• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

I won't be surprised if a different boxart is used for the international version, because the one they've got for Japan is indeed kinda weird.

Neko-Shogun is a welcome accident. Especially with those crummy ingredients and result. :3

After SMTIV, I was afraid they would replace Kaneko's work for the new guy but seeing PQ is somewhat reassuring that 5's Wild Card Personas will be his designs.

EDIT: on that box art discussion, well, Atlus doesn't really care.
PS3-CatherineJP.jpg

(I swapped mine though. A little perk the EU version has. Kat >>>>>>>> Cat)

Last edited:
I'm having Arena 2 delivered to my house, but after seeing this, I'm going to my local Gamestop on launch day to pretend to browse while looking at people's expressions when buying it.

If there is banter allow me to add a line for my Dojima navigator proposal on page 2 of this thread:

At least it seems the navigators aren't canon. Make Dojima a navigator.

Match opening: "I can make damn good coffee."
Victory: "You want to take a vacation for Golden Week?"
Defeated: "Sorry, I'm going to have to cancel the trip..."
Intro against Naoto: "That kid is too smart for her own good."
Intro against Kanji: "He needs to settle down if he wants to protect his mom so much."
Perfect Victory: "I was supposed to help you, but it ended up the other way around."
Match start (assisting Yu): "IS THERE SOMETHING YOU'RE NOT TELLING ME ABOUT LAST YEAR'S CASE?"
Match start (assisting Teddie): "You're kinda odd, but Nanako wants me to cheer you on."
Against Opponent with Adachi Navigator: "Shut up, Adachi" every time he says something. Like EVERY TIME.

I think the navigator banter while a fun idea kind of defeats the "point" of the navigators. They are pretty much designated to deliver commentary regarding the status of the fighters (cool thing is there are unique dialogue lines for each fighter) and the navigators talking to each other takes away from primarily announcing your playable character status. Assuming the navigators could even communicate with each other in the first place that is.

And Persona Q is getting a "Wild Card Premium Edition" for the west. (http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/1...rds-premium-edition-for-3ds-plus-new-trailer/)

Persona Q Pre-Orders/First Run Printing ($49.99)
  • Tarot Card Set #2 – The collection of the iconic Tarot Cards used as evokers in Persona 4 are being released as a collector’s set across Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and Persona Q Set #2 will include the Tarot Cards of Arcanas XI – XXI
  • Special Packaging – The first run of PQ items will come in a special package.
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth – The Wild Cards Premium Edition ($79.99)
  • Tarot Card Set #2 – Same as above
  • Art Booklet – Collection of some of the amazing new artwork that went into Persona Q
  • Soundtrack CD – CD with the Persona Q soundtrack highlights by the ATLUS sound team
  • Deluxe Hard Case for 3DS XL – This hard case, previously available only in Japan, is coming to North America and features Persona Q designs and will house a 3DS XL

Off of UltraChen, looks like that move of Rise's is an unblockable and the song that plays are segments of the P4 theme

Bpv9UsiCcAIbV6s.jpg

"Senpai!"

Also don't read this if you want to maintain some hope and dreams
Makoto deconfirmed courtesy of Yu Namba during Ultra-Chen stream
""It's a shame the P3MC isnt included in this game because of P3 ending" although there is a slim chance he said this to throw us off, but that isn't looking likely.

In regards to Namba's comment on Makoto...

"Isn't looking likely?" No, it is extremely likely he is lying through his teeth, if not outright confirmed he's lying.

1. The beginning of Persona Q outright confirms Yu and Makoto will meet again, which is blatant setup for P4AU. No way ATLUS put that in the script without expounding on it.

2. Elizabeth stated she would join forces with those who bonded with Makoto's soul to enact a miracle. It is no coincidence that every member of SEES is in P4AU, and that Makoto bonded with the Investigation Team in Persona Q.

3. Hashino confirmed P4AU would tie up all loose ends of the previous game: this includes Elizabeth's story.

4. The 4Gamer article last December stated:

http://www.4gamer.net/games/229/G022917/20131130007/

“The characters we're divulging about this time, appearing in this version's story is (in green) Adachi Tohru, a new character that looks like Minazuki, and we can also reveal there is (in green) one more new character. While we can't reveal this character's name, and presently, we don't know if they'll become playable, we can say that the fans have certainly been hoping for them. Please look forward to our follow-up report.”

At the time this was written, the character was a guaranteed NPC new to the Story Mode, and they could not disclose the former's name because spoilers. It clearly cannot be referring to Adachi, as they had already confirmed him. It cannot be Rise as she was an NPC in the first game. It also cannot be Ken and Koromaru as they were not highly requested by the Japanese audience, and are two characters, not one. The top two requested characters in the game are Adachi....and you guessed it...Makoto. It is obvious why they did not name drop him.

5. In the same Famitsu which announced Ken and Koromaru, it was confirmed players would see "that character from Persona 3" in the game's story. It is pretty obvious who "that character" is. Makoto is basically confirmed for story.

6. On to the subject of Makoto being playable:

http://p-atlus.jp/p4u2/special/dlccard.html

There are 37 DLC cards, each character serving as an "entry" to the P1-Climax. There are currently 35 characters in the roster if we include Shadow Types. Adachi is entry No. 35, being our latest addition to the roster. That means No. 36 and No. 37 are not characters (which I find unlikely due to each character being an "entry") or ATLUS is deliberately hiding at the very least one character from us.

7. Literally every battle song from P3 and P4 has been added to P4AU's OST. Originally, there were two very suspicious omissions from the OST. The first being "A New World Fool", Adachi's battle theme. However, the song was revealed the same time Adachi was revealed to be playable. The only "missing" song at this point is "Burn My Dread -Last Battle-", which would almost certainly be Makoto's theme "if" he were playable. Coincidence? You be the judge of that.

Lastly, I would like you to notice how cautious Namba is while speaking in regards to the P3 characters presence in P4AU. He is thinking out his answers VERY thoroughly before "deconfirming" him. Also, you misquoted him. He slipped up, because he was thinking too much. What he ACTUALLY said was:

"It is sad that the Persona 3 protagonist is includ-NOT included in this game."

This is not the first time a developer has lied about characters not becoming playable. You literally have to be the biggest sucker on the planet to believe a word he said. LMAO.

Last edited:
Back