• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Fukua is fine lol. If you're really dropping her because of her nerfs even though they barely changed anything then welp.
The biggest change(for me) was hdrill -> fireball not causing a sliding knockdown, and no Fukua player seems to be complaining about that being gone??? I can still do everything else, and its only slightly slightly sliiightly worse. To the point where I didn't even notice Fukua's changes woah 2spooky 2crazy.
Everyone plays her differently. Which is a sign of good character design. The sliding knockdown didn't effect my gameplay all that much.

Suck it up and stop being shit at Skullgirls. If you think Fukua is unplayably bad now or some shit, YOU are unplayably bad.
Lol.

lol

if her neutral is gutted. I can deal with all of the nerfs except the recovery on her fireball.

Its not. Fireball is barely worse than it used to be, and the *good* zoning patterns you should be using are nearly unaffected (j.mp/hp fireball + call assist, land mk or lk clone)She even gets WAY more meter now! thats really good for Fukua, since she can be so meter hungry

That one nerf alone made all of her good match ups bad and her bad ones worse.

lmao okay. All of her bad matchups require you to NOT spam mindlessly and THINK about your actions. That is what these changes are doing to her

Last edited:
Reactions: Chip Blaster
I can't find a constructive way to respond to this so I'll just say, "What?" Please elaborate.
Can't ATM...at work

lol

Its not. Fireball is barely worse than it used to be, and the *good* zoning patterns you should be using are nearly unaffected (j.mp/hp fireball + call assist, land mk or lk clone)She even gets WAY more meter now! thats really good for Fukua, since she can be so meter hungry

lmao okay. All of her mad matchups require you to NOT spam mindlessly and THINK about your actions. That is what these changes are doing to her
......I never had meter problems with her.......and like I said earlier everyone plays her differently. I'm guessing some changes affect others differently. So in a a statement I made to mike earlier if he feels that the changes take the game in the right direction then it is what it is....and that I will have to learn another character.

.....i hate to be that guy i really do but @legendary j
Yes some people play fukua differently but they had the same mindset. From fighting you dozens of times as solo fukua, solo bella, solo squigly, solo filia and solo fortune. you did not have a clear clue of your own character.

By all means drop this character and search for some easier character that you can piggy bank off of but remember this.

K N O W Y O U R M A I N.

Oh yeah, did PW people ever like, talk about that? QCB, RDP, QCT, I don't care much...
The only problem I've ever had with the old input is that when trying to mash thresher and end up landing and getting Install instead. So I guess the new input is okay.

Oh yeah, did PW people ever like, talk about that? QCB, RDP, QCT, I don't care much...
i'm ok with reverse dp. i'm pretty much ok with anything that isn't qcf.kk

Reactions: Dime
still not a fan of Fukua fireball. I don't like the fact that I can't throw a fireball right after a fireball hits my opponent (blocked or not blocked) from a decent distance away. Slows down zoning which was a pinnacle part of her gameplay.

I need to see these Fukuas Japan was playing that can't be beat.

EDIT: maybe a solution, not sure if possible but what about if an air fireball hits from full screen, another air fireball can't be done until it comes back to you (exactly how it is now) but you can do a ground one before the air fireball comes back?

Last edited:
.....i hate to be that guy i really do but @legendary j
Yes some people play fukua differently but they had the same mindset. From fighting you dozens of times as solo fukua, solo bella, solo squigly, solo filia and solo fortune. you did not have a clear clue of your own character.

By all means drop this character and search for some easier character that you can piggy bank off of but remember this.

K N O W Y O U R M A I N.
Lmao.......when was this......whenever I fought you there was like 200+ ping and our matches were even. And on top of that you only fought me solo once and that was with cera.........

still not a fan of Fukua fireball. I don't like the fact that I can't throw a fireball right after a fireball hits my opponent (blocked or not blocked) from a decent distance away. Slows down zoning which was a pinnacle part of her gameplay.

I need to see these Fukuas Japan was playing that can't be beat.
I agree.....

Last edited by a moderator:
you only fought me solo once and that was with cera
tprspj.png

Also, what are you complaining about? The only major change was the sliding knockdown, and you said it didn't bother you.

stuff that is useless to me
i would correct you but it'd be better to make a video of what your fukua does, however that takes even more effort so i'll just point what you like to do and how you constantly get air grabbed.
Fukua:
ROUND START:
Up back fireball.
(did it hit?)
yes: More fireballs
No: more fireballs.

(oh shit what do i when the enemy is in front of my face?)
J's Fukua: MORE J HK
(did it whiff?)
J's fukua: fuck it fireball.

if that's wrong then i would IMPLORE you to a mirror match. provided i don't get bored with your usual zoning patterns.

