• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

It's mostly just him screaming half the time when he does j.MP and yelling Sweet with s.HK, two moves he does in a row in a lot of his combos :^)
Maybe I'll get used to it, and it's not like the lines are bad again just... Think they're loud. I'm being picky.

so he's worse than fortune in terms of annoying?

tail spin fiber up hup hya axe claw tail spin fiber up hup hya axe claw wheel of fortune fiber up hup hya axe claw ha hap hup

thank goodness I don't play with sound

I just want to say that Beowulf's cannon AROOS are pretty much perect.

I don't get the "SWEEET" line but most of his lines actually sound pretty much fine to me.

There is a slight popping on one of the "pipe bomb" lines, but I think that is intended as a raspy version of the line?

I like how he sort of screams and yells as he fights, for most characters I don't like it, but I think it actually makes sense for Beowulf, being a performer after all.

Well, as long as other characters are getting fixes in this direction, there are some frames in the middle of Squigly's cr.HP where Silver Cord won't combo.

Maybe that can't be fixed because it will bring back that 1-frame burst safe cr.HP infinite but I figured I'd mention it.

Last edited:
Reactions: fenster
I'm at work and can't test. Do the individual hits of her c.hp have different amounts of hit stun?

I'm at work and can't test. Do the individual hits of her c.hp have different amounts of hit stun?

No they're all the same, but cr.HP has barely enough hitstun for it to combo into silver cord and each hit has a 5f gap in between so there are gaps in between the hits where Silver Cord won't combo.

I'm used to it now but back when I first started playing Squigly I'd drop that part of the combo all the time.

Well, as long as other characters are getting fixes in this direction, there are some frames in the middle of Squigly's cr.HP where Silver Cord won't combo.

Maybe that can't be fixed because it will bring back that 1-frame burst safe cr.HP infinite but I figured I'd mention it.

I thought that the cHP infinite was fixed with changing the pushback on the move?

In any case, I very much agree that I'd like to see both cHP and fHP on squiggly get some slightly more hitstun to make it easier to silver cord after them, assuming they didn't break anything. It isn't super hard to change your timing but it's just tight enough that it's more annoying than it probably should be.

Today's Patch Notes BGM™ is my favorite song from a game I spent waaaaaay too much time playing as a kid:
1.jpg

YouTube™ Video: Super R-Type - As Wet as a Fish (sound remastered)
Views: 5,353
Super R-Type SNES As Wet as a Fish

Seriously, this is SO GOOD! Why is there no OC Remix of this? I can just imagine it being performed by a smooth jazz ensemble...

General
- Re-ordered all the stages! As long as we're breaking your muscle memory for character placement, might as well get this over with too. :^) Thanks render.
- Mini characters on character select no longer will randomly draw on top of button config. Thanks Guitalex!
- Music fadeout during the pre-fight loading screen now also fades out and stops non-fight sounds, like the applause in Eliza's story mode.
- Music fadeout delay is skipped during Play Again loading the next level, previously it was adding 0.5sec of delay each time for no reason since the music is already stopped.
- Updated Infinity Breakers tutorial.
- Fixed Wulfamania section of Beowulf tutorial. Thanks render!

Beowulf
- More sound work! And he no longer howls forever when leaving after assisting. :^) Thanks Vince!
- Backward walk speed after being tagged out increases the longer he walks.
- Correct blockstun on c.MK (was hitstun+3f, WTH). Still a blockstring to s.HP and s.HK, no longer a blockstring to chairless c.HP and c.HK.
- Moonsault will not trigger the final hit if the round is over. No Stalin here, tovarisch. (hee hee)
- Placed chair now flashes briefly before it becomes available for use again.
- Chair does not dim if Beowulf is dead when he is a solo.
- 3rd hit of Wulf Blitzer also has correct blockstun, lowest possible D/DF version is now +0 like middle hits. Thanks Tomo009 for pointing out I missed this.
Double
- Increased hitstun on j.MK(1) by +6f so there are no frames in the middle where j.HP will not combo. The original hitstun value was wrong anyway, it was 18f and should have been 22f like Val's. This also makes s.HK /\ j.MK(1) j.HK, Barrel, much easier. Heh. Thanks Izzmo! See NOTE, below.
Fukua
- BFFs now doesn't step forward when done as a DHC. Thanks yaboidekillsage.
Painwheel
- s.MK now has correct blockstun for middle hits.
- Increased hitstun on c.MP by +2f, s.MK by +1f so there are no frames in the middle where c.HK will not combo. Blockstun on c.MP unchanged. Thanks Izzmo! See NOTE, below.
RoboFortune
- Added HUD portrait! Thanks Brian!
Valentine
- Increase hitstun on j.MP all hits by +2f, j.MK first hit by +4f, so there are no frames in the middle where j.HP will not combo. Thanks Izzmo! See NOTE, below.

