• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Eh.

tumblr_inline_mwrvi6lkRB1rljz9p.gif

Yes how dare someone spend their own money on something that interested them and enjoy that product

how dare they
get off my back. I gotta keep up with my schtick.

EDIT:

someone's gotta put Persona 1 in it's place.

Last edited:
So I went and bought Persona 1. worth it.

On PSN ? It's worth it but I must warn you : The music can really get on your nerves (plus it's a new OST) / There are too much battles in dungeons / The way the game gives XP to characters is just weird and doesn't make sense

That wasn't exactly the type of Zoning I was thinking of.
Maybe she's more like Platinum than I thought Rise was?

On PSN ? It's worth it but I must warn you : The music can really get on your nerves (plus it's a new OST) / There are too much battles in dungeons / The way the game gives XP to characters is just weird and doesn't make sense
also the first person perspective is really garbage in some dungeons.

You know most of the SMT games and Atlus's games have a First Person perspective, and it works well.

Well in Persona 1 it's weird how the camera moves but it doesn't bother me

Reactions: DDB
You know most of the SMT games and Atlus's games have a First Person perspective, and it works well.

Well in Persona 1 it's weird how the camera moves but it doesn't bother me
why yes. I did know that. And all those games did it better than P1's camera and battle system where everyone has to be in a specific place in order to hit someone, which they also replaced in P2. And I also liked Stange Journey's camera.

yeah but that's an etrian odyssey skin. Plus its a spinoff so I don't count it.

even the canon of it is still in question amongst the fans.

Make everything like Nocturne where you can have both first-person and third-person. There, go crazy.

yeah I know first person mode in Nocturne was only on the second playthrough but still

well okay then. You can count every spinoff. I can count every main game.

and it has been established I hate P1 for various reasons. :D I don't know how everyone is not surprised.

well okay then. You can count every spinoff. I can count every main game.

and it has been established I hate P1 for various reasons. :D I don't know how everyone is not surprised.

Do you at least like P1's soundtrack? For me it's only second to P4's.

the things I won't hate on are the story, artistic design, and the soundtrack. Everything else is dead to me.

It's a pretty bitchin' earring, you have to admit
it does look nice.

but the earring falls under artstyle so it doesn't count towards my hate for p1.

fuckin' Mark is the only character design I hate though.

Last edited:
After playing P4G again for a bit and with these other Persona games and hopefully some P5 news coming this year, I decided to go back and play the older games just because.

The original P4 just feels so empty and incomplete now. They added tons of new stuff in P4G so it just makes me want to play P4G instead. Man, I love P4G, it's so freaking fun.

P3:FES is almost unplayable. Holy crap, did characters always get tired so fast while exploring? I don't remember them getting tired that fast. Also not being able to control party members sucks. At least P3P is still awesome, minus the watered down graphics of course.

P1 and the P2 games are just...to old. The gameplay is just so annoying...

It would be pretty awesome if they remade the P2 games someday with updated graphics and gameplay. P2 was always my favorite Persona story, I would buy that shit so fast if it ever did happen!

will we finally get a P2 game that canonizes Tatsuya and Jun
because that would be a lot more progressive than anything persona 4 even does
or maybe a "protagonists win with the power of rock" ending starring Eikichi
this would also be the most progressive course of action

I think all we need on P1 and P2:IS/EP is some kind of official Atlus recap
Just so people know what was going on back then cause I'm 98.2% sure it's going to be relevant in Ultimax, P5, DAN, etc

Cause you know

P1 and the P2 games are just...too old.

I could barely watch a playthrough of them, much less play 'em
I feel like as long as people are aware of the events of the past, they shouldn't have to play through the old style of Shadow Hunting

*casts Red Wall*

And Makarakarn

Back