• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Original / Fan Character Thread

thanks for the review, i'll try to reply to all of these issues as best i can.

-Changed to be the Canopy Kingdom Navy, i originally went with the black egrets because i went to the lore page and it said that the black egrets had different divisions, so i thought "well, they ought to have a naval division right?" which is likely, but i do agree that it is an elite group, and him just getting in seemed a little un-canon.

-i was hoping for it to be a part of the Marie timeline, but that can be subject to change, i actually was thinking it could take place directly after she throws a part of the Medici Tower at that blimp from Squigly's story mode at the beginning, and when it was thrown it caused debris to fall from it onto the docks, kind of like a meteor shower.

-Weight. Done.

-Working on revising the outfit to look better, if i could draw on the computer i could give examples on his clothing to make it look better, i would. but i don't have a scanner, and i don't think using paint would cut it. :/

-Grolvar is a bit of a problem child for me... i can't find anything that tells me about how a living weapon expresses itself. the lore page only tells me that they're made from Theonite, they're forged by special weaponsmiths, they don't age, etc. i can't find how they actually express themselves anywhere. not even looking at vice versa or kreig brought anything up. i DO want it to be a living weapon though. as for where he came from, i thought about going into it in depth, but i felt it would have been too much heavy reading for a first draft, maybe i'll create another "spoiler" just for Grolvar's History.

-i was considering this, like anchors would be fun air grab that would make the opponent drop to the floor, maybe lifesavers to stagger them by putting them over their heads, i was considering grenades and pistols, but at the same time i was afraid it could have detracted form Grolvar too much, and that he might have had too much going on if i gave him everything. on the other hand i DID give him a giant boat, plus valentine pulls random crap out of nowhere pretty much all the time, I'll look into it more.

-"i was hoping for it to be a part of the Marie timeline, but that can be subject to change, i actually was thinking it could take place directly after she throws a part of the Medici Tower at that blimp from Squigly's story mode at the beginning, and when it was thrown it caused debris to fall from it onto the docks, kind of like a meteor shower."
-You see that right there makes sense and answers all of my questions.

-"Grolvar is a bit of a problem child for me... i can't find anything that tells me about how a living weapon expresses itself. the lore page only tells me that they're made from Theonite, they're forged by special weaponsmiths, they don't age, etc. i can't find how they actually express themselves anywhere. not even looking at vice versa or kreig brought anything up. i DO want it to be a living weapon though."
-You're not looking closely enough, play the game and look at Vice-Versa as he fights. You can clearly see that he's moving autonomously and that he's making expressions on his skull. Krieg doesn't show much in the way of emotion but Hungern is a violent and ravenous beast. Also look at D. Violet's Pazuzu Whip, it's clearly a very aggressive snake. It's very easy to see how Living Weapons express themselves. My advice is to give the oar a face, or at least a mouth, and then give it a personality, but don't make it any more intelligent than an animal.
I just had a great idea, give Grolvar a mouth, and all water attacks erupt from that mouth. Not only it does it make it more like a Living Weapon, but you get to keep the water attacks while still staying true to the Skullgirls theme.

Honestly I'm disappointed that this guy isn't a Dagonian.

Last edited:
alrighty, i'm in the middle of revising Davy some more, and i like the idea of giving him a face, i'll put one on the flat part of the blade.

as for him not being Dagonian, i think it WOULD make more sense, but at the same time, it takes away from what i kind of based the whole idea of this character on, "a very literal translation of the term 'Salty Sea Dog'".

well. despite the rather... em, awkwardness the past discussion may have caused, i'll be brave and post my fan character.

Warning: I do NOT consider myself being very good at writing, much less backstories. so do forgive me if my writing is poor.

that said, at least i tried, here we go.

Davy (get the joke?)
He's a Salty Sea dog! but not in the way of being a pirate, no. he's an experienced Feral sailor who's
lost everything he holds dear to the Skullgirl! so you can imagine he became quite bitter about that.

well. there he is. i really hope i did a good job. this took way too long than it should have. and i may draw him and his weapon, not very good at drawing though.

let me know what you think! is he overpowered? underpowered? perfect? horrible? meh? ideas of your own?
(#anxiety)

EDIT:i changed the complexion description, and the picture to depict him better toward the proper artstyle.

In my book I got news for u, you did do a good job. I Imagine it took you awhile to type all that. I do have a few questions to point out though, and most of them are pointed towards his gameplay on how he'd be over or underpowered:

1. This a just a question but: Of all the Animals in the World, why did you choose a Dog? Are u a dog person? Is it supposed to have an effect on his gameplay or abilities? Or did u have a hard time picking something else? Did you only do it because of the literal 'Salty Sea Dog' thing? I'm just curious, I don't have a beef with this or anything.

2. About the Davy Jones' Locker move.. I get that he has a magic anchor thing that creates water, but if he's a dog, why would he need to submerge from water? Couldn't he just rapidly dig a hole right under his opponents like dogs are known for and use his weapon like a drill? I don't see any move that involves digging holes in the ground, why?

3. Defend the Nest move, since when do dogs have claws as weapons? I thought that's what cats (except for Cheetahs) are known for. Not a big deal, but still.

