• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Original / Fan Character Thread

Bob isn't special. He has no parasite, no living weapon, no special talents. He is just your basic, everyday human henchman.
This is the main problem I'm having with this. There is no such thing as a normal everyday person who is also a member of the criminal underworld. In fact I would go as far as to say that there is no such thing as a normal person, period. Even Adam is special, and his character revolves around lacking character.

6/10. I can tell you did this quickly, needs more work.

One more thing, his clothing is haphazard. Fedoras are formal wear, they only look good when you're wearing a suit. Throwing on a trench coat and fedora over casual clothes is a definite no no.
Also considering the fact that he's slightly overweight, he's slipping close to neck beard territory.

Last edited:
This is the main problem I'm having with this. There is no such thing as a normal everyday person who is also a member of the criminal underworld. In fact I would go as far as to say that there is no such thing as a normal person, period. Even Adam is special, and his character revolves around lacking character.
-The best comparison I can come up with is that he is like the goons at the start of Ms. Fortune's story mode. From what I could tell, there wasn't anything special about them other than that they were criminals.

6/10. I can tell you did this quickly, needs more work.
-Yeah, I did it quick. I couldn't decide how I wanted to tell his story, since there really isn't much to tell. Not saying it's right, but it's just something I couldn't quite figure out.

One more thing, his clothing is haphazard. Fedoras are formal wear, they only look good when you're wearing a suit. Throwing on a trench coat and fedora over casual clothes is a definite no no.
-Sorry. I'm not very knowledgeable of hats. I just looked up hats and that's what I found. It's just supposed to be a wide-brimmed hat of some sort, but that's just such a vague description in my opinion. Still, that doesn't excuse my inability to find the proper name/style. I'll change it.

Also considering the fact that he's slightly overweight, he's slipping close to neck beard territory.
-And also changed. Again, I'm sorry for not doing proper research.

Reactions: Denizen
Those goons have names, they're Riccardo and Lawrence. They may be scumbags, but at least they're scumbags. When you get down to it everyone is unique in some way.

What I'm trying to say is that the words "Background Character" makes me sick, everyone is the main character of their own life.

One more thing, I'm not saying change his weight, just be careful not to make him look like this loser.

Last edited:
I have an idea for a character, and I think it will be awesome.

Gumshoe
Master Shoe Thief​

Gumshoe is a white sock with stringy squiggly arms and legs

Gumshoe’s story as a shoe thief began during the Great War. Both he and his brother, Sockrates, were fighting in the war as mere grunts serving as body shields for the higher-ups. After the many years of fighting, Sockrates developed PTSD and used alcohol to cope with it. Unfortunately, this would lead to Sockrates’ disappearance in a dryer-related incident that would change Gumshoe’s life forever. After many months, Gumshoe was bored of the daily routines the he was so accustomed to. He wanted to experience the excitement of war, a cure of daily boredom, and a way to forget the misery that Sockrates’ disappearance had caused him, so he took to shoe stealing. He was no stranger to such an activity, for when he was in the war there was a shoe shortage, and he had to steal shoes for his fellow comrades. And so we are brought to today where Gumshoe steals shoes every day, reliving the excitement and glory of war. Many say he made an empire out of the ashes of his past, but Gumshoe prefers the lint of his past.

Gumshoe uses both melee and ranged attacks. Most of which are shoes. Gumshoe can throw shoes, and use himself as a make-shift catapult (like a charge attack) for these shoes. For melee attacks, Gumshoe can wear a shoe and smack the opponent with himself. This shoe can also be used as armor which prevents him from flinching in the middle of battle. For specials, there would be a grab attack where Gumshoe would throw an enemy into a dryer. After this, a picture of Sockrates would appear above the dryer before it explodes.

"I'll sock ya good, see!"
"I'll knock your socks off!"
"Laces out!"
"Sock it to me!"
And my favorite:
"Why do I steal shoes? Because I have no sole."

Last edited:
Gumshoe’s story as a shoe thief began during the Great War. Both he and his brother, Sockrates, were fighting in the war as mere grunts serving as body shields for the higher-ups.
10/10 best story ever, I'm crying right now.

Reactions: SwaggerDoughnut
I would write about my OC, but I'm still working out some kinks with him.

He's supposed to have a theatre/play motif and he's suppose to suffer from something akin to bipolar disorder. I'm wanting to go with the happy-go-lucky/murderously angry approach, but given what his motif is, I'm trying to figure out if the comedy/tragedy route would work better.

(For context, his playstyle is supposed be based around the concept of duality; his moves and mood change depending on which side of the screen he's on).

So basically he's Tira from Soul Calibur V, but with a twist revolving around screen positioning. That's cool, she's one of the few instances where bipolar disorder actually works well. The Comedy & Tragedy theme will make that overused trope actually fitting, I say go that route.

Quick general questions: What info do we currently have on Ferals, and where can I find this information?

Quick general questions: What info do we currently have on Ferals, and where can I find this information?
There's a thread for canon information, but there isn't any info in there about them.

We have a lot of information on Ferals, and you can find it in my head.

I'm really just looking for their homeland, if they have one, as well as what kinds of Ferals there are.

I'm really just looking for their homeland, if they have one, as well as what kinds of Ferals there are.
Alex Ahad hasn't declared a single homeland for all Ferals, my guess is that they don't have one and they just come from all over the world. The kinds of Ferals are probably only limited by the amount of animals on Earth.

Reactions: Bucky Barkley
Alex Ahad hasn't declared a single homeland for all Ferals, my guess is that they don't have one and they just come from all over the world. The kinds of Ferals are probably only limited by the amount of animals on Earth.
Figured as much, just wanted some confirmation before finalizing my last character. Thanks!

Had this OC in my head for a very long time, and I thought I would rework this idea of an OC of mine so I could make a character that would fit in the Skullgirls universe.

Name: Krysmic

Bio: Dimitri Astakhov was born in the slums of Little Innsmouth to a poor human couple. He spent the majority of his pre-teen years growing up in a world of liars and thieves, and stood out among the rest of the Dagonian population. And as such, he learned how to steal not long after he could walk, and as much as his parents didn't like it, they couldn't stop him from doing so, since they were doing just as badly as everyone else, and even if they did try to stop him, he would find another way to take what wasn't his. He didn't have much of an education either, only picking up as much knowledge as his parents could give to him, as they couldn't afford decent meals, yet alone for him to go to school.

Not long after he turned 8, the new Skullgirl, Queen Renoir, emerged. The entirety of the Canopy Kingdom was in panic as she wrecked havoc across all the different areas. As the Skullgirl was getting closer to Little Innsmouth, his parents made preparations to flee. They made him stay at home while they organized their eventual leave. But one day, as they were out, the Skullgirl reached Little Innsmouth and laid waste to all she could see, including their house, which Dimitri was still in at the time. He was buried by the rubble and gravely wounded, as several of his organs were destroyed, his face scarred, and his limbs bent and broken as a result. He slowly faded away into unconsciousness, thinking this would be the end...

He woke up in a dark room with a bad headache and a respirator attached to his face. His limbs felt numb, and he could barely get up. It almost felt as if his limbs weren't there. He looked at himself, and saw that his arms and legs were different. They looked almost... robotic. He tried to move them, but couldn't. Soon enough, a man came into the room, and lights suddenly turned on to reveal the room in it's entirety. He was slightly scared, as he had no idea who this could be. The man introduces himself as Daniel, and walks over to Dimitri. He fiddles with Dimitri's robotic appendages, and slowly, he felt life come back to them. His fear turned to rage and he questioned Daniel as to what was going on.

