• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullbats EU PC

Going solo generally is. Ah, 3v1 ratios, is my one true foe.
I can confirm.

And let's not talk about how alex feels about it :p

Going solo generally is. Ah, 3v1 ratios, my one true foe.
that and a good reflect here and there. you're always fun to practice that stuff on, trying to get reflects or parries online in a red ping connection.

Fun weekly participant averages from the challonge numbers:

Season 1: 15.7 people
Season 2: 15 people
Season 3 so far: 18.5 people
All time: 15.8 people

Hopefully that 16th person can become a whole person one day, the poor thing.

Reactions: GN4RK
McPeanuts gave us great commentary for the season 2 finale, though unfortunately occasional disconnections during spectated matches were an issue. To limit those to a minimum, it was clear we need to find an European stream host next time.

That being said, there is now an extra reason to fight for that top 8 spot, because @Woofly agreed to provide commentary for the season 3 finale. Get hype.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Peck
In round 6 we went for a spontaneous solo Beowulf mirror with Skarnix, because we could.

Shake your body unwillingly, baby.
Plenty of stupid stuff happened, gave me plenty of opportunities to do dumb editing.
Feat. Akuma ultra 1 and a facepalm gif :

6th week of season 3 finished!

RESULTS: http://skullbatseu.challonge.com/sbeupcs3w6

1st - dragonos451 (@dragonos451)
2nd - Crux (@SScrux)
3rd - Muro (@Muro)
1. zeknife
2. Crux
3. Alex
4. dragonos451
5. GN4RK
5. Muro
7. Mr Peck
7. Sanji
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hdMnbh1AzVp-2duiNTHocr5Kds8pM18fhn4uPTPvCKg/edit#gid=0

Next week is the last swiss tourney before the streamed season 3 finals with commentary from @Woofly. Show up, make it count!

Also, feel free to share match recordings from tonight below.

Sorry for being late, there was a round that deserved...special treatment.
Featuring this week : M. Bison, Akuma (again), a metal slug and Stanley.

Reactions: erkicman and Muro
15:00 ^
kaneclap.gif

Reactions: dragonos451
Watching @dragonos451's recordings from the last few weeks inspired me to think about the best way to deliver Skullbats match videos. It's a personal dilemma of "low quality live stream now vs HD recordings later".

If anyone would like to help with voicing his opinion on the matter, I made a thread+poll for it here.

This week's videos are brought to you by 3v1 And Sons, Incorporated.

@Muro
I think I found the true story of skullgirls.
Just replace "do the flop" with "press buttons".
Seriously dude, stop doing the flop. That's what kills you everytime.

I am the flop.

I'm late again.
Featuring this week...nothing...I was just not feeling like editing, this week.

The season finale will be a streamed double-elimination tournament with commentary, seeded by rank in the season standing.
Despite best organisational efforts, we do not have an available/willing commentator for the season 3 finals.
Unless someone expresses interest in playing the role, the event will look as follows:

TIME:
This Sunday (14-12-2014), starting at 7:00pm GMT/8.00pm CET/9.00pm EET (=standard Skullbats starting time)

STREAM:
I'll stream the top8 finals live at www.twitch.tv/stopmurotime, without commentary, in 360p60fps quality.

RECORDINGS:
@dragonos451, who will also be in the lobby, will record all the matches in glorious 1080p60fps and later upload the recordings to his YouTube channel for dem full HD archives.

BRACKET LINK:
http://skullbatseu.challonge.com/sbeupcs3top8 (nothing here yet, bracket will be created on Sunday)

As already mentioned, the finale bracket is seeded by rank, just like last season. There was a 3-way tie at rank #6 (27 points gathered by Sanji, Mr Peck and Muro alike). It was resolved by comparing average Median-Buchholz tie-breaker scores per attended tournament (not perfect, but it beats flipping a coin).
Result: rank #6 Mr Peck (average 19,1/20,5*), rank #7 Sanji (average 18,2), rank #8 Muro (average 17,1).
* 20,5 if we count that Peck didn't participate in week 6 (which he had to leave right after/during his first set and didn't get a point from the tournament). 19,1 if we count he participated and assign the lowest tie-breaker score in that week (12) to him as well (only fair as he wouldn't get less if he stayed for the whole event).