4. Movement.... All I heard was that he has a double jump and can use Crow's Nest stance to get around... you didn't say normal stuff like his walking speed, method of dashing, or if he can crawl while crouching (he is a dog right? i'd surprised if he couldn't). Jon Talbain from The Darkstalkers series is a werewolf and he has the fastest walking speed in the game, and he walks on all 4 legs so he can go under most projectiles and get around with relative ease.

In UMVC3, Hsien-Ko/Lei-Lei is bottom tier because of her low damage combos and pathetic speed and movement options, making it easy for most characters to run away from her.

5. How big is he compared to the rest of the cast? Size is also an important factor for fighting games. This is pretty harmful for characters like DK, Mewtwo, or Bowser in the Smash Bros series since they are easy to hit and its hard to evade attacks with them and they are easy to combo.

6. Wanting to get revenge on Marie for taking away all he has.. when it was by accident? That sounds a little extreme in my view. This isn't anything bad, but it also kinda sounds like Dan's story in Street Fighter Alpha, who wanted revenge on Sagat for murdering his father (because he took out Sagat's eye, which is why he has that eyepatch), even though it was by accident, sort of. The way you put it, makes me assume that Davy had anger issues or something.

7. A Human and a Dog in Love and Married? That sounds like Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 all over again! And we all know how popular that game was and the interaction between Elise and Sonic. Why, I could even describe it as Bestiality... :P

8. Became accepted at age 15 by his peers when he's a feral? What he'd do that changed his life and earn respect from others? Did he do something great that everyone liked?Have they gotten used to being around him after so many years that they decided to stop discriminating him? Or did they just do it for no apparent reason? I'm also kinda shocked to read that Jennine accepted his form a lot quicker than they did.

And that's it, I'm not really good at asking these kind of questions.. plus I'm spending time to revise on my own OCs.

Last edited:
alrighty, i'm in the middle of revising Davy some more, and i like the idea of giving him a face, i'll put one on the flat part of the blade.

as for him not being Dagonian, i think it WOULD make more sense, but at the same time, it takes away from what i kind of based the whole idea of this character on, "a very literal translation of the term 'Salty Sea Dog'".
I might be pushy here, but just a mouth would look great. It would look kind of like Ragnarok from Soul Eater.

Fair enough, I still think that a play on words is a lame reason to keep from improving a character, but he's yours to do with as you please. It's not like this will be in the game or anything.

One more piece of advice before I'm done here, don't listen to Funker. He doesn't know anything about anything. Listen to me, Zen is your friend.

Last edited:
ASH

In the dead of night, the Devil Bird screams. Only death follows. In Ash's case, that death comes in the form of a bullet the the head.

The sole survivor of a famous family of snipers, this bird-feral is a hunter to be feared, but not seen. She hosts the parasite Will of the Whisper, which resides in the entire left side of her head and torso. Whisper is a spectral parasite that can only hold a physical form when bound to a host. He enables the host to change their arm into a rifle or their hand into a small blade, all for the sake of assassination. This parasite can be projected out of the body, though. In this form, he takes a spectral form of his current owner or one of his previous hosts. His only purpose in this form is to lure targets into open areas for a good, clean shot. Lastly, Whisper's main consciousness resides within the host's head, augmenting the vision in one eye. In this state, only the host can hear his voice, which takes the form of the previous owner's voice (It's not telepathic communication, the host does have to vocally speak to Whisper). His current voice is that of Ash's late little sister, Willow. Whisper separated from Willow when he decided that Ash would be better suited to fulfill his desire, to find and kill the strongest of enemies. Now Ash hunts the strongest prey she can find, other hosts. All at the command of the voice within her head...or so Whisper thinks.
When in every day situations, she is a kind, quiet individual. She generally keeps to herself, but is more than happy to socialize with others if asked. When hunting, she is still quiet, but takes on a ruthless efficiency. She moves silently, she preys silently, and kills silently.

Whisper on the other hand is cruel and manipulative. He sees hosts only as tools for his entertainment, and his idea of entertainment is killing strong individuals by any means necessary. He tries to break his host so they do exactly what he wants, when he wants. One of his favorite things to do is insult and berate the host while they are in a very public place. Since only the host can hear him, they would seem crazy if they were to respond to him.
Likes: Sniping, Heights, Quiet Places, People Watching, The Color Yellow
Dislikes: Whisper's Voice, Missing a Shot, Parasites
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: Since her bones are hollow like a bird's, I don't feel comfortable giving a guess. She's light.
Complexion: Pale
Hair: Long and Brown. Goes past her elbows. Worn straight normally, but tied back when hunting.
Eyes: Amber
Physique: She is thin in order to fit into small places. Small bust size, almost flat. Being a bird feral, she does have brown feathers along her arms that make pseudo-wings. These wings aren't big enough to allow flight, but can help her jump higher and slow aerial descent. She has talons on her fingers and toes, allowing her find a strong position in strange places.
Still working on her daily outfit (Man, I'm bad at coming up with outfits!). When hunting, she wears a dark suit to help her hide in the shadows. The suit has special sleeves that allow her wings freedom. She also wears special footwear that don't cover her talons, allowing her to find interesting perches.

