• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

@IsaVulpes why are you even debating this with me? Why?
Why would you post if you have no interest in debating? This is a forum, not a blog
Even if you just want to 'educate' people, that is fine, but then you need some arguments beyond "X is bad, because I think X is bad"

It isn't uniform because Mike looked at some characters and thought "It would probably be more useful if they got their Kick special"
It is "Motion+Assistcall does the P special, unless the character has a really good reason for preferring the Kick one"
For example Mike thinks that Peacock kinda likes to do George+Assist and doesn't really care about Bang+Assist, so she has K priority
Fukua you can make a case for both Drill+Assist being good and Fireball+Assist being neat for zoning, and he went with P either due to it being a Fireball, or because it's the default, or w/e

It takes literally 5 seconds to learn which of the two has priority, that isn't ..really.. a reason not to do it. What is the advantage of it being "universal"?

How is it better to say "Okay, your K-Special + Assist is utterly worthless, and this other chars K-Special + Assist is godlike, tough luck",
than to go "Okay your K-Special + Assist is shit, let's give you P priority instead so you can actually utilize this"
How about: It is universal in the sense that "Every char has a useful one"; surely that is more important than "Every char has the same"?

How does changing it help you with deciding in any way? It is still set, just set to different things..
If you put it based on button strength (so HP+MK gives you HP special, HK+MP gives you HK special),
- you gain some things (Being able to call A2 with both HP and HK specials),
- but also lose some things (Being able to call A2 with both HP and MP specials)
That may be more useful to you, but .. hey, some people may disagree!
Eg: my Parasoul likes to do Tearshot+A1.
- The way it currently is, I can choose between M.Tearshot+A1 (LK+MP) and L.Tearshot+A1 (LP+MK)
- The way you propose it, I would be able to choose between M.Tearshot+A1 (LK+MP) and M.Egret+A1 (LP+MK)
The latter is obviously a fucking useless shit I will never want to do. Thanks, but no!

I want to "debate" this with you..
because you are posting objectively wrong garbage,
paired with random opinions you don't explain in any way,
and then try to pass the entire pool of shit off as 'facts'.

- Your original post was "I would like to be able to 'decide' which special comes out when doing Motion+Assist",
without explaining in any way how the fuck you would like to accomplish that (an option in the Menu to tick?).
- Your next post is "Is this confirmed?" on Stuff's 'Punches take priority'.
It takes 5 seconds to go into training mode and test this, and another 5 seconds to switch chars and see that it doesn't apply to all chars.
Why the fuck do you need 'confirmation' for this? It is impossibly easy to try out for yourself (and you not knowing this makes me wonder.. ah oh well)
- Then you write "Yeah this needs changed".
No reason as to why. No explanation how you would change it, or to what. No thought on what changing it could possibly break for other people.
You learned about it being the case 5 seconds ago. First thought: THIS NEEDS TO GET CHANGED.
You'd think we're talking about a gamebreaking bug here, .. but nyope, it's a fully subjective topic,
Where all sides have sort-of a point and one change will be nice for person X while keeping it as-is will be nice for person Y.
- Following, your 'Smackdown'. "I'm not one to preach, but.." .. .. .. "THIS IS AWFUL AND NEEDS TO GET CHANGED ASAP AND WOW THIS IS BAD IN FIGHTING GAMES AND OMGGGGGGGG"
No reason as to why. No explanation how you would change it, or to what. No thought on what changing it could possibly break for other people. Because that's how you roll..
- Next random post. "It being universal would benefit everyone (but that is just my opinion)".
What kind of statement is this? Either it will benefit everyone, FULL STOP. Or *you* think it would be better, *that* then is "just your opinion".
This structure makes no fucking flab of sense. "1+1=2 (but that is just my opinion)". This is a worthless addendum, to craft a statement of
"THIS IS A FACT ACCEPT IT AS SUCH LISTEN TO ME (and if you try to attack or disprove it, I will say 'But it was just my opinion..' and avoid all discussion)". Great?

I don't necessarily disagree that it would be better for Fukua to have K instead of P priority (though never in my dreams I would argue for this as a fact).
If you want this to get changed, you should post better reasons than DO IT I WANT IT DO IT NOW I WANT IT NOW UNIVERSAL FIGHTING GAME BETTER BUG YES HRRGLARBLBL, though

I don't even disagree that it would be nice to be able to do assistcall+special with more different specials.
I even have an idea that could accomplish this, without breaking things for anybody. Perhaps. Not sure. I will .. think. That is what I do.
Perhaps you should try it out sometime, then you wouldn't have to end your posts with "I hope this doesn't make me look like a complete moron...."