It doesn't matter in this particular situation as Peck's tie-breaker is highest between the 3 players either way, though it should be mentioned the second approach is more universally fair and will likely be used in the future if there's a tie within the top8 and a tied player left an attended tournament mid-event.
That being said, tomorrow's bracket will look as follows:
yCINkoZ.png

Despite best organisational efforts, we do not have an available/willing commentator for the season 3 finals.

half of the reason i got into top 8 was for commentary. someone get on this please

i'd like to give commentating a shot but i'll be sleeping

timezones~

Jarlix, a UK player also known as Amethyst will provide commentary for tomorrow's stream.

You might recall him from the last couple of tournaments when he hopped on the Skullbats train, or otherwise met him in the months he's been playing the game before.

Also maybe, maybe there will be a co-commentator. More news to come sometime tomorrow.

I know what you're up to, Muro. I know all of your dirty little secrets.
I dare you.

Skullbats EU PC Season 3 top8 - RESULTS

1st: @Mr Peck
2nd: @zeknife
3rd: @dragonos451
4th: @SScrux
5th: @Alex12898 and @Muro
7th: @GN4RK and Sanji

Bracket: http://skullbatseu.challonge.com/sbeupcs3top8

Congratulations to Mr Peck for defending his title of Skullbats EU Champion, good games to all participating players, great thanks to Jarlix for co-commentating with me tonight, to dragonos451 for recording matches in 1080p60fps and to everyone who dropped in to watch! Hope you had a fun evening.

Stream recordings with commentary from my stream and HD archives from dragonos451 will be uploaded to Youtube soon, we'll post in this thread once they're ready.

Skullbats EU PC season 4 will as start as usual next Sunday (21-12-2014).

Well played everyone, and thanks for running things Muro! Thanks to dragonos451 and Jarlix for helping with things too.

I uploaded last night's stream of the finals to Youtube (below).

I also kept it in a 2,5h highlight on Twitch [link], where it is likely a better watch thanks to Twitch's 60fps vs Youtube's 30fps.

Here comes the HQ videos.

OMW to do a compilation of every 360 that connected during this top 8...
#kappa
maybe

Reactions: Mr Peck and Muro
Skullbats playlist, Xmas edition. Ho ho ho!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

By way of exception, Skullbats EU PC will not take place this Sunday (28-12-2014). We'll have this weekend off and return to regularly scheduled tournaments one week later (Sunday 4-01-2015, and each following Sunday).

Of course, everyone who will be free at the time and in a playing mood can go ahead and make a lobby to spar, practice and help each other out, in the time you'd usually spend playing Skullbats or otherwise. Feel free to use the group chat to that end, too!

Here's to everyone having a jolly good and relaxing holiday time, filling you all with motivation, inspiration and ideas for a whole new year of fighting in 2015.

2nd week of season 4 finished!

RESULTS: http://skullbatseu.challonge.com/sbeupcs4w2

1st - Mr Peck (@Mr Peck)
2nd - zeknife (@zeknife)
3rd - Sanji
1. Mr Peck
2. Alex
3. Sanji
3. zeknife
5. Bombad
5. Meiynas
5. Yallus
8. Crux
8. Muro
RANK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dNtMXpDoL0RjFULhOif207ltnoDMo04ZolPh13neGiM/

Lots of new faces tonight (and a visitor from another continent staying in Europe for a bit among them). Hope to see you all again next time!

Feel free to share match recordings below.

Reactions: Meiynas and Mr Peck
Finally figured out what to do with videos recorded in 60fps for them to actually be 60fps on Youtube. Go me.
Be sure to watch in 720p for that 60fps experience Skullgirls deserve. The future is now.
Also, guest star Beowulf in round numero 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meiynas