That should do for now. There is more to her story, but I don't know how much I feel like writing. I'm not much of a writer and, as such, am a little worried that I wouldn't be able to do this idea justice. Hopefully this is okay as is. Let me know what y'all think.

I wouldn't call Whisper a Parasite, it doesn't follow any of the rules that Parasites usually do. I liked this at first but it kind of went downhill when you started describing how this spirit thing behaves like a parasite and changes the host's arm into a rifle and stuff. I was also hoping that she would be even more bird-like than you described, maybe having something like a beak.

Here's what popped into my head from the first few sentences, here's what I would do with your idea. Imagine a slender Rito woman with brown hair, clad in red and black clothing while holding a sniper rifle possessed by the spirit of a long dead assassin. Every kill she makes with the rifle feeds the spirit, and in return the spirit assists with her missions. Perhaps throwing his voice to lure and distract targets, concealing her behind a mist of spectral radiation, and generally giving her advice while she peers down the scope.
That's what I would do, I would include that kind of character in the special operations unit of The Wulf Pack.
(Yes I have a very cool idea for a Wulf Pack Black Ops Unit)

Last edited:
I wouldn't call Whisper a Parasite, it doesn't follow any of the rules that Parasites usually do. I liked this at first but it kind of went downhill when you started describing how this spirit thing behaves like a parasite and changes the hosts arm into a rifle and stuff. I was also hoping that she would be even more birdlike than you described, maybe having something like a beak.

Sorry, I must be a little fuzzy on my parasite rules. Where did I go wrong? As for the beak thing, I'm trying to decide between a small beak or just a smaller mouth. But that's just me.

Here's what popped into my head from the first few sentences, here's what I would do with your idea. Imagine a slender Rito girl with brown hair, clad in red and black clothing while holding a sniper rifle possessed by the spirit of a long dead assassin. Every kill she makes with the rifle feeds the spirit, and in return the spirit assists with her missions. Perhaps throwing his voice to lure and distract targets, or concealing her behind a mist of spectral radiation.
That's what I would do, I would include that kind of character in the special operations unit of The Wulf Pack.
(Yes I have a very cool idea for a Wulf Pack Black Ops Unit)
Well, that's a totally cool idea right there. Why don't you just make that character?

For the sake of Ash's story, Whisper needs to be a parasite, though the exact specifics of what kind of parasite is open to change.

Reactions: Denizen
Sorry, I must be a little fuzzy on my parasite rules. Where did I go wrong?
A Parasite is a sentient and intelligent organism that physically replaces a body part of the host and remains there until the host dies or the Parasite decides to separate. Whisper is incorporeal, does not physically replace anything, and he's able to separate from the host. We haven't seen anything like a ghost parasite in Skullgirls and I don't think we ever will.
Well, that's a totally cool idea right there. Why don't you just make that character?
It's too similar to yours though.
Just take it, take my idea and add it to your own.
I think what you have going here with Ash has a lot of potential and if you handle it right I would gladly add her to my own story for The Wulf Pack. She could actually play a decent role, but not as she is now.
For the sake of Ash's story, Whisper needs to be a parasite, though the exact specifics of what kind of parasite is open to change.
Does he really? From what I've read Whisper's last host was Ash's little sister, and he killed her by separating from her to attach to Ash. I think you could use my idea and still make the story work. It will take some rearrangement, that's all.

i'll be quoting and replying in Bold inside the quote for this post.

I might be pushy here, but just a mouth would look great. It would look kind of like Ragnarok from Soul Eater. - he WILL have a mouth, just a face to go with it, i felt if i went with just the mouth that connection to Ragnarok would be to close.

Fair enough, I still think that a play on words is a lame reason to keep from improving a character, but he's yours to do with as you please. It's not like this will be in the game or anything. - Well to each is own, I am considering it because him being a Dagonian just makes sense, I'd need to rewrite some of his backstory if i did though.

One more piece of advice before I'm done here, don't listen to Funker. He doesn't know anything about anything. listen to me, Zen is your friend.
even so, i don't mind answering questions.

In my book I got news for u, you did do a good job. -Thank you. :)

1. This a just a question but: Of all the Animals in the World, why did you choose a Dog? Are u a dog person? Is it supposed to have an effect on his gameplay or abilities? Or did u have a hard time picking something else? I'm just curious, I don't have a beef with this or anything. - Simple play on words as i mentioned in my last post.

2. About the Davy Jones' Locker move.. I get that he has a magic Oar thing that creates water, but if he's a dog, why would he need to submerge from water? Couldn't he just rapidly dig a hole right under his opponents like dogs are known for and use his weapon like a drill? I don't see any move that involves digging holes in the ground, why?
- He's not an animal, he's a feral, he has some dignity than just up and digging himself a hole, plus it doesn't exactly fit the water motif he has going on.

3. Defend the Nest move, since when do dogs have claws as weapons? I thought that's what cats (except for Cheetahs) are known for. Not a big deal, but still. - I will actually be changing this to give some variety than just him and Grolvar, probably will be dropping a lifesaver on their heads, in all honesty, this was my least favorite move because i didn't know how the animation would look.

