• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Encore Edition Tiers and Matchups Discussion Thread: The Revengeance

You know it's funny that mostly everyone's tier list has the top tier as the best point characters, and not support or anchors
Big Band should probably by higher, but I try to tier based on the maximum impact a character can have to a team. ie. optimal assists, partners etc.

PW that low? Why? What is she lacking that makes her so bad? Just curious.
She's not bad at all, everyone else is just better.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Since know one wants to speak for Squigly, I guess I'll give it a shot.

As all of you probably know, Squigly has the ability to pressure/punish the opponent from just about anywhere. It takes a charge plus a bar of meter, which the bar is what you should be worried about. It is extremely easy for squigs to get a charge, and you can always set up your combo to get you one. One of the problems she has however is meter. Her meter building in combos isn't too shabby (unless you start with things like sbo, silver chord,or daisy pusher), but getting meter at neutral is very impractical unless you have no bar at all.

Characters like peacock and parasoul throw out projectiles all the time which gets them a lot of meter. Squigs however doesn't really have an option at full screen. The only thing you should do at full screen is get your dragon's breath charged. Serpant stance is really not that important to level up, and trying to zone with tremelo is pretty risky without assists to help lock the opponent down.

Her pressure can be really safe as she has stance cancels. If the opponent pushblocks, she can just stance cancel if she suspects a pbgc. You can even use stancels to bait pushblocks (ex: c.hp cancel before it hits). Obviously way better if you have a charge.

Mid screen I would say sbo is her best option. Not every character can do something about it. You can also do j.mk from this range which can cross up and like double's j.hp, it can be fast fallen for additional mixup. J.lk can be used if you suspect your opponent to jump. Even if they don't, you recover before you hit the ground allowing you to block or do your double jump

On defense, it suffers a lot if you don't have dragon's breath charged. Daisy pusher can be good against some members of the cast, but i'm sure you all know that means nothing if they have an assist they can tag into. A really good option is pushblock into sbo. This can catch a lot of characters in recovery depending on your timing. Sbo dhc'd into something can be a get out of jail free card if you have the right character for it (big band is bad, parasoul is pretty good etc).

Squigly's damage is really good. She can get decent damage output without even using a bar. With seria, she can get over 8k. Having an assist like brass H can get rid of the need to use meter or a charge to breach 7k.

Mixups and resets are very solid. Her ground resets become godlike when she has a charge. She can do so many fake outs. On top of that she gets access to center stage > daisy pusher which can be center stage to sbo if you jump as she has plenty of time to see what you do. She has a really good air vortex that works on every character. She has the option to crossunder, fake it, high/low/throw and double up with low > throw, low> high etc. Also her j.lp can fuzzy everyone, and on bella and bb it's an instant overhead.

Her movement I would say is a toned down version of val's. Squigly is really floaty, so her double jump takes her farther than others. She can attack at weird angles thanks to j.mk, j.mp, and her divekicks. Know where near as good as val though.

On teams she doesn't offer much outside of lockdown assists which in comparison to others, aren't too great. Characters like parasoul still appreciate a lockdown assist though. She also offers safe dhc's and some interesting ones if you dhc from her (like sbo > bandwagon). Also daisy pusher has a lot of invincibility, which is helpful in some situations. On point she can get the starting momentum with sbo on some characters. Some assists can make it work on those characters it didn't before. Having an assist like cerecopter, can net you some meterless pressure. As anchor, she can make great use of the meter you left her by getting out of pressure and starting her own.

Matchups ( Not having meter or having a charge changes some matchups)

Fortune, 6/4 Squigly. You win air to air and fortune can't do anything about sbo. pushblock into sbo works on her. Squigs doesn't really care about the head and again wins air to air.Without meter I still say squigly wins
Peacock, 6/4 Peacock (6/4 squigly with a charge) Hard to get in. Hard to get a charge.
Painwheel, 6/4 Squigly (not because of j.hp. more pws should punish that) Pw doesn't get in for free and zoning only gives squigs time to charge. sbo at neutral just stops pw from doing anything really.
Filia, 5/5 ( maybe 6/4 filia, 6/4 squigly with a charge) it can be hard to keep her out but meter helps a lot.
Cerebella, 5/5 (maybe 6/4 bella) Bella is hard to keep out, and hard to push off. sbo and j.lk stops her if she jumps.
Valentine, 5/5. It can be hard for either of them to open up the other. no meter doesn't hurt sguigs but meterless val gives squigs more options.
Parasoul, 6/4 Squigly ( maybe 7/3 with a charge) Parasoul's j.lp > call assist is probably the only thing squigs can't do anything about. j.lp by itself gets punished, zoning gives her time to charge. With no meter squigs has to go in. Plus Parasoul can start abusing her jump ins and blockstrings.
Double, 5/5
Big Band, 6/4 Squigly (possibly 7/3) He can punish j.hp with beat extend or a train but i think thats it. There really isn't much else he can do. I can't think of a situation where he wins. Please help BB players
Fukua, 5/5 (maybe 6/4 squigly) Dash under air fireballs or you can put up a sbo to block them for you. Not hard to get a charge. No meter hurts a little but not a lot.