Daniel explained about how he witnessed the destruction of Little Innsmouth, and how he found Dimitri in the remains of his house. He also tells of how he fixed his organs and how he amputated his now useless arms and legs in favor of advanced prosthetics that allowed him to be stronger than normal. He mentions how they are only prototypes, and that he still needs to work on them. Dimitri was quiet throughout the whole of this, as this was a lot to take in. He then worries about his parents, and Daniel tells him that he doesn't know what happened, but he doubts that they would be alive, as from what was gathered, there was a heavy casualty rate in Little Innsmouth.

Daniel lets Dimitri stand and take his first steps in his new legs. He walks out of the room into another room that seems cosier and more hospitable, with a window at one end. He goes over to look out, and what he sees is fire, smoke, and the general aftermath of Nancy's rampage. Dimitri then asks Daniel where he must be, and Daniel tells him that he is in the area of Maplecrest. He reassures him that everything will be alright, and that he will look after him. Dimitri was hesitant at first, but then realized that he had nothing left for him if what Daniel said was true, and he accepted to be looked after by him.

For the next few years, Dimitri lived a better quality life than what he had back at Little Innsmouth. He got more of and better food, and got a proper education as well. His classmates noticed his appendages, and were amazed by them. They came up with a nickname for him: Krysmic. Ever since he got the name he tended to use it more and more until eventually everybody called him by it, even Daniel. He mainly used it to cover up the pain of his past, but inside he always held a part of his old self. Krysmic found out that Daniel was a scientist, but he didn't know what for. Daniel, over the years, improved on Krysmic's appendages, and worked on something to help defend himself; he made special tech that allowed him to channel soundwaves into raw energy that could be used as a means of defense. He noticed that Krysmic liked music, especially swing, so he built a music player inside him that made the soundwaves he emitted music, and Krysmic played his favorite tunes through his special amplifiers that ran through his arms and legs, only to find that they were distorted in a way. But to him, the music sounded even better than before. Ever since the incident though, Krysmic started hearing voices in his head from time to time. He didn't like it, as it was just as bad as a heated political debate in there. But, he kept it a secret from everyone else.

One day, not long before the eventual emerge of Bloody Marie, there was a knocking at the door. Daniel seemed panicked, and he ordered Krysmic to get out as fast as he could. He told him to run as far away as he could, and to not trust anyone on his way out. Krysmic was confused, as this was a lot to take in such short time, but he did what Daniel asked and went out the back door, and wasn't spotted by anyone. As he was running away, he heard a loud explosion behind him, and smoke coming from where Daniel's house had been. He stood there shocked for a moment, but then remembered what he was told and continued to run.

Krysmic simply didn't know what to do. He had no place he could go, as Daniel hadn't told him of anywhere he could go in an emergency. So he went to the one place where he could feel at home: Little Innsmouth. He had heard from his parents back in the day that there was a friendly restaurant the the middle of town, and he wondered if it was still there. After all, it could easily have been destroyed. But luckily, it was still there. Krysmic was surprised he still knew the name of the place. He went inside and was greeted by a Dagonian that looked like a waitress. Since she hadn't recognized him, she looked as confused as Krysmic was, but shook that off and led him to a table. He asked if he could speak with whoever was in charge, and the waitress went to the kitchen to fetch the manager. He was a bigger, plumper Dagonian, and Krysmic was questioned as to what he wanted by him. In all honesty, Krysmic didn't know. Everything he did have was gone, so he didn't know what to do. He explained how he was raised here, how he got his appendages and how he came to be here. The manager took it surprisingly well, understanding every word of it. The waitress listened in on occasion, but she had other things to be doing, such as serving customers, and besides, she didn't know most of what was going on anyway.

Krysmic was offered a place to stay by the manager. As he settled in, Krysmic just sat down and let all his thoughts uncoil in his head. What exactly was he going to do? Was there anything for him anymore? He just let time tell.

For the next few weeks, he got to know the locals and the people that took him in. He couldn't be grateful enough for what they did for him, but after all, he was technically one of them, besides not being Dagonian. But then, soon enough, Bloody Marie appeared and the news of the new Skullgirl reached him. When he heard it, he felt something inside him tick. His will suddenly was to find the Skullgirl. He felt like there was something that needed to be done at the end of the path. He just didn't know what. He knew fine and well how to use his tech to his advantage, as Daniel had taught him over the years. but he had never used it for something like this. But his mind was telling him that he needed to find the Skullgirl in order to reveal the way. He contradicted himself over and over again, but finally came to the decision to pursue the Skullgirl when he told himself about what the Skullheart had brought upon him. He wanted to get to the Skullgirl and claim the Skullheart before anyone else got to it so that he could find out what he must do next. And as his feet almost did the walking for him, he told to himself that he wasn't going to let anyone get in his way... even his new found friends.

C1UMMPL.jpg
It isn't very colorful, but hopefully I could get around to doing proper model sheets and stuff, given my time permits it.

Unfortunately I have to put it to an external link, which is annoying. https://soundcloud.com/dimitri-awesometh/final-voice-test

His personality is... what can I say..."ahead of his time". He generally sees himself calm and controlled in battle, but can be a bit too big for his shoes sometimes. He is also very creative, which is how he "created" electro-swing for his music, and eventually I'll show how he can use that type of thing to his advantage when I get more art done.

- People
- Brawling
- Action
- Creating things

Dislikes:- Untrustworthy people
- The Grand War
- The constant nattering in his head

More details coming soon, I plan to figure out fighting styles as well.

Please give your thoughts on this so I can improve, because of course it's a work in progress.

Last edited:
Okay here we go. Keep in mind that this is WIP and will be updated again later overtime, so its gonna start out pret-ty sloppy..:

Caroline

In her early years, Caroline was a young orphaned girl with no parents and resided in an orphanage in New Meridian. She never got to know her parents and had no idea who they were, or if they were even still alive or around... nor did she care. In the very orphanage she resided in, her roomates and the other children there were all the family she needed. She had known them at a very young age and spent a lot of time together with them as if they were siblings, looking out for each other to herself and living with each other. To her she thought: "As long as I'm with you, everything is fun!" and wished to stay with her friends as long as possible. The only downside was, since she lived in an orphanage, adults could come and adopt her if they wished to, which would ultimately separate her from her roommates and she'll probably never see them again if that happens, ever. In order to avoid this, Caroline acted like a naughty brat and disrespected any adult who came to the orphanage so they wouldn't want to take her, which did the trick 100% of the time for at least a few years and she was somewhat able to keep her friendships running. But there was a hole in her plan: while she was able to prevent herself from getting adopted, she couldn't prevent them from being adopted, and overtime the majority of her best friends came and gone overtime. By her 10th birthday, she was miserable and couldn't stand being in the orphanage anymore and a strange man came to adopt her, she just gave in and let him, packing her bags and saying goodbye to everyone. The other boys and girls she loved so dearly weren't even in the orphanage anymore, and the new kids who came she didn't get along with and despised them with passion.