4. Movement.... All I heard was that he has a double jump and can use Crow's Nest stance to get around... you didn't say normal stuff like his walking speed, method of dashing, or if he can crawl while crouching (he is a dog right? i'd surprised if he couldn't). Jon Talbain from The Darkstalkers series is a werewolf and he has the fastest walking speed in the game, and he walks on all 4 legs so he can go under most projectiles and get around with relative ease. - his walking speed i think would be either medium or slow, whereas his running speed i would imagine to be somewhere close to Filia's or Ms. Fortune's. the main thing though is his playstyle, as i made his movelist, it kind of turned into a "come together, break apart" kind of playstyle, where he can actually hit you from afar and bring you towards him, and him towards you with his specials, and maybe even some of his normal moves, so standard movement didn't seem too relevant in the grand scheme of things.

In UMVC3, Hsien-Ko/Lei-Lei is bottom tier because of her low damage combos and pathetic speed and movement options, making it easy for most characters to run away from her. - he won't be playing like her i don't think. but then again, i've never played as Hsien-Ko/Lei-Lei.

5. How big is he compared to the rest of the cast? Size is also an important factor for fighting games. This is pretty harmful for characters like DK, Mewtwo, or Bowser in the Smash Bros series since they are easy to hit and its hard to evade attacks with them and they are easy to combo. - well, Parasoul is 5'10", Davy being 6'0" he's a tad taller than her, but he does crouch a little in his idle stance, so maybe the same height?

6. Wanting to get revenge on Marie for taking away all he has.. when it was by accident? That sounds a little extreme in my view. This isn't anything bad, but it also kinda sounds like Dan's story in Street Fighter Alpha, who wanted revenge on Sagat for murdering his father (because he took out Sagat's eye, which is why he has that eyepatch), even though it was by accident, sort of. The way you put it, makes me assume that Davy had anger issues or something. - After losing everything he holds dear, he feels someone is responsible, even if it was by accident, he wants someone to pay for it. so yes you could say he has anger issues NOW.

7. A Human and a Dog in Love and Married? That sounds like Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 all over again! And we all know how popular that game was and the interaction between Elise and Sonic. Why, I could even describe it as Bestiality... :P - well aren't you a Judgey Judy. :P i think your taking ferals as being more of an animal then a person, if you think they shouldn't be together because of race... well that's just racist. :P however, if this causes a fuss from enough people then i can change her into a feral of some sort.

8. Became accepted at age 15 by his peers when he's a feral? What he'd do that changed his life and earn respect from others? Did he do something great that everyone liked?Have they gotten used to being around him after so many years that they decided to stop discriminating him? Or did they just do it for no apparent reason? I'm also kinda shocked to read that Jennine accepted his form a lot quicker than they did. - By the age of 15 he was actually able to make some friends, that's really all that was implied at that age, and it took 2 years later to graduate school, making him 17, by "the respect of his peers," i meant his teachers being impressed by him actually graduating, I would imagine that the discrimination didn't just go away, but he was strong enough to endure it and not shape him to be what society said he would be (implying bullying here). as for Jennine, i say she's an unbiased kind of lady, not judging the book by it's cover and whatnot.

I'm off for the night. i'll check back in some time tomorrow.

A Parasite is a sentient and intelligent organism that physically replaces a body part of the host and remains there until the host dies or the Parasite decides to separate. Whisper is incorporeal, does not physically replace anything, and he's able to separate from the host. We haven't seen anything like a ghost parasite in Skullgirls and I don't think we ever will.

Darn my tendency to not be entirely thorough with my descriptions!!! He replaces the bones in the designated arm. His consciousness shifts locations when moving between forms. When in spectral from, he is still tethered to her, it's just his consciousness that is manifesting itself in an ethereal form. The point is that he can't kill without direct action from his host. I'm not sure if that clears everything up, but let me know if it sounds good (or not) before I change it in the description post.

It's too similar to yours though.
Just take it, take my idea and add it to your own.
I think what you have going here with Ash has a lot of potential and if you handle it right I would gladly add her to my own story for The Wulf Pack. She could actually play a decent role, but not as she is now.

Not at all. Character concepts can be similar, but their motivations, actions, methods, etc. are what are important in making them their own entity. The character you were describing seems to me to be completely different than mine in that regard. And due to her mission and motivations, Ash could never be a member of the Pack, unfortunately.

Does he really? From what I've read Whisper's last host was Ash's little sister, and he killed her by separating from her to attach to Ash. I think you could use my idea and still make the story work. It will take some rearrangement, that's all.
Absolutely. This is the character concept that inspired John Doering. She flies solo. Her mission is her own and ultimately ends in tragedy, whether she succeeds or fails. And it all focuses around the parasite she hosts. Everything else can change, but ultimately, her story is driven completely by her parasite and her feelings for parasites in general.

I guess shrouding her in mystery wasn't a good call on my part. ^.^;

Ash could never be a member of the Pack, unfortunately.
Well damn, I've been having a lot of trouble thinking of characters to make up the Black Ops group of The Wulf Pack and I thought Ash would be perfect since I needed one more female. I thought we could have a lot of fun with this. Fine then Bucky, I'll take my idea and stuff in my desk for later. I'm seriously going to use this idea so don't accuse me of stealing when I make a post about a bird feral sniper with an ethereal companion.