Overall I think squigly is mid-tier. Just as good as Double if not slightly better. She has the ability to pressure without having to worry about reversals. You are never too far away from her (unless you are peacock). Meter is pretty important. I wouldn't say she is meter dependent, but it gives her safer/better options. Her assists aren't so great. Dhc's well with others. Has decent matchups. She's very solid.

P.S. I got tired of typing this like halfway through so if i said anything that makes no sense or just didn't fully explain, I'm sorry.

Since know one wants to speak for Squigly, I guess I'll give it a shot.

As all of you probably know, Squigly has the ability to pressure/punish the opponent from just about anywhere. It takes a charge plus a bar of meter, which the bar is what you should be worried about. It is extremely easy for squigs to get a charge, and you can always set up your combo to get you one. One of the problems she has however is meter. Her meter building in combos isn't too shabby (unless you start with things like sbo, silver chord,or daisy pusher), but getting meter at neutral is very impractical unless you have no bar at all.

Characters like peacock and parasoul throw out projectiles all the time which gets them a lot of meter. Squigs however doesn't really have an option at full screen. The only thing you should do at full screen is get your dragon's breath charged. Serpant stance is really not that important to level up, and trying to zone with tremelo is pretty risky without assists to help lock the opponent down.

Her pressure can be really safe as she has stance cancels. If the opponent pushblocks, she can just stance cancel if she suspects a pbgc. You can even use stancels to bait pushblocks (ex: c.hp cancel before it hits). Obviously way better if you have a charge.

Mid screen I would say sbo is her best option. Not every character can do something about it. You can also do j.mk from this range which can cross up and like double's j.hp, it can be fast fallen for additional mixup. J.lk can be used if you suspect your opponent to jump. Even if they don't, you recover before you hit the ground allowing you to block or do your double jump

On defense, it suffers a lot if you don't have dragon's breath charged. Daisy pusher can be good against some members of the cast, but i'm sure you all know that means nothing if they have an assist they can tag into. A really good option is pushblock into sbo. This can catch a lot of characters in recovery depending on your timing. Sbo dhc'd into something can be a get out of jail free card if you have the right character for it (big band is bad, parasoul is pretty good etc).

Squigly's damage is really good. She can get decent damage output without even using a bar. With seria, she can get over 8k. Having an assist like brass H can get rid of the need to use meter or a charge to breach 7k.

Mixups and resets are very solid. Her ground resets become godlike when she has a charge. She can do so many fake outs. On top of that she gets access to center stage > daisy pusher which can be center stage to sbo if you jump as she has plenty of time to see what you do. She has a really good air vortex that works on every character. She has the option to crossunder, fake it, high/low/throw and double up with low > throw, low> high etc. Also her j.lp can fuzzy everyone, and on bella and bb it's an instant overhead.

Her movement I would say is a toned down version of val's. Squigly is really floaty, so her double jump takes her farther than others. She can attack at weird angles thanks to j.mk, j.mp, and her divekicks. Know where near as good as val though.

On teams she doesn't offer much outside of lockdown assists which in comparison to others, aren't too great. Characters like parasoul still appreciate a lockdown assist though. She also offers safe dhc's and some interesting ones if you dhc from her (like sbo > bandwagon). Also daisy pusher has a lot of invincibility, which is helpful in some situations. On point she can get the starting momentum with sbo on some characters. Some assists can make it work on those characters it didn't before. Having an assist like cerecopter, can net you some meterless pressure. As anchor, she can make great use of the meter you left her by getting out of pressure and starting her own.