When they got in into the man's car and he started the engine, it began to fly far away from Planet Earth; frightening Caroline out of her skin and questioning what man is doing. The man turned off a device and revealed himself not to be a human, but an amphibious creature.. an Alien! He revealed himself as a Tausian, a race of animal-like aliens (usually resembling amphibians or reptiles) with powers to shapeshift and use psychic powers to control others. Horrified by his appearance and flying through outer space, Caroline wished she could escape but it was too late, they had already approached his home planet, Cantor. To Caroline's surprise, they didn't eat her or do anything bad to her. Instead, she was taken to another orphanage on that very planet and was tasked to serve the planet's king, King Kojan along with other children her age, being trained in combat for the planet's military and partaking in community service. At first Coraline was horrified by these creatures and desperately wished to return to Earth, but this fear quickly began to lessen overtime and she got used to the planet and accepted it as her new home; growing respect for Kojan as a ruler and even more respect for her fellow co-workers, who reminded her of her roommates from Earth and became happy to have friends again. To make herself fit in and look a bit more like them, she had doctors perform surgery or experiments on her body and make her body have 25% of Tausian DNA. She wanted more than that, but the doctors refused as anything higher would be drastic. Over the years, she had become so used to living on Cantor that she now considered herself one of them and hardly even remembers she's human, and serves King Kojan with pleasure. But alas, Cantor was one day under siege from an enemy planet's ships and poisons were released into the planet's air that was lethal to the Tausians, and caused Kojan to die of illness in just 10 minutes. Caroline was immune to the poison due to being part human and defeated the enemy soldiers with relative ease. After this heroic act, she was then praised by the planet as a heroine and they wanted to appoint her as Cantor's new Ruler and entrust her with great weapons that only the King/Queen could use: The Sword of Vordav, to appoint her as Cantor's new defender.

But on the day the ceremony was to occur, the planet was under attack again, moments after she was appointed Queen of the Planet. This time, the enemy attempted to destroy her before attempting to attack the rest of the planet with brand new weapons that she wasn't immune to. She wished to stay and fight, but her guards took her into a spaceship and blasted her off from Cantor back to Earth in order to keep her safe. In just a half hour, she was already back on Earth right where she started, and can barely remember much about her own original planet. Determined to return her planet and save it from the enemy's control, she trains her skills day after day to prepare herself for the day she returns, as well as seek out allies to aid her in the revolt. Or perhaps.. maybe the Skull Heart could help with this..

(Below is nothing near a complete summary)
  • Swimming
  • Bug Spray
  • Reptiles and Amphibians
  • Driving Spaceships
  • Patriotism
  • Making Friends
  • Feeling Important
  • Competitive Sports
  • Science
  • Cleanliness
  • The smell of Perfume
Dislikes:
  • Sci Fi Movies (because of the way most of them portray aliens)
  • War
  • Insects, Particularly Hornets and Wasps
  • Religious People, or at least Extremists and Bigots
  • Warlords and Dictators
  • Being Disrespected
  • Humans Hitting on her
  • Loneliness and doing things by herself
  • Smelly things
Once a young little girl who feared almost anything inhuman, Caroline had used to be a civil girl who hated the wilderness and animals, and only enjoyed the presence of other humans, especially Hornets and Wasps (they always tried to attack and sting her, and still do to this day). But once she was taken to Planet Cantor, these hard feelings shifted into reverse and grew attached to her Frog/Lizard-like comrades and was very patriotic towards her new planet, serving its king (at least until he died) and its inhabitants with glee and pleasure, especially her co-workers who reminded her of her old friends on Earth. She loves it so much that she will go to great lengths to defend it or save it from jeopardy, fighting until death if necessary. She has lived with them for so long, she discards her own humanity (both psychologically and to a lesser extent, literally) and thinks of herself as more of one of them instead of a human being, to the point of gaining herself 25% of their DNA so that she could fit in with them a little more. She had become so much like them that she finds only Male Tausians, not other Humans, to be sexually/romantically attractive and hates it when a human tries to flirt with her, despite being 75% human and only 25% Tausian, barely even looking like one. Because Cantor is so moist, most of its places are very wet and Caroline was quite a great swimmer from wading through water almost all the time.

Because of her influences by the Tausians, Caroline also strongly believes in the power of Science as the answer to almost everything and disbelieves in non-science topics like magic. She is also a bit of an atheist and doesn't believe in the Trinity (or any god/goddess for that matter), and disagrees with those who do. She also holds a great amount of animosity towards extremists and bigots (people who take religion way too seriously) because of this, and would not get along very well with Double if the two were to ever meet each other.

Whew... I'm exhausted right now...

This doesn't sound like a Skullgirls Character, it sounds like a completely unrelated OC with a tiny bit of Skullgirls shoehorned into it. Caroline just doesn't fit the aesthetic, the personality, or the quality of the Skullgirls Universe. Sorry but I stopped taking anything seriously once that car started to fly away.

I'm going to stop here since I'm only good at destructive criticism and I'd just continue to tear your character apart. I'll leave the real analysis for Bucky or someone else who is a little more patient and eloquent than I am.

For now I'll just rank it as 4/10. I would go lower, but I feel like this could be an OK story if it were completely removed from Skullgirls altogether. It sounds like it could be a decent science fiction story with a lot of work.

Reactions: Bucky Barkley
Whoa!! This thread exploded with so many discussions in less than a week.

This doesn't sound like a Skullgirls Character, it sounds like a completely unrelated OC with a tiny bit of Skullgirls shoehorned into it. Caroline just doesn't fit the aesthetic, the personality, or the quality of the Skullgirls Universe.

...I feel like this could be an OK story if it were completely removed from Skullgirls altogether. It sounds like it could be a decent science fiction story with a lot of work.
This. The writing here is a significant improvement over your previous posts, Funker, but it hardly spends any time in the Skullgirl's setting. This feels like it's own stand-alone thing, like you wrote the story in one setting, but then decided you wanted it to take place in the SG Universe.

For a character post, this was pretty good. It gave us some idea as to who this character is, and gave us a good amount of info. I only have three complaints/nitpicks. These are story related issues for you to think about.

Firstly, why are these aliens adopting Earth children? Especially if they're just going to throw them into an orphanage on their own planet? It seems like a lot of work (going through the legal process of adoption) just to get more servants for the king.

Second, they flew away right in front of the orphanage? People would see that.

Lastly, the aliens were going to make a non-native their supreme ruler? That doesn't seem likely at all. Not to mention that there should have been a rule of succession that would have predetermined the next ruler. Mostly though, the ruler of a planet should be a native of the planet. She can be given a position of power, but not something as big as queen.

I know that this is a Work in Progress, so you don't have to give me the answers now. I just wanted to bring these to your attention so you could address them as you are writing. Finally, I would suggest that you keep this separate from Skullgirls. It feels like a character in a science-fiction space adventure. If that's what you had in mind, keep that as your main focus. Trying to fit it into a universe that focuses solely on Earth is just going to limit you...severely.

Last edited:
I only have three complaints/nitpicks. These are story related issues for you to think about.
Those aren't nitpicks Bucky, they're major problems with his story and you're right for pointing them out. If you continue to ask Funker questions he's going to continue to give nonsensical answers to those questions. Instead just tell him where his story is weak and how he should change it.

My advice to Funker is the same as before. Read Stephen King, learn what good writing is, then come back and give us something decent. Maybe taking a creative writing class will help.

This. The writing here is a significant improvement over your previous posts, Funker, but it hardly spends any time in the Skullgirl's setting. This feels like it's own stand-alone thing, like you wrote the story in one setting, but then decided you wanted it to take place in the SG Universe.

For a character post, this was pretty good. It gave us some idea as to who this character is, and gave us a good amount of info. I only have three complaints/nitpicks. These are story related issues for you to think about.

Firstly, why are these aliens adopting Earth children? Especially if they're just going to throw them into an orphanage on their own planet? It seems like a lot of work (going through the legal process of adoption) just to get more servants for the king.