***NOTE: Yes, there are a lot of other moves like this for many characters, but the gaps are too big for me to fix without drastically changing the hitstun, so most are not going to be fixed. If it is 1 or 2f I will generally fix them, if you tell me where.

I play with sound off but after watching Sage stream today I'm not sure I like Beo's voice either. Maybe it just takes some warming up.

Kai I love you please don't hate me ;-;

Today's Patch Notes BGM™ is my favorite song from a game I spent waaaaaay too much time playing as a kid:

Seriously, this is SO GOOD! Why is there no OC Remix of this? I can just imagine it being performed by a smooth jazz ensemble...

General

- Re-ordered all the stages! As long as we're breaking your muscle memory for character placement, might as well get this over with too. :^) Thanks render.
- Mini characters on character select no longer will randomly draw on top of button config. Thanks Guitalex!
- Music fadeout during the pre-fight loading screen now also fades out and stops non-fight sounds, like the applause in Eliza's story mode. But you can't play story in the Beta anyway so you won't notice yet. Heh.
- Music fadeout delay is skipped during Play Again loading the next level, previously it was adding 0.5sec of delay each time for no reason since the music is already stopped.
- Updated Infinity Breakers tutorial.
- Fixed Wulfamania section of Beowulf tutorial. Thanks render!

Beowulf
- More sound work! And he no longer howls forever when leaving after assisting. :^) Thanks Vince!
- Backward walk speed after being tagged out increases the longer he walks.
- Correct blockstun on c.MK (was hitstun+3f, WTH). Still a blockstring to s.HP and s.HK, no longer a blockstring to chairless c.HP and c.HK.
- Moonsault will not trigger the final hit if the round is over. No Stalin here, tovarisch. (hee hee)
- Placed chair now flashes briefly before it becomes available for use again.
- Chair does not dim if Beowulf is dead when he is a solo.
- 3rd hit of Wulf Blitzer also has correct blockstun, lowest possible D/DF version is now +0 like middle hits. Thanks Tomo009 for pointing out I missed this.
Double
- Increased hitstun on j.MK(1) by +6f so there are no frames in the middle where j.HP will not combo. The original hitstun value was wrong anyway, it was 18f and should have been 22f like Val's. This also makes s.HK /\ j.MK(1) j.HK, Barrel, much easier. Heh. Thanks Izzmo! See NOTE, below.
Fukua
- BFFs now doesn't step forward when done as a DHC. Thanks yaboidekillsage.
Painwheel
- s.MK now has correct blockstun for middle hits.
- Increased hitstun on c.MP by +2f, s.MK by +1f so there are no frames in the middle where c.HK will not combo. Blockstun on c.MP unchanged. Thanks Izzmo! See NOTE, below.
RoboFortune
- Added HUD portrait! Thanks Brian!
Valentine
- Increase hitstun on j.MP all hits by +2f, j.MK first hit by +4f, so there are no frames in the middle where j.HP will not combo. Thanks Izzmo! See NOTE, below.

***NOTE: Yes, there are a lot of other moves like this for many characters, but the gaps are too big for me to fix without drastically changing the hitstun, so most are not going to be fixed. If it is 1 or 2f I will generally fix them, if you tell me where.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/detail/208629194180722723

Reactions: PandaGirlBingo
Time to see if Mike have enough influence over the masses. Let's wait for that R-type remix!

