• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Egret Bike has red bounce, not sure what you mean with Blue

I was mainly talking about comboing into the bike. the only real time that people would get caught with it not in a combo to get a red bounce is all the way across the stage where parasoul can't really do much since they are so close to the ground when they bounce off the wall. My bad on no elaboration before wrote that in a hurry.

There is an assist light that goes red you know : ^ )
What? What does that have to do with what I was talking about?

What? What does that have to do with what I was talking about?
See red block low : P Besides, the most common low assists (french twist and cremation) don't have much range, so they have to be close to you anyways while double jumping. Super Jump air throw beats this free, along with good spacing. I suppose I can see you getting a little upset with slide assists, but I just see your proposed change as just totally gutting their use from a higher jump state anyways, same as what we have now. I feel like my idea would work a little better than yours, though I have no idea how either would be implemented by Mike.

Okay one more suggestion maybe I can have everyone on board with including Isa...
How about raw tags get count as counter hits if they are hit during their taunt?

Reactions: zarkingphoton
EDIT: ^ Isn't that already the case MMDS?

Serious question: How do you punish L Hornet xx Monster? Does Double really need another safe "specific meter punish only" reversal?

Can't wait for that to get into retail. o_O'

Okay one more suggestion maybe I can have everyone on board with including Isa...
How about raw tags get count as counter hits if they are hit during their taunt?

Raw tags are the only way the west coast can win games. This is not a change you should endorse.

does anyone besides me think that after a team member is KO'd the incoming character should be able to choose what side they come in on? I've seen whole teams die in the corner because of all the mix ups that can happen in the corner.

Maybe the incoming character can spend a meter to not come in, in the corner or something. or maybe they could even choose to drop down mid screen or something. The thing is during these extra entrances they can't attack while coming in.

Reactions: dead
does anyone besides me think that after a team member is KO'd the incoming character should be able to choose what side they come in on? I've seen whole teams die in the corner because of all the mix ups that can happen in the corner.

Maybe the incoming character can spend a meter to not come in, in the corner or something. or maybe they could even choose to drop down mid screen or something. The thing is during these extra entrances they can't attack while coming in.

No

Some Squigly suggestions.
1.Allow her to use lv1 if she has a lv2 charged
2.After lv2 Draugen Punch, auto HK Fallen Woman
3. Turn Liver Mortis into Blockhead Buster
4. Give her a Gun Blaze
5. If you have a level 2 charge, allow you to cancel into it from a lv1 of the opposite type(being a punch or kick) i.e. lv1 mortis cancel into lv2 Tremolo. Or lv1 Tremolo into lv2 Mortis.
6. Last hit of arpeggio lv 2 is a overhead

I like how that first suggestion is really good but the Arppegio lv2 Last hit is overhead, oh man

the assist is green, that's weird.

and because it you are linking it instead of chaining it. Done on purpose. I asked in vanilla 2 years ago
I hope you realize that every assist that causes a knockdown is a green bounce. Been that way for years.

Reactions: Armageddon11
Double jump assist lockout feels pretty lopsided in what characters/comps it affects, but I know it's a quick experiment and not trying to freak out.

~ obviously it's a non-issue for characters that don't have double jumps to begin with. For some that have really good air to air presence/options or ground to air threats like Para, it's really cool. Painwheel just straight up became the Daywalker; the characters that are usually able to empty double jump into her face to bait armor/button and DP assist her can't, but she can still fly around and call as much as she likes.

- really sucks for Val trying to navigate neutral, and a few corner dj starters/combos I used Updo/Bomber for. I mostly found that it was annoying because Val's one of the only double jump characters that doesn't have an immediate panic air-to-air button (Fukua jHK, Squigly jLK, Bella jLK/jMP). She's either had a plan and the right spacing going up with jHK and crosses, or she gets got. Assists were really useful for making them second guess their approach against DPs, or conditioning their timing/approach with horizontal coverage on the ground.

With the recent cross buffs, it's not too bad to TK H-Cross to protect Bomber calls in much the same capacity double jumping around would do, but it kind of sacrifices the "I could be double jumping to stay buoyant and airdash over/on-top of you as you come at me" prophylaxis she normally enjoys.

- Double gets a lot of mileage out of passively double jumping around in neutral and calling assists for various things depending on comp/assist structure, but at the same time I don't feel like it cripples her either. Losing the ability to countercall for part of her airtime sucks, but I feel like it just makes a passive/spacing character more passive and maybe more ground oriented.

~ not great for Fortune, but not the worst either given head control on the ground filling in some of the stage presence. I thought this would hit her harder than it seems to, but I guess the only thing she was ever really doing with her double jump was finding a way to get in on chars with less reliable ground-to-air options.

~ Fukuas gonna Fukua. I don't know that you can really keep this girl down.