Lastly, the aliens were going to make a non-native their supreme ruler? That doesn't seem likely at all. Not to mention that there should have been a rule of succession that would have predetermined the next ruler. Mostly though, the ruler of a planet should be a native of the planet. She can be given a position of power, but not something as big as queen.

I know that this is a Work in Progress, so you don't have to give me the answers now. I just wanted to bring these to your attention so you could address them as you are writing. Finally, I would suggest that you keep this separate from Skullgirls. It feels like a character in a science-fiction space adventure. If that's what you had in mind, keep that as your main focus. Trying to fit it into a universe that focuses solely on Earth is just going to limit you...severely.

but it hardly spends any time in the Skullgirl's setting. This feels like it's own stand-alone thing, like you wrote the story in one setting, but then decided you wanted it to take place in the SG Universe.Finally, I would suggest that you keep this separate from Skullgirls. It feels like a character in a science-fiction space adventure. If that's what you had in mind, keep that as your main focus. Trying to fit it into a universe that focuses solely on Earth is just going to limit you...severely.
Funny thing: I knew you and other peoplez were going to say that as soon as soon as the typed this and I was thinking the same thing), I anticipated your statement from the very beginning and luckily came prepared for that. But technically this is just the backstory/history, nothing more. If I was writing this as an in-game story, then I'd give in and go along with what you said like usually. But not this time (no offense)! Not so fast dude, here are a few things u should consider:

If you remember reading it all, I put her back on Earth at the very, very end of the story. Just because the backstory hardly took place on Earth, doesn't mean the whole story does. Judging ur response, it seems that you forgot about or missed this part entirely (again, no offense). In fact, I believe that straying from Earth adds a little more "zing" to it if you know what I mean, its better that I don't put in the SG setting until after this. Because she had been away from Earth for so long, this could easily mark some good conflicts to her in the present state:
  • Abduct or kidnap Earthlings that she fights and defeats in combat and draft them into a team or squad with her, but only the ones she dubs as worthy opponents. At the same time, she'll be training her skills with the weapons she was granted so she can hold on her own in the heat of battle. Once her team and training are complete, she can then return to her own world and take her defeated victims with her, in an attempt to revolt against the empire who conquered her world and win back Cantor's freedom. If the mission is a success, she could either release them back to Earth and let them go or if necessary, keep them as prisoners on her planet in case such an invasion ever happens again.

• Pretty short one: Before she returns to Cantor, in the meantime she could try to Re-adapt to the conditions on Earth and see if she can't accept her (somewhat) new life if there's nothing she can do to save her planet. Maybe she'll like being back on Earth and become torn between staying there, or her planet in jeopardy; especially since she can't be in two places at once. Maybe she won't care about it and desperately prepare to return home as soon as possible.

• Make a "What if" on the story involving the Skull Heart if she can get her hands on it. Think about it: The Story says the Trinity wants to destroy Earth (though it never said why they want to do that) and they use some sort of Magical Artifact to turn a girl into a monster so they can they grant the goddesses' wish, adding the effect of granting a wish to tempt them into chasing it. What they didn't say is what the Skullgirl would do to other worlds or it would even associate with anywhere other than Earth. As mentioned before, Caroline is an atheist and doesn't believe in any God or Goddesss due to coming from a Religion-Free Planet (although if she did, she would worship them just like Double and Parasoul do). Maybe the Trinity wouldn't have mercy for her as a result of her disbelief, and the Heart would corrupt her so that she would destroy both Earth and Cantor as punishment for that... unless her Alien DNA can help her fight it off and use it to destroy only her Planet's new enemies if she can resist its influence, Bloody Marie did it and mostly (if not only) wants the Medici Mafia gone. If Caroline can't adapt to Earth and becomes the SG, she'd be content with destroying Earth and not give a hoot about doing it.. maybe then the Trinity would have mercy on her and leave her own planet alone, since their main wish is already complete. There probably are other possibilities with this as well that I didn't mention, I doubt it could stop here! But regardless of whatever happens, she isn't pure of heart and is more than likely to become the SG (unless her partial Alien DNA or something disallows it and does something else or nothing at all) and will end up bing affected by it, since she seeks revenge on the Aliens who conquered her planet

Betcha didn't see that coming, didn't you two? Point is: I think its better that I don't put her in the SG setting until AFTER the backstory and there's nothing wrong with it, and its not a sci-fi adventure either. If I didn't put her back on Earth at the very end, it would be.

And as for you Denizen..

in-your-face.jpg
Sorry, I know this is immature but I just had 2 say it. And me take advice from the likes of you? No way! Never! Positively not!

And as for you Denizen..

in-your-face.jpg
Sorry, I know this is immature but I just had 2 say it. And me take advice from the likes of you? No way! Never! Positively not!
tumblr_lp7648M1651qb0bljo3_400.gif

It's okay, Denizen. The pain will pass with time.

Things suddenly got heated in here. *abandon thread*
Also, still looking for opinion on my character.

Had this OC in my head for a very long time, and I thought I would rework this idea of an OC of mine so I could make a character that would fit in the Skullgirls universe.

Age: Somewhere in his teens, I can't decide whether or not to make him 14 or 15, anyhoo, he's older than Peacock, and slightly younger than Filia.

Bio: As a little boy when he experienced the Grand War, Dimitri Astakhov was orphaned at a young age. Taken in by the late Lab 7, he was given a life there to help him develop fully before they could turn him into something else. They saw the potential in a brash, young specimen hurt by war, and when the time came, they drafted him into an experimental procedure codenamed "Krysmic" that was deemed immoral. He was taken apart, and most of him was replaced with robotic appendages and cores that allowed him increased strength, and they also gave him an ability that was something very nearly impossible to imagine, yet alone bring to reality at the time. He could channel soundwaves that generated inside of his body into physical waves of destruction. Very much at the time, it was a breakthough in the ASG program. But not long after they had made this extraordinary feat in science, Lab 7 soon fell victim to a disaster that destroyed them. He was lucky to be alive - his appendages were in need of fixing, but he had learnt how to fix them on a basic level. Fearing that he was losing everything all over again, he fell into hiding, and was presumed dead by the rest of the ASL. Years pass by, and he currently resides in Little Innsmouth, serving as a local DJ for the citizens. Since the incident, he has given his own personal touch to his abilities, as he now uses techno and dubstep music as a basis for his mesmerizing soundwaves. But when a new Skullgirl rises to cause chaos in the Canopy Kingdom, he almost feels morally obliged to find and defeat her. He doesn't know exactly why, as he knows that the Skullheart only grants wishes to women, but he feels as if something inside of him is almost guiding him towards his fate, as if redemption for something lies at the end of the path. All he can do now is follow his feet and to be ready to drop the base...

Other possible story points:
- Since Krysmic is brought in, raised, and experimented on in Lab 7, it is very possible that he knows Brain Drain.
- Given that he currently resides in Little Innsmouth, it is also possible he know other characters that reside there. (Ms.Fortune, Minette, Yu Wan)
- Given he is a popular DJ, he could make acquaintances with celebrities like Beowulf and Annie, but this is only a slight possibility given that he doesn't want too much attention since HE'S IN HIDING.

C1UMMPL.jpg
It isn't very colorful, but hopefully I could get around to doing proper model sheets and stuff, given my time permits it.

More details coming soon, I plan to figure out fighting styles and even have a go at giving him a voice.

Please give your thoughts on this so I can improve, because of course it's a work in progress.
Well, your post was short and sweet, so there isn't much to say. But here's what I got.
-A cyborg with sound-wave attacks? That's pretty cool!

