• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Maybe make it Trump Big Band's brass Knuckle XD

Why? Beowulf's massive armored 3/4ths-screen sweep already beats brass. His command grab beats brass. All of his hitgrabs beat brass. L Chair beats brass. Oh, and
Blocking beats brass

^^
confused. i swear you just contradicted yourself in those 2 posts.

Beowulf's super doesn't dhc well from Argus agony. A stray feather hits and makes the opponent recover before Beowulf. The worst part, since its peacock hitting the opponent, training mode won't tell me how unsafe it is. I do know it's punishable though.

Last edited:
Why?
2 choices
- Sing-SBO style blockable after the flash if you weren't doing anything, but hits pretty far out if you were doing something
or
- Dynamo style not blockable after the flash even if you were just standing around (at about 1/3 screen cuz big), but reactable further out.

He hasn't got a lot of other options at that range, so I prefer choice #1 because it makes him nicely different.
Since it's his only decent option at that range, don't do stupid things there.

?

Reactions: WarpedEcho
@Mike_Z

I have an idea about the install thing. And let me go on the record as having said that the old install doesnt bother me. But a new one that doesnt overlap with thresher is also a desirable, though not desperately wanted, outcome.

So my idea that has already probably been though of but seems to solve the "problem" is to change the thresher input. It could be changed to a few different things. It could be qcb +pp or qcb + kk and both of those options allow the old hatred install input to not be an overlapping move and thresher makes sense as either a punch or kick move... At least in my eyes.

Also, ive never formally asked for this from you but since I'm already requesting something that the community will probably call dumb, i may as well do as the average skullheart user does in any argument and double down on the "stupid":

The beta is to try out things. Experiment and whatnot. The beta is open to the public in order to get the publics thoughts about changes. I also assume that the beta is for the public to make suggestions, and since none of us are mind readers some/many of our suggestions may come off as stupid to you, the developer. I implore you however to think about this the way that you just stated in that other thread... Our suggestions be taken as that, mainly thinking out loud and seeing if any of it sticks with you. We, like you, cant know the complete and total ramifications of every nuuance of every suggestion we make. Many suggestions are simply dart throws. Tries to hit the bullseye, not 4 year thought and researched thesi'

Obviously so e suggestions are better than others and some or even many are outright dumb. But thats what a beta is for... Thinktank style, idea tosses... For every one hundred "ideas" one might actually be good... But thats one more good idea than if no one was suggesting anything at all.

Anyways i think ive conveyed that point. I wont be mad if you hate my suggestions. I only get mad when my suggestions are called stupid when they are only suggestions... They are only tries. They are think tank. I cant do more than think tank suggestions, ie research them since i cant make my own beta and test them out myself.

So anyways, my second "try" is:

currently painwheels pinion dash is very hard to control. It cant be called on the same frame with assists like other specials and even the level 1 version has to be charged via button hold for 60 frames. My "suggestions" are only that.. Suggestions... Also these are numbered, NONE OF THESE IS MEANT TO BE DONE IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OF THE OTHER NUMBERS :)

1. Reduce the charge time of pinion across the board to something a little more fair for each level of pinion.
2. Make pinion a qcb +p move and have the different punch strengths affect the level of the move. if that is for some reason seen to be to good, then balance pinion by reducing its range or damage (or both) across the board.
3. Make pinion a 1 button charge instead of a 2 button charge.
4. Make pinion a qcb +p move but make it charge more per level. So like level 1 would be no charge, low damage and low range, level would be a long charge, and more damage and range, level 2 would be in the middle.
5. (This one may be genius or it may be the dumbest shit ever... Idk probably really stupid) make pinion a D,D plus tag input. This way there will never be errant pinions from the DD input, and there imho should never be errant tags when trying to get pinions either and it shouldn't interfere with snaps either.

Let me apologize in advance if these suggestions boil your noodle or stress you out or are stupid in some way (i think at least a few of them have to be dumb since they are basically think tank style) but if any of these things are good and would make it in that would be really sweet if they dont break anything or are seen as buffs when painwheel doesnt really need any buffs at this point imho... I just want to try and please everyone with easier inputs on pinion, and threshers that dont overlap with other moves. Also remember i only make these suggestions because of the beta... Its there to try out things and stuff so I'm just trying to find some answers. Pls dont take this the wrong way and pls dont call me stupid. I really dont like it when people call me names :(

I don't really get annoyed at suggestions, moreso at the reactions to things.

IMO Thresher is super Reaper so it makes sense as QCT+KK.

As for Pinion, I was actually in the process of trying out (C)B,F+P. I don't think an immediately-doable motion is warranted given the wallbounce on the hard version.

D,D+tag no way, Cyclops had specials with the tag command and those are awful if you muck 'em up. Val's Lv5 is only with Tag because generally when you want to do it your teammates are dead.

Reactions: WarpedEcho and Dime
I don't think an immediately-doable motion is warranted given the wallbounce on the hard version..

Ah ok, this now makes sense as to why the pinion has always had some sort of charge on the level 2 and 3 versions. It sucks for me that the level 3 pinion, my tied for least favorite one along with level 2 pinion, gets my beloved level 1 pinion nerfed from its original immediately doable via DD, state. But lol, I'll live without it either way. Hopefully the charge pinion makes it in because that sounds like a great happy medium and also makes painwheel input mechanics more interesting with her having a charge move.

But if it doesnt make it in thats all good to. I mostly just wanted to make my suggestions and see why an immediately available motion wasnt ever considered. I now have my answer and it makes sense.

Thanks for taking the time out to answer my question and give feedback, I'll leave you alone now :)

Although I would like to make a minor suggestion @Mike_Z

Currently, Filia's c.MK will not connect properly after a certain range. This seems be because the 3rd hitbox sends the opponent outword and the 4th hitbox is noticeably smaller than all the other hitboxes, causing it to whiff sometimes. Can the hitbox on the 4th hit be extended out just a tiny bit to keep this from happening?

And to a lesser extent, it would be nice if c.MK got the Valentine MPx2 treatment and pulled the opponent down so the opponent doesn't randomly drop out of combos if it connects while they are airborn.

Want to bring this back up because I don't think I ever got a response for it @Mike_Z

2 choices
- Sing-SBO style blockable after the flash if you weren't doing anything, but hits pretty far out if you were doing something
or
- Dynamo style not blockable after the flash even if you were just standing around (at about 1/3 screen cuz big), but reactable further out.

He hasn't got a lot of other options at that range, so I prefer choice #1 because it makes him nicely different.
Since it's his only decent option at that range, don't do stupid things there.

?

Does the Sing-SBO style mean that even at point blank if you're doing nothing you can block it?

I don't really get annoyed at suggestions, moreso at the reactions to things.

IMO Thresher is super Reaper so it makes sense as QCT+KK.

As for Pinion, I was actually in the process of trying out (C)B,F+P. I don't think an immediately-doable motion is warranted given the wallbounce on the hard version.

D,D+tag no way, Cyclops had specials with the tag command and those are awful if you muck 'em up. Val's Lv5 is only with Tag because generally when you want to do it your teammates are dead.

What about an immediately available motion for level 1 with a mash for level 2 and 3?

I don't know why the original pinion was removed as I was pretty much just getting started as it was getting removed, but I do remember the mash felt pretty satisfying as if you were powering the move up.

In any case, I agree that the level 3 would need some kind of meaningful start-up because it would be lovely, lovely without it.

On pinions, I like a charge motion. It sounds like it could be useful and fun.

Carol has been staying at Lab 8 lately and Big Band probably has some good advice on charge moves. I like it when sorta-continuity shows up in patch notes.

Carol has been staying at Lab 8 lately and Big Band probably has some good advice on charge moves. I like it when sorta-continuity shows up in patch notes.
You interpret that however you like. :^P

You interpret that however you like. :^P
I liked Fukua's conversation with Brain Drain too.

- Bugfix: Sekhmet's j.M would sometimes wrongly count as IPS Stage 1 despite being a ground attack

j.M is a ground attack? Or do you mean s.H? I'm confused

- Bugfix: Sekhmet's j.M would sometimes wrongly count as IPS Stage 1 despite being a ground attack

j.M lands before hitting.

Is that why you can do j.mp->s.hp twice late in Eliza combos?

Since j.MP hits when he lands, it should count as a grounded normal, but IPS counted it as a jump in.

I just found out that only the first hit of Big band's j.lk is an overhead. Every hit after the first is mid. Is this a bug because none of the other air multi hit attacks work like that?

