• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

for the record mike i'm a painwheel player and i'm ok with reverse dp motion contrary to popular belief :P

236KK or 421KK

Dislike the command changing to begin with, but if it does, reverse DP please.

@Mike_Z
Would you be willing to allow Big Band to jump out of noise cancel? Also I'm not sure if it is me but in training room I programmed cerebella to do c.lk > c.mk > c.hk. I was trying to block the first two attacks and parry the sweep but it just wasn't working. I can parry it outside the blockstring but couldn't seem to get it after blocking.

@Mike_Z
Would you be willing to allow Big Band to jump out of noise cancel? Also I'm not sure if it is me but in training room I programmed cerebella to do c.lk > c.mk > c.hk. I was trying to block the first two attacks and parry the sweep but it just wasn't working. I can parry it outside the blockstring but couldn't seem to get it after blocking.
This is called Red Parry and it was intentionally left out of SGE.

And why would you want to jump, just curious?

@Mike_Z
Oh yeah that's weird. I'll look at it.
And actually, yes.

@Broken Loose
c.MK->c.HK isn't a blockstring. If you hold straight down after blocking the c.MK you get hit. Be less jerky. :^)

Reactions: Flotilla
Hey, Val can link LBypass after a shot. Neat. Calling @Colossi @Fedora_Ninja @cloudKing211

@gllt Most important is that Val can link a 3/4 to 7/8 screen hp dead cross and convert on hit with hk bypass. The best part is that you can wait for the confirm to input bypass, and it will still combo :)

Reactions: Hilary and gllt
oops did I type c.mk? I meant c.mp but yea same thing its not a blockstring and I can parry the s.hp after c.mp/c.mk but It doesn't work for c.hk.

@Broken Loose
To be honest I wrote a note telling myself "ask mike about jump cancelable parry" and I can't remember why. It had something to do with cerebella or filia.

Be less jerky.
HoldingUpTheMirror.jpg

While we are at it lets make Diamond dynamo a reverse sonic boom.
okay but it'll also be changed so it's + on block

@dekillsage
As mentioned, you can still do the corner ball j.MK j.HP combo, just delay a bit before the j.HK.
Anything that no longer works with New Filia is pretty much not going to work anymore because it's a result of the fixes she needed.

(How 'bout New Fukua anyone...)

Hm I see.

What do you want to know about new fukua?

Edit: also I did have a question about something, but I want to test it again before I ask afk

Last edited:
funny ha ha
10/10, same to you. :^)

@Dreamepitaph @dekillsage
Yeah, Fukua had the exact same air position/extent box and jump height updates as Filia did, so if it breaks anything that I can fix I wanna know. People focused more on Filia because of IAD I guess but there's an equal chance SOMETHING got broken for Fukua. If nothing got broken then yay, but somehow I doubt that's true.

@Adeveis
Yeah...it's definitely weird that you can parry s.HP after blocking easily but can't parry c.HK even though c.HK has longer startup, even if you were only stand-blocking.

I'll do some extensive testing on Fukua and Tag you if anything is broken. same with filia. the matches i played i didn't have problems so far. but i'll pop into training mode and try stuff out from what i know.

So Cilia Slide > c.MP with Double misses on Filia/Fukua now, but you can do cilia slide > dash s.MP so it's not really a big deal.

Just putting that out there.

ummm. Okay I'll try all my combos and resets right now too then.

All the Fukua stuff I know works. If anything is off I don't think I'm going to notice it in training mode hm.
Also I answered my question with training mode testing so nvm about that lol
So Cilia Slide > c.MP with Double misses on Filia/Fukua now, but you can do cilia slide > dash s.MP so it's not really a big deal.