Matchups ( Not having meter or having a charge changes some matchups)

Fortune, 6/4 Squigly. You win air to air and fortune can't do anything about sbo. pushblock into sbo works on her. Squigs doesn't really care about the head and again wins air to air.Without meter I still say squigly wins
Peacock, 6/4 Peacock (6/4 squigly with a charge) Hard to get in. Hard to get a charge.
Painwheel, 6/4 Squigly (not because of j.hp. more pws should punish that) Pw doesn't get in for free and zoning only gives squigs time to charge. sbo at neutral just stops pw from doing anything really.
Filia, 5/5 ( maybe 6/4 filia, 6/4 squigly with a charge) it can be hard to keep her out but meter helps a lot.
Cerebella, 5/5 (maybe 6/4 bella) Bella is hard to keep out, and hard to push off. sbo and j.lk stops her if she jumps.
Valentine, 5/5. It can be hard for either of them to open up the other. no meter doesn't hurt sguigs but meterless val gives squigs more options.
Parasoul, 6/4 Squigly ( maybe 7/3 with a charge) Parasoul's j.lp > call assist is probably the only thing squigs can't do anything about. j.lp by itself gets punished, zoning gives her time to charge. With no meter squigs has to go in. Plus Parasoul can start abusing her jump ins and blockstrings.
Double, 5/5
Big Band, 6/4 Squigly (possibly 7/3) He can punish j.hp with beat extend or a train but i think thats it. There really isn't much else he can do. I can't think of a situation where he wins. Please help BB players
Fukua, 5/5 (maybe 6/4 squigly) Dash under air fireballs or you can put up a sbo to block them for you. Not hard to get a charge. No meter hurts a little but not a lot.

Overall I think squigly is mid-tier. Just as good as Double if not slightly better. She has the ability to pressure without having to worry about reversals. You are never too far away from her (unless you are peacock). Meter is pretty important. I wouldn't say she is meter dependent, but it gives her safer/better options. Her assists aren't so great. Dhc's well with others. Has decent matchups. She's very solid.

P.S. I got tired of typing this like halfway through so if i said anything that makes no sense or just didn't fully explain, I'm sorry.

Thank you for this, Adeveis. This will help me greatly with my solo Squigly game and I agree with most of the things you said. Though many online players ALLOW me to charge up....>v>

Thank you for this, Adeveis.
Look here, a variety of secret tricks; on how to quote long posts where you don't refer to anything specifically

[..]
<SQG Matchups>
Since [no] one wants to speak for Squigly, I guess I'll give it a shot.
tbc

What does everyone think of fighting with or against Beat Extend as an assist? Good? Bad? Better than Updo? Worse than Updo?

Against? I dont know.

With? Seems ridiculously good and gets me happy birthdays and easy confirms. But i have to use BB to get it and i havent found the perfect assist for "my" BB yet.

Nobody notices beat extend the times it just gets stuffed out of assist startup, and this happens a lot more often than with updo or napalm pillar
I bet it's possible to reliably counter predictable beat extend calls, since the assist hurtbox is always likely to be much bigger than anyone calling it.

Reactions: Tomo009 and Dime
Nobody notices beat extend the times it just gets stuffed out of assist startup, and this happens a lot more often than with updo or napalm pillar
I bet it's possible to reliably counter predictable beat extend calls, since the assist hurtbox is always likely to be much bigger than anyone calling it.

Ive noticed it in my own game, but as i got more and more used to/in tune with beat extends range and startup it happens less and less.

Then again that could be because i got smarter with it and started spamming it less... Which measn it is on the field less than pillar or updo, on average, at least in my own game.

A big thing about it (no pun intended) is that BB is so big that a beat extend call can get hit out of startup by something like a Filia IAD j.LK j.HK chain yet Filia will never touch the point character, particularly a crouching point character. It makes downback + call beat extend better than downback + some other DP assist. Combine that with how the usual carries for double snaps tend to drop on BB and it's really a thing to deal with.

beat extend worse than updo. i'd rather face updo/pillar shell over one beat extend team.

