• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls and Eighty-Sixed Stuff, and sometimes other things. I guess.

Glasses guy and Witch lady are my favorite. That's an odd rifle she's holding but I like it.

Glasses guy and Witch lady are my favorite. That's an odd rifle she's holding but I like it.
It's a giant bewitched gun that she rides around on like a broom, so it has a banana seat. It's installed on the scope rail.

That guy in the fishnets looks badass, the other girls are cool too. Is that toaster the second one is holding a reference to something?
I really like the witch also, I'm guessing that's a half broomstick, half rifle right?
Haha I guess I was right, that's some Alex Ahad level of creativity right there.

That guy in the fishnets looks badass, the other girls are cool too. Is that toaster the second one is holding a reference to something?
I really like the witch also, I'm guessing that's a half broomstick, half rifle right?
Haha I guess I was right, that's some Alex Ahad level of creativity right there.
It's a robot she made thats also a toaster.

These sketches are really nice. I'm kinda jealous you have these. But it's great you are willing to share them
I just commision him at Fanime, along with a few other people. :V

1.) What is No Man's (Noman's?) Land and Rommelgrand, and how does it relate to Marie and Peacock?

2.) Does Double ever sound like a normal person when she talks to people, or can she not turn off her creepy monster voice?

3.) When, and why, did Peacock start smoking anyway?

4.) What is Marie's birthday and last name? The date that became a Skullgirl would be neat too

5.) What are the ages, at at least approximate, of the other Cirques troupe members?

6.) Where is Filia living after she lost her memory/the duration of time she's with Samson ,is she homeless and on the street?

7.) How long has Samson been attached to her at the beginning of her story mode?

8.) Are all parasites the same age? Are there more being created/born?

9.) How did Eliza’s bodyguards became… bodyguards?

10.) Where did Eliza get her scythe from?

11.) Is there a Skullgirls equivalent to Australia or Southern US?

12.) Are there any known negative effects of synthetic parasites once implanted to the user? If so, do these issues include depression, paranoia, insomnia, hallucinations, etc?

13.) Are artificial parasites sentient?

14.) How does Leduc move? Does he walk, or does he use those ‘wheels’ on the side of his feet to move like a segway?

15.) Who are those kids in the back of Lab 8 with Ileum? Why are they in there in the first place? Are they just orphans rescued from the streets, or younger experiments? Do any of them have special powers?

16.) Is Beezle Bomb implanted inside of Hive’s body? What’s with the odd triangular marking on her forehead? Is it a reference to the dorsal ocelli of insects, or part of what’s given to her by her parasite?

17.) Do the members of Cirque des Cartes have their own reason to join for personal matters? Do most of them besides of Cerebella know they're working/part of the mafia?

18.) If Peacock's real name is 'Patrica', and Big Band is 'Ben Birdland', what are the real names of the other ASG units?

19.) What's the usual climate of Canopy Kingdom?

20.) Do they have 'gentlemens' club anywhere in Canopy?

21.) What was the usual amount of scientist and unit they had to each lab; it could be an estimate, nothing too specific.

22.) How old are Lab 0 and Lab 8? How many years before the story were they established?

23.) What's the nationality equivalent of the main cast besides Cerebella (Brazil) and Fortune (Latina?)?

24.) How many groups of minorities do people discriminate? Are people racists against ferals? Are there 'no parasite allowed' facilities for public buildings?

25.) What did Brain Drain look like before he was rebuilt?

26.) Are Leducs limbs amputated? How exactly did he lose his arms and legs?

27.) How old is Hive?

28.) Was Black Dahlia a different person when or before she was in the labs? Did the procedures make her go mad/rogue? Did she use a different moniker before becoming an assassin?

29.) How do you guys come up with the color palletes? Is there already an idea of what characters get what colors when making them, do you/the team brainstorm for them, they come in a lightbulb moment in the middle of the night, or what?

30.) If Skullgirls wasn't a fighting game, what genre (or even medium) would you make it for instead?

31.) Do you have a favorite overall character out of the current cast (including the currently slated dlc characters)?

32.) Are there any characters you would redesign or recreate if you could/wanted to?

33.) Is Filia's old hairpin sword(s) a scrapped concept or is that something she may use in the future in new/different moves? What-if character like evil Samson?

34.) I think it was mentioned once that the "George" character in the artbook (the awesome dragon knight guy) was a past character. Will he show up in anyone's stories even if he isn't a character himself, or is he really far in the past?

35.) Will we get to see the River King himself some day?

36.) Personally I'm curious about the deities in the Skullgirls universe. In New Meridian, is there just belief in the Trinity and non belief/atheists/agnostics or are there a variety of religions present in the city? is there a formal term for those who worship the Trinity? Trinitins?

37.) As seen in some fan art, will Beowulf have a cultured side to his personality (hanging out in libraries with the hurting catching up on literature?)

38.) Is Cerebella at risk of going insane due to pressure of being famous and Vitale's manipulation?

39.) Is Mrs. Victoria married?

40.) Why does Mrs. Victoria have the alternate persona of D. Violet? Doe she have an inner conflict?