Edit: our matches are even cause of you piggy bank on assist. Again i would welcome a good set, but you would say no due to "200+ ping". and how does my bella still mop your fukua when i touch it and call that even? LOL

i would correct you but it'd be better to make a video of what your fukua does, however that takes even more effort so i'll just point what you like to do and how you constantly get air grabbed.
Fukua:
ROUND START:
Up back fireball.
(did it hit?)
yes: More fireballs
No: more fireballs.

(oh shit what do i when the enemy is in front of my face?)
J's Fukua: MORE J HK
(did it whiff?)
J's fukua: fuck it fireball.

if that's wrong then i would IMPLORE you to a mirror match. provided i don't get bored with your usual zoning patterns.

Edit: our matches are even cause of you piggy bank on assist. Again i would welcome a good set, but you would say no due to "200+ ping". and how does my bella still mop your fukua when i touch it and call that even? LOL
You would correct me but you can't cause what you're saying isn't true. If you know our matches are even then your point of "you're clueless and you don't know what you're talking about" is invalid.

I have what is a probably bad idea, but one thing I never liked with Peacock is how often a character will drop out of the second part of argus during happy birthdays. Since the little bullets pass through Lenny now, would it be possible to have them pass through characters too? (Not counting egrets of course)

I have what is a probably bad idea, but one thing I never liked with Peacock is how often a character will drop out of the second part of argus during happy birthdays. Since the little bullets pass through Lenny now, would it be possible to have them pass through characters too? (Not counting egrets of course)

I dunno I feel like Peacock is already pretty good at punishing dumb assist calls.

If there was some way to ensure that the point character doesn't fall out of the middle of Argus though, that would be cool. If its going to drop people in the middle of the super it should at least drop the assist instead of the point so that you don't get punished.

You would correct me but you can't cause what you're saying isn't true. If you know our matches are even then your point of "you're clueless and you don't know what you're talking about" is invalid.

this is not " If better than you because" thread, this is Beta Updates Discussion, stay to the topic.

@Painwheel
QCB+KK, when we already tried it, meant you have exactly 1f to get the motion correct otherwise you're off the ground, and it can result in flycancel normals if you're really bad. Is that preferable to QCT having to know whether you're in the air or not?

That's not as easy as Lenny, unfortunately. Also since I can decide, I would go with the general definition of "solid" for other projectiles anyway, which is "point or assist or Egret". So...prolly not.

@legendary j
I don't care how GOOD you are, that's irrelevant to this entire conversation so EVERYONE quit ragging on each other about skeelz.
If you are complaining it hurt your style and your style was not "repeated air fireballs lets goooo" then I very much would like to see a match of you, win or lose, to see what style it affects that was not that.
If your style was that, then I am sorry but the two things being addressed are sliding knockdown and that. And if you have nothing else to do with the character once you can't do that, then you weren't using most of what she had before for zoning anyway (and I doubt you'd find much more success playing anyone else, heh).

@MegamanDS
I think that's kinda what DreamEpitaph said, but it nullifies the point of the cooldown, not to mention is confusing, so no. Try shadows. C'mon Dan, you don't even USE multiple fireballs that much.

Reactions: Wenzel and gllt
I figured it wouldn't that simple to change, but worth a shot.

Also I haven't been playing the beta too much as of late, have other Peacocks been missing her old airthrow or did they already get used to the new one? I seem to be having trouble reliably connecting off of it midscreen, makes me sadfaced.

Also I haven't been playing the beta too much as of late, have other Peacocks been missing her old airthrow or did they already get used to the new one? I seem to be having trouble reliably connecting off of it midscreen, makes me sadfaced.
Well I can still combo with it from anywhere with my assist so it hasn't been much of an issue on my end, but I don't like how you can "sorta" combo from it. You can but depending on height/character, it can be inconsistent, although I guess its better than not being able to combo off it at all.

What problem do the people who dislike reverse DP for Install have with said motion?
It's a bit slower/harder to do than QC, but to what degree does this matter?
Are you sure you don't just hate it because you're not used to it?

For the record, I don't play PW and I think the reasoning for changing the input was about as bad as it gets ("I blindly mash super like a madman and someitmes get a wrong input, Mike fix pls??"), but I also don't really see an issue in reverse DP?

A reverse DP is the same as a regular DP depending on the direction you are facing and vice versa

I'm guessing painwheels just aren't used to/don't want to do DP motions?

The biggest problem I'm having with it is just remembering that it was changed and I can't do j.LK to combo off it anymore. If I'm consciously like "oh I have to hit the button 1 to the right of this one" then I can usually do it.

Are you sure you don't just hate it because you're not used to it?

