• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Interestingly, headless fortune still recovers health while you are hitting her head, since she's not in hitstun during it. Might not be an issue.

Interestingly, headless fortune still recovers health while you are hitting her head, since she's not in hitstun during it. Might not be an issue.
let's not nerf headless fortune even more. she still takes damage overall, so it's ok.

Reactions: FuLLBLeeD
if you used J.lk ->j.HK would it still cross up?
Even though you will be behind your opponent during the j.hk, it will overlap j.lk's blockstun, so it is not a crossup.

I have not tried delaying the j.hk though.

My personal solution was, "Just hold up so even if I get hit they can't do as much." And now that's even more "viable"!
If Filias opponent is neutral jumping for no reason (or simply holding up-back) that's something she should be punishing instead of going for the regular stuff
If anything, this should be easier to deal with than an opponent that's trying to block or reversal, if the Filia player is simply willing to pay attention.

Is it just me or does this J.HK change make it even more ambiguous? Getting the old and new version is a difference of just delaying the J.HK by a little bit. As someone said before as well, you can also IAD a super jump and still get the old version, though that will probably change.

it does make her lows better so like, its not the end of the world but I know as a Filia player you want to play as braindead as possible once you've won neutral
Why would you think this? Filia's pressure game is incredibly volatile and she has to consciously open up opponents. This is like saying that Peacock wants to play braindead once she reaches fullscreen.

I've wished that forever regardless of the color.

Why would you think this? Filia's pressure game is incredibly volatile and she has to consciously open up opponents. This is like saying that Peacock wants to play braindead once she reaches fullscreen.

lmao filia dash jumping hk or iad j.lk j.hk into vortex isn't braindead easy and safe when you have an assist backing you up? mmmmm I dunno

sooo overall how do people feel about the j hk change first impression wise?

some people like dekill feel its somewhat justified.

some people like jem says that the iad j hk is the part that really hurts, which i understand why.

any other stands on it?

- Filia's j.HK is harder/impossible to get an ambiguous crossup with by dash-jumping forward, and causes techable knockdown if not chained into. Should not affect combos or most other uses of j.HK except trying for crossups.

I'm at work, and can't test but does does this break combos where jHK is the first hit of a chain, i.e. sHP jHK adc jLK jMP jHK or are those still okay?

Dash jump j.HK was too good. SJ IAD j.HK still works so ultimately it's whatever. Unless Mike forgot to address that. Please tell me it wasn't an accident.

I'm at work, and can't test but does does this break combos where jHK is the first hit of a chain, i.e. sHP jHK adc jLK jMP jHK or are those still okay?
Those combos still work fine.

Reactions: Hilary
That sort of is what I want, though

- Filia's Ringlet Spike won't go offscreen in the corner, and is +/-0 on block instead of negative. Startup is still slow.

can we talk about how hot it is that Carmine Filia invite to hell ringlet shenanigans are gonna be way more accessible on hit and even on block

let's not nerf headless fortune even more. she still takes damage overall, so it's ok.

Yes please. You already lose more than most characters when you get hit with point headless Fortune by a double snap because you're not really regenerating red health, there's already a lot of risk involved with taking off the head.

the problem with j.hk being techable is that everyone will just jump and take the j.hk and tech away. hell I do that now where its not techable to throw some of the filia's off of their confirms but eh

it does make her lows better so like, its not the end of the world but I know as a Filia player you want to play as braindead as possible once you've won neutral
Uh this happens with every other character. Filia's just the fastest, so why take away what makes her good. Last time I checked most people don't consider her broken. No other normal can be used as an instant overhead (at least not as effectively), and let's not forget she's not alone in a having a normal that people love to overuse

Uh this happens with every other character. Filia's just the fastest, so why take away what makes her good. Last time I checked most people don't consider her broken. No other normal can be used as an instant overhead (at least not as effectively), and let's not forget she's not alone in a having a normal that people love to overuse
BB clarinet is as fast or faster iirc

because in addition to having an instant overhead she can make it cross up ambiguously

Filia is the only character I know who nobody believes is near the best in the game, yet receives nerfs consistently.