41.) Painwheel has Skullgirl blood in her veins? Could this play out with her having more "Skullgirl" powers later on?

42.) Is the Great Mother involved with Aeon and Eon's interference in the SG world? Or is this behind her figurtive back?

43.) How long has Eliza been operating under her current guise?

If I don't add your question, it's either something that has been throughly asked before or heavily gameplay related, which isn't really Alex's thing.

Last edited:
Oh damn I completely forgot to ask a question, OK here it is.

"What did Beowulf do during his retirement?"

Lots of interesting things. Really shows just how well developed the SG lore is to raise so many concrete questions.

If I'm not too late and if I may, I have a few related to Eliza. Of course, you are free to pose or disregard them, no harm, no foul.
- How did Eliza and Sekhmet became acquainted?
- Do Eliza and Sekhmet have a partnership or is Sekhmet wholly obedient to Eliza? In the first case, does Sekhmet get anything out of the partnership?
- Have Albus and Horace been serving Eliza ever since olden times?
- It's been said that both Samson and Leviathan know Eliza. The former clashed with Eliza alongside a host named Delilah, but what of Leviathan?

EDIT: silly me, didn't notice I brought up some of these already... (.__.)

Sekhmet and Eliza have been bonded for song long that the separation of the two's personalities is beyond blurred. They're more or less the same person.
(for 2)

Reactions: Kai and Balder
Hmm, I'm pretty sure 33) and 39) have already been answered. Alex confirmed that Filia's hairpin swords are still a thing, and I think Ravidrath confirmed that Mrs. Victoria is married, but the identity of her husband is a secret for now. I guess you could still ask him to expand on them though.

Last edited:
None of those questions are even Annie-related.
Only one of those questions is Beowulf related.
It's like we're the only two people with any real taste on this forum.

Here's another question, "Do Beowulf and Annie know each other? They would make the coolest duo."

Star★Wulf

Reactions: DDB
I'm content with those questions, besides there's a few Filia ones and for now that's all I'd like to know ^^
....well unless I think of some other.

Last edited:
Oh, sure, I'll bite.

How many Skullgirls has Annie killed, total?

When/where did Annie find Sagan?

Does the Skullgirl's undead army consist of only the people she herself has killed, or a cumulative total of the people every Skullgirl has killed?

I think the Skullgirl can just control any corpse or skeleton within a certain range and doesn't have to kill them. Which is why Marie would be preparing an army in a catacombs.

Reactions: Denizen
Marie's undead army seems to predominantly consist of former Medici Mafia men, though (Or at least that's what her boss form suggests to me), which is why I bring up the possibility.

If not that, though, I thought of another question:

Are gender roles and stereotypes in the Canopy Kingdom the same as in our society? With the Skull Heart existing specifically for girls, and the only known religion (The Trinity) featuring Goddesses only, it somewhat suggests that women might be historically considered the "greater gender," but some confirmation would be nice.

A lot of great questions in there!
My only concern would be that Alex answers many of them with "Sorry but that would be spoilers"

A lot of great questions in there!
My only concern would be that Alex answers many of them with "Sorry but that would be spoilers"
Thats why I am sending them in advance so time isn't wasted on any he wouldn't want to answer.

Reactions: TailsWorld1
About the Skullgirls controlling corpses thing, Selene was shown raising the corpses of the people who were killed by Dahlia and the Medici hitwomen, and Marie was shown raising Squigly and her skeleton minions includes Gigan corpses, so that I think that confirms that she can raise any corpse in the vicinity.

About the Skullgirls controlling corpses thing, Selene was shown raising the corpses of the people who were killed by Dahlia and the Medici hitwomen, and Marie was shown raising Squigly and her skeleton minions includes Gigan corpses, so that I think that confirms that she can raise any corpse in the vicinity.

I'm sure this was answered as well, If I remember correctly any corpse within a skullgirl's range can be controlled though the exact range was specified. It was stated that either Queen Nancy or Selene couldn't raise someone's corpse due to being in another kingdom.

Questions are closed now.
Wow, I'm glad I got my questions in while I could, that was a close one.

Wow, I'm glad I got my questions in while I could, that was a close one.
Theres no guarantees any one question will get answered, I left it up to Alex's discretion.

Theres no guarantees any one question will get answered, I left it up to Alex's discretion.
I know that, I'm just saying that I almost didn't ask a question at all.
It's like the lottery, you have to be in it to win it.

I know that, I'm just saying that I almost didn't ask a question at all.
It's like the lottery, you have to be in it to win it.
I just don't want to hear bitching when someone's super specific question doesn't get answered.
(I will hear bitching, I already accepted this)

Reactions: TailsWorld1
3PM PST, I suppose?

I just don't want to hear bitching when someone's super specific question doesn't get answered.
Nah...I'll just put these on and have them drooping miserably for the rest of the day. Woe truly is me.

Well Alex got back to me, the following will be getting word of God answers tomorrow. I don't know how in-depth he would be going though.

1.) What is No Man's (Noman's?) Land and Rommelgrand, and how does it relate to Marie and Peacock?

