• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Beta Aug 5th Patch Discussion

Pressing any P+K combination that counts as an assist call doesn't either cancel it or do a stancel from neutral?
So PP or KK or PPP or 3K or P+K that ISN'T an assist call would all still work fine. And like, holding a P and pressing an assist-call-diagonal K would still cancel it, it would just be same frame P+K that count as assist calls that don't.

I realize my suggestion is pointless and I like this idea much better.

So pme just showed me that fortune can activate nom and super and dhc out while nom is still active. Dhcing into robo beam super getting hit for it but winning the trade cus nom gave him time to dash up combo after getting hit out of beam super. Can this not be a thing?
I mean, it is KINDA COOL you know...but yeah, it should probably not be a thing. Head's not a fireball, and shadows already do this.

I realize my suggestion is pointless and I like this idea much better.
It's not, because you still wouldn't be able to get H DP. You'd get K stance. :^P So changing the priority does matter.

@ SQUIGLY AND PAINWHEEL PLAYERS
I already asked this generally before and nobody answered, but, P > K or K > P for special moves?

When you're fucking up inputs, it's better to get kick moves cuz they're safer. If you don't suck (i.e. not me) punch moves are better because that's generally what you actually want. So, probably just keep punches > kicks.

Please don't take [Nom > CSF > DHC to Magnet while Nom is active] from me, I only started doing that :( That, and Zoom towards Fortune > Robo tag to bounce the head at them for a meterless semi-safe tag.

If head's not a fireball, can everything not Nom not be reflected by Bella then? :^)

Some input on Big Band and Painwheel

I'm not too keen on the gravity scaling on j mk. I think I enjoyed either the once per combo/less damaging j mk option we had before. If you want to keep it to two times per combo, instead of doing the gravity scaling why not just limit it to 2 instead of 1?
just make it so j.mk[2] does 1 fewer hit every time you use it again in a combo lmao

Install doesn't end until you drop your combo now. Does this change your wall of text? :^P

I think my problem is that I'm trying to justify ever using install for damage unless I'm going to spend 3+ bars. I was talking to @cloudKing211 about it and we both kind of agree, there never seems that much of a reason to install in neutral on point, even at low health if the only benefit we're getting is better neutral and as much damage as if we spent 1 bar and getting meter nerfed in this mode. We were talking about trying to find a way to run install for 1 bar. You can give it slightly less time, and remove the lvl 3 scaling on her supers. This way she can use it at neutral without have a large stock of meter from the rest of the match. I just want to open the idea of discussion for it.

Last edited:
@ SQUIGLY AND PAINWHEEL PLAYERS
I already asked this generally before and nobody answered, but, P > K or K > P for special moves?

K > P for painwheel please!

It's not, because you still wouldn't be able to get H DP. You'd get K stance. :^P So changing the priority does matter.
I just tested, I get k stance when I do 6236 HP+MK, but when I do exactly 623 HP+MK, I will get H DP. Unless you're referring to something else or I'm missing something. It's weird, but if the change makes what I'm trying to do easier then I'm all for it.

In other words, P>K squigly please and thanks.

I think if a level 1 install was to exist, then charged nails (a big feature of HI neutral use) just scale followups by 50 percent. Also, another change could be to have any confirm while in HI scale by some percentage (75? 65?). That way the first chain before buers will do less damage.

Overall, with current changes and supposed (currently just thoughts) changes, Hatred Install could look like this:
-Costs 1 meter
-converting off nails scales to 50%
-converting any other way starts at 75% (or some number)
-less time in install initially, and scale the time slightly higher with her health level
-remove scaling buff on follow-up supers to match its utility change.
-Give 1 frame armor startup to s.lp, and remove it from the other charge normals

what does this p>k shenanigans stand for

cuteboy with the clutch

K > P
Painwheel, I assume?

I think if a level 1 install was to exist
It won't, though.

there never seems that much of a reason to install in neutral on point
[snip]
if the only benefit we're getting is better neutral
"Sucks to use it in neutral because it improves your neutral." HOW does this make sense?
:^\

Also man...first frame armor with an extra hit in it that you can't die during. Some of this just comes down to that you want it to be something it's not, while ignoring what it IS. It's 18 seconds of comeback potential. You know how stupid Bang's Furinkazan turned out to be after people actually started using it at neutral? Yeesh.