For the record, I don't play PW and I think the reasoning for changing the input was about as bad as it gets ("I blindly mash super like a madman and someitmes get a wrong input, Mike fix pls??"), but I also don't really see an issue in reverse DP?
Yeah its really just because i'm not used to it at all, and i don't see a real reason to change it.

reverse dp inputs are uncomfortable(for meeee). any reason in particular that its a reverse dp and not a normal dp input lol.

Reactions: Arcana
I'm fine with the reverse dp motion, though I'm not used to it yet either.

The reason for differentiating the inputs is because if you try to get a thresher close to the ground....there can be as little as a 1 frame difference between getting out the thresher in midair, or install on the ground. It didnt happen to me much at all but it did happen a few times and thusly made me more cautious about thresher use low to the ground in pressure reversal situations.

Also, it famously (amongst painwheel peeps) caused taluda to get an unwanted install in some tourny match i cant remember, but @Spencer probably will. All in all the only pw player i know of that adamantly dislikes the new input is domo. Not that there may not be others, but i havent heard from them, at least.

Reactions: Spencer
reverse dp inputs are uncomfortable(for meeee). any reason in particular that its a reverse dp and not a normal dp input lol.
How is a reverse DP any different from a normal DP?! What are you doing as Player 2?

E: I guess it matters if you are charging, but why would Painwheel be charging

For my money, QCB. I don't like the reverse DP motion. In either case, I would prefer a change from QCF.

My case for a new input:
Thresher if used at a specific height has a chance depending on if you fall to turn into HI which is hugely punishable, costs 2 meter, and has a cinematic which makes it infinitely reactable. To the best of my knowledge, it is the one Super that can get one super when you meant to get another.

It is relatively easy to bait. I actually have a specific reset I use against PWs in the corner if I suspect they are mashing out Thresher. Namely, if you cancel when they are right above the ground, if they were hoping to Thresher, they'll get HI and get crazy punished for it.

It has also come out in weird circumstances. I've tried to PBGC just above the ground from a Bella copter and through bad luck and more likely bad timing, I get HI instead of Thresher because I feel a bit while in block stun. Same thing happens with low Squig SBO.

It happens at all levels. If someone can dig up the Elda fight in the last WYL, it happened to him there. I remember chat blowing up with basically how dumb it was for him to HI at that moment when anyone who's played PW for 10 matches knows exactly what happened... he got HI when he meant to Thresher out.

Costing Elda his PW @ 25:50

So I guess contrary to Domo, I'm all for an input change, though I do hate the DP motion for it.

Ultimately it is L2P issue, so if it doesn't change, then whatever. But given my druthers, I'd rather relearn HI input than deal with HI when I wanted Thresher as the latter literally costs games on occasion.

@IsaVulpes
Even if we wanted to leave it as is for PW because she should be the only character in the game that gets super a when she wants super b, what about in cases where it isn't mashed. Like I said above, there are some close call PBGC issues with it as well. I'll see if I can't recreate one tonight (busy week at school).

How is a reverse DP any different from a normal DP?! What are you doing as Player 2?

E: I guess it matters if you are charging, but why would Painwheel be charging

I'll tell you what I'm not doing.
Inputing dp the direction my character is facing. And for painwheel specifically, if I want to do something like beur install or needles install I'd rather have the input be a normal dp instead of reverse, but that is just me.

edit: Also that thing that happened to taluda is actually really cool loool. He fast falled after hitting him and taluda landed early because of it and got install. ayyy

Last edited:
i think the reason for reverse DP motion instead of regular DP was because if it were regular DP, then technically you'd still be mashing QCF+KK (assuming you're mashing) and you'd still get a Hatred Install if you're too low to the ground.

my opinion is that it's fine either way, but personally I'd rather see it go back to the default inputs. Almost every time I get the Hatred Install instead of the Thresher, typically I know I'm extremely low to the ground and that I'm risking it, I've never felt robbed or that I was really deserving a Thresher when I got HI.

To summarize:
QCT overlaps with Thresher so you can screw up and get Install instead if you screw up. <- Initial 'problem'.
Regular DP overlaps with QCT if you are mashing, so it doesn't fix the initial problem. At that point it may as well be QCT again because I'd really rather PW not have a DP motion.
Reverse DP overlaps with fly but mashing is less of an issue in this case since you can prevent the super by using a single kick button instead of two.
Both reverse DP and QCB have the same 'problem' that you must hit the buttons on the exact same frame otherwise you will be off the ground for fly and not be able to get the super. I SORTA could fix this maybe.

My vote is for QCB since you can kinda look at Install as a super Fly (no attack attached to either) and Thresher as super Reaper, but then you I GUESS can screw up fly-K somehow too.

Install as a super Fly

I like QCB for install. And the term "super fly" should stick around more.

:PUN:

Reactions: Spencer and gllt