2.) Does Double ever sound like a normal person when she talks to people, or can she not turn off her creepy monster voice?

4.) What is Marie's birthday and last name? The date that became a Skullgirl would be neat too

6.) Where is Filia living after she lost her memory/the duration of time she's with Samson ,is she homeless and on the street?

12.) Are there any known negative effects of synthetic parasites once implanted to the user? If so, do these issues include depression, paranoia, insomnia, hallucinations, etc?

14.) How does Leduc move? Does he walk, or does he use those ‘wheels’ on the side of his feet to move like a segway?

15.) Who are those kids in the back of Lab 8 with Ileum? Why are they in there in the first place? Are they just orphans rescued from the streets, or younger experiments? Do any of them have special powers?

16.) Is Beezle Bomb implanted inside of Hive’s body? What’s with the odd triangular marking on her forehead? Is it a reference to the dorsal ocelli of insects, or part of what’s given to her by her parasite?

17.) Do the members of Cirque des Cartes have their own reason to join for personal matters? Do most of them besides of Cerebella know they're working/part of the mafia?

21.) What was the usual amount of scientist and unit they had to each lab; it could be an estimate, nothing too specific.

24.) How many groups of minorities do people discriminate? Are people racists against ferals? Are there 'no parasite allowed' facilities for public buildings?

27.) How old is Hive?

28.) Was Black Dahlia a different person when or before she was in the labs? Did the procedures make her go mad/rogue? Did she use a different moniker before becoming an assassin?

29.) How do you guys come up with the color palletes? Is there already an idea of what characters get what colors when making them, do you/the team brainstorm for them, they come in a lightbulb moment in the middle of the night, or what?

30.) If Skullgirls wasn't a fighting game, what genre (or even medium) would you make it for instead?

31.) Do you have a favorite overall character out of the current cast (including the currently slated dlc characters)?

32.) Are there any characters you would redesign or recreate if you could/wanted to?

33.) Is Filia's old hairpin sword(s) a scrapped concept or is that something she may use in the future in new/different moves? What-if character like evil Samson?

34.) I think it was mentioned once that the "George" character in the artbook (the awesome dragon knight guy) was a past character. Will he show up in anyone's stories even if he isn't a character himself, or is he really far in the past?

36.) Personally I'm curious about the deities in the Skullgirls universe. In New Meridian, is there just belief in the Trinity and non belief/atheists/agnostics or are there a variety of religions present in the city? is there a formal term for those who worship the Trinity? Trinitins?

40.) Why does Mrs. Victoria have the alternate persona of D. Violet? Doe she have an inner conflict?

41.) Painwheel has Skullgirl blood in her veins? Could this play out with her having more "Skullgirl" powers later on?

42.) Is the Great Mother involved with Aeon and Eon's interference in the SG world? Or is this behind her figurtive back?

45.) It's been said that both Samson and Leviathan know Eliza. The former clashed with Eliza alongside a host named Delilah, but what of Leviathan?

46.) Do Beowulf and Annie know each other?

47.)Are gender roles and stereotypes in the Canopy Kingdom the same as in our society? With the Skull Heart existing specifically for girls, and the only known religion (The Trinity) featuring Goddesses only, it somewhat suggests that women might be historically considered the "greater gender," but some confirmation would be nice.

48.) How many Skullgirls has Annie killed, total? Encountered?

Last edited:
Tomorrow will be so exciting with all this precious trivia.

I'm gonna make some guesses, feel free to join in and we can compare how close we were afterwards.

Rommelgrand is an independent City State, and thus falls outside the canopy Kingdom's anti slavery laws.

She can sound however she wants, just as she can look however she wants.

She still has money to eat at cafes, so she can't be homeless.

There are side effects, I'm basing this off of the two cast members with artificial parasites: they're seriosuly fucked in the head.

Artificial Parasites are akin to artificial intelligence. They might approximate intelligence, at best, but likely wouldn't even come close to the kind of sentience we see from normal parasites.

I'm gonna say that only Cerebella is actually working for the mob.

Canopy... I'd say Rainforest-y, based on some of the in-game aerial shots during the news. Canopolis looks like it's built on the tops of giant trees!

Yes.

27.) How old is Hive?

She didn't go mad, she's just greedy and self-serving.

Beat-em up.

Filia.

They're still a thing. This has actually already been said, though.

The river king is a metaphor for the spirit of the river, and this is why the river king's daughter all look different.

no conflict, just a superhero/secret identity thing.

400 years.

45.) It's been said that both Samson and Leviathan know Eliza. The former clashed with Eliza alongside a host named Delilah, but what of Leviathan?

46.) Do Beowulf and Annie know each other?
Not personally.

47.)Are gender roles and stereotypes in the Canopy Kingdom the same as in our society? With the Skull Heart existing specifically for girls, and the only known religion (The Trinity) featuring Goddesses only, it somewhat suggests that women might be historically considered the "greater gender," but some confirmation would be nice.

48.) How many Skullgirls has Annie killed, total? Encountered?
Encountered 5, killed 2.

Cool list Magi, looking forward to seeing some of the Lab-related questions getting answered.