-I like that he is drawn to the Skullgirl. It only makes sense that he was given these powers to fight her, even if he didn't know it.

-Concept art is always good to see.
-Turning him into a super strong cyborg sounds like something Lab 3 (Super soldier development) would do. You can find a list of the Labs and what they each do here: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-canon-info-thread-what-we-know.8/

-From the "Treasure Trove of Skullgilrs Lore" thread in the News section: "Musical instruments in general would be in the style of the real-world time period Skullgirls is based on (the 1940’s). Liberties can be taken, though, just as is the case with the state of technology in the Skullgirls universe."
This implies that techno and dubstep wouldn't be a thing during that time period. Though, since "liberties can be taken," I could believe that Electro-swing could work, since swing was popular around that period of time.

Well, your post was short and sweet, so there isn't much to say. But here's what I got.
-A cyborg with sound-wave attacks? That's pretty cool!

-I like that he is drawn to the Skullgirl. It only makes sense that he was given these powers to fight her, even if he didn't know it.

-Concept art is always good to see.
-Turning him into a super strong cyborg sounds like something Lab 3 (Super soldier development) would do. You can find a list of the Labs and what they each do here: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-canon-info-thread-what-we-know.8/

-From the "Treasure Trove of Skullgilrs Lore" thread in the News section: "Musical instruments in general would be in the style of the real-world time period Skullgirls is based on (the 1940’s). Liberties can be taken, though, just as is the case with the state of technology in the Skullgirls universe."
This implies that techno and dubstep wouldn't be a thing during that time period. Though, since "liberties can be taken," I could believe that Electro-swing could work, since swing was popular around that period of time.

It's nice to see feedback, you have really good points:
- I didn't research the ASL properly, so I plan to maybe change the lab to Lab 3, although it is said that Lab 7 was known for some "superhuman" research.
- I'll need to look more into the idea of blending the era of today and the Dark Deco world of Skullgirls into Krysmic's music and soundwave attacks. Basically I want the kind of thing you would hear in Skullgirls, but not going completely unrelated to Skullgirls in a sense of feel.
EDIT: For anyone who doesn't know what electro-swing is, here is a fine example:

Right now, I plan to gather some more opinion from others while my character is in it's current state, just to see how much I do need to work on from different points of view. I don't plan to advance the character until I do get more opinion, which gives me time to prepare for it and deal with things in my own life. I'll see how it is in the weekend, getting Good Friday off school, which can give time for research and development of Krysmic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaname-madoki

Age: Somewhere in his teens, I can't decide whether or not to make him 14 or 15, anyhoo, he's older than Peacock, and slightly younger than Filia.

Bio: As a little boy when he experienced the Grand War, Dimitri Astakhov was orphaned at a young age. Taken in by the late Lab 7, he was given a life there to help him develop fully before they could turn him into something else. They saw the potential in a brash, young specimen hurt by war, and when the time came, they drafted him into an experimental procedure codenamed "Krysmic" that was deemed immoral. He was taken apart, and most of him was replaced with robotic appendages and cores that allowed him increased strength, and they also gave him an ability that was something very nearly impossible to imagine, yet alone bring to reality at the time. He could channel soundwaves that generated inside of his body into physical waves of destruction. Very much at the time, it was a breakthough in the ASG program. But not long after they had made this extraordinary feat in science, Lab 7 soon fell victim to a disaster that destroyed them. He was lucky to be alive - his appendages were in need of fixing, but he had learnt how to fix them on a basic level. Fearing that he was losing everything all over again, he fell into hiding, and was presumed dead by the rest of the ASL. Years pass by, and he currently resides in Little Innsmouth, serving as a local DJ for the citizens. Since the incident, he has given his own personal touch to his abilities, as he now uses techno and dubstep music as a basis for his mesmerizing soundwaves. But when a new Skullgirl rises to cause chaos in the Canopy Kingdom, he almost feels morally obliged to find and defeat her. He doesn't know exactly why, as he knows that the Skullheart only grants wishes to women, but he feels as if something inside of him is almost guiding him towards his fate, as if redemption for something lies at the end of the path. All he can do now is follow his feet and to be ready to drop the base...

- Since Krysmic is brought in, raised, and experimented on in Lab 7, it is very possible that he knows Brain Drain.
- Given that he currently resides in Little Innsmouth, it is also possible he know other characters that reside there. (Ms.Fortune, Minette, Yu Wan)
- Given he is a popular DJ, he could make acquaintances with celebrities like Beowulf and Annie, but this is only a slight possibility given that he doesn't want too much attention since HE'S IN HIDING.

C1UMMPL.jpg

More details coming soon, I plan to figure out fighting styles and even have a go at giving him a voice.

I'm not the best critic out there, but here goes (and sorry for causing the heat, let's just saying I was having a really bad day):

1. Nice concept art! Though I'm probably saying this because I haven't drawn with a pencil in a looong time and I'm not an artist at all (man, I gotta go to Art School this summer). I gotta be honest though: It's not bad, but he doesn't look much like a cyborg in my view, he looks he's wearing a jacket and a gas mask.

2. The ending of him pursuing the Skullgirl but not knowing why.. PERFECT! I'm not kidding!

3. The Age thing, 14 or 15? May I suggest trying to flip a coin if you still can't pick? Unless it will matter what age he is when ur story progresses... Other than that, I got nothing :(

4. A Robo-Cyborg with Shockwave powers and increased strength, cool! Can he do anything else like fly, shoot lasers, or something?

Fearing that he was losing everything all over again, he fell into hiding, and was presumed dead by the rest of the ASL.

Uh.... what exactly did he lose the first time? I'm assuming you meant his experiences from the Grand War or something else? And I also have no idea why he wants to hide from them if their main enemy is the Skullgirl, are they supposed to try to find and kidnap him or something? I have no idea about the numerous Labs for the ASL (besides Lab 8), so this part is leaving me to scratch my head.

6. Replacing his body parts with robot parts... how is that immoral? I guess if they kidnapped him and forced him to go along with it it'd be that way, but if he actually agreed to let to them do it and willingly gave in, I dunno...

7. Lastly, the story... for some reason I can't but feel the first half is partially ringing to Big Band's story. Both experiencing the Grand War and being rebuilt by the ASL with new mecha bodies and using sound-based combat, sounds kinda similar to my ears. Not bad and it doesn't really matter though, since the 2nd half sounds nothing like BB and I think that's enough to set them apart.

Eh, that's all I got I guess... Your story was so short (which for u is a good thing) that I don't have a lot to say. I feel like I'm more of a confusion than a help so I got nothing else.

Bucky Barkley said:
I can't answer ur other 2 questions right now, but as for this:
What would u say if I told you the car had a cloaking device to make it invisible? :)

And why it would matter why people see it or not? Its not like they're trying to take over the world or that car had (visible) weapons programmed into it, a flying car may be odd, but that doesn't make it ominous.. does it? I suppose the military might mistake the alien for kidnapping Caroline and attempt to shoot it down to free her... if they can hear her screaming far, far away (they probably can't), and shoot the car down without killing her too from the impact (either from a great fall or an explosion) I might add..

Besides, they got what they came for: A specimen of the planet's sentient species, no world domination or anything. Even if ya did see the car once, you'll never, ever see it again.. not ever. So there's nothing to worry about, just a spaceship disguised as a car that flies away, nothing dark or anything. If I were an alien, I would much rather worry about safely coming into the planet and being trusted by the humans to adopt the girl than to leave the planet with the girl, but only if I didn't have that cloaking device or a holographic disguise to hide my true form . I wouldn't want people to be thinking I'm a monster and I'm evil just because I'm an alien, when I'm not.

