• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

I like the doublejump change! As a result the game is more at regular jump height which more characters can do something about, so counterplay happens more often. Doublejumps are much more committal because assist counterplay is possible only when regular jumping or airdashing. The in-game options are much more balanced now. Very happy with this change.

Reactions: Dime
Double jump no assist + Robo no dj. hk seems too harsh for her. I prefer neither but if I had to nerf her one way, it would be the no dj. hk and put back the dj. assist calling.

It's the lesser of two evils

Just got done playing 3 different sets with CM. Yeah, i love this change, its official.

Val and double and all the double jump characters can still play runaway with double jump or use double jump to get in. But if you want to do BOTH runaway or get in with an assist backing at the same time, you have to commit to a "blind" assist call in the first jump and then hope you land into a good position... No ability to double jump and then make up your mind what you want to do.

The game feels much more dynamic and the movement options feel like they all have their place rather than one being a clear go to at all times.

Some of the funnest games ive played in awhile tbh.

Now its just up to mike and the community to pass judgement.

Reactions: erkicman
I love cat slide assist. It allows me to play a better mid ranged game without having a redundant assist on my team. I also now get to steal set play from @mcpeanuts and still keep fortune relevant on my squad. Now I just need somebody to play me that doesn't lag to high hell.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Double jump no assist + Robo no dj. hk seems too harsh for her. I prefer neither but if I had to nerf her one way, it would be the no dj. hk and put back the dj. assist calling.

It's the lesser of two evils
She's not even finished, do you really think flying to the top of the screen while calling assists is going to be all she does?

ugh, after playing retail again

i definitely prefer the new upback not gluing you to the ground

the retail is just gross overall lol

Reactions: ClarenceMage
I don’t really want to whine about something petty, but I really don’t like how Double's Nightmare Legion has been 'adjusted slightly' a couple of patches ago. Why was it slowed down? Might as well be retail speed at this point because I whipped out my stopwatch and timed both retail and Beta Nightmare Legions and the difference in length is approximately 1 second (this is including starting animation till the opponent hits the ground). Why would anyone want a 10-11 second super?

Reactions: ClarenceMage
Why was it slowed down? Might as well be retail speed at this point
Well the whole point of Beta IS to test things, so...

I don’t really want to whine about something petty, but I really don’t like how Double's Nightmare Legion has been 'adjusted slightly' a couple of patches ago. Why was it slowed down? Might as well be retail speed at this point because I whipped out my stopwatch and timed both retail and Beta Nightmare Legions and the difference in length is approximately 1 second (this is including starting animation till the opponent hits the ground). Why would anyone want a 10-11 second super?
It was only 0.5 sec faster before. And that must be a hell of a stopwatch you have because it's only 8 seconds long...?

It was only 0.5 sec faster before. And that must be a hell of a stopwatch you have because it's only 8 seconds long...?

Sorry, must've been a spider nest in my stopwatch again. Seriously though it doesn’t feel like the last one was 0.5 seconds faster and I've played a lot of Double. What I did to measure was: Inputs for NL > Mash Start > Press start on both controller and stopwatch at once > time (keep in mind this is from starting animation till they hit the floor and not the final hit.). I don't know how else I can time this with my poverty life.

My reasoning for wanting it back to 0.5 seconds faster, or so, is because, in my opinion, it's not anything spectacular after seeing it after 400+ hours to warrant both players watching it go through for 8 seconds and just looks goofy with slow hits. I'm open to opinions.

Fuck it if it looks goofy, it's annoying to watch.

If it's a problem with gameplay then just make it like one of those things in KOF where if you get hit by the move you get "locked" into it and it will be a guaranteed hit rather than it dropping on rare occasions like how her lvl3 is now.

This whole time I thought it was the same person it's three different dudes lol

Reactions: Apex
Beta Experiments
- Doublejumping only locks assists, you do not automatically turn around when attacking after a normal jump -> double jump.

Beowulf
- Palette addition, shuffling, and milk variants. :^)
Fukua
- Drillationship startups 10/15/20f -> 10/14/18f. That's all ya get.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/detail/195117040798896134

For a character that can't ever anti-air anything, NL taking 8 seconds (8 whole seconds!? OMG! That's 8 seconds you were going to use productively with your life!) is a reasonable F U to whoever you're playing against. Besides, it doesn't take near as long as a Valentine combo.

Last edited:
Ok not that I disagree with NL taking 8 seconds being ok but, what the hell does her being able to anti air have to do with it???

Last edited:
What are the longest supers in SG? Doubles lv3 doesnt seem that much longer than Fenrir or Showstopper.

man there goes my attempt at finding a way to make doubles j.lk act like parasoul J.4LK

What are the longest supers in SG? Doubles lv3 doesnt seem that much longer than Fenrir or Showstopper.
Lady of Slaughter and Khepri Sun strike me as being pretty long.

I like the idea of no assist in double jump because you can't call assist in a super jump, so why should you be able to call an assist with jump > double jump since it gets you the same height?

About the experiment of no assist in super jumps, im okay with that, could be more neutral game, tought.
Lets stay in the Beta for a while, instead of jumping in early conclusions

Well I just played 9 matches with the assist beta change... Honestly I didn't notice it at all.

What exactly is this change supposed to fix anyway?

@Mike_Z Is it supposed to be possible to get a timeout during Beowulf's qcb+PP super?

weeeee double post

He still gets notified if you just edit your post and tag him you know.

EDIT: Like so, @Jason

Reactions: Wenzel
so chair come back to the screen please

PW gets a free punish combo on a lot of "safe" things.

Oh and Domo got to see this first because PW/BB privilege

You're my favorite person in the SGC, but I'm upset with you for giving this to him. ._.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Thoughts on double jump test after getting some decent play time in:

I only really felt it vs peacock. It was really hard to navigate the shots and try to counter call assists. Squigly vs Peacock is already pretty awkward, and this makes it harder. It could still be fine as Squigly can dodge lots of the reversal options, but at my scrubby level it feels pretty rough.

It's kinda awkward not being able to crossup with an assist with a doublejump, That's all I really have to say about it

@Dime_x Has PW (whatever)/ BB (L Beat Extend)/Robo (H Beam) crossed your mind yet for theory teams?

@Mr. X x/robo/BB or x/BB/robo is my theory best shell right now.

With possible meta pick x/Bella/Robo