I think I know how to increase Install damage though, that's not hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Midiman
there never seems that much of a reason to install in neutral on point
[snip]
if the only benefit we're getting is better neutral
Seriously I had to post this twice because I can't believe you really said that.

Reactions: Midiman
Just out of curiosity, do you have a potential deadline to end this phase of updates and have it go into non-beta?

Just out of curiosity, do you have a potential deadline to end this phase of updates and have it go into non-beta?
My guess would be when lobbies and everything else outside of gameplay is also done.

Can Eliza have more hitstun on the third hit of a second sHPx3 in a combo so Horace can combo on the shorter characters?
It's weird that Horace combos with the second hit of sHPx3 all fine on everyone but not the third.

Are parts of upper khat supposed to whiff vs Squigly and also as a reversal in situations vs Filia if you chain from L to MH? It kinda blows.

Silly QOL idea, but any chance on having automatic headbutt or knee from holding the P/K buttons during Grab Mode?

keep to the discussion if we can.
Is there any other assist that is a dp and multi hit that sucks people out of the corner for ambiguous mixups on block?

the only one i think is M beat extend. could be wrong.

Edit: was intended for "bigeffindude"

Are parts of upper khat supposed to whiff vs Squigly and also as a reversal in situations vs Filia if you chain from L to MH? It kinda blows.

It kinda makes sense on squigly, given her itty bitty waist. The issue I usually hit is that light UK doesn't push far enough back for followup hits to... hit. Is it possible to give different zones of the Upper Khat to have different push back? If point blank Upper Khat pushed back a little more, it'd be a bit safer as a reversal

Seriously I had to post this twice because I can't believe you really said that.
Can I blame damage reduction rage haze from making me think straight? When I'm thinking comeback potential, I'm thinking how many less times do I have to hit my opponent before I kill them, at which point I'd rather break my meter use up into multiple lvl 1 supers rather than install since they do more damage and don't cause my followup resets and hits to scale my meter by 1/3 when her meter game is already average at best.

I understand that it's a great boon to her neutral, but after neutral is done and you get the hit I feel like my damage and meter is being somewhat punished unless I have a very large reserve of it from the rest of the match. Which would lead you to believe she's supposed to be played on anchor, when in reality you see her on point for a lot of pw players

Last edited:
Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
Can Eliza have more hitstun on the third hit of a second sHPx3 in a combo so Horace can combo on the shorter characters?
It's weird that Horace combos with the second hit of sHPx3 all fine on everyone but not the third.
You mean the non-knockdown version?

Can I blame damage reduction rage haze from making me think straight?
No, because in order to rationally discuss something you have to think straight. :^P

When I'm thinking comeback potential, I'm thinking how many less times do I have to hit my opponent before I kill them
When I think comeback potential I think Evo Moment #37, which is about not-dying vs dying. He didn't even do the max damage punish.
Armor on frame 1 that prevents you from dying = much easier to actually win neutral.

Silly QOL idea, but any chance on having automatic headbutt or knee from holding the P/K buttons during Grab Mode?
Nope. Even if I wanted it, which I don't, it'd be harder to stop and do a finisher without doing the last one.

Send me a replay file.

I think Hatred Install would be much more worth the current amount if it added additional properties to her as an assist like making C.Hp an armored overhead, C.Hk an armored sweep with purple bounce or Armor on Pinion like power tackle from Colossus

Would the complainwheels be satisfied if HI were semi-permanent but ended instantly when PW is thrown/snapped, like Sekhmet?

Yes.
I'm guessing about two weeks then?

Maybe since this is the final patch that will be played for ten more years at all future tournaments we can just let Mike release it when he feels it's ready and not pester him for a rushed ETA.

He's already working all nights after work on it, and weekends.

I'm a fan of just waiting on the final patch for the sake of quality.

I'm a bigger fan of peacock anti air buffs to cr.lk and cr.mp.
Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk