• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Any damage buff might be worth the decrease in hitstun/blockstun (I'll have to see in a match of course) and air fireballs not bouncing is going to really hit her zoning.

Why'd you make my anti air super not an anti air super kinda stressed about this

Reactions: dragonos451
Wow RIP fukua, these changes are pretty annoying I hope some of them dont get implimented

Can someone put up the hitbox of frame 1 in Retail vs Beta of Dynamo?

I don't have the time to record it and upload it, but it looked a lot smaller in training at slow speed.

That said, I'd be curious how it changes some MUs.

For PW, it still makes any x-up impossible, but the days of tumble x DD might be dead as a counter thresher seems to blow right through it (before you typically had to have reflexes of a god... or Elda.. and armor the first hit).

The Fukua changes didn't seem severe to me at all in training, but only matches will determine that. I honestly couldn't tell a difference in the hitstun/blockstun.

I don't have the time to record it and upload it, but it looked a lot smaller in training at slow speed.

That said, I'd be curious how it changes some MUs.

For PW, it still makes any x-up impossible, but the days of tumble x DD might be dead as a counter thresher seems to blow right through it (before you typically had to have reflexes of a god... or Elda.. and armor the first hit).

The Fukua changes didn't seem severe to me at all in training, but only matches will determine that. I honestly couldn't tell a difference in the hitstun/blockstun.
Fukua thread is saying some air fireball links in the air don't work.

Don't like the dynamo change no sir

What does it change? I didn't really get it. It's smaller?

this essientiallly changes fukua from the oki monster she was to a more......hmm i'll have to play some matches in beta. anyone willing play with me so i can see what these changes did to fukua?

the 4f to 8f cmd throw i'm not a fan of. maybe if it was 6f but w.e

the airfireball hitstun changes hurt but i suspect because people(like me) would fireball and land a hit into fireball super.

the AIRTHROW just...... man.... this hurts. and the change for fireball super easier confirm is just like mannn..

the bff change was obv understandable.

i'll hold my tongue on what i'm initially thinking and focus on getting more tech. and just when i was about done with the fukua guide LOL time to re-write!

I don't think it is going to knock someone out of the air if you read a jump over you.

And aren't the nerfs targeted at rushdown Fukua? Zoning Fukua got more damage. Rushdown Fukua got less blockstun to get in behind, right?

@Dreamepitaph

Did the 1 frame bit on her j.hk hurt at all?

Well you're not going to be able to anti-air anybody with an invincible air-super with Dynamo anymore. The 1st active frame will whiff and Filia will just Air-Gregor and beat Dynamo. That sucks.

Also you can't really Dynamo though SBO on reaction at most ranges anymore either, although I guess that's not a big deal, could just use deflector instead.

Edit: Oh also Fukua QCF+HK > QCB+KK doesn't work anymore, which kinda bugs me although I only play Fukua on the side.

Last edited:
What does it change? I didn't really get it. It's smaller?
It lost some invincibility and smaller hitbox on first active frame.

Edit: Oh also Fukua QCF+HK > QCB+KK doesn't work anymore, which kinda bugs me although I only play Fukua on the side.
HK Drill into BFF no longer combos? HK Drill should likely get more hitstun.

It lost some invincibility and smaller hitbox on first active frame.

Dumb.

What I don't get is that the hitbox change really only helps characters with invincible air supers. If you don't have something to mash and you committed to a button the 2nd active frame is going to hit you anyway.

So basically it helps Val, Filia, Painwheel, Fortune, Eliza and Big Band. I don't know that those characters really need help in the Bella matchup other than maybe Big Band, but he's so huge he's probably going to still get tagged by the smaller hitbox anyway.

So essentially Fukua got damage buffs (Fireballs 2x increase for hit and chips/Command Grab 10% increase) and more super flexibility (Air OK for Drill Super now/Air Throw can connect to fireball super easier) for the tradeoff of various increased start-ups, loss of no tech air-throw (I really liked this for the pressure benefits), decreased hit/block stun on fireballs (don't know how severe though) and weaker air fireball zoning game.