If you still aren't satisfied with the answer, all I can say is: Disguise and Invisibility Device, that's gotta count for something.

Last edited:
What would u say if I told you the car had a cloaking device to make it invisible? :)
I would say, "You should have just said that to begin with," and that would have been all. But then you said all this.

And why it would matter why people see it or not? Its not like they're trying to take over the world or that car had (visible) weapons programmed into it, a flying car may be odd, but that doesn't make it ominous.. does it? I suppose the military might mistake the alien for kidnapping Caroline and attempt to shoot it down to free her... if they can hear her screaming far, far away (they probably can't), and shoot the car down without killing her too from the impact (either from a great fall or an explosion) I might add..

Besides, they got what they came for: A specimen of the planet's sentient species, no world domination or anything. Even if ya did see the car once, you'll never, ever see it again.. not ever. So there's nothing to worry about, just a spaceship disguised as a car that flies away, nothing dark or anything. If I were an alien, I would much rather worry about safely coming into the planet and being trusted by the humans to adopt the girl than to leave the planet with the girl, but only if I didn't have that cloaking device or a holographic disguise to hide my true form . I wouldn't want people to be thinking I'm a monster and I'm evil just because I'm an alien, when I'm not.

hg3maBr.gif

There is so much wrong with those two paragraphs that I don't even know what to say! Heck, I shouldn't have to say anything! If you seriously can't see the problems with what you are saying here, you probably shouldn't be writing. I'm sorry, but I've tried being nice with my nitpicks and questions, but all that has gotten me is a whole lot of nonsensical responses. I'm cool with giving you critiques and advice, but you need to actually take them. When you make a post like this one, it just makes it painfully obvious that I'm wasting my time trying to help you.

I'm not the best critic out there, but here goes (and sorry for causing the heat, let's just saying I was having a really bad day):

1. Nice concept art! Though I'm probably saying this because I haven't drawn with a pencil in a looong time and I'm not an artist at all (man, I gotta go to Art School this summer). I gotta be honest though: It's not bad, but he doesn't look much like a cyborg in my view, he looks he's wearing a jacket and a gas mask.

2. The ending of him pursuing the Skullgirl but not knowing why.. PERFECT! I'm not kidding!

3. The Age thing, 14 or 15? May I suggest trying to flip a coin if you still can't pick? Unless it will matter what age he is when ur story progresses... Other than that, I got nothing :(

4. A Robo-Cyborg with Shockwave powers and increased strength, cool! Can he do anything else like fly, shoot lasers, or something?

Uh.... what exactly did he lose the first time? I'm assuming you meant his experiences from the Grand War or something else? And I also have no idea why he wants to hide from them if their main enemy is the Skullgirl, are they supposed to try to find and kidnap him or something? I have no idea about the numerous Labs for the ASL (besides Lab 8), so this part is leaving me to scratch my head.

6. Replacing his body parts with robot parts... how is that immoral? I guess if they kidnapped him and forced him to go along with it it'd be that way, but if he actually agreed to let to them do it and willingly gave in, I dunno...

7. Lastly, the story... for some reason I can't but feel the first half is partially ringing to Big Band's story. Both experiencing the Grand War and being rebuilt by the ASL with new mecha bodies and using sound-based combat, sounds kinda similar to my ears. Not bad and it doesn't really matter though, since the 2nd half sounds nothing like BB and I think that's enough to set them apart.

Eh, that's all I got I guess... Your story was so short (which for u is a good thing) that I don't have a lot to say. I feel like I'm more of a confusion than a help so I got nothing else.

Let me just answer these one at a time:

1. Remember, my concept art is just concept art, it does not reflect the final thing. Plus, I was planning to put in a bit about his "scars", but I didn't think of that when I was writing it. So to speak, the mask not only helps him live (it isn't impossible for him to go on without it, but it does make his life harder if he lost it), but it also covers up "scars". Now, I use this term lightly, given this was done because of the experiments and the implantation of the soundwave tech. But just imagine if your mouth was missing and all that was there was just a jaw. Yeah, that's kinda the thing that Krysmic is hiding under his mask, and yes, he can still move the jaw because of the technology implanted in him, even though the regular muscles to move the lower jaw aren't there.

3. I have made my mind up and changed it to 15, thanks for bringing that up.

4. Well, so to speak, he can't fly or shoot lasers like you would think, but I guess he could use the soundwave tech in the likes of his super jump and he could also materialize the soundwaves into some sort of beam, so... kinda, they aren't individual powers alongside his soundwave tech, but if he could pull it off using his tech, then that's totally legit.

5. Well, he was orphaned at a young age, so he didn't necessarily get to know where he came from, which he feels bad about. And I didn't say anything about him feeling like a burden on those around him, woops, it isn't NECESSARILY the fact that they want to kidnap him. It would depend on what lab got him first if they decided to hunt for him. If he ended up with Lab 0 (Brain Drain and Valentine), that wouldn't be too good for him. If he ended up with Lab 8, then that would be a lot better for him. There isn't much remaining ASL anyway, so getting kidnapped is the least of his worries. Thanks for pointing this out also, I need to put something in that makes that clear.

6. Considering his predicament at the time, he probably would have no choice, it isn't like they would let him go easily. They could have easily tricked him into doing it.

7. A difference between BB's weaponry and Krysmic's is that Krysmic's is pure soundwave, whereas BB's is a pneumatic set-up, and considering BB was one of the first ASG soldiers, his weaponry is dated. You should look more into BB's story and see what I'm talking about. And also, I'm pretty sure the weaponry and other parts, such as his legs, were built into the iron lung he is forced to be in to keep him alive, whereas Krysmic gets proper body part swapping. So basically, Krysmic's body is changed due to the weaponry, and BB's body was just added onto.

So there you have it! An explanation for my flaws! I'm going to start working on more concept art and do some voicework while nobody is in the house, so eventually I'll update the current bio and stuff and put up a message saying I updated it.
But still. please feel free to comment on the current condition, anybody that hasn't done so already.

Alright, incorporated suggestions and edited Krysmic to be better. Thanks for the suggestions, I'd love even more feedback on this current version!

Bio: As a little boy when he experienced the Grand War, Dimitri Astakhov was orphaned at a young age. Taken in by the late Lab 3, he was given a life there to help him develop fully before they could turn him into something else. They saw the potential in a brash, young specimen hurt by war, and when the time came, they drafted him into an experimental procedure codenamed "Krysmic" that was deemed immoral. He was taken apart, and most of him was replaced with robotic appendages and cores that allowed him increased strength, and they also gave him an ability that was something very nearly impossible to imagine, yet alone bring to reality at the time. He could channel soundwaves that generated inside of his body into physical waves of destruction. Very much at the time, it was a breakthough in the ASG program. But not long after they had made this extraordinary feat in science, Lab 3 was soon shut down. Fearing that he was losing everything all over again, he fell into hiding, and was presumed dead by the rest of the ASL after a good while. Years pass by, and he currently resides in Little Innsmouth, serving as a local musician for the citizens. Since the incident, he has given his own personal touch to his abilities, as he brings new life to the music of the era and uses it as a basis for his mesmerizing soundwaves. But when a new Skullgirl rises to cause chaos in the Canopy Kingdom, he almost feels morally obliged to find and defeat her. He doesn't know exactly why, as he knows that the Skullheart only grants wishes to women, but he feels as if something inside of him is almost guiding him towards his fate, as if redemption for something lies at the end of the path. All he can do now is follow his feet and to be ready to bring the house down...