I'm going to bed, start a conversation with me if you change your mind.

Well damn, I've been having a lot of trouble thinking of characters to make up the Black Ops group of The Wulf Pack and I thought Ash would be perfect since I needed one more female. I thought we could have a lot of fun with this. Fine then Bucky, I'll take my idea and stuff in my desk for later. I'm seriously going to use this idea so don't accuse me of stealing when I make a post about a bird feral sniper with an ethereal companion.

I'm going to bed, start a conversation with me if you change your mind.
Hey, that's totally fine with me. I won't accuse you of stealing. You can quote me on that. I still think that they'll be incredibly different.

If it's okay with you, I would like to start a conversation to at least consult you on Ash's story. The character description was just supposed to be a teaser, leaving the big, juicy parts out until I felt confident that I wasn't going to mess up the most important stuff (kinda like I already did here).

i'll be quoting and replying in Bold inside the quote for this post.

even so, i don't mind answering questions.

I'm off for the night. i'll check back in some time tomorrow.

Lol yeah I'm just kiddin. Question 7 was intentionally a bad joke I made just for laughs :), though I still think its kinda odd between a feral and human being. But thanx anyway for taking the time to answer all this.

Last edited:
That's just straight up racist dude.

Being that I find the Parasites to be one of the more interesting aspects of the Skullgirls universe I ended making up a couple of them. Like almost all Parasites they are based on mythology to a certain degree.

A primordial shark-like Parasite, Bahamut melds with the right arm of his host, replacing their hand with his vicious mouth andd his teeth can be moved like fingers. Bahamut grants his host the ability to manipulate water as well as generate it from Bahamut's mouth. This power does not only allow controlling the movement of water but also the temperature of water, meaning the host can fire scalding torrents or waves of icicles.

Bahamut is very old and is as such wise and knowledgeable but also cryptic and world-weary. He knows much but never says a lot, often withholding critical information from his host.

Rahab is a crocodilian Parasite that replaces and functions as the tongue, throat and stomach of her host, using the tongue of the host to serve as her face when communicating. Rahab's presence is hard to hide as she makes the tongue of her host pitch black, as well as giving them a slight lisp due to the deformation of the tongue. Rahab grants her host the power to control gravity, drawing power from the infinite depths of Rahab's stomach.

Rahab is melancholy and cynical, only showing interest and concern for the safety and goals if her host. She is helpful and answers any question asked, with the exception being questions related to her past. Ultimately her motives are unknown, but she has subtly hinted that she is trying to atone for something she has done in the past.

A moth-like Parasite that grants it's host reality-warping powers at the cost of clawing out the left eye of it's host and residing in the empty eye-socket. Morpheus can put instantly put it's host in a state of deep but conscious slumber, during which their dreams can be manifested into reality. While these dreams cannot be used to manipulate other living beings they can manifest as weapons to use in combat. As they are technically asleep the host is defenseless when using this power, but Morpheus can wake them up at any time.

Morpheus is apathetic and lazy, preferring to sleep to anything else. It does not care for the goals of it's host, as long as they do not endanger themselves in the process.

Not very extensive texts, I know, but they're basically just ideas I wrote on the fly at 5 AM so what can you do.

Being that I find the Parasites to be one of the more interesting aspects of the Skullgirls universe I ended making up a couple of them. Like almost all Parasites they are based on mythology to a certain degree.

Not very extensive texts, I know, but they're basically just ideas I wrote on the fly at 5 AM so what can you do.

Wow.. as short as the descriptions were and as basic as they are, I gotta say I kinda enjoyed reading your ideas. I don't know what mythology you took these idea from, but I can see good potential in such OCs you made and if you're willing to provide little more development on them, they could probably become pretty interesting. I especially liked reading Bahamut's profile, an extra mouth for a hand that shoots icicles and controls water? Cool ! A Moth-like creature (though I found the animal you based it on to be kinda boring) that replaces your eye and manifests your dreams into reality, also cool! But A crocodile-like monster that replaces your esophagus and mouth and gives the power to control gravity... I didn't like that one as much as the other two to be honest (no offense), but I do like how that one is a girl; contrast to the game's parasites who all seem to be male or artificial (is Eliza's parasite a male or female? I dunno about that one). Nevertheless though, I remain optimistic that all 3 of those have a good teaser and that just makes me wanna here a little more about what else you have in store for these guys and watch them evolve into something bigger. That is, if you do have anything else in store anyway, I can understand if you don't.

But then again, I enjoy reading everyone's writings.

Last edited:
Eliza's Parasite Sekhmet is female, also another example of a female Parasite is Muse.

You still suck.

You still suck.
Unnecessary insult is unnecessary. Can we keep things civil, please?

X Y is X is a tired old meme Bucky, and to answer your question please refer to all of the fucks I give in the spoiler.
Oh look, there aren't any here!
Jokes aside I'll squash my dislike for this guy, only because you said please.