This thread could be a really nice thing, but it is largely a mess of goddamn retards posting brainless fuckshit with zero thought behind it because why not, innit?
And then some funny assfaces writing shit suggestions, getting shot down, and spending the next page with IT WAS JUST A JOKE GUYS!! HEHEHE!!!! WHY DID YOU TAKE IT SERIOUS???
I don't know if you really expect Mike will keep opening this thread just to wade through your sea of 3-second-opinions and hehehe lol roflmao joke funny suggestion wasn't it guys??
But at this point *I* am getting too lazy to keep looking into this, as it is nothing but a cake of condensed diarrhea, and *I* don't have to take any of these posts serious in any way

TL;DR This thread is shit, you guys are shit, I don't think Mike will really look into this much more, carry on, I have no interest in this anymore

Last edited:
You can pink it to get the move you want + assist, right?

I thought I was able to do that.

I just call the assist and then fast as fuck do the move to get what I want and it seems to work fine.

@Spencer I know you can do this but I'm talking about using a macro for an assist call where you really can't pink it so like doing the input QCF.macro 1 (lk, mp). But yeah you can absolutely do that

If you had spent the aforementioned 5 seconds in training mode
Or knew how the game actually operates
You would know that one can't call assist during a special
- Read: QCF K~P gives you a QCF-K special, then 1f later you can't call assist anymore, so the P input just gets ignored

So no, you can absolutely NOT do that, thanks for spreading further misinformation

At this point I'm not sure anymore
Is this satire?

I think some people in here need to take a nap....

ON TOPIC: I'm pretty sure there used to be a macro that let you call assist while using specials, but it was patched out.

Reactions: joshb911
Lord, you're going all in on this "internet bad guy" image you've created for yourself, aren't you.

Reactions: joshb911
I don't understand why out of all the things that don't feel good about head-off right now Zoom is what some fortune players want buffed. IAD Buffer is the only change here I am 100% on board with.

I think the buffer change is a reasonable request as is Stuff's Fiber Upper idea, but I think the latter is less likely to actually make it in.

Reactions: ReSpAwNz67
Try and keep on topic and not poop on each other, y'all.

Since no one objected, the "can jump out of parry recovery" beta change is pretty much final, right? I'm really enjoying it.

Try and keep on topic and not poop on each other, y'all.

Since no one objected, the "can jump out of parry recovery" beta change is pretty much final, right? I'm really enjoying it.
yeah i like. don't see any reason for it to change.

I didn't read any of this but I just want to say that I'm confused that you can't just do assist THEN the special move with whatever strength you wanted.

Is this as hard as the whole "press two buttons" thing?

There was a time when I wanted Skullgirls players to use Skullheart to talk about gameplay. I am not so sure now.....

Wait, there was a time when this forum was about gameplay?

I thought all we did was waifu wars

I didn't read any of this but I just want to say that I'm confused that you can't just do assist THEN the special move with whatever strength you wanted.

There are some set ups that are either super hard without being able to use the macro or impossible( Well as far as I know)

For example. In the corner try air throw + assist call by calling your assist first then throwing with Fukua + LNL and see if you can ever get the timing for LNL to hit right after the air throw. Then try it by pressing your macro + whatever button is left for a throw input and see how it magically works woah 2 spooky

edit: Also I can't believe Josh is dead rip

Reactions: Spencer

This is what you have to do with Big Band because [4]6+assist will give you an Emergency Brake*, so you have to call the assist then input the special shortly after. As someone who does that constantly I can confirm that it is not hard. Although sometimes because of negative edge I get the wrong type/strength of punch but that's me being bad.

*at neutral, if you do it during hitstop you'll get the rush punch

@IsaVulpes why are you even debating this with me? Why? If I want to do a ringlet psyche after a macro assist call and I get spire why should I not be able to choose what I want? That makes no sense and leads to bias in the possible outcomes of an otherwise simple input. I mean if it was uniform for every character yeah I would be fine with that but why do some characters have kick as the priority and some have punch? That's just extra time that you need to put in to memorize something that should not be required. That being said I don't care about having to learn each one I just think it would be nice to be able to decide considering everything else players can customize in this game.....

I dunno you could just... input the Ringlet Psyc the normal way instead of using macros?

Tempbanned for racism and prolonged off-topic discussion.
MOD EDIT: This post was purged for racism and off-topic discussion.

Reactions: Cadenza
Sorry for taking a long time.