Wooooowww that 2MK nerf is massive.

I can see that being a blockstring into chairless normals was dumb, was nice to have something good to chain into after a light though.

Probably just use 5MP as a hitconfirm now... lol

Remember when you were complaining about 2MP not having a use?

Now it does.

Reactions: Cadenza
If we're talking about things that don't combo, is there a reason why Double cr. LP cr. Mk doesn't combo at all, or cr LP st hk. There have been plenty of times where I try to combo cr LP st Mk but get cr Mk instead. The only reason I could see why is for a meaty cr Mk? but that just seems odd to me. Idk

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
I didn't complain about 2MP not having a use? Also it is -6... 2MK and 5MP are still -2

]MP[ is -1 even

Uhm... is it normal that when I do chairless s.HP I can headbutt/kick twice as it should be but do it 4 times when I do LPLK?

Grab Mode gives you different number of actions depending on what led you into Grab mode, it's intentional

standard grab gives you 4 <4 normals/3 normals+1 finish>
Chairless-sHP and cMK gives you 2 <2 normals/1 normal+one finish>
QF+throw command grab gives you 5 <5 normals/4 normals+one finish>
and Chairless-jHP gives you 1 <1 air-OK finish>

As for Blockbusters:
QBKK gives you 1 action <2 with a stock of Crowd Hype, totals being 1 finish+1 normal or finish>

360+throw gives you 5 <5 normals/4 normals+1 finisher - can add an additional finish in place of a normal for each stock of Crowd Hype, the total being 1 normal+4 finishes>

Last edited:
Reactions: dekillsage
I forgot to mention that LPLK is also chairless.
still yes. because it's a normal grab with or with out the chair. the Hit Grabs are the ones you should be keeping track of. as Tech has listed.

So is there a final verdict on the double jump change? I just want to know if I should start properly adjusting to it or not

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
It still strings into s.HP and HK.

I'm aware of that, I was talking about using it as a confirm. I just liked how I could confirm with something that left me +ve.
If that wasn't something he was meant to have I just have to adapt obviously.

is anyone else having a problem with recording the dummy in training mode? Save states work but When i try to record the dummy nothing happens.

is anyone else having a problem with recording the dummy in training mode? Save states work but When i try to record the dummy nothing happens.
Every time someone asks this it's because they left it set to random playback or something

Anyone have a solution for that mistake?
I can't make it not be on "Random" when you select "playback or record" because playback is fine, I mean I could make an X when you try to record or something but that's still not as informative as I'd like...?

So how we looking on beowulf put into testingg
So far stuff works.

Just have it record #1 when it's set to Random. Or better, record the lowest number with no current recording, so you can rapid fire all 3 recordings and be ready for playback.

Just have it record #1 when it's set to Random. Or better, record the lowest number with no current recording, so you can rapid fire all 3 recordings and be ready for playback.
That last thing seems like it would confuse the hell out of people, but the first one seems like a decent idea. We'll try that. Since Random only plays back recordings that exist.

Squigly
- Inferno of Leviathan opponent tracking vs standing/crouching opponents improved
I hate you so much.

Reactions: zarkingphoton
I'm not seeing enough Squigly around, so the more buff for her the better! Beside, the whole point of this super is that it's hard to avoid!

I'm not seeing enough Squigly around, so the more buff for her the better! Beside, the whole point of this super is that it's hard to avoid!
I'm just sad this combo and all the ones I had crafted doesn't work anymore :
I'm sad that I'll never get to make the gemology combo video.

you can't use retail version for that?

you can't use retail version for that?
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
retail version loses hits over time.
I can do 2 reflects followed with a normal combo for sure.
But it's not the same fun as deflecting 8 times in one combo, or doing 11 dynamos in one combo, or annihilating 5 hits of the beta lvl3 in a single deflect.

Holy shit, that is awesome.