Updo if the assist gets in the way then you're blocked, unable to convert. that's not my problem with beat extend. he pops up so damn fast for the fat dude he is, just to say "wassup get caught in the beat tho". the fact that he can be recalled faster than updo and pillar is hilarious and frustrating because attempting to hit him out of startup is hard and even more hard if someone dash jump block essientially covering the startup. in order for it to be stuffed you would have to really really really call shitband in the sloppiest assistcall.

it snags for easy happy Bdays(you don't even have to walk or dash for conversion LOL) and essientially give the whole team's prescense a sort of "bella fear" you know you have to fight the team but you don't want to run into beat extend so you try to pick your fights but sooner or later you can backed into a corner very easily. you can't updo or fiber if someone jumps and assist calls so you're stuck with standing block for the majority(save for Absolute guard).

Overall this assist is one of the most laziest ones I've had to fight against but I just shut up and play against the team and try to grab so people actually start playing this game the smart way and actually pick a time to call the assist. which give me time to think on my approaches and such.

Beat Extend is the best assist in the game on my view. It is awful to vs and god-like to use. Anytime someone is running a BB second prepare for them to play lame as the game boils down to "only confirm off of BE".

It is like they wanted to teach us a lesson for bitching about Updo.

Beat Extend is the best assist in the game on my view. It is awful to vs and god-like to use. Anytime someone is running a BB second prepare for them to play lame as the game boils down to "only confirm off of BE".

It is like they wanted to teach us a lesson for bitching about Updo.

You know, all of these complaints are actually identical to how people bitched about updo, and everyone worth their salt learned how to out-space and bait updo.

It's only a matter of time before people learn how to deal with L Extend.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Val's j.MP does a really good job of stuffing L beat extend, otherwise <insert what everybody else already said about happy birthdays>

My problem with beat extend is that even if you bait it and get a happy birthday, big band's fat ass ruins the combo, especially against small bodies like squigly's.

Reactions: Spencer
You know, all of these complaints are actually identical to how people bitched about updo, and everyone worth their salt learned how to out-space and bait updo.

we'll have to wait and see.
personally beat extend also allows pressure if the person is on point. one would think by crouch blocking that it lessens the blockstun to a considerable amount but that is futile. if someone calls out extend stupidly of course we can out space it. but it becomes a matter of who gets the chip first and after many seconds of play and trying to be careful you HAVE to take the risk to go at the opponent despite the risk of extend. meanwhile the offender of this notion doesn't have to do much. dunno how i actually feel about the assist cause i don't main big target(god bless), but what i do know is that trying to counter call it might risk getting happy bday by point. the assist is faster than updo(feels like it please confirm whether or not) and he gets off the screen fast and appears on the scene fast.

literally the best way to counter this notion is to hopefully gain a hit, cross under and hope the opponent panicks and calls big target and have a team designed for corner carry so that you can double snap big target and then the battle becomes easier.

My problem with beat extend is that even if you bait it and get a happy birthday, big band's fat ass ruins the combo, especially against small bodies like squigly's.
Not if the point character is Double ;_;

@zeknife to answer why it gets stuff is because of the 2 frames of vulnerability. which is cool but its finicky. @theDMAGS the reason why is the same with PW's j mp its a multi hit which essentially is your meaty to the assist.

the universal way of dealing with the assist is either find ways to get someone to make a sloppy call while you're in your reset because hitting the point before band becomes active will leave him on screen to get happy bday into double snap. the other way (not recommended) is snapping in big band. he has defensive tools and on the right read you can eat a 1/3 and big band can hard tag out after using take the a train.

I wanna say the angle at which Val attacks with her j.mp also plays a big factor, since she comes in really steep and can avoid the beat extend hitbox's. I feel like I've seen her stuff beat extend assist after it's gone active, but now that I'm looking at the frame data + hitbox data I find that a lot harder to believe.

I think yes to an extent. Updo never went anywhere. We didn't "learn to deal with it" so much as we all just accepted that you need a reversal assist on a team. They are still as powerful as they have always been, and they are countered by getting one of your own I also think the Beat Extend proliferation speaks for itself.

This is a nigh perfect game except for two huge red marks: Solo isn't viable, and the necessity of DP assists is a shame. Though I've picked up a team (out of necessity), and FU (out of necessity), that doesn't mean I love the state of either. And to further cement my belief that BE is the strongest assist in the game, I'm looking to drop FU for BE, or in other words... I'm looking to pick up a character I think is generally weak, boring, and really just not my style simply because BE alone will help carry my game further.

Edited to add: We really haven't "figured" much out. DP assists are still handled the exact same way they always have. Bait them out (low risk/low reward) or try to go for a multihit low (or something similar) and happy birthday (high risk/high reward). They still influence the flow of the match more than any single move.