I just found out that only the first hit of Big band's j.lk is an overhead. Every hit after the first is mid. Is this a bug because none of the other air multi hit attacks work like that?

I havent tested what you say, but the way multihit highs and lows work in sg is:

First hit to make contact is high or low, all the subsequent hits are mid.

So if the first hit you make contact with when using BBs j.lk is his first actual hit, then its a high and the rest are mid. However if the first hit you make contact is the second hit, then that hit is a high and the last one is mid.

This is how multihit moves are supposed to work in sg in general. It used to not be this way, with certain moves like parasouls j.hk and doubles j.mk and j.lk all being fully high, but that got patched out a while back.

Other multihit jump attacks such as doubles j.hp or paiwnwheels j.mp have always worked as first contact high, subsequent hits, mid.

Yea I know about that, but BB's j.lk only has the very first hit as a high while hits 2 3 and 4 are mid no matter which hits the opponent first. Pretty sure it didn't get updated with all the other multi hit attacks.

Reactions: Flotilla and Dime
Oh ok, yeah i thought maybe that was what you meant, but wasnt sure. Yeah that is probably a bug.

Yea I know about that, but BB's j.lk only has the very first hit as a high while hits 2 3 and 4 are mid no matter which hits the opponent first. Pretty sure it didn't get updated with all the other multi hit attacks.
@Mike_Z is the only one who can say.

@Mike_Z
Let me apologize in advance if these suggestions boil your noodle or stress you out or are stupid in some way (i think at least a few of them have to be dumb since they are basically think tank style) but if any of these things are good and would make it in that would be really sweet if they dont break anything or are seen as buffs when painwheel doesnt really need any buffs at this point imho... I just want to try and please everyone with easier inputs on pinion, and threshers that dont overlap with other moves. Also remember i only make these suggestions because of the beta... Its there to try out things and stuff so I'm just trying to find some answers. Pls dont take this the wrong way and pls dont call me stupid. I really dont like it when people call me names :(
I feel like this should be the closing paragraph of every suggestion here lol

Looks like the assist indicator light doesn't reflect the recent change to pushblock.
When you have residual blockstun after a PBGC, the light turns green as soon as your point character can act, but you can't actually call assists until the residual blockstun clears. The light should stay red until blockstun clears.

Unrelated : In the command lists, Peacock's taunt is listed below her supers, while Big Band and Eliza's taunts are listed above their supers.

Reactions: IsaVulpes
Hey Mike I think it would be cool if Double's J.Lk would autocorrect and go behind her like with parasoul when she crossed up.

Indeed it looks like it did not!

Hey Mike I think it would be cool if Double's J.Lk would autocorrect and go behind her like with parasoul when she crossed up.
Nope. It does if you superjump (with or without ->doublejump) though.

Reactions: WarpedEcho
@Mike_Z

With Beowulf, I've occasionally had c.MK trigger green burst when used to pick up an opponent from an otg. I was wonder what could be causing it.

You can see it happen to me here in the combo that starts at @17:42 http://www.twitch.tv/remikz/b/596509334

I try the exact same combo right after that (@18:00) and it doesn't trigger the burst.

Last edited:
Noted, I think I know why.
The OTG grab hit happens 1f before the regular hit, so you missed with that frame.
Eventually they should get released or something when they're able to burst anyway, so it won't be an issue probably.

(You finally made me have a signature. :^)

Timestamps on twitch archives are janky as hell because they don't actually take you to the exact spot you marked. Will do next time though.

Just don't do that until the patch is released.

Would be silly to rewrite information and then Beo isn't released until in say 2 months and in between those 2 you'd have a guide for Beta only?

Reactions: mcpeanuts
@Mike_Z are the changes to fukua more or less final? i'm asking so i can get to work on the guide and compile the changes and re-write some of the information.
I would advise not working on a guide until things exist in retail, myself. I can be a fickle mistress, or something.

In seriousness, how are they working out? I've been on too much Beowulf lately to remember.

I think Fukua is pretty fine at the moment.
Requires somewhat more strategy/read, and this is good.
Still easy to learn, and this is good.
Is not stiff anymore, and this is great.

I can't complain about it.

Reactions: gllt
Well I've played against several Fukua players on the beta, I've mostly dropped her myself for Eliza (was only playing her on the side anyway)

Matchup doesn't really feel that much easier from my end. All that I really noticed was that there was less jump back air fireball from full screen.