Last edited:
A Moth-like creature (though I found the animal you based it on to be kinda boring)
I'll have you know moths are very interesting.

heated discussion once again
stfu please and make amends thank you signed billmuthafuckingates

Jokes aside, I don't feel like this is a place to argue. This is a place to let our creativity out, not squabble over ding-dang-diddly-ding-dong knows what.

Can we keep things civil, please?
Is mayonnaise an instrument?

Haha yeah I'm just kiddin, i just wanted a reaction outta y'all!

Lot of arguments in this thread. Come on, guys, this is a forum for a fighting game. Save that shit for when you bump into each other in Quick Match. :P

How 'bout we just post some characters? Here, I'll throw one out, just to get us back on track.

Name: Vern Packard

Race: Albino Elephant-Feral

Backstory: Vern is an extremely unlucky character. Orphaned at a young age, Vern found himself always changing homes. His bad luck and tendency to break things made it difficult for the orphanage to keep up, so he was put into a foster program. But again, any family that would take him in would quickly come to regret it. But eventually, at the age of 15, he found a home with a lady who didn't have much to begin with. Things were good for a few years, but then his mother started dating a Medici Mafia member. This guy really didn't like Vern, but he really did love his mother, so he put up with him. Vern tried to gain this mafia man's approval, but bad luck and the mafia don't mix well. He ended up following his mother's boyfriend to a secret mafia business meeting. He of course was caught. Due to the nature of the meeting, no outside witnesses could be allowed to leave alive, so they beat him and dumped his body in the river.

He was found, barely alive, by a member of Lab 3. Seeing a chance to build a super soldier out of an already strong looking elephant-feral, the scientist brought him back to the Lab and got to work. When he was done he had not only saved Vern's life, but also turned him into a walking tank. Vern now had his bones reinforced with metal, skin that had been altered to be tougher than it already was, and his trunk had been altered to allow mortar fire. Shortly after this, though, Lab 3 was shut down, and Vern is once again, without a home.

Personality: Although bad luck follows him everywhere he goes, Vern tries to look on the positive side of things. He genuinely tries his best at everything he does, and always hopes for the best. At the same time, though, he is aware that he does end up destroying almost anything he touches, so he does his best to keep his hands to himself (though his enthusiasm sometimes gets the better of him). He is a classic case of "good intentions, bad results."

Appearance: He's an albino elephant-feral. He has the big ears, trunk, and tusks. He's a big character, being somewhere around 7' tall. Being homeless (at this time), his clothes are pretty worn down.

It's not much, but it's the best I could do in such a short amount of time. Now, rip it to shreds!!! Bwahahahahahaaaaa!!!

Reactions: Denizen and Balder
How 'bout we just post some characters? Here, I'll throw one out, just to get us back on track.

Aww.... I wanted to do that! >:( Well at least I can just go back to editing my old ones.

EDIT: Updated Felix right now, and now got to his gameplay

Last edited:
It's not much, but it's the best I could do in such a short amount of time. Now, rip it to shreds!!! Bwahahahahahaaaaa!!!
I was hoping that the that the guy would be accepted by the Mafia since he's big and strong, an Elephant Feral in a suit acting as a bodyguard for the higher ups would be sick. Imagine Vern going up against Albus and Horace in a three way bodyguard Braaaaawl!

I guess being turned into a super soldier is cool too. Although the circumstances that led to his experimentation by Lab 3 is pretty unfeasible. If the Mafia wanted him killed, then they would have had him killed.

One question, how old is he in the present? Also why is he Albino? Does that have anything to do with his story?

Reactions: Bucky Barkley
Reading all these characers backstories, characteristics and how they integrate in the Skullgirls universe makes me want to finally finish my fan character..
I felt really frustrated since I haven't thought of a good stage name that fits the Skullgirls universe.

Her picture
k_ng_new_out_by_karlaaldana-d75x3ck.png

Still reworking her backstory..

I was hoping that the that the guy would be accepted by the Mafia since he's big and strong, an Elephant Feral in a suit acting as a bodyguard for the higher ups would be sick. Imagine Vern going up against Albus and Horace in a three way bodyguard Braaaaawl!

I guess being turned into a super soldier by Lab 3 is cool too. Although the circumstances that led to his experimentation by Lab 3 is pretty unfeasible. If the Mafia wanted him killed, then they would have had him killed.

One question, how old is he in the present? Also why is he Albino? Does that have anything to do with his story?
Uh...I really don't know how old he is. I was serious when I said I was just throwing one out. If anyone wants to suggest an age (or make any suggestions) feel free. I kinda like to think that this is a character that the thread as a whole could work on if they feel like it.

Yeah, it's definitely more likely that they would have him straight up killed. I like to think that since he's a feral, they wanted him to suffer. But you're probably right. Maybe it would be more plausible if he did try to join the mafia, but the job he was on went bad.

And the Albino thing is a joke. He's a white elephant. For anyone who doesn't know what a White Elephant is, "A white elephant is an idiom for a valuable but burdensome possession of which its owner cannot dispose and whose cost (particularly cost of upkeep) is out of proportion to its usefulness or worth."

