• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

if anything Narukami is more like Lightning
he started off pretty rad
then oh god they got everything wrong
why
why is this happening
then the Golden anime made him tolerable again
why couldn't NG+ Narukami be the one we got in the first anime and Arena
why
why
Because...

- NG+ Narukami got max social stats so he naturally becomes more likable from the beginning (Shakes hands, Sings Junes song, etc) with how he interacts with people. Also more exposure to show off his charisma since Golden anime seems to cover the new social events (Okina City, Beach, etc) more then the actual battles.

- Original Anime Narukami starts off unremarkable (Low Social Stats/Locked out choices) so we can observe his social growth progress where he eventually becomes NG+ Narukami. Also more battles from the main dungeons takes away time where Narukami can show off more social appeal

- Arena Narukami is filled with serious max Courage/Understanding Narukami (outside of fake Narukami) because Arena story left little room for eccentric Narukami due to everyone forced to fight each other.

Coming soon: Persona 4 Interview Novella

"hey Yu, what did you think of..."

God that was so fucking painful.

Like, that dude might have actually snapped.

He sincerely might need serious help when you realize he wrote the ANSWERS TO HIS OWN QUESTIONS IN INTERVIEW FORMAT.

LIKE A REAL FUCKING INTERVIEW.

IF HE COULD AFFORD HOLOGRAM LIGHTNING TO SIT IN A CHAIR WHILE HE ASKED HER QUESTIONS HE TOTALLY WOULD HAVE DONE THAT SHIT.

oh he wouldn't stop at just an interview. we all know that.

I can imagine him looking at the auto-blow 2 and he's just like, "once holograms can be in your home, instant buy"

I'm pretty sure he'd buy a hologram game show just to put Holo-lightning in a bikini and run around on an obstacle course where the pitfalls are honey, mud and water.

Ruin, calm down, eat a Snickers.
You get a little SMT/Persona 3 Whiny when you're hungry, better?

Also guys, heads up, PERSONA 5 AT TOKYO GAME SHOW...
ALL THE WAY IN SEPTEMBER.
Pull up a chair
That was fake, look later in that NeoGAF thread.

Happens all the time, you learn to not fal for it.

Aouch

989201104860072875964714421008194877141507209175n.jpg

I know this was mentioned in the previous pages but why the fuck are the VAs being replaced so much? Most of the cast have different VAs now. Ugh, I haven't heard any of the new voices yet, but I'm gonna flip if they sound bad. Particularly Naoto's and Kanji's (I know Troy Baker is getting more roles or whatever but seriously P4 would be another cash cow). Their voices fit them so well.

No, Naoto is different. This one is Valerie Atem while anime Naoto was Mary Elizabeth McGlynn.

Kanji is Matthew Mercer though.

because Naoto's first VA is some kind of international criminal or something and they can't just drop who she was

Real talk: it's probably because she's a union worker (hence why she was anonymous) and got caught some time after Golden. Union probably said "you can't do this voice anymore or your career will end", thus, the VA changes.

Unions and shit are like the leading cause of replaced VAs, like damn.
How many VAs have had to be replaced because of Union?

My panties will be in a bunch until I hear them for myself, thank you.

.......Where can I hear the new voices?
Not during a match. Most of their old VAs' lines were recycled from last game, even for the Shadow types. Well, except Shadow Kanji, who's only got recycled lines for his chair super, and Margaret, who was completely replaced. Every playable character has new win quotes, though, so any new VAs can be heard clearly during those.

It might also have been due to cost of the VA. Sometimes if a VA/actress/actor appears on a popular show or game, the cost of their lines go up substantially. Troy Baker for example, has been recently cast as Pagan Min for Far Cry 4 and Ocelot for Metal Gear Phantom Pain.

I work for a game company (BioWare) and could only afford to have one of the VAs in for about 80 lines due to her appearence on a popular show made the cost of her lines sky rocket.

I just finished playing through P3 FES. Man, was it a draining experience. Took a long time to finish. That said, I'm surprised at how much I liked it. Good cast of characters. My only real gripe was not being able to control your party members, oh and that last boss fight, ugh

I hooked up with Mitsuru. Her S. Link path was actually quite good.

Gonna get to 4 eventually, but the last one took everything out of me. It seems to be the one everyone swears by, so I'll probably get to it soon.

Kinda surprised that the US website for Ultimax hasn't updated since the region lock announcement. Doesn't even have today's trailers up. Also...

Ruin, calm down, eat a Snickers.
You get a little SMT/Persona 3 Whiny when you're hungry, better?

Also guys, heads up, PERSONA 5 AT TOKYO GAME SHOW...
ALL THE WAY IN SEPTEMBER.
Pull up a chair

You've been fooled, dude. Atlus hasn't even announced that they'll be at TGS this year. Any pictures you've seen on Tumblr or whatever saying that P5 will be at TGS are fakes either created by a troll or posted by another sap who thinks it's real.

Last edited:
Back