C1UMMPL.jpg

Unfortunately I have to put it to an external link, which is annoying. https://soundcloud.com/dimitri-awesometh/final-voice-test

His personality is... what can I say..."ahead of his time". He generally sees himself calm and controlled in battle, but can be a bit too big for his shoes sometimes. He is also very creative, which is how he "created" electro-swing for his music, and eventually I'll show how he can use that type of thing to his advantage when I get more art done.

- People
- Brawling
- Action
- Creating things

Dislikes:- Untrustworthy people
- The Grand War
- The constant nattering in his head

More details coming soon, I plan to figure out fighting styles as well.

OH LAWD
I feel bad now, I really hope this whole mess hasn't deterred anyone from posting here.

Barbara
Presenting, The Sheep in Wolf's Clothing, Barbara Shepard!
I've decided that from now on all of my characters will be members of The Wulf Pack.
Without further ado, allow me to introduce a person instrumental to the growth of this group of freedom fighters.
{18 years before the present.}
Downtown New Meridian City, a quiet Sunday Summer morning save for the cries of a newborn in a local flower shop. Mr. and Mrs. Shepard dated young, married young, and bourn young as hippies tend to do. The father is a human street sitarist and the mother is a flower shop owner who looks as sheepish as she acts, literally. The child is a girl named Barbara Shepard, half Human and half Feral. This family would just be scraping by, but they were happy nonetheless.

{13 years before the present.}
The Grand War was raging but it didn't touch the Shepard family due to their living circumstances. Now one might argue that a guitarist and a florist would be perfect for rearing a child who would be kind and generous, but Barbara has trouble expressing herself. From Kindergarten through Middle School Barbara was a schoolyard bully, one who was very physical with her victims. A normal day consisted of her pushing around people weaker than her and claiming things for herself. Barbara resented her parent's laid back attitude because it meant that she herself would never get anywhere in life, so she made a conscious effort to be everything they're not; dominating, violent, and greedy. Traits that she knew were the keys to success in the bad neighborhood that she lived in. Mr. and Mrs. Shepard were generally good parents, but there is only so much they can do when their daughter is so confused about who she is.

{4 years before the present.}
Barbara's reign of terror continued until a week before the end of her time in Middle School. During recess near the flagpole one of Barbara's frequent victims decided to stand up for himself and call her out on her misguided views. After his short but accurate monologue Barbara lost her cool and hit him square in the center of the forehead with a headbutt, an action that would shake the very foundations of the identity she had established.
The boy was hospitalized for a week and even after he was released he never fully recovered from the ordeal. To this day he still suffers from painful migraines that can only be remedied by daily medication. Given her already violent history Barbara would have been expelled for something like this, but her time in middle school ended before such a motion could be passed. Barbara received a restraining order as well as a scolding from her parents, but she generally got away with minimal punishment. However the incident tore her apart inside. Barbara would smack kids around for rights to the jungle gym and rough em' up for their possessions, but this time she almost killed someone. She couldn't even face the boy due to the restraining order, let alone her crushing guilt. These new feelings that she bottled up inside made her realize that she was lying to herself, the identity she assumed was just a way for her to deny her parent's way of life. It was escapism in the form of childhood rebellion. Her only way of atoning was to cease her current way of life and adopt a new one. This time she would be everything her parents are; unassuming, peaceful, and generous.
High School for Barbara was exactly what she wanted, quiet and uneventful. A new school with new people helped her to assume the new identity that she was trying to adopt. Eventually the drama of her childhood subsided and Barbara settled into a lifestyle that she considered fitting for someone trying to turn over a new leaf. Barbara graduated quietly without any major accomplishments and her former victim finally accepted her repeated attempts at apologizing, yet she never forgave herself.

{5 months before the present.}
Wiglaf had just recently formed The Wulf Pack. His goal was to gather a team of people to help Beowulf when he inevitably faces the Skullgirl. Wiglaf considered a team of twenty strong fighters to be enough so he spent the first three weeks hand picking the members. After one week he had at least seven people willing to participate, all of them loyal to the cause, all of them ready for a fight. Wiglaf chose people who sought to become a part of something greater than themselves, people who longed for a purpose beyond simply living on. As a result he found himself in an alleyway downtown searching for young souls with no path in life. Of course it was only a matter of time before this out-of-place Feral caught the attention of some muggers. Being in his public wear meant that Wiglaf was completely unarmed against the five miscreants, so things were looking bleak. Backed up against the wall, Wiglaf raised his fists in the face of futility.
A blur came out of left field and collided with one of the thugs, throwing her into a wall and incapacitating her instantly. While the muggers tried to make sense of what happened Wiglaf took the opportunity to sucker punch one of them, knocking him out cold. Wiglaf and his rescuer worked together to take out the remaining three and escaped together on foot.

Wiglaf introduced himself and Barbara did likewise. Barbara was now working as a flower girl for her mom's shop since despite the family's efforts there was no way for them to put her through College. Barbara resigned herself to this fate and spent her days selling flowers through a portable cart. It was getting late and as thanks Wiglaf offered to push Barbara's cart home. On the way back to the shop Wiglaf asked several questions about Barbara and her family. Barbara hadn't had a heart to heart with anyone besides her parents so it was very easy for her to pour her soul out to a complete stranger. By the time they were at the shop it was night and Barbara was in tears due to her existential confusion. Her enjoyment of the recent fight told her that she was still trying to be something she wasn't. At the end of Barbara's heartfelt confession Wiglaf gave an unexpected answer. He simply lit up a cigarette and said,

"A friend of mine once told me something, 'When we forsake our true selves we start down a path that leads only to self-deception and disappointment.' Yeah he can be a little dramatic sometimes, but he was right. He told me this because a few years back I was hating myself. For a while all I did was hate the world for what it took from me, and I was ashamed of myself for that hate because I was always taught that hate is a sin. My friend though, he said that my anger is what makes me who I am today and that I should never change myself to suit the will of others. He told me that instead I should channel that anger into something worthwhile.
I know that we just met, but hear me out on this. Your true self is not who you were or who you wish to be, it's who you are right here and now. Your true self is not a work in progress, you accept it as it is. If you want to put your skills to use in protecting the weak instead of preying on them, call me."

Barbara and Wiglaf parted ways and the former was left to her thoughts. Perhaps it was fact that she fought for the first time in 4 years, or perhaps it was Wiglaf's words that cut so deeply. Either way she realized that she had to stop running away from who she is, so the very next day she picked up the phone, determined to find out what her new friend had in mind for her.

{5 days before the present.}
Fighter's Branch, Lieutenant Barbara "Black Sheep" Shepard now resides in The Wulf Den, working alongside Wiglaf and the rest of The Wulf Pack to prepare for the inevitable rise of the next Skullgirl. Barbara now holds her horns high as a warrior dedicated to following a true hero's example.
ISFJ
Barbara's character revolves around the fact that she has a lot of trouble expressing herself as a unique individual, so many people would call her very boring. Barbara doesn't talk much, but when she does she usually has something important to say. She's very direct in conversation and prefers to keep most interactions short, this is a result of her tendency to avoid people out of habit. It would be wrong to call her shy, she just prefers to keep to herself. She tends to be very stubborn when it comes to her views and decision making and she will stick to her current thought processes until she decides otherwise.

Barbara is a lot like Adam in a way. She's regarded as a very responsible person who is well suited to her role as a lieutenant. She takes orders directly from Wiglaf and completes her tasks quickly and without cutting corners. After the middle school incident Barbara always makes an effort to be sympathetic towards others, so she's a very good listener and empathizes with other people well.