Reactions: dead

Filias j.hk can be done as a crossup or non crossup, has all the benefits of a fuzzy guard high without needing to fuzzy first, is extremely safe, can be confirmed in one hit, and avoids certain reversals along with being extremely fast and being doable at places where filia can do other mixups that are nearly as hard to block... And last but not least, filia is extremely hard to pushblock correctly and ends up getting 2-3 mixup opportunities in a row, almost as a rule, and her j.hk has a lot to do with that.

When combined with other tools that she has in the neutral game, this becomes rather good with things against painwheel like run into dash jump j.hp xx airdash j.hp which covers like the entire screen in high priority anti airs.

So the craziness of her j.hk is kind of a kick in the teeth with her also having all the other great stuff she has.

Filia is the only character I know who nobody believes is near the best in the game, yet receives nerfs consistently.

this has happened to peacock and painwheel in the past so like rip hold these e x p e r i m e n t a l nerfs

the solo buff made me feel like a fraud.
50% more comeback opportunities guaranteed.
25% more undeserved victories.
yay?...

When combined with other tools that she has in the neutral game, this becomes rather good with things against painwheel like run into dash jump j.hp xx airdash j.hp which covers like the entire screen in high priority anti airs.
okay, this is just a straight up lie.

Skullgirls is a balanced game.

That means everyone gets nerfed sometimes.

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to running into even more mashy Bigbands, who guess right once and kill two characters with an SSJ

Very fun to play against

I could tell you to be more careful with your offense and assist calls against the most reversal-havingest character in the game, but instead

YKiNksl.gif

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to running into even more mashy Bigbands, who guess right once and kill two characters with an SSJ

Very fun to play against

Maybe we can try an IsaVulpes beta experiment where the game doesn't boot. That way you can finally enjoy it.

Maybe we can try an IsaVulpes beta experiment where the game doesn't boot. That way you can finally enjoy it.
This has actually been the case for the past 2 months or something, so no worries I'm pretty stoked atm

I could tell you to be more careful with your offense and assist calls against the most reversal-havingest character in the game, but instead
I don't think you get what I'm saying
But carry on!

personally do not know about this change after playing a few matches.

at one point i did try SJ j hk reset but the timing to convert is wonky.

In my limited opinion, i feel as though filia has become more linear. people don't have to think about where to block because of the jumping animations and when you go low if the opponent blocks then they pushblock you out easy.

the throws are there, sure. but you're forced to spend meter to cause fear of someone throwing you. which they really are not concerned with in the meantime because as you spend meter you're forced to reset with filia.

The best part is that you can just jump to avoid the whole mess together and tech anyway you want and filia can't do much with it since she's got stubby normals.

BTW the iad j hk stays at apex height and timing gets a little wonky(prolly only to me so disregard it).
TLDR: Can filia's iad j hk allow crossup ever again?

okay, this is just a straight up lie.
Nope, my friend uses it against me and i checked its range in training mode.

You can run for the entire screen... So there's that. You can do a late j.hp after the run and do a late j.hp after the airdash and cover the entire screen.

The pattern becomes looser the more range you give it, but its still there and covers about 3/4 of the screen maybe slightly less, tightly.

It would be pretty cool if you could play a character that didnt make it in the game on a certain day for a certain amount of time. @DDB would like to play Annie. But Lab zero SHOULD ignore this post and continue working on Beowulf.
Yeah, it would be pretty cool if L0 spent $300000 (that just materialized from thin air) on creating a character which a single person could use for one day

Reactions: DDB and Arcana
Filias j.hk can be done as a crossup or non crossup, has all the benefits of a fuzzy guard high without needing to fuzzy first, is extremely safe, can be confirmed in one hit, and avoids certain reversals along with being extremely fast and being doable at places where filia can do other mixups that are nearly as hard to block... And last but not least, filia is extremely hard to pushblock correctly and ends up getting 2-3 mixup opportunities in a row, almost as a rule, and her j.hk has a lot to do with that.

So the craziness of her j.hk is kind of a kick in the teeth with her also having all the other great stuff she has.
This sounds alot like you don't think it's ok for the fast in your face character to have fast 50/50s, and be able to do them again if her opponent defends incorrectly. This is weird when she is now more likely to be baited due to gregor changes, and she has a harder time staying in than most people think.