Reactions: Denizen and Balder
If the Mafia wanted him killed, then they would have had him killed.
:PUN:

"A white elephant is an idiom for a valuable but burdensome possession of which its owner cannot dispose and whose cost (particularly cost of upkeep) is out of proportion to its usefulness or worth."
To give a little more context to that (copy-paste the next paragraph :P ): The term derives from the story that the kings of Siam (now Thailand) were accustomed to make a present of one of these animals to courtiers who had rendered themselves obnoxious, in order to ruin the recipient by the cost of its maintenance.

I also question the Lab 3 background but only because, from your description and bar the mortar firing trunk, I don't see how it influenced his appearance. Also, if he were a super soldier, the Canopy Kingdom would have conscripted him.
How about a ex-member of the Circus? I can see him and Hubrecht being total bros.

Nonetheless, I always had a soft spot for characters plagued with rotten bad luck (blame it on affinity, I guess) so I really like the idea.
I imagine him having a long range throw where he chokes the opponent with his trunk and a Blockbuster where a mouse walks into the stage, making him flee in panic, destroying everything in his path.

Anyway, since I'm here, I'd make a passing mention that I've been making some changes to my poor Garasha, most noticeably discarded the patchwork gothic lolita dress for a ragged mantle. Figured that the point of the character, visually, is her semi-transparent skin and the strength of the moves used affect how high her mantle is lifted and how much of her naked body is shown to give players a glimpse of something they probably don't want to see. But that's the point - juxtaposition between her pleasant silhouette and her scary ass figure.
Still a WIP.

How about a ex-member of the Circus? I can see him and Hubrecht being total bros.
I love this idea. Have him work for the Mafia under the guise of a circus performer, that way when he fucks up it isn't ruining everything. It's a circus, everyone will just laugh and consider it part of the act.

As for the super soldier stuff, he's an Elephant. He doesn't need metal bones or strengthened skin, he's already tough enough on his own.

Name: Vern Packard

Race: Albino Elephant-Feral

Backstory: Vern is an extremely unlucky character. Orphaned at a young age, Vern found himself always changing homes. His bad luck and tendency to break things made it difficult for the orphanage to keep up, so he was put into a foster program. But again, any family that would take him in would quickly come to regret it. But eventually, at the age of 15, he found a home with a lady who didn't have much to begin with. Things were good for a few years, but then his mother started dating a Medici Mafia member. This guy really didn't like Vern, but he really did love his mother, so he put up with him. Vern tried to gain this mafia man's approval, but bad luck and the mafia don't mix well. He ended up following his mother's boyfriend to a secret mafia business meeting. He of course was caught. Due to the nature of the meeting, no outside witnesses could be allowed to leave alive, so they beat him and dumped his body in the river.

He was found, barely alive, by a member of Lab 3. Seeing a chance to build a super soldier out of an already strong looking elephant-feral, the scientist brought him back to the Lab and got to work. When he was done he had not only saved Vern's life, but also turned him into a walking tank. Vern now had his bones reinforced with metal, skin that had been altered to be tougher than it already was, and his trunk had been altered to allow mortar fire. Shortly after this, though, Lab 3 was shut down, and Vern is once again, without a home.

Personality: Although bad luck follows him everywhere he goes, Vern tries to look on the positive side of things. He genuinely tries his best at everything he does, and always hopes for the best. At the same time, though, he is aware that he does end up destroying almost anything he touches, so he does his best to keep his hands to himself (though his enthusiasm sometimes gets the better of him). He is a classic case of "good intentions, bad results."

Appearance: He's an albino elephant-feral. He has the big ears, trunk, and tusks. He's a big character, being somewhere around 7' tall. Being homeless (at this time), his clothes are pretty worn down.

The background of Vern seems similar to my fan character, Krysmic's background, what with the "orphaned at a young age" and "brought in by Lab 3" bits in there. I'm not going to say you stole the idea, because obviously you didn't, in fact you were the one who told me about how Lab 3 would be a better fitting for my character. I think that this is a great character overall, but maybe a bit more description to his clothes would be good, rather than just "worn down."

I was planning to try to re-rail the thread too, seems people beat me do it.

I ended up writing a character to serve as a host for my parasite Rahab, who was my personal favourite out of the ones I wrote.
Name: Matthew "Monitor" Finsch

Species: Bengal Monitor (Lizard) Feral

Appearance: An unassuming figure at first glance, Matthew has the aesthetic of a homeless wanderer. A worn-out, oversized jacket, layers of torn shirts, mismatched gloves and improvised belts of cloth and chain are all integral parts of his wardrobe. His snow-white scales create a sharp contrast to his matted and dull clothing, and his tired eyes are piercing red. He is gangly and often stands hunched over, giving him a disheveled and weak appearance, which is just the way he wants it.

Biography: Like many before him, Matthew had to learn how to fend for himself at an early age. Abandoned as a child, he taken in by a small homeless community in the slums of New Meridian where he was taught how to survive. It was not a noble path, but Matthew soon realized that honor did little to help you if you were dead. He quickly discovered his talent for stealth and were quick to put them to use. As he grew older Matthew learned new ways to make a living and soon enough he earned himself a reputation. He was known as a mysterious contractor who would skulking out of the dark alleyways if beckoned who could perform almost any task, as long as it wasn't assassination and the pay was good he would do it. He was a pragmatic and resourceful figure who was known to most only by his self-appointed nickname, "Monitor."
One day Matthew was commissioned to dispose of some objects of "highly incriminating nature" and being who he was he could not help but inspect them himself. Amongst these objects was a box that unbeknownst to him contained a magically sealed Parasite named Rahab. Opening the box caused the slumbering parasite to awaken and needing a host she offered her powers to Matthew who saw very few reasons to decline.