This is a nigh perfect game except for two huge red marks: Solo isn't viable, and the necessity of DP assists is a shame.
ask @Pikmario on what he did to mayor of earth. mind you that mayor has shitband on his team.

about the necessity of DP assist. i somewhat agree and somewhat disagree. for PW? YES for squigly? YES for filia? no. right now i run filia/fukua/bella and 9/10 my filia dies so there's that.

it is strong. but people can choose not to go DP assist and still do well. one of the more well known people to break the archetype would be sonic fox with filia runnning c mk assist.

Defensive assists are not a replacement for reversals

I'm assuming you mean because he's solo? I think there are a few exceptions. The generally shitty BB can be tough because his damage output can punish mistakes like mad. Aside from that, solo can occasionally hang, but in my experience it is intentionally gimping oneself, and I don't think I'm being unfair when I say that we'll never see a solo in Grand Final's, and I'd be incredibly surprised to see a solo in top 8 including Zid, Pik, Wing, and a bunch of other really great players.

@zeknife

I'm some case they have to be. PW?

there's a difference?
If you call a defensive assist, you stay vulnerable the entire time until (if) it hits. That's a pretty big difference to being immediately invincible on frame 1!

Edit: Also, assists have 22 frames of startup before they even start doing anything. That is reactable every time if you are paying attention. Most characters surely have some answer to this if they're in a normal, unless they're just mindlessly jumping in repeatedly.

Last edited:
it's really not hard to not get hit by a dp assist, it's just that we have a VERY strong instinct of not thinking about it when we're going in on the opponent and it feels bad when they don't call the assist and you just sit there and lose your momentum.

Reactions: Cadenza
Yes. What you get is damage. What you lose is total HP, the ability to regenerate life, move options to fill your holes (sexy), and starting momentum.

It isn't generally worth it. I think if you were to take two equally skilled players, the one that decides to go solo starts at an immediate disadvantage. Hell, have Sage run through the EVO top 4 solo.

@CaioLugon It isn't that it is hard to avoid them. The problem is that it is hard to gain momentum when they are on the field. There is a tiny window between calls that you can exploit (it is larger if you are trying to hit the assist, but hitting them can be very, very risky... especially the DP assists since they are right next to point.).

Yes. What you get is damage. What you lose is total HP, the ability to regenerate life, move options to fill your holes (sexy), and starting momentum.

It isn't generally worth it. I think if you were to take two equally skilled players, the one that decides to go solo starts at an immediate disadvantage. Hell, have Sage run through the EVO top 4 solo.

@CaioLugon It isn't that it is hard to avoid them. The problem is that it is hard to gain momentum when they are on the field. There is a tiny window between calls that you can exploit (it is larger if you are trying to hit the assist, but hitting them can be very, very risky... especially the DP assists since they are right next to point.).
are you going to evo? no.
do you want to win evo? no?
do you want to improve your overall neutral and not call assist like an idiot? yes? then go solo for a bit and then run a team.

its cool if you think solo is unviable. i think it is for various reasons. one of the many reasons is that generally they don't have to worry about risky assist calls along with them knowing that you have assist so they're generally extra careful. funny enough i know of a player doing solo that will happy bday and midscreen teams left and right if he gets the chance.

if all you think about is how sage or any top player performs then you're looking at the game for purely hard stone objective reasons for optimal victory(again are you planning to place at evo?) rather than looking for ways to better your team.

That said though with PW you either need a lockdown assist or some form of assist that allows conversion.

TLDR: you can play the game and win games however you want. just might take more effort and more attention to your neutral more than others. Don't downplay anything in this game or else it will be your downfall.

It's just mindgames dude, you go in and you make a decision based on the situation, sometimes your best decision is not a particularly good one, but it's still one that might win you the game

Is solo viable for me by your standards? Yes. I can generally beat your average QM'er.

I mention EVO because if we are talking viability, then the place most people look is at the top level. It isn't viable there. Admittedly, at least initially it is more viable at a beginner level, but the better you get the more it tapers off.

And don't rock the ad hominum (the bit about not looking for ways to better my team)... because that's patently false. I picked up a team (because solo isn't viable). I picked up a DP assist (because not having one is an uphill battle). I'm considering a swap from MF to BB despite hating BB (because "pick top tier", right... and BE is nothing if not top tier).