@Mike_Z
Overall i WISHED H shadow was faster by 1-2 frames i also kinda wished that if i hit my Opponent with the fireball that i can atleast have that back immediately(not even sure if you can set the recovery mode to if the fireball is blocked or whiffed) while if i whiff a fireball then i'm forced to take the cooldown. but dismissed that cause that's not what you want to hear.

H shadow is alot more responsive in its chop and helps a little and i've been using it for a good bunch i feel it has some sort of use more relevant than before

I won't even bother going in on some people here... But it is possible to
Get out assist plus special on the non priority having special if the
Priority special is unable to be started.

Easy examples include fukua drill while fireball tear hasn't yet gotten back to fukua, peacock lk bomb then bang plus assist with the lk button will
Get out bang and assist if the lk bomb is still on screen.

And theres atleast one clear exception to the priority thing that I know of:

Big band can do brass plus assist if he uses it in a combo or blockstring.

When canceling into in a blockstring or combo.

i also kinda wished that if i hit my Opponent with the fireball that i can atleast have that back immediately

This would make the Fukua matchup suck even harder for Big Band, so please no

SG counts successful parries as the attack "hitting", so this would mean that one of the few immediately obvious uses for parrying (air parrying projectiles like love dart during forward jumps to maintain forward momentum) would become counterproductive as you would be giving Fukua another fireball immediately.

hrmm. i guess everyone should tune into the stream tonight (or if they're in the area, show up to UGC and get a voice in SG)
https://twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/565355510334230528

seems like something is getting crowd noises. i assume its beowulf's hype gain moves. or it could be for the arena stage? or both?

either way, this seems like a big deal.

edit: also get SRK to post this? get the word out and get those stream viewer numbers up.

Last edited:
I'd hope it's tonight at Salty, it would be fitting since so many people are coming out for the recording session. IIRC, Mike said they were trying to get his VA out to Salty so the regulars might get a chance to meet him.

Reactions: Wenzel and Kai
James Woods for Beo, and for The Hurting, a slightly higher pitched James Woods

Oh yeah every time someone mentions "Beowulf's VA" inb4 fans speculating on who he is.

Skullgirls's twitter said that Beo's VA will be announced "really soon". Emphasis on the really.

Whoever he is, let's hope that he's one of the friendliest people ever!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kai
@IsaVulpes why are you even debating this with me? Why?
He likes to drink the tears of the distressed. I think it's just best if you cried into a cup and give it to him. Saves time.

There was a time when I wanted Skullgirls players to use Skullheart to talk about gameplay. I am not so sure now.....

This is why we can't have nice things.

[Salty] Hey, it's my team!

...Hey, they slightly nerfed my team! :P

No big deal, I'll compensate accordingly. And nice to see we don't have to withold Horace's paychecks anymore. It's good, he was getting grumblies in his tumblies...

Yo can Bella's run command throw be a little faster? I mean the attack portion where she takes FOR-EV-ER to jump on their heads or whatever and does those stupid little jabs, backflips off them does a pose with "TADA!". It drives me insane how long that special takes and EVERY Bella uses it in their combos now.

Yo can Bella's run command throw be a little faster? I mean the attack portion where she takes FOR-EV-ER to jump on their heads or whatever and does those stupid little jabs, backflips off them does a pose with "TADA!". It drives me insane how long that special takes and EVERY Bella uses in their combos now.
I've tried to modify my corner MGR followup combo to leave out that move because it annoys me so much, but I haven't found any alternatives that do comparable damage and don't have any difficult links. I wish it was faster too!

All the cheering they recorded makes me hope the empty arena gets the same music as the same full arena so there can be a stage where we can hear the theme without it having to compete with the crowd noise.

I really like the arena theme.

Yo can Bella's run command throw be a little faster? I mean the attack portion where she takes FOR-EV-ER to jump on their heads or whatever and does those stupid little jabs, backflips off them does a pose with "TADA!". It drives me insane how long that special takes and EVERY Bella uses it in their combos now.
Yes please. Pummel horse is so long it buys me enough time after a reset to see how much undizzy I have left with a 5 undizzy error margin, calculate 3 different undizzy-optimized follow up routes, double check the IPS, decide which one will give me the extra meter and go for it confidently, while drunk at 4am*.
I don't need that much time when I go for my BnB.

*this was only exaggerated by ~20%. Still way too long.

Reactions: Woofly
I like PH to scratch my head/back or crack my fingers.
I hope it freezes time like supers do, tho. It's too much time spent in an single move.