• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Not liking what I'm seeing in the loc test at all in regards of character balance changes.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AC9gYVzyUaFDZFsf-LXIGGoyZnG1Wws4Gp96Tdgk58w/mobilebasic?pli=1

Elizabeth, Kanji, Yukiko are the notable characters getting hurt by nerfs. If anything I prefer the first loc test. Lol the fatal recovery is hurting Kanji in particularly as if he needs any more of that.

Interesting note is Narukami got another super that takes 150 meter lol. It's similar to Order Sol IK from input to animations apparently. No footage of it yet. A>A>B>C>B>C>D>2AB>214214CD
Doesn't seem to be practical at all (apparently 3k damage?), but it's just their for styling purposes fitting for a swag protagonist.

Edit: Oops fixed video. Clicked the video above by accident. This is consequence of multi-tasking too much :/

You got the wrong Instant Kill in the video, Number 13. That's his EX mode exclusive regular IK, All Guns Blazing. Look for Dragon Install: Sekkai.

OH GOD!OH MAN!OH GOD!OH MAN!OH GOD!OH MAN!OH GOD!

tumblr_mwf2essGgm1r9s07oo1_500.jpg

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS LEGIT!! I want to believe Atlus saved this reveal for my B-day...I'm so touched.

EDIT: as DDB pointed out, there's claims to this image being fake. I honestly wouldn't know. The artwork matches the game's style and I know nothing of moon runes so I can't tell if the text is a character title or a omelet recipe. It could easily be a still from the anime but I haven't watched it, so... (.__.)
Ah, fiddlesticks!

Last edited:

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS LEGIT!! I want to believe Atlus saved this reveal for my B-day...I'm so touched.
-me before every fight against adachi-
7683.jpg

Soooooo...uh. I kinda dropped this because I was having difficulty doing her Double loop combo, which is apparently essential. How should I have my controller set up to make doing Yukiko "stuff" easier? :p

Don't know the exact layouts but the basic idea is that you want to assign things to buttons easy to hold. So, you can map 2 buttons to L1 and R1/LB and RB and then set the other 2 buttons to two face buttons that are easy to hold at the same time like Square and X/whatever the 360 equivalent is.

Well damn, given the shadow faces of the characters seen so far they have done a real good job of making me shi.... I mean create quite intimidating faces, yup exactly what I meant to say.

No chance of that being real. For one thing, I'm pretty sure I saw that picture before P4U2 was even announced.
Two, that doesn't match up with P4A's actual arcade progress screen thingy at all. Three, even if it did, it doesn't match P4U2's general aesthetic. Four, his name doesn't appear to be romanized correctly.

Yosuke vs Yukari loc footage

You can sort of hear her theme too.

From what I can hear of it, her theme sounds all heroic and stuff, as expected. Can't wait to hear the full thing.

Also, am I seeing things or did she combo into inflicting multiple ailments on Yosuke around 2:50-2:57? She did a combo into panic, and then another into poison. At least that's what I thought I saw.

Translated names of Yukari and Junpei (Ex. Yu Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel, Yosuke Captain Ressentiment, etc)

Yukari - The Tacky Pink Sniper
Junpei - Surprising Slugger of Futile Swing

Persona 4: Cooking with Yu (featuring Gordon Ramsay as the narrator)

The whole game is the multiple choice "make lunch for tomorrow" mini-game.
If you fail - and you most certainly will - you'll be treated to 5 minutes of unskippable verbal abuse by Chef Ramsay.

That or Persona 4 HD Remastered Mountain Dew Heroes Gaiden GOTY Edition - all the content of P4G in HD AND everyone voiced by Troy Baker.

Whatever the case, here's to what comes this weekend.
76a.gif

Persona 4: Cooking with Yu (featuring Gordon Ramsay as the narrator)

The whole game is the multiple choice "make lunch for tomorrow" mini-game.
If you fail - and you most certainly will - you'll be treated to 5 minutes of unskippable verbal abuse by Chef Ramsay.

That or Persona 4 HD Remastered Mountain Dew Heroes Gaiden GOTY Edition - all the content of P4G in HD AND everyone voiced by Troy Baker.

Whatever the case, here's to what comes this weekend.
76a.gif

I love that gif so much.

I always do so bad at the lunch thing :(

9dece4002b76c69be028736a941870edc089a9d2da9094253931c90d94ec2bd6.jpg

I seriously do wonder what it is.
All things considered I think it's something Persona 4 related, because even if they had work done on P5 chances are it migrated to PS4.
BUT
Who knows?

I always do so bad at the lunch thing :(
I ALWAYS save game before attempting to cook. It's not just ignorance in the culinary arts, my rotten luck plays a hand in it as well. Going through all the wrong choices first is pretty much mandatory. orz
And then those assholes either don't like the food or it's not enough to get Social Link event points. Gotta listen to their problems, feed them and those jerks won't even dignify giving my Personas a EXP boost. Douchebags.

"This soup is dry." - Took me a bit to get there. (.__.)

So, apparently, P4U2's coming out in Japanese arcades on November 28. (Twitter is allegedly blowing up about it.) Hopefully, things won't be as crazy as during the loketests. Oh well, guess it's time for a Thanksgiving Throwdown.

Back