And who knows, I'd definitely like to go to EVO if I can swing it (time and money, man... time and money). Would I like to place? Absolutely. Will I? Probably not at the rate I've been playing SG lately.

Your TLDR is the exact definition of not viable. Terran was beating out Zerg on occasion despite being UP in the MU. Every champ sees some play in LoL despite there being huge class differences. Hugo is winning games in SFIV on occasion. None of that makes it viable. I still stand by the statement that two equally skilled, average or better players give something up by going solo.

Hell, the one solo advantage (health and damage) is actually a slight disadvantage after a few seconds of red health regeneration. Net health/damage for a solo: 29315 Net health/damage for a trio: 28602 for a whopping difference of 713 health. A solo character recovers 95.34 health every 60 frames meaning after ~7 seconds, solo has lost their health advantage too. And what do they give up for that amazing 713 health? DHC (meaning stronger relative combos), AC, assist calls, and regenerating life. So we can talk about how yes, you can win as solo (I have). But to even imply that solo is as strong as a team I think is being overtly dishonest.

How did this go from "How good is Beat Extend really?" to Spencer whining about Solos again?

Anchor Valentine isn't good, don't play anchor Valentine. Plenty other places where the character is good.
Jab assist isn't good, don't run jab assist. Plenty other assists which you can choose from, even if you don't like defensive assists.

If you really really want to play Squigly/Painwheel/Valentine with Jab/Short/MortuaryDrop assists, then you'll need a lot of work and people will tell you you're crazy, but good luck!
Just don't whine about it, don't sprout "Well I lost, but only because my team sucks! I'm actually the better player than you are!", and don't ask people to buff Painwheel s.LK because you feel the assist is lacking.

Thanks.

Back to Beat Extend, umm it's good! And I have no idea what Mike was talking about when he said it's not a defensive assist.

reply incoming!
Look, if sonicfox got through with filia point with bella LNL and NOT a DP assist then its saying something. this game is balanced to the point where careful placement on assist can win you any game and make it viable.

and what's considered viable to you? if the matchup is uphill then its uphill filia vs para
PW vs everyone except headless fortune.
your complaint about dp assist being dominant in the game is true but that's because its an immediate reward. there are other assist that can used and still be won. Woofly uses some janky assist.

btw.....HOW THE HELL DOES MY TLDR EQUAL THAT? Look if you want to know what's not viable? play rachel or tsubaki in blazblue CS. their effort and execution was not worth their damage output in exchange for the relative ease of other characters to get oki and damage. I never said solo was as strong as a team. but don't sleep on solo for the sheer fact that some people that stayed the solo route knows more about their character's neutral than a majority of the team players and that in itself is really disturbing considering how most teams fall apart after their DP assist is gone.

Um... Hlnl is an invulnerable aka dp assist.

It isnt perfect, but saying its some kind of non dp assist is misleading. You have to hit the thing with a sweep or 3 hits to break its armor... While worrying about the point character...

Um... Hlnl is an invulnerable aka dp assist.

It isnt perfect, but saying its some kind of non dp assist is misleading. You have to hit the thing with a sweep or 3 hits to break its armor... While worrying about the point character...

um...what?

Its invulnerable to any 2 consecutive attacks that arent sweeps.

...?

...?
Fukua L shadow says hi. that said i'm not counting LNL because 1.
converting isn't its place. its for defensive measures.
2.its very horizontal and covers ground.

DP assist typical are completely invuln and allow conversion with relative ease. sorry but in my view it does not count. might count for you but will never count for me.

...?

No. Not good enough.

Oh Isa, I was waiting for your snark. I'm glad you never disappoint. I casually mentioned that the game is perfect except for two issues, one being solo's aren't viable. Those 3 words in two paragraphs about BE which was 100% on topic. Don't blame me when people pick up on those 3 words and want to have a discussion about them. Fuck, man. You're actually on my side. Not only do you not think solos are viable, you don't think they should be viable. If anything you're just helping me out. That said, if we ever talk about whether solo should be viable, I'll make sure to page you.

@Dreamepitaph I'm going to let this die so people can get back to talking about team building (see also: which DP they want), but before I do... count up the number of invuln assists in SG at Evo 2014. Do the same for Evo 2013. I'll grant you that LnL isn't an assist (but I'm taking Double Butt since it meets your criteria exactly). I'm guessing the best players in SG overwhelmingly take invuln assists which I think speaks for itself.

Reactions: Cadenza