• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

There hasn't been any beta change to LnL as far as I can tell.

On a side note - Why doesn't Kanchou trigger the crossup-spark thing in training mode? Maybe because its too slow?

There hasn't been any beta change to LnL as far as I can tell.

On a side note - Why doesn't Kanchou trigger the crossup-spark thing in training mode? Maybe because its too slow?
The crossup spark only shows up if you hit while facing away from the opponent, which kanchou doesn't

Getting a counter hit means the opponent was hitting a button when they shouldn't have been. Who's fault is that?
thanks for the crash course.
@Jason simple. it records if your character facing forward yet crosses up. bella's kanchou moves her into facing the other side.
Edit: i will get back to it

@obregon i will take a look at it (the massive lag prolly messed me while i was tired) but i could've sworn i got hit with H LNL as i hit the opponent's point(an actual hit) then i get tagged .

Nerfing lnl damage? I guess I can't complain, it will still be a great neutral/defensive tool that is only -5 on block, which means punishable reliably only by bella 360 or diamond drop if close enough. And I'll still be able to be obnoxious against people who are trying to bait it by mixing strengths.

Go for it.

We should remove headless fortune's ghost head hurtbox while we're at it.
No
Ever wonder why headless Fortune is vulnerable above her neck?
No
Take that extra hurtbox from Squigly and give it to Fukua.
No
Fukua's c.MP [..] isn't even a good move to begin with.
No
So Nerfing LnL's damage? GOOOOOOO!
Why? No
now take that same exact thing EXCEPT whenever you get a CH combo that you did not deserve if someone hit the point and still got tagged with the assist. Which allows you to use H LNL AGAIN since it you didn't combo with it but rather converted off the hit.
?? No

I remember asking for Random Color Select a LONG time ago. Back in Vanilla days. Never thought it'd end up happening.

I remember asking for Random Color Select a LONG time ago. Back in Vanilla days. Never thought it'd end up happening.

i made a thread for it a couple of months ago and made sure i politely nudged mr z every now and then. im glad its in too now.

can you tell me though if it giives a random colour each time you rematch or does it just stay at the one colour the whole time? i dont have a PC to play skullgirls to test myself.

can you tell me though if it giives a random colour each time you rematch or does it just stay at the one colour the whole time?
Oh, that sucks. Looks like it's a one time random select, it doesn't change every match. Still cool though.

Oh, that sucks. Looks like it's a one time random select, it doesn't change every match. Still cool though.

cool, least now i know. i may have to prod a bit more and see if we can get random each time you start a match.

val buffs
woman-face-of-pleasure.jpg

OMW TO PICK UP BOOB BITCH.

(PBGC EASIER TO DO?) EFFFFF YALL TIME TO MASH HARDER THAN GOD"S HANDS MOLDING HUMANS

Could I maybe possibly sorta get something a bit more specific, and by a bit specific, I mean a lot more specific.

I will be doing things, and people will die. This has been a public safety announcement b...
who the hell cares bypass resets Oh my GAWD

Don't really like the Val or Filia changes.

Filia can keep her disjointed hitboxes, the only annoying thing about her was her 420 no scope mix ups, not her neutral.

And there was nothing wrong about Savage Bypass...

Salty Impressions:

Mike hates Final Atrium (Storymode-Only Stage ples?? It would be much better for immersion into the plot and things!!)

Fortune changes look fun

Double makes sense

Please make the "Show Input Display for both players" thing optional;
I don't need it and Advanced Attack Data already puts a lot of stuff on the screen.. especially the 2nd List seems mostly annoying to me -
It's good feature to have when you want to record something or have someone sitting next to you or w/e, but forcing it seems off.

IPS Data looks confusing at first glance and I sure don't need it, but it doesn't seem obstructing and I figure it's gonna help somebody, so.. good!

Pushblock change sounds good #DPAssistbuffs :>

Val fireballs uh.. dunno how that plays out
s.MK is good
s.MP is good

Bypass Change is really cool, hopefully Val combos aren't a gigantic snoozefest anymore
Please keep it by all means

Last edited:
I like vals buffs because they make sense for the character.

The new pbgc worries me though. If people think skullgirls is a mash fest currently... Wait till you get pbgcd into a level 3 easily... Like doubles or bellas or parasouls. This will be almost like an xfactor comeback mechanic imho especially for solos and duos... Its possible to do now... But it isnt easy at all and if you mess up you roll, but now, welp... Yeah. Also not really liking calling assists via pbgc while being totally safe in down back, but i dont know how this new pbgc works, and whether this new pbgc will combine with autoguard to basically make any kind of block extremely powerful cause of autoguard plus dp assist.

But I'm only speculating and could be wrong on all of this, or i might actually come to like these changes, should they stick... But my knee jerk reaction is... No, not going to like this.

But hey it will be fun killing peoples lockdown teams with level 3's and may be a very strong reason to consider duo.

I'm pretty sure making people more mash-happy just makes it like ten times easier to bait them out and punish. Not sure if that's entirely a bad thing.

Please make the "Show Input Display for both players" thing optional;
I don't need it and Advanced Attack Data already puts a lot of stuff on the screen
This.
I even started recording combos and techs with padlight to avoid having too much stuff on the screen.

Back