how the shadow character animations are being awesome. Wish there was more media of this like last lokitest besides that one Shadow Kanji screenshot.

I guess most of the videographers/photographers were caught flatfooted by the sudden loketest announcement.

All this Shadow stuff is making me want to get seriously hyped for this but I know I'll just get hurt again... :(

Why? Are you butthurt over the Europe debacle?

"Butthurt" doesn't really apply since I saw it coming; the moment the publisher was confirmed I knew what was going to happen.
I'm a big fan of both 2D fighters and the RPG (one of my all time favorite PS2 titles) and I was very much looking forward to P4A only to see Atlus hand it over to the most notoriously incompetent publisher out there, make promises of timely releases and that "Europe has nothing to worry about" and then plug their ears and go ~lalala lalala lalala~ when it was clear History would be repeating itself.
I waited a year for Catherine which didn't bother me at all but year long waits aren't really healthy for multiplayer games.
Besides the interest dying out I refused to buy it and validate the practice. Some folks go "if we buy the game Atlus knows we are interested"; personally, I read it as "if we buy the game Atlus knows we're perfectly fine with being screwed".

EDIT: so this was just brought to my attention.
P4_masterdaidara_large.jpg

Any relation to the new guy?

Last edited:
Ok apparently alot of stuff changed here is the google doc of the 2nd Loctest changes and the command list for each character highlighting the new moves. Narukami in this build notably got Sweep >5D back but with property changes + other new stuff. Sho is not present in this build.

Yeah apparently Elizabeth has a new theme and its "Wiping All Out"
Mixed reaction to that since I like the song, but doesn't fit Elizabeth as much as her old theme.

Thought Yukari was gonna get this theme, but whatevs. As long as this awesome theme is in the game. I think Jutsei's explanation is best for why Liz got it.

Edit: YES, TIME TO MAKE HISTORY AND P4 SHADOW STAGE THEMES.
Should have called it earlier, but I KNEW Shadow Chie would have a dominatrix style win pose.

Is there any reason why people are thinking Elizabeth has been nerfed to death in this loketest?

Probably Master of Shadow, for obvious reasons.

HGNNAHGNGHH
I have feeling should stop looking up Persona related things due to getting too much information.
Gah, I got spoiled on every Persona game I played so far, so I think I'll just try and play it safe this time.

I hope one of those slots are for this lady.....
tumblr_static_persona_4_margaret_by_izanagi_0xxi-d5ddi1o.png

She is one of my favorite characters(behind Elizabeth).

Scrolling character icons would solve both of those problems at once.

It's much more likely that it's just the edge of the character select. Wouldn't read too much into it.

That being said, looking forward to the next installment. This game and Skullgirls are the fighting games I play the most, so a sequel sounds good.

Let's hope they make an original story for EVERYONE this time.

Scrolling character icons would solve both of those problems at once.
Then what if both players want to select characters on opposite sides of a row?