Personality: Matthew is cheerful and carefree, though subdued. He does not consider his state of poverty much of an issue and enjoys the sense of freedom it gives him. He is very sympathetic of the suffering of other homeless and detests the very concept of greed, to take more than one needs. His personality contrasts that of his Parasite Rahab, who is much more sullen and melancholy by comparison. Rahab often questions Matthew's choice of lifestyle and tries to guide him onto a more legal path, but Matthew sees himself as more of a Robin Hood-figure, often failing to realize the people he works with are rarely as good-natured as he is. Ultimately both of them want to do the right thing, but disagree as to the methods.

Powers: Though Matthew is an experienced and agile fighter due his history on the streets, most of his strength comes from the power of the Parasite Rahab. Rahab's abilities lets her control gravity which has a number of fantastical, and mundane, uses. She can lower the gravity around Matthew to increase his mobility, cause gravitational pull towards or away from Matthew to control their movement or heavily increase the gravity in an area to crush anyone in it.

Visually, Matthew takes cues from the famous Brother Sharp. Rahab takes inspiration from all four of the biblical usages of the name, the harlot of Jericho, the term for Egypt, the term for rage, fierceness and insolence and finally, the demonic angel of the sea, representation of the primordial abyss and water-dragon of darkness and chaos. To what extend however would require delving into her past.

For the record, Matthew's unofficial theme song would have to be Melancholy Hill while Rahab's is The Meaning of His Tears

I've been thinking of making a list of everyone's characters ranked in order from best to worst. I didn't want to do this before because of the possibility of hurting some feelings, but then I realized that I don't give a fuck! 凸(■‿■)凸
So yeah, you can expect a Top X List from me in the future. Don't complain if one of your characters is on bottom!

I love this idea. Have him work for the Mafia under the guise of a circus performer, that way when he fucks up it isn't ruining everything. It's a circus, everyone will just laugh and consider it part of the act.

As for the super soldier stuff, he's an Elephant. He doesn't need metal bones or strengthened skin, he's already tough enough on his own.
Circus idea it is then! Thanks Zen and Balder! As for the altered physiology, they make an already tough guy and make him nearly unbreakable!

I also question the Lab 3 background but only because, from your description and bar the mortar firing trunk, I don't see how it influenced his appearance. Also, if he were a super soldier, the Canopy Kingdom would have conscripted him.
If not Lab 3, which one? The nature of his changes were to make him an unstoppable juggernaut, so I figured 3 was fine. I guess I could see 7, considering that the main changes could be considered within the medical field. And the Canopy Kingdom military thing, I was also kinda thinking about this, but I decided to leave what happens after Lab 3 closes down undecided in case we were to come up with something interesting.

The background of Vern seems similar to my fan character, Krysmic's background, what with the "orphaned at a young age" and "brought in by Lab 3" bits in there. I'm not going to say you stole the idea, because obviously you didn't, in fact you were the one who told me about how Lab 3 would be a better fitting for my character. I think that this is a great character overall, but maybe a bit more description to his clothes would be good, rather than just "worn down."
Heh, that is kinda funny how they are similar. To be fair, though, I'm sure that a lot of characters (canon or not) have "Orphan turned Lab Rat" stories. But I'm glad you like it. As for the outfit, I suck at coming up with those. That and I wanted to see where we decided he would end up before trying to talk more about his clothes, since how he dresses will ultimately depend on what he's doing.

Thank you all for contributing!

Overpowered characters are terrible Bucky, remember that.

I've been thinking of making a list of everyone's characters ranked in order from best to worst. I didn't want to do this before because of the possibility of hurting some feelings, but then I realized that I don't give a fuck! 凸(■‿■)凸
So yeah, you can expect a Top X List from me in the future. Don't complain if one of your characters is on bottom!
This is a great idea if you use it as an opportunity to give some constructive criticism. Just making a list does not serve much of a purpose.

This is a great idea if you use it as an opportunity to give some constructive criticism. Just making a list does not serve much of a purpose.
I'm going to make the list, but giving feedback for every single character is too much, this thread is 13 pages long.
I will give feedback on request only.

Speaking of feedback I've got a character up there that's feeling awfully lonely...

Has anyone considered starting a roleplaying thread? That could be fun.

Overpowered characters are terrible Bucky, remember that.
I know. Unbreakable (and I'm using this word loosely) doesn't mean unbeatable. In the Epic of Beowulf, blades could not cut Grendel, but that didn't stop Beowulf from ripping his arm off. I would consider it a lesser version of that. His skin can be punctured, but the thickness makes it difficult. And a well placed sniper shot could definitely destroy a vital organ. But if it does seem too OP, it can be changed to just the Mortar Trunk.