+ The neatest thing by far is that now when I go for crossunder resets and someone double jumps out, they have no assist to mash on the way back/down. Although I have yet to play anyone that's tried it, I'd imagine it's the same for incomings.

All things considered, not a fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: KhaosMuffins
Is there a major reason for why Inquisitive Prescription/Countervenom can't be used as a dhc? To my knowledge it can't be used as a safe dhc. Is it because of its interaction with assists?

Also, can anyone tell me other supers that can't be used as a dhc, if i'm wrong thinking this is the only one.

I hope you realize that every assist that causes a knockdown is a green bounce. Been that way for years.

Carry/Conversions from Updo and the like would be pretty crazy.

Is there a major reason for why Inquisitive Prescription/Countervenom can't be used as a dhc? To my knowledge it can't be used as a safe dhc. Is it because of its interaction with assists?

Also, can anyone tell me other supers that can't be used as a dhc, if i'm wrong thinking this is the only one.
there's peacocks lv3

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I like what it accomplishes in some sense. It removes the most boring part of this game which is all of the jumping around waiting for an assist confirm.

That said, I have a feeling that Hilary is right and that it affects some comps way, way too much. It is a huge passive buff to Peacock in some match-ups and a massive nerf to Squig, Double, Val.

Of course, with recent nerfs to Peacock and buffs to Double/Val, it might be a wash? Maybe not for Double... but Val's definitely sitting pretty in beta.

I like what it accomplishes in some sense. It removes the most boring part of this game which is all of the jumping around waiting for an assist confirm.

If I said the most boring part of this game is waiting for a painwheel player to stop upbacking and flying upback while waiting for a jMP to present itself, you'd probably say "yeah but that's spacing and thinking and fun", which is probably what I'll end up saying about the double jumping around and calling/confirming assists. :)

That said, I have a feeling that Hilary is right and that it affects some comps way, way too much. It is a huge passive buff to Peacock in some match-ups and a massive nerf to Squig, Double, Val.

Of course, with recent nerfs to Peacock and buffs to Double/Val, it might be a wash? Maybe not for Double... but Val's definitely sitting pretty in beta.

Not a wash at all imo. Val's crosses and bypass are cool, but I don't think they're that cool. Double's definitely worse off for it, but I kind of don't mind because it doesn't really mess with her be-an-elusive-little-shit-and-call-updos/butts ~*identity*~ like it does with Val.

Can't really comment on Peacock, since I have like zero interactions with or against her.

I really want a 4f input buffer during the recovery of a successful air bypass.
I want to be able to jump, use H shuriken + right stick assist without using scalpels coming out.
I want Val's tag in to crossup when you're being cornered, but only with the right conditions (aka using a vacuum move like bella's c.mk or fukua's c.mk xx tag in).

we can't have everything we want, tho.

If I said the most boring part of this game is waiting for a painwheel player to stop upbacking and flying upback while waiting for a jMP to present itself, you'd probably say "yeah but that's spacing and thinking and fun", which is probably what I'll end up saying about the double jumping around and calling/confirming assists. :)

No, I'd say that is boring as well. I don't love playing super lame with PW either, but the reason for it is 2-fold...

1. Assist calls are strong enough and scary enough that if you aren't playing semi-lame, you're taking risks. They provide a lot of reward for only a little risk in most cases (which is why jumping around and calling them on CD is so effective).

2. It is a habit I picked up playing solo PW who can't afford to do too much that's risky at neutral. So though I don't love it, I'm a better defensive player than an offensive one (It is a problem that has seeped into all of the fighters I play!).

Plus, given the amount of room covered by BE/Updo/FU, the real positioning comes from not getting touched by it and having to bait it out (BE can put you into blockstun from just shy of half-screen) while punishing with your own assist call since in most cases trying to punish with point is risky as hell.

But of course, this is all simply opinion. I just find the "play lame, bait, go in, back off, repeat" game a tad boring the umpteenth time it happens.

Reactions: Sydoh
Namely, since SDE.

Some Squigly suggestions.
????????? Is this a Troll Post

+ The neatest thing by far is that now when I go for crossunder resets and someone double jumps out, they have no assist to mash on the way back/down. Although I have yet to play anyone that's tried it, I'd imagine it's the same for incomings.
You are considered to be in SJ state on incoming / after being reset in the air.. since Vanilla
As such, Assistcalls after DJ on incoming / out of air resets have not been possible ever.

Reactions: Beamsprouts
The double jump assist change makes every single non-vs-peacock matchup more fun since there is more incentive to not just doublejump turtle call assist brainlessly, and instead interact with and bait your opponent in dangereous footsie ranges.

@MegamanDS http://www.sirlin.net/posts/podcast-sirlin-on-game-design
You guys keep confusing "having fun" with "point of the game is to win". I will fight against every brain-dead double jump turtling calling assist all day and enjoy playing against them showing them that I know how to counter that tactic..