Yeah I have to say on paper she sounds like she was better off before. Might play around with her again to see how severely this hits her.

Bella got spanked.

I'm in favor of all Bella nerfs given that Bella is unequivocally the best character in the game based on tournament results. Also remove her ability to reflect projectiles (it's cheap)

Also if Fukua's fireballs are gonna do twice as much damage I'm gonna have a real hard time justifying not playing her, since that's all I ever do with Fukua anyways

Reactions: WarpedEcho
I'll be posting a video of my findings in the Fukua Combos thread once I finish recording them, but i feel it should be said early... Fukua's airthrow doesn't just combo into Blown Kiss easier, it now combos into an early-as-possible LP-Lovedart. She now has no-meter airthrow conversions off most heights for almost the entire cast!

Cerebella lands too early from her fallling animation for a meterless conversion from not-maxheight airthrow (BFFs works after cr.HP groundbounce), Big Band gets hit too early by the Love Dart for any non-maxheight followup, and you can still airthrow so extremely close to the ground that you get ground specials instead, for only a drill-to-super followup that doesn't work into BFFs anymore.

When's that raw tag gonna stop crossing up for no reason though

I don't know. It sucks (any nerf sucks), but will it affect her that much?

She has great ground-to-air and air-to-air... does she need to have the best anti-air super too? It still is one of the best mashed supers. It will still shut down every reset attempt (unless it is specifically baited). It still makes any cross-ups dangerous, and I don't see it losing much effectiveness except in one niche situation.

From the sound of it, it is only a nerf in so far as it is being normalized to respond like all of the other level 1s, right?

best anti air super was probably fenrir tbh
and ummm. Idk the change just sucks and wasn't necessary imo.

Reactions: yellowflash26
best anti air super was probably fenrir tbh
and ummm. Idk the change just sucks and wasn't necessary imo.

That's fair on both accounts, I just don't think it will be the end of the world if it goes through.

I only offer up buffs for my character... and whining. So much whining.

so i just tried it out with someone on my friend's list and i'm beginning to wonder whats the point in AIR drill?

like i literally found NO reason to even use air drill. when most enders use H Drill into drill super.

what's kills me is the hitstun on air fireballs. i could care less about fireballs not bouncing but the hitstun is just....well.

btw to the people that can covert with l fireball. what comes nexT? s mk > c hp > shadow?

tbh i'd rather have the hitstun back and no tech throw but w.e i'll be forced to adapt if this goes through

Fukua buffs... who read it that way? what?

She is getting nerfed heavily in this patch.

I don't like it, I feel most of the nerfs in this patch are out of nowhere, including the Cerebella one, despite the way it is worded.

i don't like the music, but at least i can change it to screamo or something =)

Reactions: b0nk
On the Pocolla effect. I like the visual effect, but I find sudden music changes to be jarring and annoying. Instead of completely removing the music changes because I'm sure some folks like it, how about we get an option for the music change? Can you do that @Mike_Z ? (Did I even need to tag you? Won't do it in the future, if not.)

BtQ0tGZCUAIyOno.png

Huh.

Reactions: ClarenceMage
Yeah it is a pretty massive change. I would think it should just not have the reverse hitbox (because that is infuriating).

I'm done mourning Fukua changes for now, at least until I see a post from Mike or have something of value to add.

It is a massive change but only in a tiny handful of situations. The giant arm-wavy hitbox comes out almost immediately after that dinky one... so I think it looks worse than it is.

Reactions: Mr. X
BtQ0tGZCUAIyOno.png

Huh.
Honestly, if that hitbox were moved higher (to match the far arm more), it would be less dumb when people jumped through it. Being able to duck it on the first frame would be pretty appropriate, too, considering how the move is actually hitting you (although the move visually could also be an overhead).

Honestly, if that hitbox were moved higher (to match the far arm more), it would be less dumb when people jumped through it. Being able to duck it on the first frame would be pretty appropriate, too, considering how the move is actually hitting you (although the move visually could also be an overhead).
Yeah, when I read the patch notes, that's what I thought the hitbox would've been changed to because of the way it looks.

awesome so now bella has 2 almost useless reversals instead of just one.