Doesn't/Never worked on parasoul either. Surprising since almost everything works on parasoul

oops did I type c.mk? I meant c.mp but yea same thing its not a blockstring and I can parry the s.hp after c.mp/c.mk but It doesn't work for c.hk.
Aha! Turns out you couldn't parry from preblock, block idle, or postblock. Which in 99% of cases didn't matter, but trying to down parry from a crouch block didn't exit the postblock animation so you couldn't do it. Fixed in new build. Thank you!

And we can try jump cancel parry anim, sure, you can already block so it isn't like it lets you upback new things.

Doesn't/Never worked on parasoul either. Surprising since almost everything works on parasoul

That's why I do dash cLK cMP cHP, it also bounces them stupid high and makes a sMK after flesh step dumb-easy, but it might be hard on Double.

Can't win!

On the characters c.MP misses on, c.LK/s.LK > c.HP > flesh step > s.MK works fine. On some it's easier if you dash before the LK too.

also c.mk, titan knuckle, misses filia if you do it too fast, now you have to delay the titan knuckle a bit

kinda irrelevant since i'm like the only who does this tho

Aha! Turns out you couldn't parry from preblock, block idle, or postblock. Which in 99% of cases didn't matter, but trying to down parry from a crouch block didn't exit the postblock animation so you couldn't do it. Fixed in new build. Thank you!

And we can try jump cancel parry anim, sure, you can already block so it isn't like it lets you upback new things.
That's great! Because I just discovered I can't parry fukua's L shadow after blocking either XD

Can we try the new Filia j.LK on j.LP? It's hard to hit people directly below you with j.LK with that new collision box, but it wouldn't affect j.LP since the hitbox is in front of her.

Can we try the new Filia j.LK on j.LP? It's hard to hit people directly below you with j.LK with that new collision box, but it wouldn't affect j.LP since the hitbox is in front of her.
Hard in what situation, random jumps?
IAD j.LP is much harder with buttons, so I wouldn't switch it around if that's what you're asking.
So I suggest approaching it as "j.LK won't hit people directly below you". :^P

I'd like to be able to use j.LK to hit people directly below me because it's the only not-j.HK normal that has a hitbox that can do that. j.HK stops your fall which you don't always want, and it's slower (and it's not even high in the beta).

So this is one thing I've known about and not sure if you'd want to address @Mike_Z . With Bella, cMK, sHK will only hit peacock with the second part of sHK on the opposite side. Don't know if you'd wanna fix a specific thing like that but it seems weird.

Last edited:
I think I saw this posted already by someone but I'm to lazy to find it. Filia corner combos that work in retail and don't work in beta without tweaking my timing.

Launch > j.hp > j.hk > H.airball > IAD > j.lp > j.hp > s.whatever. The j.hp doesn't come out because Filia lands. The same combo except ...IAD > j.mk(2hit) > j.hp > whatever. the j.hp again doesn't come out because Filia lands. If I delay my initial j.hp until Filia is higher I can complete the combo however they're no longer universal. Some opponents also fall out of H.airball but that is probably me starting the air chain to late.

Hope that helps shed light on anything unintentional.

RDP for install seems silly. Make it Flash Kick KK.
Painwheel having any kind of charge motion sounds interesting. And weird.

After watching tonight's stream and seeing Pinion Dash assist being used, now I have a thought that maybe she'd get a special move version of Pinion Dash back as a charge move instead of the old revving it up style.

You can also link Mk bypass from Hp poison against some characters if a normal pushed them away or you neutral jump, allowing the needle to travel longer and giving you more frame advantage.

iad jlp is good, pls don't change it.

Reactions: Cadenza
does parasoul's j.mp after launcher still randomly whiff on filia and fukua?

I've never had that whiff on them ever. Haven't tested it with the beta changes though.

I haven't had any issues so far with hitting Filia and Fukua with my Parasoul combos, so I think those cases are fine now.

does parasoul's j.mp after launcher still randomly whiff on filia and fukua?

Its not random, it whiffs if you're spaced too far away. You just read what distance you are during the launch and than do the J.LP LK MP stuff.

Reactions: Sydoh and alexpi