EDIT: Keep in mind I have FUN playing against turtles running away calling assist so the game is still fun. But this new test TAKES AWAY tactics used in versus games.

Reactions: d3v
Namely, since SDE.

????????? Is this a Troll Post

You are considered to be in SJ state on incoming / after being reset in the air.. since Vanilla
As such, Assistcalls after DJ on incoming / out of air resets have not been possible ever.
Welp

Still of the opinion that projectile invulnerable HP Hurting Hurl gives Beowulf what should be a privilege (c.HK) for free. It's not the biggest deal in the world, but from my experience as long as Beowulf can find a super jump that doesn't get stuffed by plane or Parasoul [4]6MP Wulf Blitzer lets him go full screen (or at least he gets to be in j.HP range/force backdashes) and it's an extremely awkward move to anti-air.

I don't think he SHOULDN'T get c.HK for zoning matchups, it just seems like he gets it for free when he already has a good tool. It'd be nice if he had to work for it a little bit and pick a moment instead of getting to just go through a bullet and make zoners block the fullscreen chair.

No one else seems to agree, though, so maybe I'm just a salty Peacock main.

The only issue I have with HP Hurting Hurl is the assist. Damn that thing is so good. Maybe competing with Beat Extend and Updo for the best invincible assist. Not much horizontal range but the vertical space it covers is huge.

Then again, I haven't had a lot of matchup experience against Beo yet so its hard to be sure.

I don't really think its all that big of a deal against zoning since Beowulf takes hella chip damage without his Chair equipped, I don't play Peacock though.

I don't really think its all that big of a deal against zoning since Beowulf takes hella chip damage without his Chair equipped, I don't play Peacock though.
He does take a bit more chip, but it's really tricky since it's hard to throw bombs in the first place. And though Argus does just under 3K in chip alone when he is chairless, as long as Beo has a bar you can't really ever Argus against him. Point is he takes more chip sure, but it's still much more advantageous for him than Peacock to throw that chair the first moment he gets.

Reactions: Beamsprouts
Even without meter, Argus chipping him isn't a thing because he can super jump > Wulf Blitzer for a punish lol

Not that that's different from any other character since everyone has a way to make random Arguses not safe/unrewarding, but it is still a thing

Even without meter, Argus chipping him isn't a thing because he can super jump > Wulf Blitzer for a punish lol

Not that that's different from any other character since everyone has a way to make random Arguses not safe/unrewarding, but it is still a thing

SOID -> Argus exists you know.
He does take a bit more chip, but it's really tricky since it's hard to throw bombs in the first place. And though Argus does just under 3K in chip alone when he is chairless, as long as Beo has a bar you can't really ever Argus against him. Point is he takes more chip sure, but it's still much more advantageous for him than Peacock to throw that chair the first moment he gets.

I'll check later, but I'm pretty sure I can't arm if a george is in the way at a lot of ranges.

I don't think I really like the double jump putting you in a super jump state, thought it would be cool but it feels confusing to me.

Isa my suggestions aren't a troll post. Ridiculous? Maybe.
1. Wouldn't want to waste a lv2 on cord to continue a confirm.
2. Stolen from Holy Order Sol. Would add a nice mix up to her game.
3. From HOS again. Just try something out. Don't think it would be hard to try.
4. Ok. Ridiculous /borderline troll.
5. Try it out. Maybe it would be ok.
6.if 1 is added, it would add a nice mixup.

1. Wouldn't want to waste a lv2 on cord to continue a confirm.
This is something you will just have to deal with when you play.
If you want your charge back that badly, you can get a full charge during Daisy Pusher.

2.After lv2 Draugen Punch, auto HK Fallen Woman
2. Stolen from Holy Order Sol. Would add a nice mix up to her game.
Then she gets free mid screen conversions from her DP without spending bar or having a set up before hand.
That's a pretty big buff, and it's already a pretty good DP.
Also the mixup, isn't good mix up, every player would just block high after DP.

3. From HOS again. Just try something out. Don't think it would be hard to try.
I don't think we need to change moves around.
Liver Mortis already does what Liver Mortis does.
We don't need things to be like other things just because it's 'worth a try'

4. Ok. Ridiculous /borderline troll.

5. Try it out. Maybe it would be ok.
Then she just gets level 2 of everything, ever.
If she wants level 2 Silver Cord she just does level 1 sing then cancel, what would be the point of charging anything besides DP?
I dont think it would be 'ok'

6.if 1 is added, it would add a nice mixup.
No, the last hit of Arpeggio takes forever to come out if you're blocking it. Hitstop on the blockstun slows it right down.
There's no need to make hits high and low if it won't be actual fast mix up that can used.

Reactions: mcpeanuts