Simply put, Barbara is an aloof and hard headed person who is also very loyal, responsible, and surprisingly empathetic. She's no killjoy, but she's certainly not a party starter.
Likes: Daydreaming, Working, Bagpipes, Horn Filing, Gardening, Green, Summer, Scarves, Plaid & Floral Patterns, Nail Polish
Dislikes: Personal Questions, Standing Out, Eye Contact, High Places, Stormy Weather, Humidity, Parties, Horror Movies, Popcorn, Bass Guitar
Height: 5'6''
Weight: 125 lbs.
Complexion: Fair
Hair: Black, Short, and Curly. It's difficult to describe but it's pretty much the same as this character, whoever she is.
Eyes: Green, oval shaped but usually half closed. Kind of a sad expression.
Features: Feminine, but with rounder features than Wiglaf. A thin nose and thin lips to match, she can be described as cute but her attitude kind of subverts that. She shares some facial similarities with Patty, but I consider Naoto to be the best reference.
Physique: Thin and toned, Barbara has a runner's body. She has black sheep ears where normal human ears would be and a short tail which is concealed by her dress. Two large light brown horns protrude from 3 inches above her temples. They curve backwards and come back around in a single loop that follows the circumference of her head from a side view, the sharp points ending near her chin. Based on Bighorn Rams. Bust is around Ms. Fortune's size.
Barbara's design is meant to be a blend of stereotypical Viking, Scottish, and Barbarian themes.

-Nails and tips of horns are painted green.
-The Mark is located on the jugular notch, hidden by the scarf.
-A form fitting dress, tailored for a fight. The dress has no neckline and instead continues up into a turtleneck where it then trails off into a long scarf. It has no sleeves and hugs the body tightly until it reaches the flared skirt which ends 3 inches above her knees. Its material is the same used in kilts and has a consistent forest green plaid pattern.
-Dark brown leather fingerless vambraces. Her left vambrace is a little different than her right because of the special device on it. Trimmed with brown wolf fur.
-She wears a dark brown leather waist belt just above her hips. Two brown wolf tails hang from the right side of the belt. On the left side is her wooden sword sheathe.
-On the back of her belt she wears a Sporran made from a wolf's head, sort of like this.
-Dark brown leather greaves in the same style as her vambraces. Trimmed with brown wolf fur.

-On her left forearm Barbara wears a viking round shield about 50cm in diameter. It's made from a special black wood and is trimmed with high quality steel. The shield is attached to a streamlined mechanism mounted on Barbara's forearm which allows her to sling the shield like a yoyo by a strong metal cable. This mechanism also allows the shield to slide up and down her forearm on a rail, so she can strengthen her shield strikes or use her left hand when she needs to. The device also has a spinning mechanism, but it's manually powered. Barbara uses this shield for most of her special moves. The Wulf Pack's symbol is painted in white on the front, palette changes may change the design.
(Shield slinging mechanism is a prototype weapon designed by the Worker's Branch chief engineer, [NAME CLASIFIED].)

-In her right hand Barbara wields Ulfberht, a high quality viking sword custom forged by The Wulf Pack's old weaponsmith, who shall remain unnamed for now. Ulfberht is a one-handed sword specialized for quick chops and thrusts. Barbara uses this sword for most of her punches.
Rygar, Sophitia (Soul Calibur), Warrior of Light (Dissidia), Captain America (Marvel), Night Wolf (Mortal Kombat), Dragonborn (Skyrim), Dark Souls, Bighorn Rams, William Wallace, The Scotsman (Samurai Jack)
Sword and Shield in hand, Barbara positions her hands and feet at equal distances to the sides of her body. She faces the opponent directly rather than from the side. Her legs are bent and she leans forward slightly, ready to charge. This gives us a very clear view of her shield, the highlight of her fighting style.

For Barbara the best offense is a good defense, her style revolves around hiding behind her shield and waiting for the right moment to initiate a counter attack. She has a wide array of defensive abilities such as a parry, riposte, and projectile deflection. As a result Barbara rarely makes the first move in battle, instead she waits for her opponent to approach her and she turns their aggression against them. This tactic makes her ill-suited against zoners, but she has a few tricks for dealing with those kind of fighters.

Barbara's punch and kick attacks are pretty basic. Sword swings for punches and the usual arsenal of kicks. Her special moves are where she really shines as they are mostly centered on utilizing her shield slinging mechanism to it's full potential. She can deal with opponents halfway across the screen by slinging her shield, she can slide it down her forearm to strengthen her push block, she can spin it rapidly to deflect projectiles, and more.
Like Wiglaf, Barbara has no air dash or double jump, but she makes up for it with her defensive abilities and fast headbutt move.

Barbara's unique gameplay ability is in her Parry and Push Block. By pressing two punch buttons during a parry Barbara will perform a riposte. In a riposte Barbara interrupts her opponent's attack with a shield swipe and and thrusts her sword into them. While the sword is stuck inside the opponent there are a couple of options for further commands.

Like every other character Barbara can push block by pressing two punch buttons while blocking an attack. However, if the opponent's combo is long enough then holding the push block and releasing it will cause Barbara to unleash a more powerful push block that creates much more distance.
Guard Effects

Parry
A standard parry, a staple of Street Fighter III.
Riposte
:PP: (During Parry)
Barbara interrupts her opponent's attack with a shield swipe and and thrusts her sword into them, keeping it there for a fleeting moment. If a kick is pressed during the sword thrust Barbara will shove the opponent off her sword with her foot, sending them into a sliding state. If no kick is pressed then she will simply yank out her sword out and the opponent will crumple.
Power Push
:PP: (Hold and release while blocking)
Barbara uses her shield mechanism to add some extra power to her push block. This will push the opponent far enough to make her safe from further attacks, effectively ending their combo.

Special Moves

Battering Ram
:B::F::K: (Charge)
Barbara uses her signature offensive move and dashes forward with a head butt. Increasing punch strength increases the range and strength of the attack as well as the effect it has on the opponent. These effects are crumple, sliding state, and knock back/wall bounce in that order.
Shield Sling
:QCF::P:
Barbara slings her shield forward God of War style. Increasing punch strength changes the behavior of the attack.
:LP: Barbara slings her shield straight forward.
:MP: Barbara slings her shield into the air in front of her, tracing an irregular path.
:HP: Barbara slings her shield in a wide overhead arc, less distance but covers more area.
Advancing Guard
:QCB::P:
Barbara dramatically holds up her shield, allowing her to move forward while still being able to block. When attacked in this state Barbara will automatically block an attack, regardless of whether it was low, medium, or high. After the first five hits the player must assume control of blocking further attacks. Barbara will also automatically escape throws in this state. After blocking five hits or escaping a throw Barbara will return to her neutral state. Moving backwards or pressing a punch or kick also resets her to a normal fighting stance.
Revving Deflector
:RDP::P:
Barbara yanks on a cable on her shield mechanism as if it were a chainsaw. The shield spins rapidly for a moment and during this time projectiles are deflected.
Retreat
:QCB::K:
Barbara does a simple back step, unlike her back dash she can block during this maneuver. Increasing kick strength increases the distance of the step, but only slightly.

Blockbusters
(Coming Soon!)
As you've probably guessed by now, she will be a very important supporting character in the story I'll one day write.
That's why I've put as much effort into developing her as I did for Wiglaf.
Comments and criticisms are welcome.

Last edited:
Schools out for me past Tuesday, lucky me! Maybe I can submit some concept art of my own OCs while I'm at it...